Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade post patch PvP

LordTareq
LordTareq
✭✭✭✭✭
What are everyone's experiences so far?

So my damage has dropped noticeably across the board, combination of Cammoran Throne nerf & skill nerfs. I've tested replacing Surprise attack with the Psijic Order Crushing Weapon skill, with the reworked 2-handed Brawler (shield) morph, and Power Extraction. The former two were both not effective. Power Extraction is quite nuts, AOE with only 500 less tooltip damage than Surprise Attack. However also more expensive which is important in no-CP, and its still a little bit less damage and every bit counts.

Replaced Incap with Dawnbreaker and its awesome. I've been using Phantasmal Escape as a snare/root breaker so I could get the Rally morph for more healing, but still in debate about this. The high magicka cost of Phantasmal Escape means I can't really use it on demand as often as I'd like and it eats into cloak availability.

Overall after shuffling skills my performance in BG's is similar to before the patch in terms of damage/kills, but I also die more often probably due to all the buffed AOE.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    take a fringe battleground class and rip its teeth out - that's your stamblade today.

no bark and no bite.

I've removed relentless completely from the bar. dropped surprise attack as well after it did zippo to secure kills. i'm down to opening a target with PI on master's bow, dodge roll for woodelf passives, ambush for minor vuln then cloak into a dizzy swing dawnbreaker/soul harvest with a reverse slice if needed.

it's bad. these are dark days.

but hey - i hear you can put sword and board on your nightblade and be amazing. haven't seen it yet in bg's, but i have heard about it.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    What are everyone's experiences so far?

So my damage has dropped noticeably across the board, combination of Cammoran Throne nerf & skill nerfs. I've tested replacing Surprise attack with the Psijic Order Crushing Weapon skill, with the reworked 2-handed Brawler (shield) morph, and Power Extraction. The former two were both not effective. Power Extraction is quite nuts, AOE with only 500 less tooltip damage than Surprise Attack. However also more expensive which is important in no-CP, and its still a little bit less damage and every bit counts.

Replaced Incap with Dawnbreaker and its awesome. I've been using Phantasmal Escape as a snare/root breaker so I could get the Rally morph for more healing, but still in debate about this. The high magicka cost of Phantasmal Escape means I can't really use it on demand as often as I'd like and it eats into cloak availability.

Overall after shuffling skills my performance in BG's is similar to before the patch in terms of damage/kills, but I also die more often probably due to all the buffed AOE.

Doing fine so far.

My damage is lower(as expected)and is hard killing some build without defile but my defense is better thanks to relentless and the fear change give more utility and i love it.

Still same skillbar just changed in to a meta build this time instead.

@mursie rofl exaggerate much?
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    still decent for dueling ( stalemate vs 810 cp stamsorc dc with emperor alliance and 2 offesnsive and dev scroll)
    that stamsorc use fury 7th bs 1HS 2H poison aka meta build
    i use spiggan bp bs 2H bow only 790ish cp.

i literally cant use incap because it is so *** i better use soul siphon to play defensive.

in 1vx definitly huge *** you on the face, literally cant kill because no incap stun, fracture, berserk, also *** stam regen.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally a dead class now.
    Might as well turn it into a bank character.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much badblades needing to improve.

tHe wOLrD iS fAlLinG
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade still good! Need to adapt.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kr3do wrote: »
    Literally a dead class now.
    Might as well turn it into a bank character.

Sounds like a L2P issue
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    take a fringe battleground class and rip its teeth out - that's your stamblade today.

no bark and no bite.

I've removed relentless completely from the bar. dropped surprise attack as well after it did zippo to secure kills. i'm down to opening a target with PI on master's bow, dodge roll for woodelf passives, ambush for minor vuln then cloak into a dizzy swing dawnbreaker/soul harvest with a reverse slice if needed.

it's bad. these are dark days.

but hey - i hear you can put sword and board on your nightblade and be amazing. haven't seen it yet in bg's, but i have heard about it.

Man, I always wonder how classes without an original spammable, burst skill, real gap closer, ultimate and a *** load of buffs/ debuffs (including some unnamed ones) do PvP these days...
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I always wonder how classes without an original spammable, burst skill, real gap closer, ultimate and a *** load of buffs/ debuffs (including some unnamed ones) do PvP these days...

spammable - rend slash, reverse slice, ransack, wrecking blow, heroic slash, crushing weapon. i.e. - no class original needed
    burst skill - wrecking blow, reverse slice, executioner, spin 2 win. i.e. no class original needed.
    gap closer - crit rush, shield assault, stampede. i.e. no class original needed
    ultimate - dawnbreaker????? seriously?
    load of buffs/debuffs: you mean the load that just got nerfed? fracture, beserk, defile??

templar, warden, dk, and sorc: all have 20+ second major ward buff easily applied. NB - needs to wear 5 heavy and use a shadow ability to get 13 seconds.

nb was a fringe class in structured pvp. it's one defining feature - rogue burst - just got nerfed into the ground.

