The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would anyone like Racial ultimates?

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I keep picturing:

-Argonians fiercly swiping their tails
-Khajiits pouncing on enemies
-Nords becoming larger and more angry
-Dunmer becoming engulfed in flames

Issues:
1. It would likely cross that "lore line" that many are firm on.
2. Many don't want to be restricted or forced into choosing the right race with the right ultimate.
3. Lack of interest or real feedback (I threw an idea out awhile back about Mundus ultimates but it didn't seem to spark any conversation: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/290205/mundus-stone-ultimates-idea#latest)
4. Lack of trust in developmental balance.
5. Some (could be many) of the player base would rather the racial system be purely cosmetic.
6. May not fit the vision that the developers have or is too late in the product's life to implement.
7. As @Araxleon pointed out, racial ultimates were already a "thing" (that may have been scrapped before?).

Thoughts?
Edited by brandonv516 on May 31, 2019 11:58PM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In theory, yes. In practice, I can already imagine the flood of whining posts on the forum about certain ultimates being OP and others being subpar.

I'm also not super confident in the devs abilities after the whole Incap silence debacle.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory, yes. In practice, I can already imagine the flood of whining posts on the forum about certain ultimates being OP and others being subpar.

I'm also not super confident in the devs abilities after the whole Incap silence debacle.

I have to agree with this.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would anyone like Racial ultimates?
    I would love it, although zos should release some kind of unarmed skill line for khajiits
    Edited by Vietfox on May 31, 2019 1:11AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks. Added that to the issues.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know about ultimates but I’d like some racial actives.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/471783/active-racial-ability-abilities

I don’t want to use my precious ultimate slot for a skill that, by necessity will have to be worse than the Soul skills (if they are going to have any balance they’re going to be weak)
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, no. No, no, no. Uh-uh. No.

I want them to go in the exact opposite direction with the races. Cosmetic and flavor only. No impact on combat in any way, shape, or form.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »

I want them to go in the exact opposite direction with the races. Cosmetic and flavor only. No impact on combat in any way, shape, or form.

^This.

I wish they'd just unlock the passives on everyone at this point.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect them to be more like toggles such as Overload, where you can turn them on or off at will.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had never thought of this. I've always wanted cat style vicious attacks on my Khajiits. This is an awesome idea!
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep picturing:

Issues:
    2. Many don't want to be restricted or forced into choosing the right race with the right ultimate.
    3. Lack of interest or real feedback (I threw an idea out awhile back about Mundus ultimates but didn't seem to spark any conversation: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/290205/mundus-stone-ultimates-idea#latest)

Thoughts?

Hahahahahahahahaha, that is so lore friendly, you must be a zos employee, lol.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can guarantee you that stamina races like Redguard will get awesome instant burst damage ultimates, while magicka races like Altmer will get wimpy AOE DOT ultimates... so NO, THANKS!

Not one more ***-damned thing needs to be added to this game until Magicka is buffed to equal Stamina!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^This.

Like everyone gets all of them or you pick and choose which ones?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for your opinion. I'll add it to the issues.
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭

D0PAMINE wrote: »

^This.

Too much of a balance issue if you unlock all of them, I have enough skill points I would take all of them. If we want no difference, just remove them entirely. If we want some difference but not combat, then remove anything pertaining to combat stats or combat utility.

IMO it’s in a fairly good state right now, differences are close enough it makes me feel like I wasted my time leveling alts in specific races for each class. Ex. I leveled a Dunmer DK for the fire damage bonus, but now it feels like it doesn’t matter so I just play my Imperial or Argonian instead.
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Racial perks of ANY kind are in fact RACIST
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Speciesist.

Interfertility has not been proven in some cases.

Either way, ZOS has been going out of their way to homogenize the “races”. Why would they now throw in a new aspect that they would have to eventually make as bland as everything else to satisfy the competitive content crowd?
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^This.

Synnastix wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

^This.

Too much of a balance issue if you unlock all of them, I have enough skill points I would take all of them. If we want no difference, just remove them entirely. If we want some difference but not combat, then remove anything pertaining to combat stats or combat utility.

IMO it’s in a fairly good state right now, differences are close enough it makes me feel like I wasted my time leveling alts in specific races for each class. Ex. I leveled a Dunmer DK for the fire damage bonus, but now it feels like it doesn’t matter so I just play my Imperial or Argonian instead.

Im fine with how it is. Was just asking them for clarity.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have Racial ultimates and even skills!
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep picturing:

Issues:
    3. Lack of interest or real feedback (I threw an idea out awhile back about Mundus ultimates but it didn't seem to spark any conversation: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/290205/mundus-stone-ultimates-idea#latest)
    5. Some (could be many) of the player base would rather the racial system be purely cosmetic.

Thoughts?

I would like them providing they were designed properly. This game could do with some more abilities. So I would prefer them to be a new branch of ultimate abilities that were super cheap to use yet more modest in scope so they could be applied regularly as additions to a player's primary rotation.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Speciesist.

Interfertility has not been proven in some cases.

Either way, ZOS has been going out of their way to homogenize the “races”. Why would they now throw in a new aspect that they would have to eventually make as bland as everything else to satisfy the competitive content crowd?

Thanks. I'll add this to the issues.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i-foresee-more-drama.jpg
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks, i know zos will give orcs and altmers major bersek for 1 minute, and give argonians a 300% swim speed ultimate
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit : Drink 1000 Skooma
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »
    Khajiit : Drink 1000 Skooma

Would be awesome if it had weird video effects on screen.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue would always be balance and further pigeonholing of races to certain builds.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    No thanks, i know zos will give orcs and altmers major bersek for 1 minute, and give argonians a 300% +3% swim speed ultimate

corrected for accuracy :wink:

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial ultimate? Sure.

Khajiit: Clean 30% of your current bounty.
    Orc: Reduce the cost in material of your next craft by 20%
    Breton: Increase your AP gain by 10% for the next 2 minutes.
    Argonian: Increase your alchemical material yields by 100% for 1 minute.
    Altmer: Increase your rune stone material yields by 100% for 1 minute.
    Bosmer: When out of combat, consume a body to gain exp.

Ok, no seriously. Don't.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Valenor
    Valenor
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a great addition. Bringing difference between races, if they can make every ultimate interesting.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id rather have additional future skill lines like bard, dawnguard etc....

What they could do is increase racial fluff for example by giving every race their unique memento / emote
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton have strong resistance to magic perhaps a ultimate that lets us take 50% less damage from spells and gives us some resources back depending on our builds.
This discussion has been closed.