The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Liking One Class

Nimrhys
Nimrhys
✭✭✭
Just a curiosity. I am doing everything on my first character, a magplar, yet occasionally get bored and so make an alt. Said alt will have been on my mind for a few days, their alignment, colour scheme, what mounts they will have etc. I give in and make the toon, they last to level 15 and I log off never to return.

I am always drawn back to my templar. I was determined my necromancer would be here to stay but now thinking of it I am like... eh. Would rather just play another templar!

Is anybody else the same?
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nimrhys wrote: »
    Just a curiosity. I am doing everything on my first character, a magplar, yet occasionally get bored and so make an alt. Said alt will have been on my mind for a few days, their alignment, colour scheme, what mounts they will have etc. I give in and make the toon, they last to level 15 and I log off never to return.

I am always drawn back to my templar. I was determined my necromancer would be here to stay but now thinking of it I am like... eh. Would rather just play another templar!

I have 6 Templars :)
    All different builds all Khajiit.

I believe that answers the question :)
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on May 26, 2019 2:12PM
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not as extreme in using only one class and enjoy playing others for a while, but I always return to my dks. God I love that class especially in PvP
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep with my STamblade / Tankblade.

Have a Tank of each class but somehow it draws me always back to the blade.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main all classes and loving it.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 stamblades. I have played stamblade since eso release on console constantly my main is my Breton stamblade as I am an elder scrolls nerd who played a Breton assassin in oblivion and skyrim 🙂
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Damn, that's more than me! How many mag, stam, hybrid!?
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is the best class. However, with every patch ZOS just makes classes less and less unique to the point that there wont be any differences apart from different colours for skills.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought I would be like that (one character, one class) when I first started playing this game, but now I have 16 characters, with at least one of every class (3 wardens, 5 (???) nightblades, 3 necros, 2 dragon knights, 2 sorcs, 1 templar), and I play them all.

The only race I don't play is Argonian.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade is by far the class that feels the most "right" and the most fun to me, especially stamblade. I've got a DK, a Warden, and a Templar, and none of them come close to the nightblades...
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL! I also have 6 templars......4 magplars and 2 stamplars. I thought I was the only one stuck on templars. Nice to know my insanity is shared.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like a waste of character slots

mDPS, sDPS, Tank, Healer

At most you need 4
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! See my signature!

lol I have a lvl 15 DK and a Necro...I just dont have the time and patience to redo content. Id much rather jump on my super developed character and do anything I want.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have at least one of each class and they are fine, but the only class I really enjoy playing is warden with bear. So I've got one on NA and I'm leveling one on EU. When I run out of things to do on them , I'll probably move on to another game unless sorcerer gets pets that aren't daedric since flappy and bouncy annoy me.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 15 max level characters; 3 of each class with a tank, a magicka caster/healer, and stamina DD; using no more than 2 of each race; and currently working on 3 necromancers.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

mDPS, sDPS, Tank, Healer

At most you need 4

Yeah. If you're only into the mindless same cookiecutter Millhouse... er sheep... meta build.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

mDPS, sDPS, Tank, Healer

At most you need 4

I think it makes a lot of sense to make that many in certain situations- my Bosmer magblade doesn't fare super well with sustain, but I prefer Bosmer toons. But... I also want to do vet end-game trials like vCR, and magblade's a good choice for that. I recently created a Breton magblade as a min/max toon set up solely for some vet trials. I'll use the Bosmer maglade at all other times though, at least when I want a magblade. I could see making a PvP-specific build as well to make things easier in the long run with regards to the constant back-and-forth when swapping between PvE and PvP setups. I can't be arsed to level that many toons though, so I'll suck it up. I can see why that would be beneficial, however.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only played a single character (magsorc) for 2 years since I started the game so I feel pretty much the same way. Trying to lvl a necro and maybe will swap over though since I’ve always wanted to play one.
    Edited by Urvoth on May 26, 2019 9:16PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

MagDk 4 life. I don’t care about Necro or any of these other classes. I got a stam DK crafter and two NB’s I never leveled lol. I might level a mules HORSE that’s IT!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried one necromancer.

I now have a stam dps, a solo survivability necro, a necro werewolf, a necro healer, and a necro tank planned.

I changed my forums avatar.

I tried to raise cousin Billy at his funeral and got kicked out.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. My main was a Redguard Magsorc. Totally wrong, yet continued with it.
    Never got more than one other char beyond LVL 50.

I tried some other classes, but like Magsorc.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes. I spend most of my time on my main Templar. I like other classes, but achievements are mostly locked to individual characters (which for some things like end-game stuff makes sense) but also makes it feel like I should complete stuff on the one character first before running alts through
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, i have 5 Wardens and no regrets. I also have 1 of Each other class and spec but prefer my Wardens.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Breelyn
    Breelyn
    ✭✭✭
    I have 6 mag sorcs. I play everything except Orc and Nord. I have tried all classes and ended up deleting everything else. I like what I like. I do have to say that necro is pretty cool. I am never delete her.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Yep, i have 5 Wardens and no regrets. I also have 1 of Each other class and spec but prefer my Wardens.

I really wanted to get into Warden. Love the theme and animations. Just never got into a rhythm with that class. Good to meet people who have :)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my characters were Magsorcs until I deleted some of them, with the exception of a lonely NB or two who build houses.

Until the 20th....I now have two Magcros and the remaining Magsorcs are feeling threatened.

Also all my characters look exactly the same. <3
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 1 of each class, and they are all AD. Dunmer magsorc, Dunmer magplar, Breton magden, Argonian DK, and Khajiit NB. I haven't decided what race to make my MNM, (PS4) but I'm thinking Dunmer. Or Breton. Or Altmer. Or Orc. Maybe Redguard just because necomancy is sooo taboo in their culture 😝
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah. I do like you where I'll have a theme for a character come to mind, after a few days a name will click in my head and then I make them. I always stick with them though, the trick for me has been to make sure there's something in their playstyle that separates them from the others so that doing similar content doesn't feel like just doing the same thing over again. Up to ten now, one if each race, 2 boomer. I'm on PS4 so still waiting to make a Dunmer Necro to complete the set.

There was only 1 character I deleted, and another I almost did. My 4th character was to be my first healer, I made her a Templar, but the early leveling felt too similar to my magsorc dps, so I never felt compelled to log into her, deleted her and made a petsorc healer instead, which became one of my favorites.

More recently I made a stamDK, but had the same problem, felt too similar to my DK tank, so he was on the chopping block, but since I didn't have a werewolf yet I decided to give him a second chance by turning him into one and seeing if that gave me more interest in him, which so far has.

Also, to avoid replaying story lines I just did, and since they're all different races, I've been starting them off doing the quests in whatever zone would most fit as their homeland. My latest are an Argonian magdk and an Orc warden tank who started in Murkmire and Wrothgar respectively. My Dunmer necro will start in Vvardenfell and I have a level 17 Khajitt waiting for Elsweyr.

I already have a theme in mind for a second imperial too.. ugh so many characters. It's cool though as long as I play all the more the merrier.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im on console and ive had one character since the game released.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find I enjoy them all, but I have spent the most time with my DK tank and Magplar healer. 3rd place would be a mag sorc. I plan to do a first VMA run with the sorc soon.

I have 14 max levels (no max necros yet), but most mostly retired after hitting max. I need to gear them up. One day...
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed warden for a while. In general I love characters with the nature theme. Unfortunately some dumb things about the warden finally got to me ( 1: I found many of the animations dumb & obnoxiously flashy. 2: I wanna be a warden of the green, not a frost mage, and no viable builds leave out the frost tree) and I dropped it as my main forever.

Now I'm a Templar like you. Nice cohesive identity that makes sense in the game.