The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

List of hairstyles still unavailable to players

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, guess what? Another lost hairstyle is coming up in the next set of crates!

Yeah, I'd prefer if it were for sale instead of hidden in lootboxes, but "Unruly Bangs" seems to be inbound as a 40-gem reward. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555412/?_ga=2.242025282.1340968055.1606606032-1087224587.1569104231

Still waiting for Short Mussed Wave, but progress (even if it's super tiny baby steps) is progress.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, guess what? Another lost hairstyle is coming up in the next set of crates!

Yeah, I'd prefer if it were for sale instead of hidden in lootboxes, but "Unruly Bangs" seems to be inbound as a 40-gem reward. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555412/?_ga=2.242025282.1340968055.1606606032-1087224587.1569104231

Still waiting for Short Mussed Wave, but progress (even if it's super tiny baby steps) is progress.

Ffff, Crown Crates don’t count. :unamused: But thank you for sharing the info!
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do. It's a release, it's better then nothing.

would of prefered veya hair tho...
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, generally same as nothing if you’re not into gamble crates, which I am not. It only means I’ll see the style on some player characters as well as NPCs. I was going to say that it is worse than nothing as it means that they probably won’t ever release it for direct sale, but then that’s the same as nothing so... meh.

If Veya’s hairstyle is ever released for direct purchase then I may forgive them...
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 10, 2020 9:22PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, generally same as nothing if you’re not into gamble crates, which I am not. It only means I’ll see the style on some player characters as well as NPCs. I was going to say that it is worse than nothing as it means that they probably won’t ever release it for direct sale, but then that’s the same as nothing so... meh.

If Veya’s hairstyle is ever released for direct purchase then I may forgive them...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the Crate mechanics. There's really not much outside of the hairstyle that interests me in this set, so I just spent the gems day one and I'll just ignore them for the next three months.

But at least there is a way to get the hairstyle without paying directly into the gamble crate system. I found out about the Twitch drops a few months ago, and it's been great. I made a free account, linked them, and now I just switch a stream on my phone while I'm doing something and get a drop for the day. There are usually drops on over most weekends, and you can just turn on a stream and get a box or three over the course of one weekend, which comes out to about 4 gems each on decon. Ten of those, and you've got enough to get the hairstyle without spending any money on a crate at all.

There's also buying with gold from Crown sellers, but that's still someone supporting the system so I understand that that's still uncomfortable for anyone who is opposed to gamble crates.

I'm getting pessimistic that any of the other hairstyles will ever go up for direct purchase. After all, the first two we finally removed from this list were in the two latest crate seasons. It is giving me a bit of hope that Short Mussed Wave (which was in a very similar boat to Unruly Bangs) may be the next one we'll see in the next set of crates, but I really need to not get my hopes up that I'll see that hairstyle then (or ever). Sure, best case scenario would be for them to put it in the store for direct purchase ASAP (and Velsa's style, and return old ones like Heroic Poet), but they've been really stingy with bringing anything into the store for a few months now.

Still would like a "Lost NPC Hairstyle Pack: Short Mussed Wave, [whatever they want to call Velsa's], [some other one]" to pop up in the Style Parlor right about now. I've got Crowns burning a hole in my pocket for that, ZOS...

Although this has gotten me thinking about something else - could some of these styles be missing because they don't have specific morphs and the designers haven't decided to make them? We haven't gotten any recent hairstyles that are excluded for certain races (notably Argonians), and there isn't an Argonian version of Short Mussed Wave (and the unnamed Velsa style doesn't have a Khajiit morph either. In that case, please designers make some feathers or something so you can finally release these other styles!
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me releasing in crates doesn't count, I won't buy unless crown store. I hate crown crate lottery, it's stressful and a waste of money.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    For me releasing in crates doesn't count, I won't buy unless crown store. I hate crown crate lottery, it's stressful and a waste of money.

Just above were mentioned twitch drops. No stress, 3-5 gems per crate, if you save enough you can avoid the lottery and just buy items for gems
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something I discovered, apparently there is an NPC in Stormhold wearing the hairstyle shown in the crystalfrost skin promo.

Front:
    PtYtODi.png

Back:
    zDRXQln.png
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they did it again!

90a44fce0143b2e0ce76669e2bae11c4.jpg

New companion guy has, what else?, Short Mussed Wave.

Please ZOS, RELEASE THIS STYLE!
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, they did it again!

90a44fce0143b2e0ce76669e2bae11c4.jpg

Yeah, I was about to write about that. They keep dangling it in front of us. It's cruel, really. ;)
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, they did it again!

Well, I hope they release this hairstyle soon, as well as the Mid-parted shoulder hair, I have a feeling those are coming next... though I also have a strong feeling Casual Rascal & Heroic Poet will most likely come back when the new bard personality comes out.

I'd be incredibly shocked if they didn't come back with the new bard personality, especially based on their crown store descriptions. I want Heroic Poet for my reachman lol

Casual Rascal - "Everyone knows somebody who wears this head of hair: they may lead you into mischief, but you know you'll have a good time."

Heroic Poet - "Oh, you romantic devil, tossing off quatrains and epigrams as you charge into battle to defend the underdog! You know who you are, and this is your hair."
    Edited by JazzyNova on January 29, 2021 12:32AM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they did it again!

Well, I hope they release this hairstyle soon, as well as the Mid-parted shoulder hair, I have a feeling those are coming next... though I also have a strong feeling Casual Rascal & Heroic Poet will most likely come back when the new bard personality comes out.

I'd be incredibly shocked if they didn't come back with the new bard personality, especially based on their crown store descriptions. I want Heroic Poet for my reachman lol

Casual Rascal - "Everyone knows somebody who wears this head of hair: they may lead you into mischief, but you know you'll have a good time."

Heroic Poet - "Oh, you romantic devil, tossing off quatrains and epigrams as you charge into battle to defend the underdog! You know who you are, and this is your hair."

...assuming they even release that Bard personality in the first place...

I was so hyped for that when it was datamined, and like most things... ZOS decided we didn't care. Ugh...

Oh, and speaking of the Casual Rascal - I went on PTS to play some fashion scrolls check out some of the new stuff, and guess what I saw - the Casual Rascal and Standing Wave hairstyles are in the PTS Crown Store. Why not release them on live? (Or for that matter, the hairstyles on the front page?) Granted, I prefer Heroic Poet to Casual Rascal, but those have been unavailable on live since November 2017 now. Well over three years unavailable? And iirc, many of the styles we're looking for (Short Mussed Wave, Velsa's) were seen on NPCs since March 2016's Thieves Guild DLC. This is soon to be five years dangling a carrot in front of us.

Isn't it about time, ZOS? You do realize we would like to give you money for these, right?
    Edited by tomofhyrule on January 29, 2021 8:10PM
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably STILL waiting on the Portside Shave...

They want to make money, but they don't want to put out things that will *make* them money...
    Edited by DreamsUnderStars on January 30, 2021 2:02PM
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, The Akaviri Potentate crates should be replaced in a few weeks by the Ayleid crates. Based the pattern they have had going since the Nightfall crate season, we'll likely be getting another hairstyle in this season as well. There are several possibilities as to what this season's could be:

Short Mussed Wave (By FAR the most requested hairstyle after Veya's hair & what I hope for the most)

Mid-Parted Shoulder Length
    Portside Shave
    Warrior Topknots

Ones I hope aren't in crates & are sold for crowns/return to crown store instead:

Adorable Assassin
    Casual Rascal
    Heroic Poet

Personally, I'd prefer if the other 3 I listed above these were sold for crowns as well. At this time, I believe Veya's hair is highly unlikely currently as it hasn't been datamined & doesn't have an in-game name or icon yet. Remember the Misanthropic Lycanthrope (aka mullet) was in the game for years too & wasn't datamined until right before the Sovngarde Crates came out, so it might be the same case with Velsa's/Veya's hair.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I'd prefer them to show up for individual purchase, I'd be so happy if they threw us a bone with Short Mussed Wave. Especially after they've had it in so many of the recent promo arts, and we'll be seeing it soon on the Anniversary baker as well (and the fact that one of the Clockwork Delve quest people wears it too)

SMW, Warrior Topknots, and Portside Shave did all make it to the PTS at one point or another as well - they have screenshots on ESO Fashion - so I hope that means they'll eventually release. We haven't seen the same for Mid-Parted yet.

Velsa's as well, since it hasn't been found in the files and we still don't have a name for it. Hopefully they'll bring that one soon, but I doubt it will be until it's found in the files. I'm about ready to see that one though, it was great when Misanthropic Lycanthrope came out, and I'd like to finally have a name for it other than 'Velsa's style.'

I am wondering if they'll throw us a bone with Adorable Assassin in next month's showcase. It tends to come out with Naryu's outfit, but that came back a few months ago without the hairstyle. The Tribunal Celebration does spill into next month and it's tended to be available with Morrowind celebrations, so we may get lucky. Then again, we've been asking for the others for years and haven't been listened to yet... Then again, that's also the only one that has a datamined Crown Crate card, but again that doesn't mean anything since there are a lot of datamined crate cards that haven't been seen and are unlikely to ever be in crates.

As for the other two, they haven't been seen since the end of 2017, and I don't know when they'd be coming back. I'd love them to finally put Heroic Poet back up though.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on February 21, 2021 6:31PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streaked River Braids - I think the basic version has been in the Ayleid crates. My Argonian is at least wearing this hairstyle now.

Unnamed Long Hair - that’s what I want!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's that time of year again - let's hope we can get something in the next Showcase!

This season of crates went by without giving us any new old hairstyles, but we did at least get lucky in this month's showcase to get two hairstyles, and one of them was even a 3-year old style!

My dream: The Thieves' Guild pack - Short Mussed Wave, along with Velsa's and Zeria's. Especially since these have been on NPCs since the Thieves' Guild DLC, which has just had its 5th birthday. We've been asking for these styles for five years, and still nothing.

But even the styles that have been in the store are so rare as to get on this list - We haven't seen things like Heroic Poet or Wavy Triple Braided Updo since 2017, and I think I've only seen one or two people in the entire game wearing one of those styles. They really are that rare, and are just as due for a comeback as any of the other styles are due for a first showing.

I'd love to see the Hairstyles tab in the Crown Store get some more love - this month is the first time we got something added, even if only temporary, since Adorable Assassin last popped in right before I started playing in July 2019. Come on, ZOS, we're all really wanting to get these (read: willing to pay) and it can't be much work to make them available, especially for something like Short Mussed Wave that was even on PTS at one point!
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's that time of year again - let's hope we can get something in the next Showcase!

This season of crates went by without giving us any new old hairstyles, but we did at least get lucky in this month's showcase to get two hairstyles, and one of them was even a 3-year old style!

My dream: The Thieves' Guild pack - Short Mussed Wave, along with Velsa's and Zeria's. Especially since these have been on NPCs since the Thieves' Guild DLC, which has just had its 5th birthday. We've been asking for these styles for five years, and still nothing.

But even the styles that have been in the store are so rare as to get on this list - We haven't seen things like Heroic Poet or Wavy Triple Braided Updo since 2017, and I think I've only seen one or two people in the entire game wearing one of those styles. They really are that rare, and are just as due for a comeback as any of the other styles are due for a first showing.

I'd love to see the Hairstyles tab in the Crown Store get some more love - this month is the first time we got something added, even if only temporary, since Adorable Assassin last popped in right before I started playing in July 2019. Come on, ZOS, we're all really wanting to get these (read: willing to pay) and it can't be much work to make them available, especially for something like Short Mussed Wave that was even on PTS at one point!

I totally agree with what you have said here. With next month being the Anniversary event & all, I'm crossing my fingers, but trying not to get my hopes up, that heroic poet will come back at least following up after casual rascal. To me, it makes so much sense to release that, as well as the bard personality to commemorate the songs of heroes for example, but we'll see what it holds. That hair, as well as short mussed wave & Velsa's/Veya's hair are the top 3 styles that I want.

It also just makes sense to release short mussed wave sometime this year as well, especially since that is a hairstyle which is very imperial-esque. Hopefully with the companions coming in Blackwood, we'll get it & more hairstyles soon so we don't have to keep staring at the one who does have it.
    Edited by JazzyNova on March 23, 2021 5:40PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay ZOS, now you're just trolling...
    qxK2CYe.png?1

Three random NPCs with that hairstyle? Come on...
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay ZOS, now you're just trolling...
    qxK2CYe.png?1

Three random NPCs with that hairstyle? Come on...

Oh for... fishsticks sake! This is getting ridiculous now with how many npcs and promo pictures that has the Short Mussed Wave. It's like they are rubbing it in our faces.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    With short mussed wave becoming much more prevalent than it has ever been, one can only hope that it alludes to the possibility that they maybe getting ready to release it soon. This hairstyle & Veya's hair especially since the latter is also starting to appear more.

