Maintenance for the week of January 20:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – January 21,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508927/

vet depths of malator on ps4 broken at King?

pipelayer1606
pipelayer1606
Soul Shriven
Ok was just in depths of malator, made it all the way to the king before giving up. Watched alcast video of dungeon at this boss when the king spawns clones all unkilled clones disappeared and 3 new clones spawned. For us, it goes like this, 3 clones, then 6 clones, then 9 clones, and on and on it's been like this since lauch. Is this only happening on ps4? is this how the mechanics of this dungeon are supposed to work?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the intended mechanic.

The decoys do not despawn when a new wave of decoys spawn. So if you do not kill the decoys, they will accumulate and most likely wipe you out.

What we typically do is stack all 4 of them together--the real one and the decoys--and we just focus the real one down and the decoys will die naturally from AoE cleave. And that is probably what Alcast does too. If they are not being stacked or if your AoE cleave damage is not high enough, then you will need to focus them down separately to kill them.
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    PC/EU ― Member of WipeKings

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    • Dragonstar Arena: 45395 (NA)
    • Maelstrom Arena: 600526 (NA)
    • Maw of Lorkhaj: 165227 (EU)
    • Halls of Fabrication: 210507 (EU) (Tick-Tock Tormentor #1, #2, #3, #4)
    • Asylum Sanctorium: 113131 (EU) (Immortal Redeemer #1, #2)
    • Cloudrest: 127395 (NA)
    • Sunspire: 216707 (EU)

Dungeon trifectas:

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter

Guides: Sunspire MechanicsScalebreaker Dungeon Hard Modes

Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    This is the intended mechanic.

The decoys do not despawn when a new wave of decoys spawn. So if you do not kill the decoys, they will accumulate and most likely wipe you out.

What we typically do is stack all 4 of them together--the real one and the decoys--and we just focus the real one down and the decoys will die naturally from AoE cleave. And that is probably what Alcast does too. If they are not being stacked or if your AoE cleave damage is not high enough, then you will need to focus them down separately to kill them.

This. I'm on Ps4 and do the same. If I'm on tank I just taunt them and go stand in one corner, which will make all of them come to me. Then just aoe them down.