Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Combat Pet Options & Cosmetics

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
NOTE: This post has been recently updated with more content so some of the discussion in this thread may be irrelevant.

I think this should be a given

Classes such as Sorcerer, Warden, and recently Necromancer who have summon-able combat pets should be given the option to change the appearance of their pets.

Give Sorcerers options for varying shades of Clannfears and the other Daedric creatures that aren't just Bright Violet Blue & maybe update their textures
How about Unique Models for the Clannfear

Clannfear Examples:
Gutsripper model from the Mages Guild questline
ON-creature-Gutsripper.jpg
Armored Clannfear
ON-creature-The_Devourer.jpg
Shadowrend from the dungeon Banished Cells
ON-creature-Shadowrend.jpg

How about unique Scamps?
Magma Scamp I think players who used the Bloodroot forge skin would love this for a combat skin option
40cc1c32c42c6ee0df883850b1df4bf4.jpg

Banekin
ON-creature-Banekin.jpg

Unique Twilight options like -
A Small Daedric Watcher?
ON-creature-Watcher.jpg

Allow players ways to tinker the class visually to suit/fit their character more

Necromancers could be given different skeleton options of man/mer, Argonian, and Khajiit

Why not give Wardens varying options for the Bear Pet? Like a Snow Bear or a Lizard Bear? Why not Wolves or Big Cats?
I could see a Khajiit Warden player preferring a Senche combat pet

Many of the various mount models could be re-used for Warden Pets

Warden Combat Pet Options

Unique Bears
?u=https%3A%2F%2Feso.mmo-fashion.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F2%2F2015%2F12%2FSnow-Bear-Mount-Side-1.jpg&f=1

Bear-Lizard-Steed-Upgraded.jpg?w=761&ssl=1

Black-Bear-Side.jpg?w=990&ssl=1

Wild-Hunt-Bear-Mount-Side-1.jpg?w=906&ssl=1

Badger-Bear-Side.jpg

Graysmoke-Forge-Bear-Side.jpg

Sweetroll-Grizzly-Side.jpg

Frost-Atronach-Bear-Side.jpg

Unique Senche
Chilling-Senche-Lizard-Side.jpg

Black-Senche-Panther-Side.jpg

Black-Senche-Lion-Side-1.jpg

Frost-Atronach-Senche-Side.jpg

Sabre-Cat-Side-1.jpg

Sabre-Cat-Frost-Atronach-Side.jpg

Senche-Lizard-Steed-Side.jpg?w=707&ssl=1

Wild-Hunt-Senche-Side-1.jpg?w=825&ssl=1

Unique Wolves
Ice-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=1116&ssl=1

Gorne-Striped-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=1097&ssl=1

Wolf-Lizard-Steed-Side.jpg?w=697&ssl=1

Venomous-Wolf-Lizard-Side.jpg?w=707&ssl=1

Wild-Hunt-Wolf-Mount-Side-2.jpg?w=829&ssl=1

Scorched-Alley-Howler-Side.jpg

Red-Pit-Wolf-Side.jpg

Painted-Wolf-Side.jpg

Oak-Ember-Forge-Wolf-Side.jpg

Frost-Atronach-Wolf-Side.jpg

Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 15, 2022 5:02PM
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

Classes such as Sorcerer, Warden, and recently Necromancer who have summon-able combat pets should be given the option to change the appearance of their pets.
    Nothing drastic but visual changes here and there.
    Give Sorcerers options for varying shades of Clannfears and other Daedric creatures that aren't just Bright Violet Blue & maybe update their textures
    Why not give Wardens varying options for the Bear Pet? Like a Snow Bear or a Lizard Bear? Why not Wolves or Big Cats?
    Lizard Bear
    bbee99a069976367a878cc8b117689ce.jpg

Snow Bear
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Feso.mmo-fashion.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F2%2F2015%2F12%2FSnow-Bear-Mount-Side-1.jpg&f=1

Necromancers could be given different skeleton options of man/mer, Argonian, and Khajiit

Allow players ways to tinker the class visually to suit/fir their character more

This would be so cool, but also with the new necromancer, we could have changes to skeletal mage's appearance so that it matches whatever motif we're wearing. I'd pay crowns for that!
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosmetic changes for pets is long overdue. Textures for sorc summons are just awful, and it would be nice to be able to replace the obnoxious, in-your-face twilight with something smaller or something that doesn't even fly. There's lots of different daedric creatures.

Also feels like they dropped the ball when it came to warden bear. They release Morrowind with an entire section in your collections dedicated to different 'skins' for your bear...
    ...And they only have one. The grey one. Where's the different animal skins, or even, if you want to be boring and low-effort, at least other colors of bears?

I keep hoping something will pop up in the crownstore, it seems like a no-brainer, but nothing yet.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Hyperion616
    Hyperion616
    ✭✭✭

Nothing drastic but visual changes here and there.
    Give Sorcerers options for varying shades of Clannfears and other Daedric creatures that aren't just Bright Violet Blue & maybe update their textures
    Lizard Bear

Snow Bear

Allow players ways to tinker the class visually to suit/fit their character more

I would really love to have some way to pick another pet for my warden other than the bear. Like a Wolf, Tiger, or hell even a Bird of Prey.
    I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.

~Edith Sitwell

• SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    I keep hoping something will pop up in the crownstore, it seems like a no-brainer, but nothing yet.

Another dozen threads "Zo$ Locks Stuff Behind a PayWall!!!111" will be incoming. But I absolutely want that, for any summons by any class. Not just the ones listed here, but my scarecrow-themed character would have a better shade option than just a guy with a hood if I could change it.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I would like to see the Wardens other Animal Companion skills changeable to different animals rather than Vvardenfell themed. The Bear doesnt match, Cliff Racers, Scorch Beetles, and Netches.

But if they released packs that changed the appearance of animal themed skills would be great, I would love a Wild Hunt theme for my Wardens.
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Added to the OP
    All of these various mount models could be re-used for Warden Pets

Unique Bears
    Flame-Atronach-Bear-Side.jpg?w=887&ssl=1

Psijic-Bear-Exemplar-Side.jpg?w=938&ssl=1

Bear-Lizard-Steed-Upgraded.jpg?w=761&ssl=1

Black-Bear-Side.jpg?w=990&ssl=1

Wild-Hunt-Bear-Mount-Side-1.jpg?w=906&ssl=1

Skeletal-Bear-Side.jpg?ssl=1

Storm-Atronach-Bear-Side.jpg?w=797&ssl=1

Unique Senche
    Flame-Atronach-Senche-Side.jpg?w=876&ssl=1

Green-Graht-Ghost-Cat-Side.jpg?w=939&ssl=1

Senche-Lizard-Steed-Side.jpg?w=707&ssl=1

Skeletal-Senche-Side.jpg?ssl=1

Wild-Hunt-Senche-Side-1.jpg?w=825&ssl=1

Unique Wolves
    Ice-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=1116&ssl=1

Gorne-Striped-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=1097&ssl=1

Cinder-Wolf.jpg?ssl=1

Cold-Flame-Atronach-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=922&ssl=1

Gloam-Wolf-Side.jpg?w=708&ssl=1

Wolf-Lizard-Steed-Side.jpg?w=697&ssl=1

Venomous-Wolf-Lizard-Side.jpg?w=707&ssl=1

Wild-Hunt-Wolf-Mount-Side-2.jpg?w=829&ssl=1

Edited by Iccotak on May 27, 2019 11:47PM
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have an indrik instead of the bear and an ancestor moth instead of the jellyfish.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear, wolf, senche and even snake are temporary companions for quests so they already have all the animations. It really would be like printing money if they released some skins.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out that enemies that summon animals (like the Warden) in overland PvE content summon different animals
    some summon bears - others summon tigers, lions, wolves, etc

where is that for the players?
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want to either have a lizard (or wild hunt) Senche, Bear, Wolf or Guar... mainly a guar for me Argonian warden. Maybe a Terror Bird option.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the ability to dye our mounts gear.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be totally awesome if there were different animals that we could summon as a warden — perhaps different morphs (and we’d need far more than two!) with different abilities! I’d love to see wolves, tigers, spiders and other animals! :) As it is, I’m not such a fan of bears, so I’m aiming for some not-meta frost- and forest-magic fun with my warden, but more options would be welcome!

As for sorcerers, personally, I really don’t like that a whole third of the class skills is summoning daedra! It’s okay to have that as an option, but feels to me like it should come with serious risks and be as illegal as many necromantic abilities. I would rather summon more alignment neutral creatures, elementals perhaps.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    It would be totally awesome if there were spiders and other animals! I rather summon more spiders. SPIDERS!

fix'ed + Spider Mounts (Not clockwork ones)!

dims?quality=85&image_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogcdn.com%2Fmassively.joystiq.com%2Fmedia%2F2008%2F04%2Fdarkelvenmount.jpg&client=amp-blogside-v2&signature=55dfbb18961a9714deafa520e72a44685e7a512e
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would like to make an Argonian Warden but I want stuff that matches it like a Lizard-Bear skin for the Combat Pet

LIZARD-BEAR imagine it as a summonable pet

Also hoping the Xanmeer crates become available again because I want to get my hand on the Chilled Senche-Lizard.

Chilled Senche-Lizard the perfect mount for an Argonian Warden character
    latest?cb=20190610204204
    Edited by Iccotak on January 12, 2020 10:17PM
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also make NB's Shadow look like a player model, not some random guy in a generic armor.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Variety would be cool but I would be happy if my blastbones didn't stand in place against certain enemies. Blastbones keeps necro a very wonky class to play.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coincidentally I was thinking about this earlier today.
    What if for Necromancer the appearance of your summons would change depending on the zone you are in? Think about it, a Necromancer usually doesn't bring their dead along across the country but specifically goes where there are dead to be risen.

What if Warden pets were defaulted to being matched to the race you picked. That way it would truly be animal companions who you are friends with and taking with you everywhere. But then there should also be the option to go the route of always having local fauna come to your aid. The less restriction the better.

For Sorc's it's a bit more difficult I think. Having more variety would be great of course, but a Winged-Twilight is a Winged-Twilight and a Spiderdaedra would not heal you, nor would a Dremora pounce on you like the Clanfear. The skills need to be easily recognizable as what they are. The fire-and-forget pets from the Warden don't have these issues. Their purple colour is also probably intended to make them stand out and not be confused by regular Clanfears or Twilights you can encounter in IC for example, so everyone always knows which belong to the Sorc and which don't. Perhaps a rework of that skill line would be better than adding options for a suboptimal set of skills...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal
    Or just let the player choose the appearance from Crown store skins.

it is a b2p mmo and we are talking basic level customization choices, Not a complete rework of the system
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my Sorc pets to be smaller.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d easily pay 2000 crowns to have a sabercat instead of a bear and a torchbug instead of the netch
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay anything to change the netch
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal
    Or just let the player choose the appearance from Crown store skins.

it is a b2p mmo and we are talking basic level customization choices, Not a complete rework of the system

In your OP you are suggesting different creatures which is beyond basic level customization of changing colors. How much of a reword that would require is something the two of us do not actually know and many choices of creatures would really not make sense.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk

Three different creatures with different skins for them.
    Bears, Wolves, Senche

Bear pets have 1-3 attacks that any NPC bear uses. Bite, Swipe, and Pounce (ultimate attack).
    so the same rule would apply to the Wolves & Senche. Just - bite, swipe, and pounce

No stat change - it would be purely cosmetic

@Ratzkifal is making it needlessly complicated. Keep it simple
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay crowns to be able to change the skins of my sorc pets.

Not concerned about the ult, but i would like to change the appearance of the permanent pets.

I would love if i could make the twilight look like a blue/white version of the flame atronach.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Three different creatures with different skins for them.
    Bears, Wolves, Senche

Bear pets have 1-3 attacks that any NPC bear uses. Bite, Swipe, and Pounce (ultimate attack).
    so the same rule would apply to the Wolves & Senche. Just - bite, swipe, and pounce

No stat change - it would be purely cosmetic

Sadly you present such a simplistic example to try to disapprove me yet ignore the sorc pets you specifically mention in the OP. Do not tag me with such a facile response.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk I never said change the Sorc pets to completely different creatures

I said update textures of sorc pets because they are outdated and give them optional colors to choose from that would still make them easily identifiable as player pets.
    Others here are saying change the creatures.

For Necromancers I just said give players the choose what type of skeleton they want their abilities to summon. Men/Mer, Khajiit, Argonian, or Randomized.

I already explained what I want for the Warden Bear pet
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never said change the Sorc pets to completely different creatures

I said update textures of sorc pets because they are outdated and give them optional colors to choose from that would still make them easily identifiable as player pets.
    Others here are saying change the creatures.
    . . . [snip] . . .

I really suggest reading the OP once more as you specifically suggest other daedric creatures. Your words.

I will add, please do not tag me with such blatant contradictions.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk

typo in the OP, oh no my bad - mistakes do happen ol' chap

proper grammar correction (which will be edited & updated) is:

"Give Sorcerers options for varying shades of Clannfears and the other Daedric creatures that aren't just Bright Violet Blue & maybe update their textures"
    Edited by Iccotak on January 13, 2020 6:46AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

typo in the OP, oh no my bad

proper grammar correction (which will be edited & updated) is:

"Give Sorcerers options for varying shades of Clannfears and the other Daedric creatures that aren't just Bright Violet Blue & maybe update their textures"

That is an odd typo.

So I am guessing you are suggesting the Sorc creatures should remain as they are and merely have a choice of colors.

That is in contrast to what you are suggesting for the Warden. That means you have actually made the case that Zos should not offer different looking animals for the Warden since that would just lead to players asking for different creatures for the Sorc.

Different shades are one thing. Different creatures are a slippery slope that Zos would be wise to avoid. BTW, no need to tag me. All you have done is provided support for the first statement I made.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Different shades are one thing. Different creatures are a slippery slope that Zos would be wise to avoid.

I agree, still want to be able to summon a fire atro though...

9f2.gif
    Edited by LordGavus on January 13, 2020 7:02AM
This discussion has been closed.