Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Combat Pet Options & Cosmetics

• TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I WOULD PAY ANYTHING TO CHANGE THE NETCH @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by TheNuminous1 on January 14, 2020 10:32AM
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP I TOTALLY agree with your post. Change and variety is needed in this game sorely when it comes to pets and summons.

Wardens. As far as the bear pet goes. Not sure why they never pushed for more skins considering they have a place holder for them where the gray bear sits currently. Having a Bear, Senche, or Wolf would be easy to implement since they already have Npc wardens using them in game now. There are even some dark elf npc's summoning those bug creatures as pets. That's 4 different ones right there. The netch too I agree must go. It's an eye sore.

Sorcerers. Currently sorcerers pets are bland looking. And have no variety. The devs backed them selves into a corner by limiting sorc pets to only using lighting. Not many daedric pets use lighting. Can you imagine summoning flame atronachs. Or conjuring up an ice or wind atronach as an intimate. Or better yet summoning a Dremora clad in daedric armor and wielding a two handed daedric sword to fight for you. That would be sick.

Necromancers. I have complained and complained about this from day one. Necromancers needed more summon options. Why can we not summon zombies, or a sword wielding skeleton. Change or give us the option to change the exploding skeleton into an exploding zombie. Something.

And lastly, let's get away from saying put the pet skins in the crown store. Why not just make them unlocked through achievements or certain quest. Would get more people involved in playing the zone quest and more away from leeching money from us. Just my 2 cents.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Michaelkeir totally agree
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would make pets interesting, its funny how fast ZoS forgot about pet customization after morrowind.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I
    WOULD
    PAY
    ANYTHING
    TO
    CHANGE
    THE
    FREAKING
    NEEEETTTTCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH

plsthx
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    I believe every class, but Templars, has summons. If they came up with models for each summons in the Crown Store, then I would also suggest they have a way to alter the appearance of all the skills in the game. Not just summons.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    NOTE: This post has been recently updated with more content so some of the discussion in this thread may be irrelevant.

I think this should be a given

Classes such as Sorcerer, Warden, and recently Necromancer who have summon-able combat pets should be given the option to change the appearance of their pets.

Give Sorcerers options for varying shades of Clannfears and the other Daedric creatures that aren't just Bright Violet Blue & maybe update their textures
    How about Unique Models for the Clannfear

Examples:
    Gutsripper model from the Mages Guild questline
    ON-creature-Gutsripper.jpg
    Armored Clannfear
    ON-creature-The_Devourer.jpg
    Shadowrend from the dungeon Banished Cells
    ON-creature-Shadowrend.jpg

Why not give Wardens varying options for the Bear Pet? Like a Snow Bear or a Lizard Bear? Why not Wolves or Big Cats?
    I could see a Khajiit Warden player preferring a Senche combat pet
    Lizard Bear
    bbee99a069976367a878cc8b117689ce.jpg

Snow Bear
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Feso.mmo-fashion.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F2%2F2015%2F12%2FSnow-Bear-Mount-Side-1.jpg&f=1

Necromancers could be given different skeleton options of man/mer, Argonian, and Khajiit

Allow players ways to tinker the class visually to suit/fit their character more

All of these various mount models could be re-used for Warden Pets

Warden Pet Options
    Unique Bears
    Bear-Lizard-Steed-Upgraded.jpg?w=761&ssl=1

Black-Bear-Side.jpg?w=990&ssl=1

Flame-Atronach-Bear-Side.jpg?w=887&ssl=1

Psijic-Bear-Exemplar-Side.jpg?w=938&ssl=1

Wild-Hunt-Bear-Mount-Side-1.jpg?w=906&ssl=1

Skeletal-Bear-Side.jpg?ssl=1

Storm-Atronach-Bear-Side.jpg?w=797&ssl=1

Unique Senche
    Senche-Lioness-Side.jpg

Flame-Atronach-Senche-Side.jpg?w=876&ssl=1

Green-Graht-Ghost-Cat-Side.jpg?w=939&ssl=1

Senche-Lizard-Steed-Side.jpg?w=707&ssl=1

Skeletal-Senche-Side.jpg?ssl=1

Wild-Hunt-Senche-Side-1.jpg?w=825&ssl=1

Unique Wolves
    Ice-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=1116&ssl=1

Gorne-Striped-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=1097&ssl=1

Cinder-Wolf.jpg?ssl=1

Cold-Flame-Atronach-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=922&ssl=1

Gloam-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=708&ssl=1

Wolf-Lizard-Steed-Side.jpg?w=697&ssl=1

Venomous-Wolf-Lizard-Side.jpg?w=707&ssl=1

Wild-Hunt-Wolf-Mount-Side-2.jpg?w=829&ssl=1

I smashed the agree button way before finishing reading the post.

It is long, waay past due, that ESO allowed players to customise their pets and their mounts. Not just the skins, but the colours (within reason). This is the only way to achieve a functioning, efficient way to create the full aesthetics of your character.

For instance re mounts, just now if you are one that places importance on aesthetics, we need to either pick a mount that fits our character or vice versa. That should not be the case.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Grianasteri
    I agree I think non-combat Pets & Mounts should be integrated into the Outfit system.
    That way when I switch outfits it can switch the pet & mount that I decided to go with my outfit.

Example:
    My Argonian templar has two outfits, both use different pets & mounts to better match the customized armor and it would be more convenient to just have a pet & mount slot
    - Sun Priest
    - Dragon Slayer

When it comes to customizing mounts I think colors is fine but in my opinion, like costumes, the current system allows ZOS to make uniquely themed mounts like the Scalecaller horse, Nightmare, Skeletal, Atronach, Dwemer, etc.
    So like you said; color options within reason sounds fine.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grianasteri
    I agree I think non-combat Pets & Mounts should be integrated into the Outfit system.
    That way when I switch outfits it can switch the pet & mount that I decided to go with my outfit.

Example:
    My Argonian templar has two outfits, both use different pets & mounts to better match the customized armor and it would be more convenient to just have a pet & mount slot
    - Sun Priest
    - Dragon Slayer

When it comes to customizing mounts I think colors is fine but in my opinion, like costumes, the current system allows ZOS to make uniquely themed mounts like the Scalecaller horse, Nightmare, Skeletal, Atronach, Dwemer, etc.
    So like you said; color options within reason sounds fine.

Exactly. I outlined this idea briefly in another thread. The outfit station should have a section for mounts, and for pets. Simple.
  • gabijoe21
    gabijoe21
    I believe every class, but Templars, has summons. If they came up with models for each summons in the Crown Store, then I would also suggest they have a way to alter the appearance of all the skills in the game. Not just summons.

I don't think my dragonknight can summon. I wish they could though that would be awesome!
    Xbox NA | Dragonknight | Daggerfall Covenant
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All bear-skeleton mounts should come with their respective skin being usable on the warden bear, same goes for any applicable same-skeleton pet or mount with crossover on summonable creatures. The crown store is plenty bloated with reused and recolored assets as it is, ZOS could do this with minimal effort. :/
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magma Scamp I think players who used the Bloodroot forge skin would love this for a combat skin option
    40cc1c32c42c6ee0df883850b1df4bf4.jpg
  • themotherconfessor25
    When the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear skin came out with the morrowind pre-order, I really thought they were doing something there. But nothing else has happened since. :(
    IGN: GlitterGirl25
    Twitter

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unique Daedric Creatures for Sorc to summon

Banekin
    ON-creature-Banekin.jpg

Unique Twilight options like -
    A Small Daedric Watcher?
    ON-creature-Watcher.jpg
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unique Daedric Creatures for Sorc to summon

Banekin
    ON-creature-Banekin.jpg

Unique Twilight options like -
    A Small Daedric Watcher?
    ON-creature-Watcher.jpg

Smaller and way better looking, nice!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP updated
    Warden Combat Pet Option Previews were updated to be more in line with the Warden class theme.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am absolutely shocked they haven't done this a long time ago. It's a no brainer that would make them lots of money and probably not that hard for them to do. I want my bear to be a dire wolf like the ones in that one were ww dungeon.
    Edited by Brandathorbel on January 25, 2020 4:43PM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pocket-Watcher-Front.jpg

Watcher is already a non-combat pet
    don't see a reason they couldn't be a replacement for the Twilight
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DIa2k7n.png

recently made an Argonian Warden - would look better if I could have a Frost Atronach Bear skin or Bear-Lizard skin.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man, i'll cry if this ever gets updated in the game... amazing post. Really good looking clanfears
    Edited by francesinhalover on January 15, 2022 4:14PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

As this thread was originally created in May 2019, we decided to close it down. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.