The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZoS - Why the silence on housing?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone saw this.
    ESO Live April 26, 2019
    Systems Designer Cullen Lee talked about the new house with Elsweyr and at 17:00 apprx he answers questions like more slots, etc.
    And yes, it is not the answers we hoped for. Here's the link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiL5MzzniD4

Thank you for posting the actual Dev Comments.

I'm starting to question whether some of the players in this thread have actually listened to it.

I mean, its one thing to say "I disagree with the Devs' decisions and priorities and they should listen to me instead!" But its a whole 'nother thing to act like there's no communication.

These won't be an exact transcript, but close enough, starting at 17:00 to about 21:00

The Devs were discussing the FREE House, obtained through running Elsweyr content.

"When we did the Q&A for Combat, we noticed a lot of Housing questions..."

Item Slots - "One of people's biggest concerns. They are there for performance reasons. We really can't go above current limits right now. We've selected current limits to give people a balance between the different objects you might want to place in your home, and its really important to us that - even if maybe your rig would work at a higher count - that anyone who's playing hte game could still go into your house and have a good experience. Its really important to us that the community can share in that way. So that's the reason for the imits being the way they are right now."

Furnishing Bag - "an additional thing that comes up a lot"

*Devs discuss how players see the Crafting bag and think that because they can make it for one thing, "Why can't you just make it?"*
    "The problem with Furnishings, gear or other things like them [video breaks up for me] *begins discussing how 4000 iron ore can just stack up * [video breaks up again for me]

Small, Medium, and Plot Homes - these are the most requested categories
    "We've seen a lot of requests" -> "We've been doing a lot of manors."
    There's upcoming Frost Vault Chasm - No ETA, as of the ESO Live
    New Life Snow Globe was partly in response to this demand, where its a Medium home that they gave the slot limit of a Large home.

"So we are trying to fulfill those desires. We know that they're there and we are paying attention."

Like I said, if you want to disagree with the Devs priorities or the way they've gone about trying to answer some of your concerns, go right ahead. But for me? The Devs just answered my biggest Housing questions right there in that ESO Live video.

I'm satisfied. Maybe not with the answers, because no one likes to here "NO." But I'm satisfied that at leave my questions have an answer.

And here comes zos’ biggest white knight.

Big whoop they answered 3 questions, what about the other housing questions people asked? What about all the housing threads that ZoS doesn’t even bother looking at other than to search for rule breaking? How bout answers that don’t require forcing people to watch a Twitch or YT vid for 30 mins before getting the answer?

It’s not that we disagree with the prioritising or even the answer (I disagree with the frostvault house for example because pretty sure people want more gold houses not limited time crown only) it’s that they flat out don’t communicate with us in any meaningful way, and that is no act! Just look at this forum yourself, visit each section tell me how far you have to go for a ZoS response that’s not a mod action in each one. (You may need to go through more pages in other sections but other sections are more active so 2 weeks could be page 2 in housing, page 20 in general discussion, look at the dates instead)

Look they wanna say “we have other priorities at this time” then they should come out and say it instead of hiding behind moderator abuse of power. That is all the people here want, we want to know that they have listened to us, we want to stop feeling ignored.

S.A.96

I really don't know what to say to you.

I only had to watch 4 minutes of the video, since the first poster helpfully noted where the answers started. (And hey, you don't even have to do that - I prefer text myself, so I wrote out more or less what the Devs said.)

And you are goalposts moving.

"They don't communicate with us in any meaningful way."

*points at ESO Live, where the Devs answered the 3 Housing questions they say they see a lot*

"Oh, that's not meaningful because they don't reply to us on the forums. And they didn't answer every question.

You can dismiss me as a white knight, if you like. I'll be blunt in return.

I think you've set yourself up for disappointment by expecting the Devs to communicate on your terms and not theirs. You've got a definition of "any meaningful communication" that includes forum comments but doesn't include ESO Live, and so I don't expect you to ever be satisfied.

