Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Combat Pet Options & Cosmetics

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are getting some updates soon. Maybe this will be one of them.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681

Q2 2020: Update 26

Server optimization & stability
    Pets – We are going to rewrite how pets are handled to be more performant (work better, more efficiently, and take up less overhead/resources on the server.) This work is ongoing and on track to release with Update 26.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk

The Warden and the Sorcerer are two different cases

For Wardens I am suggesting to let players change a 4 legged predator animal to a different 4 legged predator animal that does the exact same thing.
    Why? Because ZOS has already done this by adding a "Wild Guardian" skin for the Bear pet and all I am saying is that they should expand on that already existing system.
    Have I suggested that they change the other animals in the Warden skill set; such as the Netch? No - we are strictly talking about the Ultimate summonable pet.

In the case of the Sorcerer: Can you point another daedric creature that behaves the same as the Twilight, Scamp, or Clannfear? I am not aware of any in the game or lore. Those creatures fit that specific role. Same goes for the Warden Netch.

Meanwhile saying that Wardens should have interchangeable Ultimate summonable animals that would all be 4 legged carnivorous creatures is far more feasible and works with what is already there. Now unique looking twilights, scamps, and Clannfears is fairly reasonable. Same animations, different skins.
    Edited by Iccotak on January 14, 2020 12:42AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pets – We are going to rewrite how pets are handled to be more performant (work better, more efficiently, and take up less overhead/resources on the server.) This work is ongoing and on track to release with Update 26.

That is performance related. It does not suggest even in the slightest appearance choices will be provided as a result.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    For Wardens I am suggesting to let players change a 4 legged predator animal to a different 4 legged predator animal that does the exact same thing.
    Why? Because ZOS has already done this by adding a "Wild Guardian" skin for the Bear pet and all I am saying is that they should expand on that already existing system.

The mere fact you have to make an inaccurate statement to support your claim speaks volumes. It is almost like you are working hard to twist things to fit your argument.

The Wild Guardian is merely a color change. That is plainly obvious. It is not changing the bear to a different 4 legged predator animal as you are suggesting.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice ideas. I’m all for them as long as they’re not just Crown Store money suckers.

Providing additional skins for the Warden bear would seem to be relatively easy given there already is a collectible skin for it. I don’t see why this couldn’t be a class related award for some kind of achievement.

And yes, please reinvent the bloody sorc pets. And while you’re at it, give us a key command to make them go away.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

The mere fact you have to make an inaccurate statement to support your claim speaks volumes. It is almost like you are working hard to twist things to fit your argument.

The Wild Guardian is merely a color change. That is plainly obvious. It is not changing the bear to a different 4 legged predator animal as you are suggesting.

@idk
    1. By that reasoning ZOS could still add the other bear skins. They all use the exact same animations.
    2. I still see no reason they couldn't add the other creatures that behaviorally do the exact same things. Bite, Swipe, and Pounce. None of them would provide an advantage over the other and it's really not that controversial to say that they are all interchangeable in terms of combat ability

Collection -> Class Pet skins -> Bear, Wolf, Senche -> take your pick

It's not unreasonable to be like @Tigerseye who just wants a regular Tiger instead of a Bear. (especially when considering that enemy human NPCs based on the Warden summon bears, senche, or wolves)

Can you think of any Daedric creatures that could be interchanged with the ones in the Sorcerer skill set? Any that behave almost just like the clannfear or twilight?

Now giving them unique looking versions of them is not a bad idea.
    Examples:
    Gutsripper model from the Mages Guild questline
    ON-creature-Gutsripper.jpg
    Armored Clannfear
    ON-creature-The_Devourer.jpg
    Shadowrend from the dungeon Banished Cells
    ON-creature-Shadowrend.jpg

side note: you have no reason to be acting this way, it is a forum for an MMO. Chill Out
    eso-morrowind-the-warden.gif
    Edited by Iccotak on January 13, 2020 7:48AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is an odd typo.

Leaving out the word "the" is not odd.

In fact, it's a pretty common mistake.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is performance related. It does not suggest even in the slightest appearance choices will be provided as a result.

True, but we are all ever hopeful... :smiley:
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    Also make NB's Shadow look like a player model, not some random guy in a generic armor.

Agreed! And it seems to me that it should be silent, or it would at least make it feel less weird that my female NB summons a random guy shade!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

As max_only already mentioned, they already have the animations for Senche Tigers and Wolves, because there is a quest that gives them as temporary combat pet options.

Edited by Tigerseye on January 13, 2020 7:58AM
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would PAY ANYTHING to change the netch. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by TheNuminous1 on January 13, 2020 7:57AM
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    Also make NB's Shadow look like a player model, not some random guy in a generic armor.

Agreed! And it seems to me that it should be silent, or it would at least make it feel less weird that my female NB summons a random guy shade!

It would be not as bad if the shade's outfit were somewhat cool looking, but it wears barbaric style for some reason.
    Like... why?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

As max_only already mentioned, they already have the animations for Senche Tigers and Wolves, because there is a quest that gives them as temporary combat pet options.

What you quoted does not even to suggest otherwise. You might want to go back, read what that is in reply to and what you edited out.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want a Yaghra Spewer skin for the warden ulti B)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordGavus wrote: »

Different shades are one thing. Different creatures are a slippery slope that Zos would be wise to avoid.

I agree, still want to be able to summon a fire atro though...

9f2.gif

Spellcrafting had that.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. By that reasoning ZOS could still add the other bear skins. They all use the exact same animations.
    2. I still see no reason they couldn't add the other creatures that behaviorally do the exact same things. Bite, Swipe, and Pounce. None of them would provide an advantage over the other and it's really not that controversial to say that they are all interchangeable in terms of combat ability

Collection -> Class Pet skins -> Bear, Wolf, Senche -> take your pick

It's not unreasonable to be like @Tigerseye who just wants a regular Tiger instead of a Bear. (especially when considering that enemy human NPCs based on the Warden summon bears, senche, or wolves)

Can you think of any Daedric creatures that could be interchanged with the ones in the Sorcerer skill set? Any that behave almost just like the clannfear or twilight?

I am beginning to think you do not actually read what I have said or just choose to ignore my previous comments. I really think you are just trying to gaslight me since it is so obvious.

I will spell out the related comment to which you had to make the false statement that the Wild Guardian skin (which is nothing more than a color change) is the same as a skin changing the bear to a completely different animal. That is so obviously not the same and having similar animations is irrelevant. It would make sense for Zos to add color change skins as an option as they change nothing.

So the related comment is it would be a dumb business decision to offer the Warden skins to change the bear into different types of animals regardless of how similar they are in animations if they cannot offer skins of different types of summons for the sorc that can reasonably have the same animations of the current sorc pets. It would be reasonable for players to say Zos needs to treat sorcs fairly and not give Paid classes favored treatment regardless that it is more challenging to find different summon skins for their pets. The fact you even ask if I can think of any different types of summons for the Sorc makes clear you cannot think of any that would have similar animations to the current pets.

I have not said anything about TIgerseye so I do not know why you are trying to make this about him other than maybe to put words in my mouth.

The fact you keep tagging makes me think you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Ignoring previous comments to twist your argument seems to support that as well.
    Edited by idk on January 13, 2020 2:18PM
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has been asked for many times and you are right, it should be a thing.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would LOVE to have a wolf for eternal guardian! :D An arthropod-type creature would also be cool to fit the Morrowind theme of the other animal skills, but I have how much work that would be to implement.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk

If this debate is bothering you so much to the point that you are accusing me of gaslighting you (which is silly) then perhaps you should just drop the conversation. The only person getting mad here is you.
    You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Now...