The talk now is heavy armor sword and board nightblades. and admittedly - it's strong survival wise. really strong, if you can keep that 13 second 4K magicka ability up. You can play the class and do fine in pvp. but it was neutered hard. adapt and overcome, just don't deny.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

spammable - rend slash, reverse slice, ransack, wrecking blow, heroic slash, crushing weapon. i.e. - no class original needed
    burst skill - wrecking blow, reverse slice, executioner, spin 2 win. i.e. no class original needed.
    load of buffs/debuffs: you mean the load that just got nerfed? fracture, beserk, defile??

templar, warden, dk, and sorc: all have 20+ second major ward buff easily applied. NB - needs to wear 5 heavy and use a shadow ability to get 13 seconds.

nb was a fringe class in structured pvp. it's one defining feature - rogue burst - just got nerfed into the ground.

The talk now is heavy armor sword and board nightblades. and admittedly - it's strong survival wise. really strong, if you can keep that 13 second 4K magicka ability up. You can play the class and do fine in pvp. but it was neutered hard. adapt and overcome, just don't deny.

well you kept the 5% armor debuff that I heard works even when facing targets. Not to mention stacks with major/minor sources, of which NB still has on a free cast spell similar to ele drain (minus sustain).

ill trade you major evasion/multiple CP star reduced punc.sweeps for SA lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

well you kept the 5% armor debuff that I heard works even when facing targets. Not to mention stacks with major/minor sources, of which NB still has on a free cast spell similar to ele drain (minus sustain).

It's hard to find a place for mark target unelss you run with a group,anyway he is just exaggerating is not like the class is unpleyable lol,the class changed is not better than before or much weaker just different.

SA only work when behind or flanking from my expirience.I did read read it about it too on the pts forum maybe was bugged there and got fixed?
    Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on May 22, 2019 10:55PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's hard to find a place for mark target unelss you run with a group,anyway he is just exaggerating is not like the class is unpleyable lol,the class changed is not better than before or much weaker just different.

SA only work when behind or flanking from my expirience.I did read read it about it too on the pts forum maybe as bugged there and got fixed?

yea bar limitations like that sounds like the type of decisions templars have to face as well. Its hard to stomach that, but overall that is good for the health of the game when one's class has to make that decision on which morph will be better or which skill.

SA could have been stealth changed. Which is good too, because 5% armor debuff is really strong lol.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SA could have been stealth changed. Which is good too, because 5% armor debuff is really strong lol.

I'm not saying anything bad on NB and like others have said, "adapt", but 5% armor debuff is not strong at all. They should of just went with minor fracture.

Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not saying anything bad on NB and like others have said, "adapt", but 5% armor debuff is not strong at all. They should of just went with minor fracture.

that also depends how it interacts with mace. Does it stack additive to mace? If not, against a 26000 target, its about 1036 armor removed after major fracture. And with 4k from CP, that's a total of 10k penetration without a mace. Sounds normal if you slot major fracture.

With mace, if both are percentage armor debuffs, do they stack? if they stack:
    - 25% instead of 20% off maul
    - off a 26000 target, 5180 with major fracture and maul. Total of 14460 with 4k CP

If doesnt stack with maul, and separate, where does it happen on the equation? Can you assume it happens after maul?:
    - 26000 target is hit with major fracture, then 20% maul of that is 4144 armor reduced and 5% of that is 828 reduced (14252).

If you dont slot fracture:
    - 26000 target, if maul/SA stack, 6500 then add 4000k pen = 10500

Either way, 14k armor pen total is only 1k less than a mag build running ele drain, except you only have to swap to a maul and slot a NB skill. Most stam builds have to slot spriggans+sharp and still are under without CP. 10k possible without fracture and 10k possible with fracture + SA. 14k possible with fracture.

Sounds really good to me.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're still good but sorc is probably better in everything now.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Are you the dude who pvp’s with a lot of characters? Think I see you in BGs on PC-NA in the mornings a lot running different characters through BGs.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's exactly what I wanted to hint at. Other classes can "do fine" with generic stuff, people even go as far and deny certain classes class specific stamina skills, and yet NBs hang up their boots, QQing on the highest level because their skills are now not that far above what everyone else can use - while it's an absolute no-go for them to even consider weapon skills. That whole ragequitting is cringeworthy.
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Adapt or die!
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Are you the dude who pvp’s with a lot of characters? Think I see you in BGs on PC-NA in the mornings a lot running different characters through BGs.

You should check his twitch out: MursieFTW
    Edited by jhall03 on May 23, 2019 12:13PM
  • cooper336b14_ESO
    My bow build took a major nerf, i adapted and can still snipe kill but it takes alot more work. Im still hitting 5700 weapon power and 7k armor pen. Can kill almost anything in 3 shots with spam snipe. The problem is killing people actively healing or blocking. tempted to put away velidreth and molag for slimecraw to get the 8% back. Currently going full physcial dmg. Using Twice Born for warrior and lord, with full Automatons set in Divines.

skill bar is all fighter guild abilities with snipe as only real skill on bar, and dawn for ultimate. 2 hand buff / heal on back bar.

glass cannon build for sure. Any thoughts let me know.

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bow build took a major nerf, i adapted and can still snipe kill but it takes alot more work. Im still hitting 5700 weapon power and 7k armor pen. Can kill almost anything in 3 shots with spam snipe. The problem is killing people actively healing or blocking. tempted to put away velidreth and molag for slimecraw to get the 8% back. Currently going full physcial dmg. Using Twice Born for warrior and lord, with full Automatons set in Divines.

skill bar is all fighter guild abilities with snipe as only real skill on bar, and dawn for ultimate. 2 hand buff / heal on back bar.

glass cannon build for sure. Any thoughts let me know.

Good point about Slimecraw. I'm not sure how to adjust. For awhile now I have been thinking about going less glassy. Been seeing more shield NBs out and about. Very survivable and they do get kills .... although that is likely due to their skill. Not sure if I could pull it off. Not even sure what type of build to use for that.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tried it, but I'll be running my NB like a DK. Sword and board, 7th Legion, Fury. Build up stacks of relentless for the 15% damage mitigation, keep up mirage for the minor resolve/ward, once 7th and ultimate is ready... pierce armor > reverb > Inacp > assassin's scourge > executioner.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jhall03 wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »

You should check his twitch out: MursieFTW

A must!
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Haven't tried it, but I'll be running my NB like a DK. Sword and board, 7th Legion, Fury. Build up stacks of relentless for the 15% damage mitigation, keep up mirage for the minor resolve/ward, once 7th and ultimate is ready... pierce armor > reverb > Inacp > assassin's scourge > executioner.

I need to learn this !$%
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried this before the patch but to say it wasn't a success is an understatement. I don't really see the 15% relentless bonus suddenly make it viable. Could just be me though. Apparently going stereotypical nightblade with the go-to medium armor damage sets and then sword and board is amazing, but I like my 2-hander too much to try it.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

I tried this before the patch but to say it wasn't a success is an understatement. I don't really see the 15% relentless bonus suddenly make it viable. Could just be me though. Apparently going stereotypical nightblade with the go-to medium armor damage sets and then sword and board is amazing, but I like my 2-hander too much to try it.

15% mitigation is strong, and the change to cloak actually helps the S&B playstyle. NB can be tanky this patch, no doubt. I'm not saying I'm convinced that it will work, but I'm optimistic. Sustain is what I'm worried about.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often wonder..

Why werent we telling people asking for nerfs to adapt?

Who are these players that couldnt kill nightblades and desperately needed Zos to nerf the class?

It makes no sense to claim nightblades were so strong that they needed to be nerfed. Yet they need to adapt? Adapting too well is what got them nerfed.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I often wonder..

Why werent we telling people asking for nerfs to adapt?

Who are these players that couldnt kill nightblades and desperately needed Zos to nerf the class?

It makes no sense to claim nightblades were so strong that they needed to be nerfed. Yet they need to adapt? Adapting too well is what got them nerfed.

You don't tell people to adapt to the status quo. You only adapt to changes. If anything, you could have said "Learn 2 play". And guess what? That's what was told in every thread about NB performance.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    first off the changes are meh, I still see alot of viability in my NB, what I dont understand is how they nerfed the living *** out of the damage but kept perma cloaking viable. i've been s&b/2h dark cloak brawling ever since I made my blade but i've NEVER heard complaints about me, it's always the 'cloaks-all-day-long' type of NB's that get the hate.

I havent been ganked in ages outside of an onslaught gank, even on my main medium 2h/bow stamsorc with 18k resistances. Did the changes aim for them to become just a nuisance?

idk, tbh.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liww wrote: »
    first off the changes are meh, I still see alot of viability in my NB, what I dont understand is how they nerfed the living *** out of the damage but kept perma cloaking viable. i've been s&b/2h dark cloak brawling ever since I made my blade but i've NEVER heard complaints about me, it's always the 'cloaks-all-day-long' type of NB's that get the hate.

I havent been ganked in ages outside of an onslaught gank, even on my main medium 2h/bow stamsorc with 18k resistances. Did the changes aim for them to become just a nuisance?

idk, tbh.

I think so yes, exactly. I think devs caved in to forum whining and all the class reps/streamers complaining.

It became the ‘in’ thing to do. Complain about Nightblades while excluding them from your pvp guild and playing all Wardens and Sorcs.

You can look at it two ways. Either they rolled the fotm classes and were they were legitimately concerned because they were complaining about their counter classes so actually saw them as OP, or that they were just trying to help their specs and their friend’s specs (since NBs are almost nonexistent in large pvp guilds and higher MMR) and completely biased. You choose.

End result was NBs got a hefty mitigation buff, but damage has been hit. I don’t think the end result is too bad though.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 24, 2019 11:23AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten