The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stamblade post patch PvP

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    I’m maining stamblade this patch. The class is finally viable for real pvp rather than the PvP beginner style most stamblades used where they try to burst someone down before their opponent is aware a fight has started, and then run away as soon as their opponent starts fighting back.

It was an easy play style but fundamentally ineffective in outnumbered or other challenging PvP situations, and while I enjoyed memeing around on it and streaming myself playing this playstyle using only one hand, the fact is that stamblade is now one of the best, if not the best, Stam 1vX specd classes and I have been having a blast using my stamblade for actual PvP rather than for memes.

For the people that are still new to the game and who were using the “attack afk people and then run” playstyle, might i suggest an hp stacking mag DK that uses chains from inside a zerg? That seems just as beginner friendly and would require just as few buttons and just as little prior experience.

Edited to be more constructive

you are a real hero - i saw some of your content. it is never an easy thing killing people with a pocket healer in your group. truly commendable.

stamblade stealth burst was THE defining characteristic and whole point of the class. see the first passive in their class line called aptly enough "ASSASSINATION" for more clarity on that subject.

this snb brawler crap is just that. homogenizing the classes to one spec one outcome.

can you now play the nb as a snb brawler wearing 5 pc heavy armor for a 13 second uptime on ward with great mitigation due to change in relentless? sure.

is it a rogue assassin the way it was intended to be via the name of the class, the name of the abilities (surprise attack anyone) and the name of the class line and passives... as well as the bonuses of those passives? no.

did we really need to change NB to function more like a DK for pvp? can't we have diversity in playstyles?

at this point - stam are all running around with snb, using heroic and reverb. building ult, and bursting with dawnbreaker. the homogenized meta incarnate.

congratulations i guess. congratulations-

signed - a nb that enjoyed navigating tricky aoe infested terrains within bg's, looking for opportunities to surprise attack from stealth into a bursty incap/spectral bow combo. utilizing shade and cloak to kite where the typical brawler defenses lacked due to the rogue squishy nature of the class. now relegated to a snb brawler with dark cloak, using relentless to further mitigate dmg, setting up d-swings with heroic slash and executing with reverse slice / onslaught - otherwise known as - insert stam toon here.

I actually like the snb style and it's not mutually exclusive from a rogue style. Imagine stalking your prey and then confronting them with a heavy armor build designed to withstand pretty serious heat and yet dole out ridiculous debuffs and damage. I'll take it. It's a style that's always been around in eso, just not always popular.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

SA could have been stealth changed. Which is good too, because 5% armor debuff is really strong lol.

I'm not saying anything bad on NB and like others have said, "adapt", but 5% armor debuff is not strong at all. They should of just went with minor fracture.

that also depends how it interacts with mace. Does it stack additive to mace? If not, against a 26000 target, its about 1036 armor removed after major fracture. And with 4k from CP, that's a total of 10k penetration without a mace. Sounds normal if you slot major fracture.

With mace, if both are percentage armor debuffs, do they stack? if they stack:
    - 25% instead of 20% off maul
    - off a 26000 target, 5180 with major fracture and maul. Total of 14460 with 4k CP

If doesnt stack with maul, and separate, where does it happen on the equation? Can you assume it happens after maul?:
    - 26000 target is hit with major fracture, then 20% maul of that is 4144 armor reduced and 5% of that is 828 reduced (14252).

If you dont slot fracture:
    - 26000 target, if maul/SA stack, 6500 then add 4000k pen = 10500

Either way, 14k armor pen total is only 1k less than a mag build running ele drain, except you only have to swap to a maul and slot a NB skill. Most stam builds have to slot spriggans+sharp and still are under without CP. 10k possible without fracture and 10k possible with fracture + SA. 14k possible with fracture.

Sounds really good to me.

Surprise Attack 5% and Mace 10% / 20% are calculated last.
    The calculation example is described below.

Enemy: 18200-Major Fracture: 5280-CP Piercing: 3740 = 9180
    If you calculate Surprise Attack 5% from 9180, it will be -459 for a total of 8721.

459/662 = 0.6933534743202417%

This is a very small value.
    This is the reason why Mace is not used.

Nope. Surprise Attack is calculated first. It takes the initial resistances value, before all debuffs (the opposite of Maces basically). So on a raid boss with 18.2k resists, it will always give you 910 penetration, no matter how many debuffs are active on the boss.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade