The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

List of hairstyles still unavailable to players

• CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VaIerius wrote: »
    A Crown Store banner for Draping Locks (Veya’s hair) has been datamined from the latest PTS update. While this is no guarantee that it will hit the store, it is still a good indication that it might become available to players soon.

aw_crwn_hair_drapinglocks_ivt_11928_1x1-239437f453ba.jpg

Please let this be buyable with seals and not something outrageous exorbitant….

We are goin to have October's showcase. I hope we have this hair for crowns <3
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draping locks for a daily login reward!? :o
    Hopefully it will still come to the store later so people who aren't playing this month will be able to get it.
  • MisterGibs
    MisterGibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrin wrote: »
    Draping locks for a daily login reward!? :o
    Hopefully it will still come to the store later so people who aren't playing this month will be able to get it.

The beard did, so it probably will. The question is how many months/years will it take.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, ZOS, for adding Draping Locks to the dailies!

I'd love to see Jorunn's style released next. ;)
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the "Mid-Parted Shoulder Length" what Count Damard and Moric Guidroz are wearing but on males?
    900px-ON-npc-Count_Damard_Dufort.jpg
    900px-ON-npc-Moric_Guidroz.jpg
    I assume that's not the same as "Center-Part Long" from the male character creator?
    Center-Part-Long_thumb.jpg?resize=195%2C244Center-Part-Long-3_thumb.jpg?resize=171%2C244
    I don't have any male characters, so I can't test this out on my own.

Also, they're taunting us with Zeira's style in the High Isle chapter. :wink:
    Mender Roslenn: 900px-ON-npc-Mender_Roslenn.jpg

(Images from the UESP and ESO Fashion sites)
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    Is the "Mid-Parted Shoulder Length" what Count Damard and Moric Guidroz are wearing but on males?

Those are actually two different hairstyles. Damard's got the basegame "Center Part Long" which has always been male only, but Guidroz is wearing the unreleased "Mid-Parted Shoulder Length." Note that it's wavier and the texture is more washed out, despite the fact that they look really similar.

It's similar to the standard argument that people have that "male and female NPCs can have the Romanesque style, but female players can't!" because they see Zeira's hairstyle and think it's just a female version of the "Short Imperial" style. It's not; those are two different hairstyles, one which is basegame and male-only, and the other which has never been released. I'd also assume that, if they ever were to release Zeira's, it would have some of the same glitches as Short Mussed did (we've never seen Zeira's on a male character, so it would clip through the forehead if they released it as-is, similar to how Short Mussed was only ever on male NPCs, and when it released we found that the female morph didn't sit right on the head. But that's been fixed now.)

But yes, please ZOS, release all of the styles we haven't gotten yet. At least my big two are in, but I will totally spring for any hairstyles you release ever. And hopefully we get a new one soon.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are actually two different hairstyles. Damard's got the basegame "Center Part Long" which has always been male only, but Guidroz is wearing the unreleased "Mid-Parted Shoulder Length." Note that it's wavier and the texture is more washed out, despite the fact that they look really similar.

It's similar to the standard argument that people have that "male and female NPCs can have the Romanesque style, but female players can't!" because they see Zeira's hairstyle and think it's just a female version of the "Short Imperial" style. It's not; those are two different hairstyles, one which is basegame and male-only, and the other which has never been released. I'd also assume that, if they ever were to release Zeira's, it would have some of the same glitches as Short Mussed did (we've never seen Zeira's on a male character, so it would clip through the forehead if they released it as-is, similar to how Short Mussed was only ever on male NPCs, and when it released we found that the female morph didn't sit right on the head. But that's been fixed now.)

But yes, please ZOS, release all of the styles we haven't gotten yet. At least my big two are in, but I will totally spring for any hairstyles you release ever. And hopefully we get a new one soon.

Thanks for the explanation, @tomofhyrule. I thought they might be different, but it's hard to tell without seeing them from all angles and in the same color.

Have we ever seen Zeira's style (not the Imperial one) on males in game? Just curious.

I also agree wholeheartedly with your final paragraph.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have we ever seen Zeira's style (not the Imperial one) on males in game? Just curious.

No. That one is and has always been exclusive to female NPCs.

It hasn't been as used as much as Draping Locks or Short Mussed Wave before they released (I swear, they used SMW on at least two NPCs every single zone DLC from the time it was made for Thieves Guild until they finally released it), but there are a few other notable NPCs who wear that short style. But all are women.
  • Fennorian
    Fennorian
    ✭✭✭
    Thosee braids definitely need to come out 👀
    Quite literally an NPC
  • Szpadynio
    Szpadynio
    Soul Shriven
    I wish that hairstyle (jorunn hair) was available in the game, it looks so nice. and his beard too.
    Edited by Szpadynio on May 1, 2023 2:38PM