Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy with the new faction locks?

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Yes, competitive multiplayer is actually competitive again since players can no longer brazenly cheat across factions. Represent your faction and only your faction. If you want to be traitorous slug, go shove off to the pleb 7-day campaigns.

I’d happily shove off to the pleb 7 day campaign without being a traitorous slug - but there isn’t one for noCP. Get your facts straight before accusing people.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's a good improvement
    Guess the poll kinda backfired.

But faction unlocking should have never happened in the first place, its just a mistake correction.
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am very happy. I used to main AD but then deleted a bunch of characters and remade them into DC long ago.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been DC for life so the change did not really effect me in anyways. But I will say server performance was a lot better yesterday as it seemed population was better spread out on the server (Play 30 day CP). For the people that like to faction swap they still have the 7-day which looked more populated then before. Also now that IC is seperated may also be whats helping performance...hard to tell. All I know is I was actully able to use my rotations even in large fights yesterday without any lag and that was amazing :smile:

But it has only been a day so only time will tell if this holds or not while people explore their options.
    Edited by JadonSky on May 21, 2019 1:15PM
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    want it but not as implemented.

faction lock the account so all my characters can play for the one team regardless of which alliance they were created in.

EU PS4
  • Erymry
    Erymry
    Soul Shriven
    I was worried when I heard about it, seeing as I just play casually on whatever character I feel like at the time. But seeing as there's the unlocked campaigns as well, I think it's a fine idea.

It is a shame there isn't an unlocked No CP campaign. If there was, I'd be 100% for it, seeing as everyone can be happy playing how they like.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All characters AD since the dawn of times. I knew this day would come.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All campaigns need to be faction-locked.
    Lethal zergling
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    I don't really care that much, but it gives me a bit of a chuckle to see anyone who thinks this is going to stop players who want to faction hop or actually were spying. On console you're free to create multiple accounts and use the game you payed for once. Even on PC it's a minimal one-time fee of $10-$20 to create a second account. So this isn't going to stop anyone who actually wants to play that way.

The only people that really got screwed here are the people who swapped factions to play with friends, or to play on the underdog alliance, or to level alliance skill lines on alts and were 100% in with whatever alliance they were playing at the time. I know it will cut my PvP play time by 66%. Not sure PvP is in good enough shape to lose population at this point, but we shall see I guess.
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    I don't like faction locks, but I think it's a good compromise to appease the vocal minority and drive some of the Vivec overcrowding to the 7-day campaign.

This. The spying is annoying but this hardly fixes it when an alt account is $20. The, I have to be on the winning team guys are also annoying. Over crowding the main 30 day is super annoying and hopefully this helps that.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't pvp, so I'll vote "yes", because it seems to be bothering you guys. :#
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they should've never change this.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    I really want to know where in either 30 day campaign in recent memory there was a surge of players "switching to the winning side" cause it didn't happen on PCNA. Playing alts/off faction to COUNTER BALLANCE a pop locked faction to actually PVP instead of sitting at trikeeps doing absolutely *** all save for zerging down the handfull of players trying to take a resource at their home scroll keep. Going to be seeing a lot more of the latter as the former is impossible.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is there no "could be better" option?

The idea is great, and is absolutely needed. You just need to watch how Sotha (why do they keep changing the names?) plays out to see why something like this was needed. One faction night caps and takes emp, come prime time they have every advantage on the playing field, and the moment they lose those advantages, half the faction hops off and into the winning faction. That isn't even touching the other, more legitimate exploits. Emp feeding, AP farming via keep flipping, scroll flipping, etc.

It could have been done better, though. In my opinion, it should have been a soft faction override. When you first queue into a campaign, you choose the alliance you fight for during the campaign, and any character you bring into the campaign will go into your chosen alliance. Chose EP? EP characters go to EP. DC characters go to EP. AD characters go to EP.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Just let me pick the faction that I am loyal for all my characters.

This, so much this! If it can work for BG why not for Cyrodiil. My racial choices were chosen to cater to my builds. I quite understand the necessity for faction lock, no problem with it at all but my existing 10 toons are already tied to 3 different alliances. I have recently bought any race any alliance but it is not retro-active :( If I could, I surely would make them all the same alliance now. Why can't we choose an alliance at the start of a new campaign or do a once off permanent faction choice?
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Yes, competitive multiplayer is actually competitive again since players can no longer brazenly cheat across factions. Represent your faction and only your faction. If you want to be traitorous slug, go shove off to the pleb 7-day campaigns.

Lol if you think this game is competitive.
  • peoplething
    peoplething
    ✭✭✭
    As an AD (ya know, the red-headed step child of Cyro) loyalist, yeah, it's needed.

and sorry guys, the defense "I don't care about winning I just wanna have fun with my friends" sounds disingenuous when guilds run blobs for six hours taking as many flags as they can and stacking their toons with all sorts of animation procs.
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love it! Love the change. Love faction lock. Been asking for it for a while now. Less trolls and *** griefing people that are investing 30 days of their playtime trying to win the campaign.
    Edited by EllieBlue on May 21, 2019 3:20PM
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

I’d happily shove off to the pleb 7 day campaign without being a traitorous slug - but there isn’t one for noCP. Get your facts straight before accusing people.

Players don't need a noCP campaign, they never did. CP is part of the game - adapt and deal with it or don't and leave. Using "noCP" as an excuse is weak at best and only proves that you are among many others who would rather complain about something in the game instead of adapting to counter it.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Feanor wrote: »

Players don't need a noCP campaign, they never did. CP is part of the game - adapt and deal with it or don't and leave. Using "noCP" as an excuse is weak at best and only proves that you are among many others who would rather complain about something in the game instead of adapting to counter it.

NoCP is a valid game choice a lot of people like. You are not in the position to tell anyone what to enjoy in this game. It’s of no relevance what you think is needed or not. The devs have chosen to provide noCP as a play style, so anyone liking it has every reason to ask for changes.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Just give us more campaigns. Alliance change tokens only work if you have the any alliance any race thing. More campaigns will reduce the queues in Cyrodiil too.

I don't know if you are saying that people with AARA can change alliances, but if you are, that's not actually a thing.

There is no way to change a character's alliance after they are created.

The Moot Councillor
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally am not affected. All my characters but one are DC. The one AD I have is for PVE stuff. I do think it sucks for people that have friends on multiple factions. People have their favorite characters and I can see not wanting to abandon them or create carbon copies for a different faction. Besides sometimes you feel like playing your sorc and other times your warden. If you run in a group it could depend on what the group needs.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks

Players dont Need faction locks, they never did, playing multiple characters on different alliances is part of the game - adapt and deal with it or dont and leave. Using "bUT tHe SPiEZ" as an excuse is weak at best and only proves that you are among many others who would rather complain About something in the game instead of doing something to counter it. B)

Look: others can write completely dumb Statements aswell that contribute Nothing and are simply wrong.
    Edited by Sanguinor2 on May 21, 2019 4:05PM
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Well the effect is clear to be seen. At the time of writing it is 5pm GMT. Usually at this time I had to queue 30 minutes to get into the old vivec (pc EU). However the new kaalgrontiid currently has each faction on 2 bars (medium population).

So in essence locks are making less people play PvP
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Well the effect is clear to be seen. At the time of writing it is 5pm GMT. Usually at this time I had to queue 30 minutes to get into the old vivec (pc EU). However the new kaalgrontiid currently has each faction on 2 bars (medium population).

So in essence locks are making less people play PvP

The fact that there's a whole new zone out with new stuff people are exploring has absolutely nothing to do with this.

It's not like one of our most avid PvPers wasn't the first in the guild to get the 50 dragon kills achievement...
    The Moot Councillor
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcomed and much needed change. I am for once glad devs did what had to be done, rather than doing populist changes, diluting everything further.

But people being people resist the change and miss the exploits. Vocal minority that is.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks
    Just out of curiosity, how close are the points now that factions are locked? Let me guess: not at all ...
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks
    maboleth wrote: »
    Welcomed and much needed change. I am for once glad devs did what had to be done, rather than doing populist changes, diluting everything further.

But people being people resist the change and miss the exploits. Vocal minority that is.

Wanting to Play with Friends on the only AD char you have and wanting to do no cp on the 14 EP too is such an exploit RIP.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Garbage decision in my opinion. I have characters on all 3 and play with different people on each alliance. Now when I want a change of pace, I close ESO.
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • Shalktonin
    Shalktonin
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Players dont Need faction locks, they never did, playing multiple characters on different alliances is part of the game - adapt and deal with it or dont and leave. Using "bUT tHe SPiEZ" as an excuse is weak at best and only proves that you are among many others who would rather complain About something in the game instead of doing something to counter it. B)

Look: others can write completely dumb Statements aswell that contribute Nothing and are simply wrong.

Indeed you ahve contributed nothing and said many things that are simply wrong...your demonstartion of this point was well done kid.