The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

List of hairstyles still unavailable to players

• Rhaena
    Rhaena
    ✭✭
    The selection of things in the store is actually really dismal, they have so many items they could rotate in and out weekly instead of stuffing them all in crates or only rotating them once or twice a year. I can't believe I'm saying it but they ought to take a page out of FO76's book when it comes to shop item rotations.
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    I want my damn SHRIKE hair. Take my gold already!
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From today's news article:
    4246afe3e0daa127f87f895474103757.jpg
    Okay, at this point, you're just teasing us...

I'm not annoyed about the armor since we'll get the Sea Giant motif to come out probably around September or so, but I know that the Short Mussed Wave style is probably one of my top most wanted things to show in the crown store, and you keep showing it off in all kinds of promo art without actually releasing it.

Please, please, consider releasing some of the PTS/NPC styles already! And maybe some of those other styles that haven't been in the store for over a year!
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS?!? give us more hair styles!!! and please give us an in game way to change hair color, Spending 3000 crowns just to change hair color is absurd. I wouldn't even care if it was 500 crowns (though it would be a fantastic gold sink in game to let us dye our hair as part of the outfit station, or even have a barber in game that can be purchased as an NPC that will let you dye your hair. Some hair styles change the color of your hair by a lot, and it is sooooo disappointing to get a new style and be super excited about it, but then it looks awful with the hair color you have.)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mullet has been datamined!

n04sn0h.jpeg

Not that it says much since Short Mussed Wave has been datamined for ages....
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what's just been datamined!

n04sn0h.jpeg
    Yeah, that doesn't mean it's coming since Unruly Bangs and Short Mussed Wave were on PTS, but we at least have a name for Dagrund's mullet now: Misanthropic Lycanthrope. And the last time we saw a datamined hairstyle, it showed in the next set of crates. We might get at least one of these NPC styles soon...

Still annoyed that there are too many examples of Short Mussed Wave in promo art, and now one of the models for a new skin is wearing Velsa's still-unnamed hair, but hopefully ZOS is listening to how much we want these styles. Now all we need is for them to release. ;)
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaaahh, I've been wanting these two for SO long! Especially the long hair, there's so few long hair options, especially for guys.
    On that note, why not make all hairstyles be able to be equipped regardless of gender?

Short Mussed Wave
    GVW4lr4.jpg

Unnamed Long Hair
    Yf9Oz0E.png
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Aaaahh, I've been wanting these two for SO long! Especially the long hair, there's so few long hair options, especially for guys.
    On that note, why not make all hairstyles be able to be equipped regardless of gender?

Short Mussed Wave
    GVW4lr4.jpg

Unnamed Long Hair
    Yf9Oz0E.png
    Yes, I need these two styles. Please ZOS, give us these!

As to your second point, that's something they've noticed. From another thread:
    Hey folks,

We wanted to reach out and let you know that we appreciate the feedback provided in this thread and it has been passed along to the proper team.

As @heaven13 brought up, only the hairstyles we originally launched with are like this, and all later hairstyles are gender-neutral. Future hairstyles will continue to be gender-neutral as well.
    We can expect future hairstyles to be available for both genders. I don't know if they'll go back and redo the old ones, but if they ever release new styles, we can expect them to wear them regardless of gender.

I even notice that the Misanthropic Lycanthrope that's been datamined has an Argonian and a Khajiit morph as well, and I don't think those have been seen in game on any NPCs.

I know that the 'Short Mussed Wave' has a Khajiit morph as well, but I don't think there's an Argonian version. The 'Unruly Bangs' style that Svana has does have a version for all races, but it's rare to see on the beast races.
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="VaIerius;d-478490"

Unruly Bangs
    sYYisgW.png?3

[/quote]

The Magenta hair is my favorite but I don't love the dye - so I would go nuts for this.

The other thing I don't understand is the inability to change hair at dye stations.
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veya hair.

NOW ZOS!
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi again, it's your monthly reminder that we're hungry for some of these styles! With the September showcase coming up next week, it's be great if some of these unreleased styles could make an appearance.

