The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy with the new faction locks?

• Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    I see both the negatives and the Positives of the lock. I’ll just play either Ad or Ep and rotate every month nothing that terrible about it.
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's a good improvement
    Choose a team and stick with it. We have no room for traitors!
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I hate the new locks as it prevents me playing ALTs on the main 30 day CP campaign who are already assigned to different factions which I cannot change. I play PvP on 8 different toons across the 3 factions. It will prevent a lot of my PvP fun.
    What do you guys think ?

To early to ask tbh.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the exploits alone, yes. If your current faction isn't doing well, k I'll just change character and faction. Nope.

You should fight for the faction you pick, through good and bad. Won't always do well in the war, just gotta keep pushing.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Two 30-day campaigns. Three factions. It doesn't fit. If you're just doing PvP to level skills, it probably matters less. But what about the transmute bags?
    On a 7 day campaign you have to get 100k AP to get 40 stones.
    On a 30 day campaign, you have to get 25k AP to get 50 stones.
    Just give us more campaigns. Alliance change tokens only work if you have the any alliance any race thing. More campaigns will reduce the queues in Cyrodiil too.
    Seeing as the whole game is based on the PvP, (nobody nerfed shields or armours because they were too strong in PvE) give us more PvP options in the campaigns. I have no problem with faction lock in itself; I have a problem with not being able to fit all my characters into a campaign.
    All I want is my transmute stones and legate's black.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks

They probably wrote the game of thrones ending too

:D
    Edited by cyberjanet on May 21, 2019 8:41AM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way better. Play the 7 day if your a faction hopper.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your personal needs are irrelevant when it is about game rules that affects all.
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those who hate it are the ones who've been jumping fences to the winning alliance. And maybe the ones standing in alliance base and spying for their guild and other alliance. Whether it's bad, that's to decide for everyone himself.
    Personally I love it. If you choose an alliance then stick to it, don't waggle your tail at the currently highest bidder.
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks
    Meh now I have to decide between playing with my Friends on one alliance or playing the majority of my characters on another faction since there is only one 30 day no cp Campaign and cp pvp sucks.

Its Kind of amusing tho how many People in here think that People playing multiple alliances are all spies, traitors or faction swappers that Always go to the Winning side or that everyone who dislikes the faction locks behaves like that. Gross generalization and immense Paranoia there. Guess we know who didnt Play with other People pre one tamriel. There might also be People that *gasp* have Friends or guilds that Play different factions and they might like to actually Play with their Friends and guildies regardless of faction, well not like this is an MMO or something so why Play with guildies or Friends am I Right?

We also had faction locks once before so Im just hoping they get disabled again.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Rockett
    Rockett
    ✭✭✭
    Got my tin foil hat on. It's a ploy to introduce faction change tokens to the store.
    Edited by Rockett on May 21, 2019 9:31AM
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Yes, I'm so happy that 50% of my characters are now unplayable in Sotha. I'm truly grateful.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am happy. Death to turncoats.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played this game for 5 years now and zos only ever makes the game worse as time goes on, not better.

They probably wrote the game of thrones ending too

If you played 5 years now you do know, that the faction lock existed 5 years ago......
    Yet your account is not 5 years old :P
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on May 21, 2019 9:31AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    My only immediate issue with it is that multi-faction No CP players got screwed, since they don't get an unlocked 7-day campaign. Who at ZOS thought that was a good idea?

@VaranisArano

Exactly. That’s the only gripe I have with it, but it’s a big one. It doesn’t help they just ignored the numerous threads about this too.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen spies and faction jumpers too many times. This is a big improvement.
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celebrating limitations....

Let that sink in
    [removed comment]

Some are so concerned with hating/limiting other people theyre celebrating being stripped of an option themselves.

You do realize that a game is literally nothing more than a set of rules? Playing the game means following the rules which is inherently limiting. I guess in your world it perfectly ok if a football player just picked up and threw the ball instead of kicking it? After all telling the player they're not allowed to pick up the ball would be "celebrating limitations".
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 28, 2019 12:33PM
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    A long needed change.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only play AD (simply the best alliance hehe) so these changes don’t effect me at all. Can hear and feel for the players who have character on all three factions.

But people swapping over to one faction to another to either spy, give grief in chat or just take the map over again was just sucking the fun out of the game for moi. Glad the changes have happened.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t wait for it to hit consoles. Now we won’t have certain scrublord zerg streamers who shall not be named pocketing huge sums of gold (and even IRL money!) to sway the outcome of a campaign on behalf of the butthurt losing side.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Meh now I have to decide between playing with my Friends on one alliance or playing the majority of my characters on another faction since there is only one 30 day no cp Campaign and cp pvp sucks.

Its Kind of amusing tho how many People in here think that People playing multiple alliances are all spies, traitors or faction swappers that Always go to the Winning side or that everyone who dislikes the faction locks behaves like that. Gross generalization and immense Paranoia there. Guess we know who didnt Play with other People pre one tamriel. There might also be People that *gasp* have Friends or guilds that Play different factions and they might like to actually Play with their Friends and guildies regardless of faction, well not like this is an MMO or something so why Play with guildies or Friends am I Right?

We also had faction locks once before so Im just hoping they get disabled again.

I don’t know what platform you’re on, but there are trolls on PS4 NA who are quite open about things like scroll selling (yes, that’s a thing), and accepting bribes to hop over to another faction and win the campaign for that faction.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks
    Aurielle wrote: »

I don’t know what platform you’re on, but there are trolls on PS4 NA who are quite open about things like scroll selling (yes, that’s a thing), and accepting bribes to hop over to another faction and win the campaign for that faction.

Im on PC EU in Sotha Sil (or whatever its called now) I havent been playing cyro too often, I Play more bgs or Trials but in the times I have been there I have very rarely seen such trolls like you are describing, the only place I have seen that regulary was shor where Minimum 2 factions were constantly emp swapping and flaming everyone in Zone Chat that defended emp keeps.

This is honestly a Situation of pick your Poison, either you make trolling easier/Keep it easy as is now or force Players to not Play multiple alliances and perhaps not be able to Play with guildies/Friends like it will be the case for me, out of 15 characters 1 is AD for playing sotha with Friends, Im probably gonna choose the other 14 over the 1 tho so thats gonna suck for me. We might even get to see a return of buff campaigns but that remains to be seen.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovin`it. :smile:

Got characters on all alliances, still able to PVP with all of them when i want even if mostly focused on my "main" alliance. After a bit even the most hardcore forum crybabies will adapt to the new era.

Also Volendrung is fun addition to the game.

ZOS did well with this Elsweyr patch, yeah some bugs and slight adjustments still needed to work on, but.. like majority of the changes and new stuff is positive, well thought (even if some might not understand the reasons because of emotional barrier) and game feels fresh and enjoyable.

I do not often say "Good job ZOS!", but when i do i really mean it with no sarcasm. <3

PS. For my "gj ZOS" i am hoping to get as a reward a quick fix to the necromancers Blastbones skill bugs. "PLZ"

Did add the "plz" since rumor says it helps in getting bugs fixed faster and when begging gold from strangers at Mournhold. :p
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Gatviper wrote: »
    Those who hate it are the ones who've been jumping fences to the winning alliance. And maybe the ones standing in alliance base and spying for their guild and other alliance. Whether it's bad, that's to decide for everyone himself.
    Personally I love it. If you choose an alliance then stick to it, don't waggle your tail at the currently highest bidder.
    Not even close. Those who hate it are the people who realize that in order to get Vigor/Caltrops on their alts who aren't in their main faction, they'll be forced to play Battlegrounds or an empty 7-day campaign. That sucks. I don't like the faction locks, and have never done any of that garbage that you just mentioned.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on May 21, 2019 12:02PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too early to tell--

They won' tdirectly impact me, as I only play on one faction in 30 day campaigns. I don't anticipate them really hurting my normal playgroup, as we mainly play one faction. But we'll see.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tag this to vote in a couple of weeks once I have leveled my Necro and been out there a bit. And that even might be too early to tell. I anticipate it not going as well as people think, but who knows. I think we will have a hard time telling until a at least 1 campaign ends and if people go different factions for the 2nd campaign and if they swing toward the first winning alliance or if there are people who truly want good fights and swing toward the least populated. And then there could be an over-adjustment.

Thats the problem with 30 day faction locks. It still will happen but it will just take 30 days to see it. All it does is make people unable to play their alts in the main campaign. It will be interesting to see if the off campaigns see an uptick but I doubt it.
    Edited by technohic on May 21, 2019 12:21PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I'll tag this to vote in a couple of weeks once I have leveled my Necro and been out there a bit. And that even might be too early to tell. I anticipate it not going as well as people think, but who knows. I think we will have a hard time telling until a at least 1 campaign ends and if people go different factions for the 2nd campaign and if they swing toward the first winning alliance or if there are people who truly want good fights and swing toward the least populated. And then there could be an over-adjustment.

Thats the problem with 30 day faction locks. It still will happen but it will just take 30 days to see it.

This is a great point--

If the idea behind faction locks is to have a PvP community more invested in campaign score/balance/loyalty, we only get one test run every 30 days. And if a camp is super unbalanced 2 weeks in...that's probably it for the duration.

But maybe it'll organically sort itself out! We'll see.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, competitive multiplayer is actually competitive again since players can no longer brazenly cheat across factions. Represent your faction and only your faction. If you want to be traitorous slug, go shove off to the pleb 7-day campaigns.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭
    meh
    Overall I think it's a good change since it prevent a lot of the issues with people swapping factions to spy or what not but personally, I can't say I ever considered such things. I see lots of people talking about traitors and being loyal to your faction and blah, blah but they seem to forget that this is a Role Playing game. You pick a faction for your characters, not for your account. My characters are all loyal to whatever faction I picked for them and would never consider spying or helping another one out. If I'm on one of my AD chars , then it's "For the Queen" all the way and if I'm on one of the others, say DC , then it's time to kill some lizards and kitties....
  • Exalted_Goose
    Exalted_Goose
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    I don't care about faction loyalty, nor do I care about winning a Campaign. What matters to me is that I can log on with a class I enjoy and play open-world PvP in an environment I enjoy, (specifically, CP Campaigns), at my discretion. Used to have all my PvP characters - spread across all 3 Alliances because I don't have ARAA - on Vivec, and would log in when I felt like playing that specific class. I wouldn't spy, nor would I play one more because that faction was winning - it was all about having the freedom to enjoy whatever class/character I wanted in my preferred PvP environment. Equally, if I ran into some mates playing a different alliance on the same server, I could quickly change character and join them for a while if I wanted to.

As such - with Faction Locking - that can't happen anymore, so I'm naturally not happy with it. If faction loyalty is such an overriding concern, I would have preferred it if you could bind your account/all toons to a single alliance per Campaign on your chosen server, because at least then I could decide with friends what alliance we'd all sign up for and would have all my characters at my disposal in that preferred PvP environment. However, as it stands, I'm really not happy with the way the system's been implemented - it feels way too restrictive.
    Edited by Exalted_Goose on May 21, 2019 12:53PM
    "One fine day in the middle of the night. Two dead Kings got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their bows... and stabbed themselves...".