The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy with the new faction locks?

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks
    Shalktonin wrote: »

Indeed you ahve contributed nothing and said many things that are simply wrong...your demonstartion of this point was well done kid.

Uh yeah that was kinda the Point? To Show the quoted commentor how wrong his Statement was?
    But gratz you too have contributed Nothing and cant even understand the context of what you Quote so "well done kid" I guess?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    I only PvP casually so of course I don't like it.

Really limits my ability to stock Transmutation Crystals from the Tier 1 rewards since I'm pretty evenly spread across alliances. So now I'll only be able to hit the 30-day Tier 1 rewards on 2/3 of my characters (Reds in CP, Blues in No-CP, Yellows left out in the cold).

However, I do understand that the people who take Cyrodiil seriously probably like it.

IMO the best compromise would be to have a total of three 30-day campaigns so that players who have toons on all alliances can home them in full campaigns.
    Edited by LiquidPony on May 21, 2019 5:15PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's a good improvement
    i love the faction locks. i hope it stays.
    i hated seeing one side win everything, then they all logg out and logg back into the other side and win everything back in one HUGE zerg.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO pvp lacks a feeling of team and factions that I’ve had in other games. There should be commitment, picking a side and pushing your faction ahead. This is a step in that direct.

Of course there are players they have created toons with the sole intent of farming ap and getting transmutation stones depending on which faction is up. I can recall some guilds flipping the faction wheel depending on numbers and even pushing emp across factions. People have even sold emp doing this. I can’t see how this was ever in their design. ZOS should not cater to this. Just as it shouldn’t center IC around people who want to farm alone in a dead zone instead of grouped play.

Good work ZOS!

It would be great to see more growth to cyro
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem right now is that more people are picking EP. Dagger seems to be getting worse we will have to wait and see if this helps or hurts.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I hate the new locks as it prevents me playing ALTs on the main 30 day CP campaign who are already assigned to different factions which I cannot change. I play PvP on 8 different toons across the 3 factions. It will prevent a lot of my PvP fun.
    What do you guys think ?

Too bad for some folks I guess.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About time
    PvP needs more love.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, how close are the points now that factions are locked? Let me guess: not at all ...

This first campaign will be skewed a bit by new content and changes. I'd assume the PUG heavy factions will be out in force while more meta players are off working on being the first on whatever the new meta becomes. There will be exceptions both ways but after Warden; I'd be willing to bet people are betting on stamcro
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, at this point I would beg for the ability to choose what faction your ACCOUNT wants to play for. Every toon I have was rolled a long time ago (last one was made during Vvardenfell) before faction changes were even announced. So I have one EP toon that 4 years ago I forgot to swap what alliance I wanted it on, a couple DC, and a bunch of AD toons (that faction has a better story/starting area). So it's either go with playing my MAIN only cuz it's EP, or 1 of 2 DC toons, and all the rest AD. I'm basically locked out of playing most of my toons which aren't even set up for PVP to begin with! I have my stam sorc (ep), healer (dc), and stam dk (AD). So basically either pick one or buy character slots/delete toons just so I can go level up alts all on one faction, all the while hoping that it doesn't change so I'm not doing that for nothing.

Of the many mistakes that yall have made with this game, this has to be right near the top of em. Just plaing f'ing stupid.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Heck, at this point I would beg for the ability to choose what faction your ACCOUNT wants to play for. Every toon I have was rolled a long time ago (last one was made during Vvardenfell) before faction changes were even announced. So I have one EP toon that 4 years ago I forgot to swap what alliance I wanted it on, a couple DC, and a bunch of AD toons (that faction has a better story/starting area). So it's either go with playing my MAIN only cuz it's EP, or 1 of 2 DC toons, and all the rest AD. I'm basically locked out of playing most of my toons which aren't even set up for PVP to begin with! I have my stam sorc (ep), healer (dc), and stam dk (AD). So basically either pick one or buy character slots/delete toons just so I can go level up alts all on one faction, all the while hoping that it doesn't change so I'm not doing that for nothing.

Of the many mistakes that yall have made with this game, this has to be right near the top of em. Just plaing f'ing stupid.

Yea, thats the point that many arent comprehending.

It doesnt matter whether or not we can faction hop. Its alts that have countless hours invested in being banned thats awful.

They are retroactively punishing people who made a decision with a rule that didnt exist at the time the decision was made.

Either

Allow us to select 1 faction for all toons, there would be no issue.

or

Give us a 30 day equivalent where we can have all our alts on. Let the people that want locks be alone.
    Edited by Royalthought on May 21, 2019 6:38PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t really give a damn. I feel like it probably helps with population balance though so I’m all for it
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »

Yea, thats the point that many arent comprehending.

It doesnt matter whether or not we can faction hop. Its alts that have countless hours invested in being banned thats awful.

They are retroactively punishing people who made a decision with a rule that didnt exist at the time the decision was made.

Either

Allow us to select 1 faction for all toons, there would be no issue.

or

Give us a 30 day equivalent where we can have all our alts on. Let the people that want locks be alone.

Agree.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks
    Just create one faction-locked 7-days campaign as a playground for the roleplayers who really care about factions.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a handful of comments that were not appropriate for the ESO forums. We ask that when posting comments, you adhere to our forum rules. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post