The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone have a good looking Nord character?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Having hardest time making one I like.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Male or female?

I think my female nord looks pretty good, bearing in mind my goal was to make a character who looks like she could be quite pretty if she took more care with her appearance, and she's a dragon knight so she's fairly well built for a girl.

kJUiYYYh.png?1

And when I've dressed her up a bit:
    DIapL4Zh.png?1

Her name is Ellinor, after her mother, but absolutely everyone calls her Ember instead...at least after the first time she 'corrects' them.
    Edited by Danikat on June 3, 2019 3:49PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can post a couple of pics tomorrow Tas. Not in game right now.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Orc.
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yLdrmcJ.jpg

"Nord Jesus"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ztpMkDk.jpg?1

44GgAKV.jpg?1

On the second one, the ice skin's in use because Stage 4 Vampirism isn't attractive... at least not to me.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think male Nords look goofy, even with the sharpest features, so I never did play one. Though I had a female Nord Warden once-upon-a-time, but deleted in favor of an Imperial. I think she looked alright though.

ppl7oRK.png
    Edited by Vermethys on June 2, 2019 11:14PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - one persons beauty is another persons beast.

Two of my first characters were Nords, a male and a female, and I think they both look fine. I'll try and post a pic later if I remember.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    I think male Nords look goofy, even with the sharpest features

You have to see it from a Nord's point of view, drunk.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I can post a couple of pics tomorrow Tas. Not in game right now.

Thanks 🤗
    Edited by Tasear on June 2, 2019 11:28PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s almost impossible. I’ve seen some that pass for Imperials and therefore look good.

Edit: here you go
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/475742/imperials-vs-nords/p1
    Edited by max_only on June 2, 2019 11:34PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only one Nord character, but Im happy with the way she looks.

kZonkJ0.jpg
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 :smile:
    Nords.png
    Edited by Leeched on June 3, 2019 12:22AM
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Anyone have a good looking Nord character?

Define "good looking" biggrin.gif

Thorwald Titanborn, Dragon Knight, founding member of the "Naked Nords":

post-2-1395871339.png
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    9fjGzYW.png
    XoXmbXU.png
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

So you prefer to play Dominion? XD
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fond of my Nordgonian (even if he's not very fond of people stepping into frame)

epWsIk3.jpg
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aesa.png
    Aesa, veteran of the Fighters Guild and proud Pact hero.
    Her favourite things are mead and bear-wrestling :wink:
  • MonarchMage
    MonarchMage
    ✭✭✭
    Naya, my Nordcro.

Ah6PIsO.png?1
    Edited by MonarchMage on June 3, 2019 2:39AM
  • DracoKaiser
    DracoKaiser
    ✭✭✭✭
    235-best-elder-scrolls-images-on-pinterest-elder-scrolls-wallpaper.jpg
    Gildenchef von Draco Imperia
    PvP-Raidleader
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I understand it more. Got go with more Vikings base look for them in design.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    235-best-elder-scrolls-images-on-pinterest-elder-scrolls-wallpaper.jpg

He’s a buthim face. A male butter face.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords seem more dependant on their oufits/makeup/etc to come across as intended. I'm not sure why. I might say the same about Argonians. They're perhaps less forgiving to work with.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    females you can easily make good looking, male are a bit harder - but think about it this way

Beautiy is about symetry

All the races are usually skewed towards either "heroic" (square), "the nice option" (round) or angular

And have some features skewed towards one of the extremes (for examples elves have larger eyes)

Making a character beautiful basically means turning that skweness down/back towards the center - therefore making the ethnic characteristic less pronnounced - for a nord this means, making the face less heroic/round and more angular.... making the jaw, chin, nose smaller....

If you start the process from thinking about how to counter the ethnic characteristics and what they are you can make any character more beautiful but at the same time lose a bit of ethnic identity
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on June 3, 2019 6:57PM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Svanhilde is good looking, I believe :)

c9AIpMh.jpg

h7SdXne.png?1

3mJPLkc.jpg
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We've had threads like this for Dunmer, Orcs, Redguards, and now Nords. A little surprised we haven't had a "How to make a pretty Argonian" thread yet. :p

....why did I say that. I know exactly what people are gonna reply now. :/
    Edited by ArchMikem on June 3, 2019 5:08AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am very pleased with how my two came out! I had to fiddle with mouth and chin height quite a bit to get rid of the Flinstones look on my Nord guy.

kaluthah.png

Trey.png
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

We've had threads like this for Dunmer, Orcs, Redguards, and now Nords. A little surprised we haven't had a "How to make a pretty Argonian" thread yet. :p

Yep. Not possible :*
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    females you can easily make good looking, male are a bit harder - but think about it this way

Beautiy is about symetry

All the races are usually skewed towards either "heroic" (square), "the nice option" (round) or angular

And have some features skewed towards one of the extremes (for examples elves have larges eyes)

Making a character beautiful besically means turning that skweness down/back towards the center - therefore making the ethnic characteristic less pronnounced - for a nord this means, making the face less heroic/round and more angular.... making the jaw, chin, nose smaller....

If you start the process from thinking about how to counter the ethnic characteristics and what they are you can make any character more beautiful but at the same time lose a bit of ethnic identity

Thanks for very interesting insight
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Actually already did one around when Morrowind came out. The insight helped me understand how to make truly stunning Argonians.
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    vPg3MGu.png

iFeKlru.png

Ja6zQS4.png
    Edited by delta_mystic on June 3, 2019 8:01AM
This discussion has been closed.