My definition of "silence vs meaningful communication" does include ESO Live, so as I said, I'm satisfied to have gotten answers to those three questions. Not incredibly satisfied with the answers (though I'll grant that visiting homes is a reasonable limiter on performance), but satisfied that there are answers.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 14, 2019 4:53PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO Live April 26, 2019
    Systems Designer Cullen Lee talked about the new house with Elsweyr and at 17:00 apprx he answers questions like more slots, etc.

I'm starting to question whether some of the players in this thread have actually listened to it.

I mean, its one thing to say "I disagree with the Devs' decisions and priorities and they should listen to me instead!" But its a whole 'nother thing to act like there's no communication.

These won't be an exact transcript, but close enough, starting at 17:00 to about 21:00

The Devs were discussing the FREE House, obtained through running Elsweyr content.

Item Slots - "One of people's biggest concerns. They are there for performance reasons. We really can't go above current limits right now. We've selected current limits to give people a balance between the different objects you might want to place in your home, and its really important to us that - even if maybe your rig would work at a higher count - that anyone who's playing hte game could still go into your house and have a good experience. Its really important to us that the community can share in that way. So that's the reason for the imits being the way they are right now."

*Devs discuss how players see the Crafting bag and think that because they can make it for one thing, "Why can't you just make it?"*
    "The problem with Furnishings, gear or other things like them [video breaks up for me] *begins discussing how 4000 iron ore can just stack up * [video breaks up again for me]

New Life Snow Globe was partly in response to this demand, where its a Medium home that they gave the slot limit of a Large home.

"So we are trying to fulfill those desires. We know that they're there and we are paying attention."

Like I said, if you want to disagree with the Devs priorities or the way they've gone about trying to answer some of your concerns, go right ahead. But for me? The Devs just answered my biggest Housing questions right there in that ESO Live video.

I'm satisfied. Maybe not with the answers, because no one likes to here "NO." But I'm satisfied that at leave my questions have an answer.

Yes, thank you @wenchmore420b14_ESO for posting the actual video. I confess to not having seen it, as I don't do YouTube and generally don't prefer watching videos to reading. That said, I did watch this and can say that the dev comment was more about why the limit is there and that they don't have any plans to increase that limit at this time. And not that it's too much work. Well, I assume it would be a lot of work, but I understand trying to aim for consistency of experience. Plus, it's interesting to note that he largely kept his comment to PCs, where there is a good deal of variety in performance and that they've gone with a low common denominator to help keep that experience even across PC rigs. Now, of course, one can argue that the limit is also low due to consoles, which I don't disagree with, but they've clearly taken lower-end PCs into account when setting the limit.

I am fine with that response, but I'm still not fine with the relative lack of communication from ZOS. At least for me, an acknowledgement to some of these threads that they recognize our passion for housing but don't have anything to announce right now, would be encouraging. As would having a sticky thread or two at the top to capture our suggestions in one place, rather than multiple threads that keep popping up and getting buried. Maybe even a showcase thread.

I disagree with his assessment about the fact that they are addressing our desires for smaller homes with the gimmick homes of the Chasm and the Snow Globe. I sincerely hope that other smaller homes on the horizon are actual homes and not some gimmick. And, yeah...the Lunar Champion home is free, and I'm glad they are offering us a free home, but it's just not a house to me and I won't be bothering to decorate it. I tried decorating the free Villa they gave us, but quickly lost interest - it's just too big.

So, it looks like I'll have to settle for this video for the time being. It does address the slot limit, but I hope they take our ideas to heart on how to alleviate it - with clutter items, building/structure items, smaller homes, and even instanced areas within the larger homes (the Lunar Champion home would have been ideal for this). Also, I hope that more functionality is coming, as just decorating a home isn't enough for me any more. Sure, I can store things there, but I can't do writs there to utilize the crafting areas I created or anything else really in my home. No reason to leave my characters in the homes I created for them, since they just have to encounter load screens to do anything. Even free porting from our homes to a wayshrine would go a long way. But, I'm sure they'll monetize that with wayshrine furnishings.

ETA - I quoted VaranisArano's post since he included a transcript.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 14, 2019 4:59PM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Live April 26, 2019

And here comes zos’ biggest white knight.

Big whoop they answered 3 questions, what about the other housing questions people asked? What about all the housing threads that ZoS doesn’t even bother looking at other than to search for rule breaking? How bout answers that don’t require forcing people to watch a Twitch or YT vid for 30 mins before getting the answer?

It’s not that we disagree with the prioritising or even the answer (I disagree with the frostvault house for example because pretty sure people want more gold houses not limited time crown only) it’s that they flat out don’t communicate with us in any meaningful way, and that is no act! Just look at this forum yourself, visit each section tell me how far you have to go for a ZoS response that’s not a mod action in each one. (You may need to go through more pages in other sections but other sections are more active so 2 weeks could be page 2 in housing, page 20 in general discussion, look at the dates instead)

Look they wanna say “we have other priorities at this time” then they should come out and say it instead of hiding behind moderator abuse of power. That is all the people here want, we want to know that they have listened to us, we want to stop feeling ignored.

S.A.96

I really don't know what to say to you.

I only had to watch 4 minutes of the video, since the first poster helpfully noted where the answers started.

And you are goalposts moving.

"They don't communicate with us in any meaningful way."

*points at ESO Live, where the Devs answered the 3 Housing questions they say they see a lot*

"Oh, that's not meaningful because they don't reply to us on the forums. And they didn't answer every question.

You can dismiss me as a white knight, if you like. I'll be blunt in return.

I think you've set yourself up for disappointment by expecting the Devs to communicate on your terms and not theirs. You've got a definition of "any meaningful communication" that includes forum comments but doesn't include ESO Live, and so I don't expect you to ever be satisfied.

My definition of "silence vs meaningful communication" does include ESO Live, so as I said, I'm satisfied to have gotten answers to those three questions. Not incredibly satisfied with the answers (though I'll grant that visiting homes is a reasonable limiter on performance), but satisfied that there are answers.

My goalposts moving? Are you blind? Every single one of my posts I have said the same thing, it’s not my fault your too brainwashed to see ZoS shameful customer relations.

Again with the stream; big whoop they answered 3 and only 3 questions, where are the answers to the other questions people asked?
    Again, why should people be forced to watch a stream for an answer?
    Hell even with the streams, when is housing going to get a Q and A stream? As I just mentioned 3 questions isn’t enough!

You can be a blind white knight all you want, fact is this community is completely ignored. As others can tell you I’m not the only one that feels this way. 👍🏻
    You can continue arguing all you want, just gonna keep repeating the same points right back 👍🏻

P.s they also only answered those 3 questions pathetically I might add, because the housing community were sick of the silence and overran the twitch thread with housing questions. If that doesn’t tell you that they don’t want to talk to this community I don’t know what will!
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on May 14, 2019 4:57PM
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    What's with all the foot stomping and wailing in here lately? I keep reading posts with we and us .... you don't represent the housing community .... there are about 5 of you and you keep making the same points over and over again.

I know plenty of happy members of the housing community, have any of you unhappy members tried emailing the community managers?

I think a bigger issue with the housing community is that many members don't use these forums and have instead moved onto Discord, which makes the community seem less active than other busy areas of the forums.

I would imagine ZOS monitor the happiness of the community based on house and furniture sales, I'm going to speculate that they are more than happy with the data.

I read most of the posts in this section but I'm becoming less inclined to do so, it used to be a happy and interesting section that is sadly changing for the worse.

Shoot me down, keep moaning ... I don't care. I hope some of you can eventually rekindle your love of housing but I felt the need the express that some of us do not share your displeasure.

• VioletCyrodiil
    Enough fighting. Enough. It is not helping this thread.

This post was made simply for one reason: I noticed a lot of legitimate concerns within this community, a lot of concerns I share myself. But what bothers me, well and truly, is the silence we still get other than moderation.Even if it was another negative answer at this point, I would take it.
    PC [NA]
    ---
    Raami-ko - Khajiit - Templar - AD
    J'Ranjii - Khajiit - Sorcerer - AD
    Taleel-Aryn - Argonian - Warden - EP
    Varys Aryn - Dunmer - Nightblade - EP
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be funny if everyone edited their posts into 'please notice me sempai' memes. Would get the same results while being infinitely funnier.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's with all the foot stomping and wailing in here lately? I keep reading posts with we and us .... you don't represent the housing community .... there are about 5 of you and you keep making the same points over and over again.

