The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cat merchant/banker upgrade [POLL]

Drako_Ei
Drako_Ei
✭✭✭✭✭

Cat merchant/banker upgrade [POLL] 374 votes

I bought the cat merchant/banker/both, and i already have the original 2 assistants, so i got 4 now
10%
AlchemicalSporvanCyberOnEsoWembleyOTGqbkitsuneHamfastcorpsebladeDarkhorse1975jircris11PocketNovaAmourhiydeEasily_LostCazzyArchMikemakl77Puzzlenutssevomd69XoelarasizererElwendryll 39 votes
I bought the cat merchant/banker/both, but i dont have the original 2 assistants
8%
Jarndycemann9753b16_ESOSpacegatoLestiersexenowarrior92eb17_ESOJenzicyclonus11abigfishyListerJMCSolid_MetalMastreusDBZVelenaSolidusPrimeStrawberryKitsuneboggoRainchaser DjMuscleboy02ButterbeansHippie4927PzTnT 33 votes
I already have the 2 original assistants, im not buying the cats, im not paying 10k crowns
23%
DaveMoeDeeDarcyMardinSincero580b14_ESOArrodisiaGythralCoatmagicaubrey.baconb16_ESODemionSalzorGlurinLoralai_907KhipuPsychopoteOmniDolookstwiceNyghthowlerOlivianderellahellabellafeyiiAefionBloodclaw 88 votes
I already have the 2 original assistants, im not buying the cats, but i would pay a upgrade for them
36%
laurajfDarGomiomegatay_ESOKikazarudarthgummibear_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOgimpdrb14_ESOkennethkatalSvenjaVolvoXXAelorinIruil_ESOAimoraAlienSlofSoupDragoncalmchambrwb17_ESOJasonSilverSpringLelldoranomingimingiBrodda 137 votes
I dont have any of them
20%
BigBraggcalitrumanb14_ESOdeadsheepb14_ESOmystkldrgnb14_ESOPrinceDamiensparafucilsarwb17_ESORev RielleSaubonBazdaTumlinTheJollyMorimizoRomoHvzedaxxthir13enxxEnemy-of-ColdharbourDedEmbryonicCell19LucyferLightbringerAsmodeusDarkseipher09Browiseth 77 votes
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already have the 2 original assistants, im not buying the cats, im not paying 10k crowns
    The alfiqs are a total ripoff, $50 for 1, even though I have a banker/merchant already? Pathetic.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • WembleyOTG
    WembleyOTG
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the cat merchant/banker/both, and i already have the original 2 assistants, so i got 4 now
    Upgrade shouldn't be in there. They are essentially a collectable like any other mount. Non combat pet. Or outfit. You don't upgrade your mount when you buy another one say a wolf from a camel. The banker and merchant are just functional pet items like a mount that do something for you.

It's just that they cost 5000 crowns instead of mount pricing at 3000 crowns. But upgrading should not have even been there. It's basically another mount.

If you want to upgrade then you would have to lose the original like the indrik mount.
    Edited by WembleyOTG on June 7, 2019 4:37AM
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have the 2 original assistants, im not buying the cats, but i would pay a upgrade for them
    I would love to have them, but I have both original assistants already and I can't justify another 10k crowns for something I already have.

Yes, I know, the same could be said about mount reskins, because I already have a mount that offers the same functionality, but for me that's still something that feels very different. I use a mount to finish a character's complete look, often use a miniature version of the mount as a pet, and I use a mount way more than I use the assistants. Plus, I see that combination of outfit, skin, mount and pet on the character selection screen every time I am logging in and it just satisfies me if it fits together perfectly.
    An assistant is used for maybe half a minute and then I put it away again. 5k for a new skin for THAT feels too much for me (and I have bought mounts for almost that amount.).
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the cat merchant/banker/both, but i dont have the original 2 assistants
    I already had the original banker but not the original merchant so I went ahead and bought both of the Alfiqs. The Alfiq banker, so far, behaves much better than Tythis does.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the original merchant. I bought the cat banker. They are expensive for sure but it will be very convenient to have a banker in my house now. Especially now with the housing storage containers.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Devanear
    Devanear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont have any of them
    Once I accumulate enough crowns from the subscription, I'll buy the old banker, because dunmer, and the new kitty merchant. I'll buy them to get the functionality. I would not pay 5000 crowns for a reskin, if I already had the merchant and the banker.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty poor choice of options. Choices 3 and 4 are a mess.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never felt it necessary to spend that much on a banker or merchant, especially with their limited access. I had some crowns saved up from ESO+, so I bought the banker. Probably wouldn't have ever got one if it wasn't an adorable alfiq.

I don't see a problem with people who already own the originals being able to trade in/upgrade for a lesser cost. It's unfortunate that this is not a possibility.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah ***,. wrong poll option
    already hvae the old ones but would be happy to upgrade/buy a skin for them
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new assistants are not a big deal. No one complains when a new mount comes out begging for an "upgrade" because they already have a mount lol. The assistants are the same way. Don't like it? don't buy it.
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alfiqs are a total ripoff, $50 for 1, even though I have a banker/merchant already? Pathetic.

40 bucks but still pricy.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the 2 old merchant/banker and yes I have never regretted buying them. But.....

I love the whole Elsweyr theme and flavour and these new kitties are teasing me mercilessly. I cannot afford them at their present price withought sacrifficing the new Elsweyr house I must have and the furnishing packs. I know there wont be another crowns sale for a while now😢😢😢😢😢😭
  • Kotusha
    Kotusha
    ✭✭✭
    I dont have any of them
    I'm saving up to buy cats. I didn't want the original ones, but the cats are a different story.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the two original merchants, and won't buy the new ones because I don't need them. I don't mind that the price is the same as the originals.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WembleyOTG wrote: »
    Upgrade shouldn't be in there. They are essentially a collectable like any other mount. Non combat pet. Or outfit. You don't upgrade your mount when you buy another one say a wolf from a camel. The banker and merchant are just functional pet items like a mount that do something for you.

It's just that they cost 5000 crowns instead of mount pricing at 3000 crowns. But upgrading should not have even been there. It's basically another mount.

If you want to upgrade then you would have to lose the original like the indrik mount.

The mount is part of one's persona, it's used to traverse distance between wayshrines, and is used to be seen on, a lot.
    It's like being seen driving a sportscar through town.

The banker is like a wallet.
    One flips it open in a restaurant to access a credit card, or stuff a few bucks change into, then stick it back in yer pocket.

The cat is a utility that you want to finish with and get back on the road.
    The mount is what you use on the road.

If you have a Porsche and a Corvette, you can't use both, so you decide which one fits your costume today.
    Nobody cares if they have the brown wallet or the denim/Velcro wallet in their hip pocket.

They aint the same thing.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.

I refused to purchase Nuzimeh for reasons having nothing to do with expense. I bought the merchant cat, and I will buy the banker Imperial when they release him.

Also your poll is biased.
    Edited by max_only on June 7, 2019 6:50AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont have any of them
    I'll just buy them on sale someday as I like the cats but I'm not in dire need of a banker or a merchant. Patience is a virtue.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the originals and thought hard about paying so much for them, although that said they have been useful, so for me paying £60 (10000 crowns) for what essentially is just a reskin is a no go for me - I would have paid 2000-3000 crowns for an upgrade though
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I have both the original merchant and banker, I’m not bothered about the new pets or reskinning.

What I would be interested in is a banker who links to my guilds and a merchant who does repairs.

Half-arsed catskins don’t offer anything new for me.
  • Comixfan
    Comixfan
    ✭✭✭
    The new assistants are not a big deal. No one complains when a new mount comes out begging for an "upgrade" because they already have a mount lol. The assistants are the same way. Don't like it? don't buy it.

There's a big difference in price between mounts and assistants, though. That's the issue a lot of people (myself included) have with this.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Already have the originals, see no reason to buy the cat versions.
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont have any of them
    The banker and merchant assistants has been a ripoff from the start. Refuse to buy them.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have loved the cats, if they were available back then. But since I already have the old banker and merchant, I'm not willing to spend so many crowns basically just for a new look but otherwise the same features as the first ones.
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought them because I wanted them. I bought crowns on sale a while ago and waited for them. I rarely (if ever) buy anything from the crown store these days (never buy crates) and I rarely sub. These 2 kitties are the only thing that have interested me in forever.

For me, I'll use them in the world but I'll also use them in my houses since I enjoy housing. I look at them exactly as they are: something I already own that was re-skinned and interested me in the new form.

I completely understand why someone else wouldn't want to re-purchase something you've already got. There are many, many pets/mounts that I didn't like in the re-skinned form (that I already owned) and saw no reason to purchase it again. To each their own.
    Edited by PocketNova on June 7, 2019 9:20AM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WembleyOTG wrote: »

I'm sure many owners of the originals(including myself) would have no problem with this. In fact, that was kind of the point.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Responsible financial decision making is not one of my skills. Kitties!
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    screw redguards and dark elves...cats FTW!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely would of went with cats if had option. They are cute, but it's not practical decision to have 4. Also in long run this model isn't sustainable as many will not buy repeats of a utility tool.
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Other.

I refused to purchase Nuzimeh for reasons having nothing to do with expense. I bought the merchant cat, and I will buy the banker Imperial when they release him.

Also your poll is biased.

What other options would you add? I tried as hard as i could to not put biased options
    Edited by Drako_Ei on June 7, 2019 10:44AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have Tythis Andromo, but not the merchant. While it would be nice to have a banker who doesn't keep yelling about Mooth Nar and Alexandra Conele I'm not going to pay 5000Cr for the privilege. Especially since I can't be sure that the kajhiit banker won't just start yelling about some things I did in AD land.

PC EU