The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Liking One Class

• Nimrhys
    Nimrhys
    ✭✭✭
    Just made a dunmer templar who is going to be over-zealous. I'd like to think I am going to do different skills but I know I will likely have the exact same, bar dual-wield rather than two-hand...
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I had this...

My main is a Bosmer Stamblade which I love!

I played most content on him, but I also have 10 alts because whenever I see ESO streamer content or play PVP, I'm like "Oeh shiny...!”

So now I have so many champion level unfinished grinding characters and idk who to settle on...
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caster magsorc for me (i.e. no scamp, no heavy attacks). Gameplay is fluid and fun, dynamic (although you can easily do static and new players can pick up the basics easily), adaptable, many unique elements like daedric prey and crystal fragments. Lots of cool utility skills like streak and negate. My favorite theme of any class, lots of destruction (fire filled in with destruction staff) with a bit of dark magic. The storm atronach is dope and the twilight is fun albeit ugly.

I have 2 magsorcs, 1 stamsorc, 1 magblade, 1 stamblade, 1 DK tank, 1 warden tank. I'll probably end up with a necro before I finish a templar xD. Looks cool but I've never been able to get into it.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Nimrhys wrote: »
    Just a curiosity. I am doing everything on my first character, a magplar, yet occasionally get bored and so make an alt. Said alt will have been on my mind for a few days, their alignment, colour scheme, what mounts they will have etc. I give in and make the toon, they last to level 15 and I log off never to return.

I am always drawn back to my templar. I was determined my necromancer would be here to stay but now thinking of it I am like... eh. Would rather just play another templar!

Is anybody else the same?

I have 6 Templars :)
    All different builds all Khajiit.

I believe that answers the question :)

Sounds like a waste of character slots

mDPS, sDPS, Tank, Healer

At most you need 4

Oh. Now we have character slot police.
    Isn't that special?
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made one khajiit of each class, but 95% of my invested time went to my first character, a stamsorc. Every time I have some build ideas, it's for my sorcerer.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 stamblades. I have played stamblade since eso release on console constantly my main is my Breton stamblade as I am an elder scrolls nerd who played a Breton assassin in oblivion and skyrim 🙂

❤elder scroll nerds unite 😊😊😊
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a curiosity. I am doing everything on my first character, a magplar, yet occasionally get bored and so make an alt. Said alt will have been on my mind for a few days, their alignment, colour scheme, what mounts they will have etc. I give in and make the toon, they last to level 15 and I log off never to return.

I am always drawn back to my templar. I was determined my necromancer would be here to stay but now thinking of it I am like... eh. Would rather just play another templar!

YES

uh, was that my outside voice?

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ❤ templars. I made a a magplar healer assist for battlegrounds a while back...she is now a pve healer to be...I have a stamplar pvp DD Orc I also love. Templars are pretty cool .
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a shameless altoholic. They are all different and I play them according to my mood that day or cycle through them. I finally broke down and decided one to be my "main" and ran him through the main quest and the daedric questline. However, with each DLC I tend to use or make a character indigenous to that region, i.e. my newest Khajiit for Elsweyr. SMH...
  • Swen_von_Walhallion
    well in beta i start play templar, after relase i make DK, get it to lvl 15 and create templar, was playing him as stamlar in time when magika DD was superior and stamina DD was commontly kicked from groups. Now i play him still as stamplar and have another 6 others templars. Overall 3 stamplar 2 tankplar, 1 healplar and 1 magplar :D
    Adraria Argentum Draco - imperial Stamplar
    Bevdyen Tus Ntxhuav - Orc Stamplar
    Celestun Ira Dei- Imperial Tankplar
    Halldis Rautt Höfuð- Nord Tankplar
    Misawa Yoshike - Breton Healplar
    Lae'ozhael - Dunmer Magplar
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    im on console and ive had one character since the game released.

Same for my redguard stam dk since 2016. Every time i create a new char i level it up all the way 50 than get bored and delete them.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup the same. Can't get away from my Khajiit... She's a beauty and templar ... both is awesome :smile:
    EDIT: And ofc, 5 out of my 10 char slots are templars :smiley:
    9srp3uyb.png

Edited by Lisutaris on May 27, 2019 12:24PM
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Damn, that's more than me! How many mag, stam, hybrid!?

Sta DD, Tank, Healer, Mag DD, Solo Build, Ma PVP
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

Sounds like a waste of character slots

mDPS, sDPS, Tank, Healer

At most you need 4

I need 0 and want as many as I can have fun playing. Is my account not yours to criticizing someone on this. :)
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well in beta i start play templar, after relase i make DK, get it to lvl 15 and create templar, was playing him as stamlar in time when magika DD was superior and stamina DD was commontly kicked from groups. Now i play him still as stamplar and have another 6 others templars. Overall 3 stamplar 2 tankplar, 1 healplar and 1 magplar :D

:D
    Challenge accepted. I will level a new Templar to make also 7th :D
    Cannot let you have more than me :P
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not liking one class...well maybe yes but it's more like liking one character. I prefer to continue roleplay legacy of one character rather than play a lot of soulless side characters.
  • Nimrhys
    Nimrhys
    ✭✭✭
    It happened again, my friends. I already deleted the templa and the necromancer.
    I really need to just complete Tamriel with my main and THEN do an alt. *Slaps own wrist*
    I'm not sure how you can have 6 builds of templar though!
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It happened again, my friends. I already deleted the templa and the necromancer.
    I really need to just complete Tamriel with my main and THEN do an alt. *Slaps own wrist*
    I'm not sure how you can have 6 builds of templar though!

I have multiple characters of several classes, and many of them run the same builds (e.g., I now have five necros and four of them are stamina).
    The main difference is race in those cases.

I do have a main (a Nord Warden), and I have completed more content with her than any of my other characters, and she's my sole crafter (I only level Provisioning on my alts).

While she is my dedicated main, I do enjoy other classes and races (Nords, Dunmer, and Osmer are my three favorites, but Argonians are the only races I don't play), so that is how I ended up with so many alts.

As mentioned, I will often run the same builds (or very similar) on multiple characters (the majority of my now 17 chars are werewolves, for example), but I tend to concentrate on different content with each one, typically.

And I've deleted several characters since I started playing, to either rebuild a particular one a different way, or to try something else completely different (such as a race or class I haven't tried yet).

Edited by bearbelly on May 30, 2019 10:00AM