The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REMOVE NECRO ARMOR BUFF PULL

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is ZERO reason for this to be in the game. theres ball zergs rolling around and u attack anyone u get pulled into it on cooldown. and you also get auto staggered point blank. this should never be allowed and zenimax should be ashamed of even thinking about putting this into the game. theres zero counterplay. you get pulled through walls, trees, rocks, keep doors, keep walls. i havent found anything you couldnt get pulled thru. REMOVE IT END OF DISCUSSION

CHANGE MY MIND

played for couple of hours in Kaal full cp cyro, encountered a couple necro.

being pulled to their zerg group is the least of my concern in open world pvp; because,

1. i can keep my distance when engaging.
    2. i expect a very high chance of dying when i jump in middle of zerg.
    3. always expect being crowd-controlled/gank at all times. yes, that includes being pulled.

Personally I'd give it a couple more months to see if there's enough necro in Cyro for this to be a real problem, or its just a new class hype. It'll probably get nerfed soon if it is anyway.

Whatever happens next though, don't screw up other class or abilities just to keep necro relevant.

ps: 2h/2h stamDK here. i don't do range.
    Edited by Davadin on May 29, 2019 8:53PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pull is just fine. It is just learn to play problem. Sure if you remove it remove teleport, hide, cap closeners and mistform too :D
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny they threw a monster helm 2piece bonus on an ARMOR BUFF.

It's absurd and I love it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't proc on DoTs and ignore LOS. Otherwise i don't mind the skill.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    It shouldn't proc on DoTs and ignore LOS. Otherwise i don't mind the skill.

If it didn't proc on DoTs or AoEs it would be useless as a tank pull in PvE, where most ranged mobs go through a rotation that contains like only one direct attack every 10" seconds.

And yeah, I know this is the PvP forum. But the skills are unchanged between game modes so one affects the other.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    Once again, pvp player has a problem with a useful skill for PVE.

You do realize that the Swarm Mother set does the exact same thing, and has been in the game for ages.

You do realize a 3 sec cooldown is too long to make it actually strong in pve and you’re going to still need silver leash, right?
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way. It's the best strategic skill ever. I can range and melee. Why? OP just cool your ***. You know that DKs can do the same thing manually right, with 10 times the shields?
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the skill, I do think though that it needs to be changed so we can't be pulled into keeps or through rocks, etc.
    I am a pvp healer who constanly has to deal with chains and leash. As Minno says Immovables an Mist Form, however buggy these may be they still help.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find it funny they threw a monster helm 2piece bonus on an ARMOR BUFF.

It's absurd and I love it.

Yea, the 2 piece bonus everyone uses in pvp too. Good thing it wasn’t something powerful like troll king, pirate smelly or blood spawn.

Maybe they should trade the Necro armour buff with the Templar one so things are more balanced.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.its fine. In fact its great for tanking.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen the skill but haven’t played yet (I’m ps4) and it does look broken af. I won’t mind it sometimes because all people do is sprint away in cyrodiil. Everyone avoids as much combat as possible so easy offense tick ap. Buuuut yeah seems really over powered like most skills
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got into Kaal on my magblade and eventually got pulled. The necromancer had his hands full, not from me, but others were there too.

How many players can it pull? Say, 5 ranged players attack the necromancer, will they all get pulled to him?

Will players get pulled vertically, such as from Bleakers porch to the upper part?

Sorry for the questions, I have not tried this skill yet. My necromancer is still very low level.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just from my testing on the PTS there are several reasons this is distinctly different than Chains, leash, or SwarmMother.

-There is a single cost for multiple pulls.
    -The pulls are passive from the point of the user so they take up no global CD allowing the user to continually spam offensive attacks.
    -The pulls trigger without respect to damage type or action taken by user.
    -The pulls trigger with 360 degree radius without the user having to target the person pulled.

Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    I play in Cyrodiil quite a bit on my MagDk.

Which means I'm always trying to get in melee.

Which means necros that run away from me are giving me free gap closers to hump their leg again. I don't even have to bother chasing, I just put dots on and wait. They'll pull me back to them.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly its a powerful ability, but also a learn to play thing on the part of the players attacking the necromancer. If you are ranged and don't recognize the visual animation yet, you should only get pulled once. From that point onwards when attacking that necromancer you press block after every skill + light attack just before they hit the necromancer and you will not get pulled. Profit.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh look. A thread demanding a nerf to a great PVE skill because PVP'ers cannot figure out how to fight it.

How original.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I finally got into Kaal on my magblade and eventually got pulled. The necromancer had his hands full, not from me, but others were there too.

How many players can it pull? Say, 5 ranged players attack the necromancer, will they all get pulled to him?

Will players get pulled vertically, such as from Bleakers porch to the upper part?

Sorry for the questions, I have not tried this skill yet. My necromancer is still very low level.

Once every 3 seconds and doesn't pull off keeps. Actually seems pretty unreliable at that.

Think people will only see necro tanks doing it, and large groups in pvp which at that point; you probably shouldn't be plunking ranged into them feeding them ultimate if you're not intent on engaging.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see a problem with it tbh.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably one of the most annoying skills in the game, but can be a double edged sword for the user, and isn't controllable like Silver Leash and Chains. I'd still be fine with all pulls being nerfed for PvP though, since in certain situations it's vastly more powerful than "regular" CC.

That said, this is way far down my list of Necromancer abilities that need some work done. Magicka Necromancer's offense is so atrociously awful that it's just...wow.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way it is NOT like Swarm Mother.

It doesn`t require holding block to do it. Which is a pretty big thing in PvP.

Make it work on block only, and it would be balanced.
    Edited by Thraben on June 2, 2019 6:16AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly prefer the other morph that gives better sustain and let you control the cc/pull
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skill is fine the way it is. It’s the responsibility of players to figure out how to deal with skills that make there build less effective.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, as a player using ranged attacks, you dont want any skill that can counter them. I understand.

What next, s&b reflect or dk wings? oh, wait....
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    By the way it is NOT like Swarm Mother.

It doesn`t require holding block to do it. Which is a pretty big thing in PvP.

Make it work on block only, and it would be balanced.

So long as they bring the CD down to 1" as well (like Swarm Mother) instead of 3", then I wouldn't object.
    EU | PC | AD
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    Ok let's get this straight is it a necromancer skill or is it a armor set buff skill whatever u call.that darn thing lol to tired to focus going to make coffee ...... If it is a skill what's it called if it's armor what set is it 😂😂😂
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny... Playing a magicka class w/o a gap closer, I'm usually really happy when this procs and pulls me closer to my target as they're trying desperately to hide behind some pillar.
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on October 7, 2021 2:10AM
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolveman wrote: »
    Ok let's get this straight is it a necromancer skill or is it a armor set buff skill whatever u call.that darn thing lol to tired to focus going to make coffee ...... If it is a skill what's it called if it's armor what set is it 😂😂😂

Just realized this is a really old "necro'd" post... I think you're probably thinking of the set Dark Convergence.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wolveman wrote: »

This may be a thread about necromancers, but please don’t necro threads in the future. Hope a mod closes this thread soon.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    Dude I being serious I don't play a necromancer so I'm.wad just asking
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off all, just roll dodge after.

Second of all, I've never ever been pulled through a door, wall or anything else. In fact when it tries to pull me through an obstacle, like a fence, it fails.

Everyone can see when someone has beckoning armor active. Play smarter. Stop trying to screw over others because you think it's "toxic" for a skill to work as intended.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
This discussion has been closed.