I'm still hoping for Heroic Poet to come back as well, specifically during the anniversary event.
    Edited by JazzyNova on March 27, 2021 5:14PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So here's a thought:

We don't get new hairstyles frequently, but they have been making sure that all newer hairstyles are coming with all morphs: the newest style we got was the Seafarer's Crowning Trim (and matching beard), and that had versions for men/mer, Khajiit, and Argonians. The latest styles that got released from this list (Unruly Bangs and Misanthropic Lycanthrope) also had versions for all races as well, even though we don't see NPC Khajiit or Argonians wearing them (there may be one or two NPC Argonians with Unruly, but it definitely wasn't common enough to notice)

Now look at the few from this list that made it as far as the PTS: Short Mussed Wave, Warrior Topknots, and Portside Shave. Two are men/mer only and SMW also has a Khajiit version, but none have an Argonian version.

Do you think the thing keeping these from releasing is the lack of an Argonian morph? I know the older styles aren't getting fixed, and we've seen them (finally) rerelease styles like Adorable Assassin and Casual Rascal despite them not having an Argonian morph, but I wonder if this is one of the main factors that they're dragging their feet on this. Are they worried that Argonian players will start complaining that the styles aren't available to them or that they'll request refunds?

If so, can the art team just make Khajiit/Argonian versions for them? Or even use ones that already exist that also haven't released? I'm sure nobody would bat an eye if the Argonian-only 'Fluttering Forehead Feathers' just ended up becoming the Argonian version of Short Mussed Wave - we'd lose only the FFF flavor text, but that's only in the files so it wouldn't really be a loss to anyone, and then we'd start to get these styles released.

I just don't like the idea of not releasing anything else ever that they seem to be going with here. I know they got a lot of heat because people didn't like the gendered hairstyles from basegame, but the answer to "we'll make sure that all future styles are available for both genders" isn't "we'll never release hairstyles ever again." Especially when they already exist.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So that was a short stream, but it looked great.

But the whole time, they showed off Bastion the Companion running around with the player. With his unavailable hairstyle. And on top of that, he's wearing Ancestral Breton by default, which is also not even in the files.

RELEASE. THIS. STUFF! plz :'(
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    So that was a short stream, but it looked great.

But the whole time, they showed off Bastion the Companion running around with the player. With his unavailable hairstyle. And on top of that, he's wearing Ancestral Breton by default, which is also not even in the files.

RELEASE. THIS. STUFF! plz :'(

It is indeed frustrating to see Short Mussed Wave teased so much as of late honestly. I would be quite shocked if they didn't bring it out at all this year, same goes for a bring back of heroic poet.

Maybe perhaps with companions coming in Blackwood, the crown store for May or June will be more focused on costumes & cosmetic items like hairstyles, especially those that have never been released.
    Edited by JazzyNova on April 1, 2021 9:41PM
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you guys don't mind if I throw Zeira's haircut back into the ring:

1024px-ON-npc-Zeira.jpg

Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Grebcol
    Grebcol
    ✭✭✭
    The game is so in need for more hairstyles and beards. A Shame that they don't realese them. Would love to see Zeiras Hair for Woman & Men.
    Edited by Grebcol on April 18, 2021 9:44AM
    Former Mod Dev. of the Edain Mod for The Battle for Middle Earth 2
  • Fawlcha
    Fawlcha
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I have noticed a lot of hairstyles now that aren't in-game. Please! make the available to us.
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another datamine & still a no show of Velsa's hair. I am really disappointed & about to the point where I feel like they're never going to release this hairstyle & some of these other hairstyles that were never released. :(
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just a bit frustrated that we've got Basti coming as a companion and they made it so we can't put a helmet on him, so we all get to stare at his unavailable hairstyle the whole time. They shoved Short Mussed Wave on a bunch of Jester's Fest random NPCs, then Chef Donolon has it, and now this. That's more than a little annoying - ZOS can you either release this style finally or stop shoving it in our faces?

Not to mention that his Ancestral Breton armor has gone unmentioned, and that his tattoos are only in Crates (but at least those released), but he's just a walking "F You" for the people interested in the fashion endgame. And he's the good guy, so I'll have him out anyway, I'll just complain about him the whole time...

:(
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I would really like to see more hairstyles added to the crown store. It is getting a bit frustrating seeing all of these unavailable/unobtainable hairstyles on NPCs that we cannot use on our own characters in all honesty. There are several hairstyles that players have wanted for 3-5+ years now that have never been released or are yet to come out, myself included.

I am just hoping that the crown store will have more hairstyles available soon. :disappointed: