The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A gentleman's guide to teabagging.

• Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me Teabagging is a blatant sign of disrespect... that I use incredibly liberally.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO you should respect your opponents for fighting you win or lose.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabagging... Some people love it, some people hate it. Regardless it happens regularly, some people teabag with reckless abandon, others are more reserved. I personally live by a set of rules that govern whether a player is due a clam slam or not. They are as follows:

1) What goes around, comes around. You teabag me, you're getting bagged.

2) If you run away from a 1v1, then come back a minute latter with your pals, you're getting bagged.

3) If you hide behind the zerg spamming snipe, you're getting bagged.

4) If you start setting up a meatbag when your group outnumbers mine 5-1, you're getting bagged.

I'm interested to see what rules other people have, and whether or not you agree with mine!

I'm sure some people will just say that teabagging in general is stupid, each to their own, I'm not trying to tell you how to play.

So let me know what you class as a teabaggable offense!

These are good!!

The run around rocks / trees no damage output tanks who think they are clever get it.

And to be honest good players. If its a good duel ill do a nice prayer emote. But if its a good player that's also a booster / Xbox club 'hero' or a text chat spamming epeen wannabe they get the bag

Mainly as good players rage more about it, salty
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    I don't teabag because I have an IQ on the RHS of the bell curve. FFS, some of you could do with being a little more inventive. Slot a fun emote. I've gotten a few "lol" whispers from my "kneel praying" emote.

Teabagging = lack of imagination.

I agree with you on this, if i have the time I'll whack out a /shovel or a /eatbread. As someone else stated though sometimes it's all just a bit too fast paced for that. :D

Then I'll do nothing, rather than being boring and unimaginative.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Recremen wrote:
    The reason for this is that all kinds of people play this game, including actual victims of sexual assault. Certain things like teabagging are literally psychological triggers that can mess someone up for the rest of the day or longer. There is no need to bring that kind of dynamic into the game. It is not a necessary part of the simulated combat experience. And it's not like these victims "should have known what they were signing up for" when they bought the game. The game wasn't advertised as an environment where you can simulate sexual assault, it was advertised for the simulated combat. The things you add to that are on you, and you really do have a degree of social responsibility to be a good member of the community. If you can't muster the social graces to do something as easy as "not teabagging" then maybe some psych treatment would do you some good as well.
    Knowing this, it's pretty easy for me to avoid doing it. I would hate for someone to have a very bad experience because of it.

Pretty nice way to put it
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beta male behaviour.
    That's all it shows. That you are lacking
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    presenting one's most sensitive parts to another is an act of submission, not dominance. so...?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Teabagging... Some people love it, some people hate it. Regardless it happens regularly, some people teabag with reckless abandon, others are more reserved. I personally live by a set of rules that govern whether a player is due a clam slam or not. They are as follows:

2) If you run away from a 1v1, then come back a minute latter with your pals, you're getting bagged.

4) If you start setting up a meatbag when your group outnumbers mine 5-1, you're getting bagged.

I'm interested to see what rules other people have, and whether or not you agree with mine!

I'm sure some people will just say that teabagging in general is stupid, each to their own, I'm not trying to tell you how to play.

And to be honest good players. If its a good duel ill do a nice prayer emote. But if its a good player that's also a booster / Xbox club 'hero' or a text chat spamming epeen wannabe they get the bag

/sweep /sick ?)))
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do them Low + Slow. Really get in there and give it your best.
    At least let them know your'e taking it seriously :)

I'd love the option to get creative with the crouch emote though.
    Maybe add a bit more booty-shake, or twerking, or some side-to-side swing?
    It's all very boring and samey as it stands which is a shame, it's such an integral part of PVP to be overlooked XD
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't teabag because I have an IQ on the RHS of the bell curve. FFS, some of you could do with being a little more inventive. Slot a fun emote. I've gotten a few "lol" whispers from my "kneel praying" emote.

Teabagging = lack of imagination.

I agree with you on this, if i have the time I'll whack out a /shovel or a /eatbread. As someone else stated though sometimes it's all just a bit too fast paced for that. :D

Then I'll do nothing, rather than being boring and unimaginative.

It has nothing to do with being unimaginative or "having an IQ on the right hand side of the bell curve", as you so eloquently put it.

Using emotes is fun but if and all but if you genuinely dislike someone...what better way is there to humiliate them? :wink:
    There is of course the broom and puke emotes, but nothing beats shoving your sweaty balls in their face.

Not trying to encourage tagging but it's still better than whispering.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teabagging bombers never gets old. Oh, those sweet ragewispers.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using emotes is fun but if and all but if you genuinely dislike someone...what better way is there to humiliate them? :wink: There is of course the broom and puke emotes, but nothing beats shoving your sweaty balls in their face.

Why even bother with them? What makes them so special that you have to do that? I guess that is where I get off the train because the greatest insult that I can think of is to just ignore them like they are lowly dirt. If I do anything to them, it raises them up.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people need to compensate for something :trollface:
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's more than teabagging. Guar stomping is pretty funny too. There shovel, dishonor or booing if you're feeling salty.

Explore your options.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guide to t-bagging would probably contain rules somewhat similar to the OP, plus the recommendation to generously distribute lovebags to your friends & guildies.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw two guys "burying" an opponent. One was digging, the other was raking. That was pretty funny. Teabagging, not so much.
    Lethal zergling
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I teabag raid bosses, and friends who died in a stupid way. I don’t teabag enemy players unless I actually know them.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stupidest part of this juvenile ritual is that most of the time I see it, it's from people who didn't even fight you, but instead hid behind someone else who actually fought you (or a zerg of 20+ killing a single player). And then these lowbies who didn't fight (even less kill) anybody just follow behind the zergball, and try to participate in the only way they can - by t-bagging other people's kills.

What I love is when I see a t-bagger suddenly get killed by someone else while he's busy in his ritual. I usually send them a whisper along the lines of "less tbagging, more PvPing".

I agree with what many said. If you're going to celebrate, do it by doing something that doesn't make you look like a 5 years old who thinks that any sexual reference is "funny". It wasn't funny 5 years ago, and it's even less funny in 2019. Praying, shoveling, etc... these are at least in context, which makes them amusing at least.

And do it when you actually won a battle, not when you just walked by someone else's skillful kill.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »

I put my respect all over your corpse face.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

You can be as disrespectful as you want to me. I will still be respectful to you.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Some people need to compensate for something :trollface:

Those who dont need to compensate just dont have to crouch?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    What I love is when I see a t-bagger suddenly get killed by someone else while he's busy in his ritual. I usually send them a whisper along the lines of "less tbagging, more PvPing".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5_zKyFgZzI

tbag karma.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    If I do it, I try to be pretty sure the other party is okay with it because I've come to learn it can be harmful to people who have been sexually assaulted in the past.

I found the true gentleman (or woman) here.

The one instance I found it really, really funny was when my (AD) guild was in IC killing the bosses. We killed a few EP and their bodies stayed there. A DC person ran up out of nowhere and started teabagging them while we were flipping the district. We killed them as well, but they came right back and started doing it again.

We let them live.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

You can be as disrespectful as you want to me. I will still be respectful to you.

Does that include a 40 man light attack pile up ***? ;)
    Edited by Minno on May 17, 2019 7:25PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had quite a few people in Cyrodiil "invite me to tea" multiple times during my years of pvp.. however, I feel that maybe I'm not as good a hostess, as I do not reciprocate.

I was even "invited to tea" by four players (who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty), on two different factions at the same time when I was attempting to just get a home resource back with a couple of friends. They seemed to want to take turns taking our flag and although I was flattered they were so eager for me to have "tea" with them, I had to decline. Their tea was very bitter and cold.. and served in very small tea cups.

I could maybe understand if I was someone who invited others "to tea" myself, was disrespectful, or even exploited/cheated... maybe that would warrant it.. but, otherwise, I am sorry, I just don't understand it.. I am a survivor of sexual assault and honestly, it took me a very long time to work past that and feel strong again. This doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things I suppose, but maybe it has a small part in why I feel the way I do about it.

I suppose some of it may be just wanting to treat others as I'd want to be treated. I know, it's a game.. but, when I was growing up, we were taught to be respectful of our opponents. Shake hands at the end of the game, win or lose.... I'm a little afraid of what children are being taught these days..

I respect players who play a game well and can beat me in a fair fight. They lose that respect when they behave in a way that is arrogant, egotistical, and rude.
    Edited by Delphinia on May 18, 2019 12:38AM
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 - not a real reason to tbag. Putting together a viable 1v1 build will hit hard on the mobility for most of the classes. If the dude was able to escape you then that probably means he traded some offensive stats/skills in favor to mobility. And that is a wise choice in open world pvp.

3 - not a real reason either. Why tbaging if you already killed the poor player. The player clearly does not know how to pvp. That's not a reason to tbag.

4 - clearly not a reason to tbag. In group vs group fights all methods are good. The goal is to wipe the opposite group ASAP or the odds can quickly turn against you.

I tbag when getting tbaged.
    Also I tbag when someone is exploiting a broken mechanic.
    Edited by Didgerion on May 17, 2019 7:54PM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if you were in command, you'd put the archers in the front row. I'm sure you'd win many battles.
    Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if you were in command, you'd put the archers in the front row. I'm sure you'd win many battles.

Snipe spammers are scumbags no matter the placement.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭

You mean like GoT decided to put their siege engines in front of their army? And that army in front of the trench?

Yeah, that worked out well... LOL :)
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    I only Tbag if you a ***
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
This discussion has been closed.