Especially since you've been using Short Mussed Wave very liberally in the Greymoor promo shots. That one model you keep using is wearing Sea Giant armor...wouldn't it be great if we had his hairstyle as well so we could make him...?
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the warrior top knots for my orc so cool and reminds be of the same style from oblivion!
    PC EU
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again, it's your monthly reminder that we're hungry for some of these styles! With the September showcase coming up next week, it's be great if some of these unreleased styles could make an appearance.

Especially since you've been using Short Mussed Wave very liberally in the Greymoor promo shots. That one model you keep using is wearing Sea Giant armor...wouldn't it be great if we had his hairstyle as well so we could make him...?

Also one of the new datamined skins had veya hair...i hate zos for teasing us like this, i just want my long hair :(
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last hairstyle on the list was released, can you remove it from the list? :D
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not going to lie, I think now more than ever hairstyles should be released in the crown store over this old recycled junk like the imperial costumes... we only got one new hairstyle this entire year & that was the Seafarer's Crowning Trim. Don't understand why they can't just go ahead & release them as much as people are requesting them... plus the trolling of the hairstyles being on toons in promotional imagery w/o releasing them is mind boggling to me.
    Edited by JazzyNova on September 4, 2020 5:13PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to lie, I think now more than ever hairstyles should be released in the crown store over this old recycled junk like the imperial costumes... we only got one new hairstyle this entire year & that was the Seafarer's Crowning Trim. Don't understand why they can't just go ahead & release them as much as people are requesting them... plus the trolling of the hairstyles being on toons in promotional imagery w/o releasing them is mind boggling to me.

Completely agree here. Especially since Seafarer's is hidden in a crate as well - the last hairstyle we could get to buy outright was Adorable Assassin, and that was around July of last year.

People have been begging up and down for that long elven style that Rolis Hlaalu/Velsa/Veya Releth wear, and now we see that's showing up in a datamined promo shot for a skin (that'll likely be in the next crate season). Another major one people would kill for is Short Mussed Wave - it was on PTS at one point, it's worn by a bunch of NPCs (Adjunct Daro, Nicolas, Chef Donolon), and it's been the style worn in many Greymoor promo shots (the guy with Sea Giant light armor, who also is featured in the violin emote and the upcoming Sereyne houseguest shot). And Unruly Bangs - another one from PTS featured on a bunch of NPCs this round (not the least of which is Svana), which has a dyed version (Magenta Rainbow hair) that was made available at one point.

Not to mention the other styles like Heroic Poet that have been out of the store for over 2 years by this point. I get that FOMO will push more sales, but how many people have started (and stopped!) playing since it was out who aren't giving money for it?!

Please ZOS, give us hairstyles! I can't imagine it's much work to just put something back up on the store, and think of how many people have joined the game since Elsweyr that don't have these styles and are willing to buy them.
  • ZeSpecter
    ZeSpecter
    Soul Shriven
    Monthly reminder that is still HIGHLY requested by the community. More money for you guys ZOS and we get the hairstyles. It's 100% a win-win situation for all parties involved.
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp, they released the Unnamed Mullet Hair (aka Misanthropic Lycanthrope) in the Sovngarde Crown Crates, which I'm proudly wearing on my nord stamdk! Now all I'm waiting for is the Short Mussed Wave, Unruly Bangs, Veya's Hair & Mid-parted Shoulder Length hairstyles, which they'll all hopefully release soon

18ecvoo.png

mdFWDAB.png

6HNsPON.jpg
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, they released the Unnamed Mullet Hair (aka Misanthropic Lycanthrope) in the Sovngarde Crown Crates, which I'm proudly wearing on my nord stamdk! Now all I'm waiting for is the Short Mussed Wave, Unruly Bangs, Veya's Hair & Mid-parted Shoulder Length hairstyles, which they'll all hopefully release soon
    18ecvoo.png

mdFWDAB.png

6HNsPON.jpg

These are the three I want as well. It's be amazing if they released a pack of these three as a "Lost Hairstyles Pack" in next month's showcase or something. I'd buy it instantly.

Especially annoying since the Unruly Bangs has a dyed version in a crown crate, so it's not like it can't be done at all. The other two are used on a bunch of NPCs, and it's sad to see them available while we can't get it ourselves.

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that they don't have all beast race morphs. I know that Short Mussed Wave has a Khajiit version but not an Argonian one, and the other unnamed style hasn't been seen on any non-mer.
    ...honestly, doesn't matter to me, I'd still buy it full-price without those.

Just please make these available!
    Edited by tomofhyrule on October 23, 2020 2:26AM
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    18ecvoo.png

mdFWDAB.png

6HNsPON.jpg

These are the three I want as well. It's be amazing if they released a pack of these three as a "Lost Hairstyles Pack" in next month's showcase or something. I'd buy it instantly.

Especially annoying since the Unruly Bangs has a dyed version in a crown crate, so it's not like it can't be done at all. The other two are used on a bunch of NPCs, and it's sad to see them available while we can't get it ourselves.

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that they don't have all beast race morphs. I know that Short Mussed Wave has a Khajiit version but not an Argonian one, and the other unnamed style hasn't been seen on any non-mer.

Wait, the unruly does?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    18ecvoo.png

mdFWDAB.png

6HNsPON.jpg

Wait, the unruly does?

Magenta Rainbow Hair from the Dwarven crates is just the dyed version of Unruly Bangs, so it's got all morphs already and it's in game. I don't know why they don't just make Unruly available, since the work is done. Every other dyed version of a style also has the undyed available as well (Feathered Kelp Scalp from Wild Hunt crates vs. Fine Upstanding Spines in the store; Mane of Many Rivers from Wild Hunt crates vs. Long Foregathered Mane in the store; Rotmeth Hangover Bedhead from Wild Hunt crates vs. Long Wild Locks in the store; The Standing Flame from Flame Atro crates vs. The Standing Wave which was in the store and was removed 6 months ago without warning)

Also, since Short Mussed Wave was datamined (and on PTS!) at one point, we've also seen it on player characters. It's not got an Argonian morph, but it does work on Khajiit.

I'll give that that Elven style never officially got datamined, so we don't even know what the name of it is. It does have a lot of people who want it though. But those other two also have a lot of people wanting them and they're so close to being playable it's not even funny, what with one having a dyed version available and the other having made it to PTS, so it's just infuriating that they're not available yet.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    18ecvoo.png

mdFWDAB.png

6HNsPON.jpg

Wait, the unruly does?

Magenta Rainbow Hair from the Dwarven crates is just the dyed version of Unruly Bangs, so it's got all morphs already and it's in game. I don't know why they don't just make Unruly available, since the work is done. Every other dyed version of a style also has the undyed available as well (Feathered Kelp Scalp from Wild Hunt crates vs. Fine Upstanding Spines in the store; Mane of Many Rivers from Wild Hunt crates vs. Long Foregathered Mane in the store; Rotmeth Hangover Bedhead from Wild Hunt crates vs. Long Wild Locks in the store; The Standing Flame from Flame Atro crates vs. The Standing Wave which was in the store and was removed 6 months ago without warning)

Also, since Short Mussed Wave was datamined (and on PTS!) at one point, we've also seen it on player characters. It's not got an Argonian morph, but it does work on Khajiit.

I'll give that that Elven style never officially got datamined, so we don't even know what the name of it is. It does have a lot of people who want it though. But those other two also have a lot of people wanting them and they're so close to being playable it's not even funny, what with one having a dyed version available and the other having made it to PTS, so it's just infuriating that they're not available yet.

God i would kill for veya hair..

• JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that for next month, new hairstyles in the crown store would be an awesome surprise, especially since people have wanted them for so long & with the Holidays coming up, it would be even better. It's hard for me to hold out hope that they'll release any of these hairstyles in the near future or rerelease ones like The Heroic Poet & The Casual Rascal, but hopefully they will make them available sometime in the near future.
    Edited by JazzyNova on November 11, 2020 1:30AM
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that for next month, new hairstyles in the crown store would be an awesome surprise, especially since people have wanted them for so long & with the Holidays coming up, it would be even better. It's hard for me to hold out hope that they'll release any of these hairstyles in the near future or rerelease ones like The Heroic Poet & The Casual Rascal, but hopefully they will make them available sometime in the near future.

Especially after, the lets be real, pretty awful year we have all had, would be just nice.
  • Gray_Raven
    Gray_Raven
    ✭✭
    Would like to see more prominent bangs on male characters. Also just noticed this little guy here in shimmerene. 81fc98a8-6171-4373-8855-a4e76b500d54.png

d62ef98e-34fc-444f-aec2-b13a01cbdd54.png
    Edited by Gray_Raven on November 17, 2020 1:17PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gray_Raven wrote: »
    Would like to see more prominent bangs on male characters. Also just noticed this little guy here in shimmerene.

This is the Casual Rascal, which was at least available to players, but has been out of the store for ages, similar to the Heroic Poet (another that I'd love to get). I think they left the store in 2017, never to return.

It's interesting running through Vateshran, since that's pretty well the realm of unavailable hairstyles. Every named NPC in there has a non-default hairstyle, and only one of those is available:
    200px-ON-npc-Rites_Matron.jpg
    The Rites Matron is wearing the Barbaric Windblown hair, which we are able to get in the Beautriful Barbarian pack.
    200px-ON-npc-Caddgarn.jpg
    Then there's Caddgarn, who's wearing Short Mussed Wave;
    200px-ON-npc-Aydsil.jpg
    The merchant Aydsil, who's the only other character I've seen wearing Zeira's short hair;
    200px-ON-npc-Aydolan.jpg
    And of course Aydolan, who's in the aforementioned Heroic Poet.

I can't understand why ZOS is being so stingy with hairstyles. I would kill for Short Mussed Wave to be available...
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    @tomofhyrule Jeez, I also noticed so many unavailable hairstyles on NPCs in Vateshran Hollows... also the chef in Vivec City, Gilbara Morrand has Zeira's hair too.

https://images.uesp.net/e/ec/ON-npc-Gilbara-Morrard.png

But yeah, I'm still crossing my fingers that they release these hairstyles soon... but I wouldn't be surprised if they included at least one of these hairstyles again in the next season of crown crates, as much as it pains me to say it. I'd rather buy them with actual crowns honestly.
    Edited by JazzyNova on November 18, 2020 3:48PM
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point it's just plain stupid for ZOS not to release them.
    I've never encountered a company who are told over and over again "we want to spend money on these items" and then the company not release the item. That's bizarre.

The "veya hair" has been used in game since 2015!!!!
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point it's just plain stupid for ZOS not to release them.
    I've never encountered a company who are told over and over again "we want to spend money on these items" and then the company not release the item. That's bizarre.

The "veya hair" has been used in game since 2015!!!!

GIVE US IT

(Also i follow you on twitter, beautiful screenshots!)
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another Crown Store Showcase, another unavailable hairstyle in the promo shot...
    25352ac790581c18a395e65df1d94b3b.jpg
    It's really infuriating that that model with the Short Mussed Wave hairstyle has been used in about half of the Greymoor promo shots, and this is now the second time he's been in a Crown Store promo as well. I don't think they've used any other model characters this much.

...and the woman with Adorable Assassin behind Hroltar, and the dude that's constantly on display in the Appearance Change Token, both of whom have Crown Store hairstyles that have not been available in over a year...

ZOS, you do realize that there are loads of people who want to pay for these styles, right? You see everyone on this forum asking for it, imagine how many more casual players aren't on the forum who would pay just as much for a new hairstyle... There's a reason that hairstyle mods are some of the most popular for Elder Scrolls games, because everyone always wants new hairstyles.

Stop using unavailable things to model stuff! Or better yet, release them!!