The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What do "you" consider Role Play?

• Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Recremen wrote: »
    If you consider your characters to have their own personalities, interests, motivations, and other such characteristics that would make them more than just a collection of pixels used to win the game, then I'd called that role playing. Anything beyond that is just varying degrees of RP decadence.

personaly, i'd have to agree with that. IMO roleplaying doesn't require interaction with other people, it only requires that when player is playing a character they are not thinking in terms of "what would I do in this situation" but rather "what would this particular character that i'm playing right now - would do in this situation"

that is not to dismiss that sometimes we base our characters on ourselves and IMO that is totally fine, but as long as they are still their own distinct characters that just happen to share their set of morals with a player - it still counts.

P.S. becasue thoughts occur to me in batches - roleplaying is essentially not unlike writing in real time, sometimes colaboratively, sometimes - on your own. its creative expression.

This is pretty much the way I look at Role Play.

How I start varies, sometimes it's with a stray thought, sometimes I want to do a specific quest ( or quest-line ). My longest played RP in Skyrim.. was on 360, so.. no mods, just my imagination..the story I wrote about Zyne? 69,480 words..So a short book...err or not so short depending on your reading habits!

Each of my characters has their own personality, it get's stronger as I get to know them better. Most of the time their back story comes in dribbles.. other times... I take one look at them in C.C. and know everything about them.

Personally, I don't think an RP has to be novella sized... It can be a set of rules that a build goes by. IN RDR I had a John that was a Gentleman Gambler.. and another who was a bounty hunter. Both were just a matter of clothes and actions.

I DO want to thank everyone very much for answering me.. I appreciate it very very much!

discussions are always welcome of course!
    Life is about the journey...cause it all ends the same