I know plenty of happy members of the housing community, have any of you unhappy members tried emailing the community managers?

I think a bigger issue with the housing community is that many members don't use these forums and have instead moved onto Discord, which makes the community seem less active than other busy areas of the forums.

I would imagine ZOS monitor the happiness of the community based on house and furniture sales, I'm going to speculate that they are more than happy with the data.

I read most of the posts in this section but I'm becoming less inclined to do so, it used to be a happy and interesting section that is sadly changing for the worse.

Shoot me down, keep moaning ... I don't care. I hope some of you can eventually rekindle your love of housing but I felt the need the express that some of us do not share your displeasure.

[removed baiting comment]

There’s a group of us with the same opinion ergo “We” and “us” are appropriate to use. Also you didn’t see the poll thread ZoS closed asking if anyone thought they were doing a good job, quite a lot of votes for no.

Yes several of us have tried several ways of reaching out to ZoS community staff in nice ways. Not even a look in.
    Enough fighting. Enough. It is not helping this thread.

This post was made simply for one reason: I noticed a lot of legitimate concerns within this community, a lot of concerns I share myself. But what bothers me, well and truly, is the silence we still get other than moderation.Even if it was another negative answer at this point, I would take it.

My apologies VioletCyrodiil, I promise that this will be my last post concerning this thread.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 14, 2019 7:22PM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want you all to know that I too would love smaller homes to decorate and more housing slots would be usefull afcourse.
    Anyone who is really into housing can appreciate those things.

I have seen zos give us furniture items that people asked for like towels, a big bath, fireplaces, a cooking fire, display cabinets,
    They also created the boat house so many players were asking for. It takes time but they do implement our ideas into the game.

Im genuinely sorry for your frustration. Im not here to make enemies. I have faith that housing will get more attention in the future. In the meantime it doesn't hurt to do the best with what we do have which is a lot imo.

Also please note that not everyone pays a sub. In fact many players dont have eso plus. I personally cant understand how they play withought that huge craft bag but they do. So zos need to make money from their crown store to pay their huge team of employees. So many players complain about zos being greedy and yet they want to play for free. Im not saying you guys are like that ok but plenty are. I hear it often.

Anyway im not here to upset anyone,we all have one thing in common, we enjoy eso.

Edited by wishlist14 on May 15, 2019 10:11PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I don't understand why you all feel ignored, its not as if our devs are not creating any housing content.

I see so many awesome developments and improvements to our housing aswell as gorgeous new furnishings and furniture recipes coming up in the new Elsweyr chapter and yet you all don't seem to appreciate it.All I read about is complaints and not many compliments at all. Did you guys not view the stunning Elsweyr homes? And the fine quality detail and love that went into all those stunning furnishings brings tears to my eyes.

Also zos devs do not comment on all issues, they choose areas that need their urgent atteantion and tend to focus on that.

I feel that zos have a long term plan and they follow that and now and then they add things here and there that players ask for or suggest.
    Recently one of our devs posted a thread where we could suggest items that we would like to see as rewards for being eso plus members.
    There was also a post about item ideas for our crown store. This is all direct communication with us, the forums community. It not have been directly aimed at the housing but neither was it directly aimed at the werewolf community. They don't even have their own forums section.😢

Yes there is a strong housing community in eso but we embrace the game as a whole so personally I don't feel im being ignored. Im an eso player not just a house dweller. Do you all get my point here?

I've been enjoying housing since day 1 and still going strong .......🌻🐝
    Not sure if you're aware, but Elsweyr is an expansion that costs 40-60 dollars. If they follow their usual patterns then one house and inn will be obtainable ingame (HotLC is obtained through gameplay) and one house will be crowns only (probably Jode's Embrace). So forgive me if I'm not impressed that paid content contains content. :tongue:

And I don't know how much time you spent 'appreciating' the new houses that you seem to praise, because I spent several hours on the PTS and I don't 'appreciate' bugged windows at all. We complained about broken windows in Princely Dawnlight Palace, they ignored that and kept it that way. They do the same thing in Elsweyr now. The image below is what daytime looks like in a sunny warm Elsweyr inn. The windows are clearly bugged, it's darker in there than a dark elf house in a dim zone full of volcanic ashstroms for crying out loud.
    ngj7ypvnvlyi.png

Many of the new furnishings were also quite visibly low-rez, and they didn't add any new gold blueprints to the writ vendor as they did before. We also have no way to purchase CWC, Summerset, and Elsweyr patterns from the writ merchant as we did with Vvardenfell ones. The lighting of Elsweyr interiors, not just player houses, is generally a failure.

We're aware that devs don't comment on all issues, but choose areas that need their urgent attention. What we don't understand is why they don't consider housing worth their attention when they charge hundreds of dollars for it. How much do werewolf players have to pay to be a werewolf? Nothing. How much do players need to pay before they can enter battlegrounds or cyrodill? Nothing. How much do houses cost? 10k+ crowns on average. The pricetag and the level of attention are completely disconnected.

Cyro gets update after update but all we got in over a year was a feature that addons did already (and more), or the same oversized bugged-windowed dark and ill-designed crown-exclusive manor interiors that we have to pay for to have access to anyway. Housing players are regularly charged dozens of thousands of crowns for exlusive limited time houses, and we also need to be ESO+ subs if we want to furnish them to their maximum limit which is already not enough, and they add crown-exclusive furniture bundles while they make style mats and epic blueprints harder and harder to get.

Players generally don't like limited time crown-exclusive houses. Players generally don't like oversized houses because of the item limit. Players generally don't like having a house with no internal divisions so it's unfit for creating rooms, or needs a ton of furnishing slots to build custom divisions in. Players generally don't like dark houses that need over a 100 slots just to light, and even then very dimly because most lamps have very small areas of illumination. But they keep doing it, as seen with the door-less Arena home or the unlit giant halls of Jode's Embrace.

So sure we could be praising the hairbrush that they added (and I did btw on the PTS housing feedback section) or we could address the recurring problems that keep happening and ruining housing without any indication for improvement. Let's play 'Spot the Redguard'. Do you see him? Or did he completely blend into the dark background in this daytime Elsweyr tavern? So thanks, but this is what brings tears to my eyes, and not in a good way by a long shot. unlklxnd21eu.png
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @bluebird your last post is too long to quote, but I agree with every word it contains.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird you have my agreement too.

You have expressed so many things that we find unacceptable in that these mistakes are repeated time and time again....and if we wish to continue having homes, we are expected to pay for it all through the nose, but not complain without risking sanctions..

You have mentioned a lot of the issues that upset us, but the list goes on and on.

And apart from one post a couple of days ago by a moderator wielding the mod bat, silence as ever.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The limits suck, but there's ways around them too. Just because some people are bored with housing now doesn't mean everyone is. I'd love nothing more than for the PLAYER cap to increase--all houses should at least fit 24 but 24 is way too small for guild housing especially when other MMOs allow 50-100 in houses.

But the item cap? It stinks, sure, but it's also workable. You just have to be willing to work with the system and not against it. I generally close off parts of my manors and only focus on decorating a few areas. It makes for a better experience.

I used to be super hard on the "MORE ITEM SLOTS OR ELSE" bandwagon until I literally broke my Erstwhile Sanctuary. The lights stopped showing up as on for me and everything would get horribly bugged in there since I packed too many items with effects, like lights, into too small a space.

I choose to accept that the hardware they're using is pretty awful and can't handle more rather than being angry all the time.
    Edited by bellatrixed on May 15, 2019 10:18AM
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think houses in ESO should have different furnishing cap, dependent on their size, rather than "status". Take The Ample Domicile for example. It is realtively small and yet it has 200 furniture cap. Other classic home for example - Mournoth Keep is twice as big and also has 200 furniture cap. And More expensive house that are often 5x - 10x bigger have 350 furnishing slots... That is very inconsitant. House imho should all have indyvidual furnishing caps something like furnishings / m².

Crown houses are different story as they are ussualy extremly expensive (crowns only... A LOT of them :D ) , and the fact that they dont have increased furniture cap "build in"... It is just a huge ripoff tbh.

(Not going to mention ESO+ here, especially for crown houses. For many it is not the matter of money. It is simply a matter of convenience. Yes - subscription based model is simply not atractive for ppl, despite them heaving the money for it).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 15, 2019 10:58AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After watching the ESO Live video (and not just going by what other players said that they said), I'm guardedly optimistic that changes will happen. The housing dev answered what he said were the three questions/concerns that they see most often - so that indicates to me that they are lurking here, or at least getting feedback from the community managers. A lack of any response here in the forums, however, still puzzles me.

I am going to hope that they are genuine when they say they will give us smaller homes. I am hopeful that they will take our suggestions to heart regarding ways to alleviate the item slot limit (more structure/building items, more clutter items, and the aforementioned smaller homes).

I am also going to hope, though I think this is really not going to happen, that we'll get more functionality to our homes. More reasons to actually be in them and not just decorate and move on to the next project. I wanted to create homes for each of my characters, but there is absolutely no reason to log my characters on/off in them. Guildhall functionality would also be great and I think is really needed.

And to those saying that we shouldn't complain or voice any of our concerns, we truly have these concerns. We are truly disappointed with housing. That you are completely happy with it doesn't (1) mean that there aren't problems, or (2) that everyone except for 5 people are completely fine and dandy with it, or (3) that we should all drink the Kool-Aid and just gush about housing from now on.

Even with my guarded optimism, I'm still disappointed and unhappy with housing, mainly because it's just decorating the houses - there's no real functionality or reason to them other than storage. I hope that changes. But a large part of the housing community seems to really only care about showing off their latest creation and moving on to the next. But there are those of us who actually wanted to create homes for our characters. Homes that we could use.

And I think most can agree that guildhall functionality is severely lacking. Then, there are the workarounds we've had to come up with, even resorting to blocking off parts of our homes, so that we can make the rest of it work, simply because they decided to create monstrous homes that really need a higher item limit, which they can't give us due to limitations. If these homes weren't so ridiculously large AND DARK, item limits would be less of an issue. Yes, we can be creative and come up with workarounds, but part of the problem is that most of the CS-only homes have been overly large.

New furnishings are always great, but I wish there was more to housing than just new furnishings to put in homes that don't have enough slots and have no real function other than storage.

I think this thread, and others (even the ones that were closed) serve a purpose to help keep these issues in the devs' minds. I think it's important to express disappointment/frustration and to also offer suggestions/solutions, which many of us have since Homestead launched. Some of them have been implemented, but we still have a ways to go, esp. in regard to guildhalls.

I also think that implementing our ideas or addressing concerns does take time. They may have already begun creating smaller homes, but we may not see them until much later due to the way the development process works and the pipeline they've set up for the CS.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @VioletCyrodiil Sorry...I realize I kinda went off topic there with my last post. The main point of this thread is that we'd appreciate more communication from ZOS.

But, ZOS appears to only want to lurk in this forum. So, I'm going to make a suggestion to ZOS.

Create a sticky thread (or threads) at the top of the housing forum, asking for our suggestions. You have 2 in the Crown Store Forum - one for ESO Plus suggestions and another for CS ideas.

It would be great if we had at least one in this forum where we can suggest our housing ideas. Yes, we've suggested plenty over the years, but the threads are many and varied and get easily buried. If we had a thread at the top, that would help you to keep most of our ideas in one place (people will still post their own threads, as they do in the CS forum) and will help us provide suggestions and feel like we're being heard.

Maybe even another thread - a showcase thread. Or, you could drill down if you wanted and have a thread for furnishing ideas, homes we'd like to see, and suggestions for new functionality/systems. That might be too much, though, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

The other suggestion, and one that several others have already offered, is to have a housing rep. Or, bring back a community manager who would post from time to time in various threads - usually a showcase thread or an ideas thread.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have seen zos give us furniture items that people asked for like towels, a big bath, fireplaces, a cooking fire, display cabinets,
    They also created the boat house so many players were asking for. It takes time but they do implement our ideas into the game.

Cooking fire: Limited time, crown exclusive furnishing pack
    Big bath (assuming the two person tub): Limited time, crown exclusive furnishing pack
    Boat house: Limited time, crown exclusive and made ridiculously huge with the addition of a lot of unnecessary real estate

I don't mean this personally - but that's the pattern. On the rare occasion ZOS "gives" us the things we want - it's like that.
    Edited by anadandy on May 15, 2019 6:15PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

Big bath (assuming the two person tub): Limited time, crown exclusive furnishing pack
    Boat house: Limited time, crown exclusive and made ridiculously huge with the addition of a lot of unnecessary real estate

I don't mean this personally - but that's the pattern. On the rare occasion ZOS "gives" us the things we want - it's like that.

That's a good point. A lot of the time, when we ask for new things, it's just put in the CS. Not all, certainly, but the highly requested ones are. Or are made not to function like we wanted, like the Hlaalu Chiminea.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs must be living in all of them...
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

That's a good point. A lot of the time, when we ask for new things, it's just put in the CS. Not all, certainly, but the highly requested ones are. Or are made not to function like we wanted, like the Hlaalu Chiminea.

And again - we want more small/medium homes - Frostsvault Chasm was given as the answer to that in the ESO Live.

Crown exclusive, limited time. So like one step forward, two steps back.

I think the witch's hut was the last right move they made - a decent sized home, available in game for some effort and a reasonable amount of gold - and also in the crown store for those who roll that way. It was the perfect implementation, in my opinion. I had honestly hoped they would go the same way for that snow globe house but alas, earwax.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (regarding the video from min 17:00)

Poor response... we know that already, no increase of item cap due to performance limitations, medium houses like the snowglobe and dwemer frosty ruin

What about the items we keep asking for years? Items that are already in the game!?

So the item cap can't be increased, then how about adding the clutter items we keep asking, which will help with the item count? Like filled bookcases, planters, food dishes, piles of books and scrolls, stairs, filled shelves or cabinets, small tents, etc - all in different styles, not only the new expansion or DLC! Most of these things are already in the game, there are so many threads with pictures with these requests! I think this is the easiest way to "solve" the item cap. Most of us are running out of slots because we want to arrange clutter or create structures which require many many small items. Why don't you allow us to use these items that for the most part, are already in the game for years!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    I dont even see the point of having catagories in the furniture. there is 100 slots in a few of my houses that is unused. Why? because I could care less about busts and trophies. Heres an idea make it all the same a slot pure and simple. let me use the total slots how I want.I did pay for the thing didnt I? anyways weapon and armor racks that are attuned to a set would be something that would be awesome for easing up storage. once its attuned its bound and can only store that gear. total slots of even 10-14 itmes would be great.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry guys, theyve obviously listened to our feedback with Elsweyr, thats why they gavr us more giant unfillable houses and a $60 training dummy. Thats exactly what we all wanted right?
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont worry guys, theyve obviously listened to our feedback with Elsweyr, thats why they gavr us more giant unfillable houses and a $60 training dummy. Thats exactly what we all wanted right?

If I'm not mistaken, the last 3 houses released were Arena, Frostvault and Snowglobe. 2 out of 3 were medium.
    Elsweyr will have 3. One large, one small and ... one free.
    I'm not saying more wouldn't be better. Cullen Lee acknowledged that we wanted more medium homes and said they are working toward this.
    Even without this, by the time Jodes is released, the most recent tally will be;
    1 small
    2 medium
    2 large
    1 free
    I think that if we want better communication and interaction with devs, we need to acknowledge when they are moving in the right direction and not just offer nothing but unbalanced criticism.
    I'm not white-knighting here, god knows I've been critical when it comes to housing, but we need to be balanced and reasonable. Making sarcastic comments about them not bringing out medium houses is, I believe, not a good approach to encouraging better dialogue with devs. Especially when it blatantly ignores the fact that they have been a releasing a balanced selection of different house sizes lately.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken, the last 3 houses released were Arena, Frostvault and Snowglobe. 2 out of 3 were medium.
    I'm not saying more wouldn't be better. Cullen Lee acknowledged that we wanted more medium homes and said they are working toward this.
    Even without this, by the time Jodes is released, the most recent tally will be;
    1 small
    2 medium
    2 large
    1 free
    I think that if we want better communication and interaction with devs, we need to acknowledge when they are moving in the right direction and not just offer nothing but unbalanced criticism.
    I'm not white-knighting here, god knows I've been critical when it comes to housing, but we need to be balanced and reasonable. Making sarcastic comments about them not bringing out medium houses is, I believe, not a good approach to encouraging better dialogue with devs. Especially when it blatantly ignores the fact that they have been a releasing a balanced selection of different house sizes lately.

2 medium limited time crown only houses are specifically what everyone asked them not to do lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1 small
    2 medium
    2 large
    1 free

2 medium limited time crown only houses are specifically what everyone asked them not to do lol

Asking ZOS not to put new stuff in the crown store for a limited time is a little like me asking for them to make all the Crown Crate items for sale in the store for crowns.

I'd love it if it happened. I'm still going to keep asking.

But I'm not surprised that ZOS' monetization people don't listen to me.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I appreciate that technically ZOS is providing what we asked for - more small and medium homes. They are not really listening to what is being asked for.

Most requests for small/medium homes are for "normal" homes - like the farm houses in Summerset, or some of the locked up homes in Balmora, or the Nibenese Imperial style small homes in Coldharbor/Gold Coast. Easy asset flips.

And if they have to be crown exclusive, can they at least not be limited time grab 'em now or hope they come back some day crown store? Even if they were featured for an entire month would be better than a four day land rush.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I appreciate that technically ZOS is providing what we asked for - more small and medium homes. They are not really listening to what is being asked for.

Most requests for small/medium homes are for "normal" homes - like the farm houses in Summerset, or some of the locked up homes in Balmora, or the Nibenese Imperial style small homes in Coldharbor/Gold Coast. Easy asset flips.

And if they have to be crown exclusive, can they at least not be limited time grab 'em now or hope they come back some day crown store? Even if they were featured for an entire month would be better than a four day land rush.

Also this^ People want homes not magic sparkley holiday gimmicks that make no sense 330 days out of the year
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1 small
    2 medium
    2 large
    1 free

Fair comment in truth. Yes they have given us more small and medium homes but making them limited time crown only kind of negates any of the advances they make in giving us what we are asking for.
    I think that a great way to inject fresh life back into the housing system would be to do a second launch of small & medium homes available for in game gold and also a second wave of furniture items (craftable). I would love to see this as a DLC. I would happily give up a DLC dungeon next year to get another housing dlc
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that a great way to inject fresh life back into the housing system would be to do a second launch of small & medium homes available for in game gold and also a second wave of furniture items (craftable). I would love to see this as a DLC. I would happily give up a DLC dungeon next year to get another housing dlc

I would drop money on that DLC in a heartbeat
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, there seems to be a lot of concern and misconception about the closure of several housing threads. We'd like to clarify that creating threads that simply bash the dev team and are not constructive in any way are not permitted. In addition, threads or posts that are discussing moderation action are also not permitted.

These rules have always been pillars in our community forum guidelines and we uphold them across all topics discussed on the ESO forums.

We hope everyone understands that they are free to discuss their opinion on housing suggestions or changes, as long as the conversation can remain constructive and civil. This means suggestions or critiques are provided without personal insults directed at either the dev team or other community members who may not share your opinion. If you ever have a question related to forum moderation, we encourage you to reach out to a moderator for clarification on an action that was taken. We are more than happy to discuss it with you.

How about someone on your staff engage the community in actual dialogue regarding the problem, instead of just saying "be nice". Making paying customers feel like their complaints and concerns aren't important is the easiest way to lose those customers.