In my opinion, the Warden should have had the basic options of; Bear, Senche, or Wolf at the start.
    This is something players have been asking for a while. Hence why I pointed to @Tigerseye, who commented that they just want to be able to have a Tiger instead of a Bear. Which I think is reasonable.
    A Wolf or a Tiger could reasonably do the same job as the Bear because mechanically all of them do the exact same thing.
    But even if ZOS doesn't do that - they should still do the bare minimum and add other bear skins to allow player customization. Like the Black bear, Polar Bear, and Lizard-Bear because all of those creatures use the exact same animations and they exist in the game.
    The fact you even ask if I can think of any different types of summons for the Sorc makes clear you cannot think of any that would have similar animations to the current pets.
    Well I did say that I cannot think of any Daedric creatures that would fit in the same spot as the ones in the current Sorcerer arsenal. Just as I pointed out that I don't see other creatures that could replace ones in the rest of the Warden arsenal. Which is why I asked you - because we are both contributing to the discussion.
    but here, take a look at the list of Daedra in the game and tell what you think would be reasonable for Sorc pets: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Daedra

Or what kind of customization options ZOS could do for the Sorcerer.

In the case of the Sorcerer I cannot think of any daedra that could fit the role of the Twilight, Scamp, or Clannfear. (maybe a Banekin option for the Scamp?) Which is why I offered a compromise of unique skins for those pets. Maybe ZOS could make a "Crow" version of the Winged Twilight, scamp, & Clannfear.
    There are dozens of unique skin sets ZOS could make for the Sorcerer pets.

All in all, this would be a great business decision because both Sorcerers and Wardens get customization options that allow them to tailor their pet appearance to their character.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

If this debate is bothering you so much to the point that you are accusing me of gaslighting you (which is silly) then perhaps you should just drop the conversation. The only person getting mad here is you.

LOL. A petty issue like this is nothing to get mad about.

So you are not gaslighting me. Great to hear. Unfortunately that means you are just plain forgetting what we have already discussed in this thread which explains a lot concerning your replies to me. It is the only explanation for your last reply as it completely ignored what I had said before as though my previous comments did not exists. So not mad. Just seemed like you had not read the previous posts even tough you had replied to them.

And again, it is great you have your opinion. You are permitted to have that and no one can take that away from you.

Regardless of our differing core thoughts, with the time that has elapsed since the Warden has been released and no additional skins have been provided it would Zos does not see skins that change the type of pet as being such a good idea and we have not really provided them any reasoning to change their mind with this thread. I do not see a reason to restate what I already said.

Relax and enjoy the game. Cheers.
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the main reason ZOS didn't keep adding skins for classes (other than the bear) is because the other classes would have to be left out.

No love for other classes? Would be unfair imho.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk
    to each their own
    My last reply was to re-iterate my point to show that it is not a complicated or controversial idea and explain the reasons as to why I think it is a reasonable request while taking your concerns about the Sorcerer class into consideration.

So far I think I have been a reasonable person so a word of advice: Stay on the topic at hand.
    Don't go making assumptions about others. If you don't want people to get the impression that you are mad or getting overly agitated; then perhaps don't insult their character and/or accuse them of gaslighting you.
    Just_A_Thought_1_Logo.jpg

Like I have said previously - feel free to offer any sorcerer pet options - we are all contributing to the discussion.
    I think to not give a class that can summon a permanent companion no options for appearance change is a mistake and is something ZOS should look into. There are clearly better alternatives to a system where a Warden player can only use a Bear.
    I think we can agree on that. Perhaps there is a solution.

• Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the case of the Sorcerer: Can you point another daedric creature that behaves the same as the Twilight, Scamp, or Clannfear? I am not aware of any in the game or lore. Those creatures fit that specific role. Same goes for the Warden Netch.

Meanwhile saying that Wardens should have interchangeable Ultimate summonable animals that would all be 4 legged carnivorous creatures is far more feasible and works with what is already there. Now unique looking twilights, scamps, and Clannfears is fairly reasonable. Same animations, different skins.

1. The Harpy Bird Ladies Behave almost identically to the Twilight, not that I want that but just saying...
    2. I want a Stag in place of Warden Bear!
    3. :p
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What you quoted does not even to suggest otherwise. You might want to go back, read what that is in reply to and what you edited out.

I didn't suggest it did.

I was just trying to reassure you that it wouldn't be a big deal for ZOS to introduce either Senche, or Wolf, pets.

As the entire idea of different skins for pets appears to be distressing you.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @idk

LOL. A petty issue like this is nothing to get mad about.

So you are not gaslighting me. Great to hear. Unfortunately that means you are just plain forgetting what we have already discussed in this thread which explains a lot concerning your replies to me. It is the only explanation for your last reply as it completely ignored what I had said before as though my previous comments did not exists. So not mad. Just seemed like you had not read the previous posts even tough you had replied to them.

And again, it is great you have your opinion. You are permitted to have that and no one can take that away from you.

Regardless of our differing core thoughts, with the time that has elapsed since the Warden has been released and no additional skins have been provided it would Zos does not see skins that change the type of pet as being such a good idea and we have not really provided them any reasoning to change their mind with this thread. I do not see a reason to restate what I already said.

Relax and enjoy the game. Cheers.

Don't be surprised if, when they bring in different skins, people are reminding you of this post.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inval1d wrote: »
    I think the main reason ZOS didn't keep adding skins for classes (other than the bear) is because the other classes would have to be left out.

Except every single other game with a hunter/ranger/warden type class in it, that I have ever played; a) launched with the class already in place (as ESO was promising to, but didn't!) and b) provided a means of obtaining a multitude of different animals as pets, from the start.

So, it is not "adding" something, it is finally providing something that should have been a fundamental part of the class from the very start.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Radiance
    And that is a fair suggestion, personally I was sticking with Daedric creatures but I don't really see a problem with a Harpy skin for the Winged Twilight - especially when a suggestion of mine was a Spriggan Bear skin

Understandable request for a Stag;
    The desire for a stag companion has been around since the Warden came out - it could have an indrik skin option too
    Since it isn't a carnivore it would have somewhat different attacks to the Bear, Senche, & Wolf but it would still have the basic 2-3 different types of attacks.
    EDIT: When I said "different attacks" I meant the animations for the attacks

Also Don't mess with Deer
    Edited by Iccotak on January 14, 2020 1:16AM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Understandable request for a Stag;
    The desire for a stag companion has been around since the Warden came out - it could have an indrik skin option too
    Since it isn't a carnivore it would have somewhat different attacks to the Bear, Senche, & Wolf but it would still have the basic 2-3 different types of attacks.

I don't think the attacks would have to change, just the animations. The Bear Ulti Skill that makes it lift and swipe could be done just as well with the Stag Lift and Gore with the Antlers.

I should be hired as a game designer. lol
    Edited by Radiance on January 14, 2020 1:16AM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inval1d wrote: »

I honestly think they just forgot they introduced the idea with the Warden's bear. It's a gold mine for the crown store waiting to happen..

Maybe the issue is it's too targetted of a crown store item, too niche.

For example, you make a mount, anyone can use it. You design a new skin for Sorc's pets and only people who actually enjoy the class might be interested in the item.

I don't really think that makes a whole lot of sense because I think people would happily pay upwards of 3-5k crowns just to reskin their pets, but it's something.

Perhaps the real reason is they're considering axing the OLD out-dated pets to begin with, so designing new skins isn't worth it when they know they want to change them anyway.

Edit: This is with the assumption that they aren't interested in giving players new models for the pets, just the ability to reskin. Simply because you can't just replace a 3D model and expect the animations to behave properly. We don't really know what this engine is capable of, it may sound simple, but it isn't?

Skins though, could easily be done since Warden's bear can be recoloured no problem.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 14, 2020 1:35AM
    PC Beta - 2200+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
This discussion has been closed.