Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

ZoS - Why the silence on housing?

VioletCyrodiil
Simply put, it feels like we are being ignored and shut down on certain threads... we just want some answers, one way or the other.

I'm not here to demean anyone or incite anything against the devs. We just want some feedback on the matter. Even if you have absolutely no plans to make improvements to housing, we would absolutely love to at least hear that from you, because it would mean that you are willing to communicate on the matter.
PC [NA]
---
Raami-ko - Khajiit - Templar - AD
J'Ranjii - Khajiit - Sorcerer - AD
Taleel-Aryn - Argonian - Warden - EP
Varys Aryn - Dunmer - Nightblade - EP
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All weve been asking for is the same level of communication that other subforums get. Why is that so hard?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'The ability to communicate effectively is a respected skill and listening is the key to communication'. (Yvonne Wichtner-Zoia, Michigan State University)

Communication, effective or otherwise, isn't one of ZOS' strong points.

To be honest the other subforums don't get a lot of dev interaction either, but the housing subforum is far worse off and suffers from negligible TLC. Unless you count moderation as TLC, in which case we seem to be doing pretty well.

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea. All we want are simple responses, we don’t care if the response shoots down our suggestions and ideas outright, we just want the response. We wouldn’t be so outspoken right now if ZoS actually looked at our suggestions and ideas and gave a simple “sounds cool, we’ll look into it” or a simple “unfortunately this is not something we have plans for at this time”

S.A.96
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simply put, it feels like we are being ignored and shut down on certain threads... we just want some answers, one way or the other.

I'm not here to demean anyone or incite anything against the devs. We just want some feedback on the matter. Even if you have absolutely no plans to make improvements to housing, we would absolutely love to at least hear that from you, because it would mean that you are willing to communicate on the matter.

I'm beginning to suspect that this is the answer, and of course, they don't want to say that. I doubt any of us would be happy with that answer, even if it is communication from them, because we obviously don't want ZOS to be finished with housing (though they would continue to do asset flips). And, if that is the answer, then they know that if we know it, we'll lose what little interest we might still have in housing and move on, which means lost revenue. If they keep us hoping and hanging on, then we may continue to invest in future possibilities.

I hope I'm wrong, but this zero communication is getting more and more suspicious. Or, perhaps they aren't ready to say anything on what they're working on, since plans can change, and they don't want to have to retract any statements.

ETA: I had high hopes in January when they started hyping the Season of the Dragon and all the stuff they were going to do to celebrate 5 years. I thought...surely they'll add some cool new features to housing and give us some cool new gold-purchasable houses (like a house in the Hollow City). Instead, we got hype about an overarching story (which they've done before), a new class (which they've done before, although many players have long wanted necromancer), and a monstrous free "home" (which I would trade in a heartbeat for a small house in the Hollow City, or a cozy cottage in Eastmarch, or an apartment in Balmora, or a small home in Orsinium, or...).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 8, 2019 5:43PM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I'm beginning to suspect that this is the answer, and of course, they don't want to say that. I doubt any of us would be happy with that answer, even if it is communication from them, because we obviously don't want ZOS to be finished with housing (though they would continue to do asset flips). And, if that is the answer, then they know that if we know it, we'll lose what little interest we might still have in housing and move on, which means lost revenue. If they keep us hoping and hanging on, then we may continue to invest in future possibilities.

I hope I'm wrong, but this zero communication is getting more and more suspicious. Or, perhaps they aren't ready to say anything on what they're working on, since plans can change, and they don't want to have to retract any statements.

ETA: I had high hopes in January when they started hyping the Season of the Dragon and all the stuff they were going to do to celebrate 5 years. I thought...surely they'll add some cool new features to housing and give us some cool new gold-purchasable houses (like a house in the Hollow City). Instead, we got hype about an overarching story (which they've done before), a new class (which they've done before, although many players have long wanted necromancer), and a monstrous free "home" (which I would trade in a heartbeat for a small house in the Hollow City, or a cozy cottage in Eastmarch, or an apartment in Balmora, or a small home in Orsinium, or...).

Probably true, but either way they’re starting to lose the housing community, only so long we can go without communication.
    As evidenced by these recent threads, that time has come, we’ve had enough of the silence, so if the answer is that they have zero plans for it, so be it. Let us move on to other things until a time they do have plans for it.
    It’d actually be nice to have a dev response for once even if not the answer many of us hoped for.

I’ve given up hope for weapon and armor furnishings at this point. We can have dead bodies but weapons, armor, racks and mannequins are over the line it seems for zenimax. (The assests already exist in game too). Poll I started over a year ago in January 2018:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390518/should-eso-have-weapons-amp-armor-furnishings/p1

219 votes, 1 was no and even then the person who clicked no admitted they’d misclicked so really 209 said yes and 10 said maybe with 0 saying no and still ZoS never commented, they never even looked at the thread.

In fact I’ve lost all hope for anything house related after Elsweyr’s furnishings go live on the live server 😔 no size upgrades, no equipment furnishings, no dev responses.

S.A.96

P.s. despite my hopes running out, my voice stands with the people in these recent threads, we will not be silenced until we get simple communication from ZoS
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Probably true, but either way they’re starting to lose the housing community, only so long we can go without communication.
    As evidenced by these recent threads, that time has come, we’ve had enough of the silence, so if the answer is that they have zero plans for it, so be it. Let us move on to other things until a time they do have plans for it.
    It’d actually be nice to have a dev response for once even if not the answer many of us hoped for.

I’ve given up hope for weapon and armor furnishings at this point. We can have dead bodies but weapons, armor, racks and mannequins are over the line it seems for zenimax. (The assests already exist in game too). Poll I started over a year ago in January 2018:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390518/should-eso-have-weapons-amp-armor-furnishings/p1

219 votes, 1 was no and even then the person who clicked no admitted they’d misclicked so really 209 said yes and 10 said maybe with 0 saying no and still ZoS never commented, they never even looked at the thread.

In fact I’ve lost all hope for anything house related after Elsweyr’s furnishings go live on the live server 😔 no size upgrades, no equipment furnishings, no dev responses.

S.A.96

P.s. despite my hopes running out, my voice stands with the people in these recent threads, we will not be silenced until we get simple communication from ZoS

Agreed. I've given up on any additional functionality being added to housing. Given up on my dreams when Homestead launched of each of my characters having their own homes that I would log them on/off in, and where they could do their crafting writs. Too many load screens prevent that. Now, they're back to just being parked by the writ board. Nevermind that they have beautiful homes with lovely crafting areas that I made for them.

I used to love coming to the Housing forum. So many people posted decorating ideas, WIPs, and finished projects. Now, it's just players asking for a dev response, asking for some new feature (which won't be implemented), or all the things you can do on PC with RK's spectacular add-ons. Why he isn't in charge of their housing team, I don't know. I suppose a lot of why they aren't doing what he is has to do with consoles.

Anyway. Coming here now makes me more depressed than anything.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 8, 2019 6:37PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's quite extraordinary. Really.

You may have read my post in another thread about whether this might all have anything to do with ZOS developing a new game (and thus shifting their priorities). But to recap, if this is so, maybe it's easier for them to slow down progression, improvements and fixes in ESO, and simply ignore us so that they do not have to explain themselves?

But all said and done, some basic communication would actually get us off their backs. You might imagine that they would like that.

Shadow_Akula they most certainly saw the weapons and armour furnishings thread....because if nothing else their moderators check every post for violations. So they don't even have that flimsy excuse.

I am at a loss to understand WHY they will not communicate, other than sheer bloody-mindedness.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id comment but after ZoS keep deleting my comments and threatening to ban me (apparently Im inciting action against the devs according to them) I have nothing left to say but "sad."
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id comment but after ZoS keep deleting my comments and threatening to ban me (apparently Im inciting action against the devs according to them) I have nothing left to say but "sad."

That is indeed sad, Imperial_Voice. :(

I really don't think you do any more so-called inciting than some of the rest of us in our poorly treated housing community.

If you glance at the other subforums, people there are more inciteful, outspoken and generally insulting than we are. The combat lot are a particularly vociferous bunch, and even I wonder how they get away with it at times! I also wonder if they receive messages threatening suspensions and bans as well. I expect so. We do know that a lot of their posts get deleted, and most of the moderators' comments are about that and perceived forum rule violations. No wonder they (the mods) don't have time to post anything much that we might consider positive communication.

I look at the Forum Rules now and then to check on something, and I swear they seem to get longer each time. It's as if ZOS read a new post, say 'Hey, look at this....don't think this one's covered!', and promptly rush off to write in another rule in the book :| . There doesn't appear to be a lot that we can say which doesn't constitute an infringement of some sort or another these days.....and in spite of the fact that I am trying to be as polite and factual as possible (in this post at least), there will undoubtedly be a mod scrutinizing it in an hour or so, and making a mental list of possible violations.

Now, in game I am a completely different character. I keep myself to myself, and never ever write in the chat windows. I just get on and do my own thing and play the game. But a forum is specifically there to discuss issues (good and bad), to ask and give advice, and to voice one's concerns. I certainly do not feel that the latter is welcome (as it should be), given ZOS' lack of response apart from discipline, when out of sheer frustration we become less polite and submissive than we would normally be.

Maybe we had better stick to discussing the weather. At least that is safe, if dull. ;)

Yes, sad indeed.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, housing is in a sad state of affairs. I guess this is what ZOS wanted. For us all to become as bored with housing as they seem to have become.

ETA: I suppose I'm starting to cross the line here. I'm just kinda fed up at this point.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 9, 2019 8:21PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except we are not bored. They may be bored. If we were we wouldn't still bother to post.

They have their reasons for maintaining this ridiculous silence, but unless they tell us, damned if we know what those reasons are.

Thing is, we care so much about housing that we are not going to just shut up and go away, however they may wish that.

For some of us, housing is what we play this game for. And we are not going to give up on that and go quietly.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps "bored" was not the right word, but my interest in housing is waning due to their non-communication and no idea what, if anything, they will ever do with housing outside of asset flips.

But, yes, I do still care about housing, which is why I continue to post here and in other threads, I suppose. But, disappointment is starting to set in.

I've just decided that this weekend I'm going to try and work on a housing project and see if I still find enjoyment out of decorating. If I do, then I will try to come to terms with the distinct possibility that housing won't become more functional that it is right now, and that we will have to live with item limits as they are.

We'll see how it goes.

But, ZOS, can you please give us some idea, any idea, about what's in store (or not in store) for housing?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to comment on a new thread I saw on these forums, but it seems it was removed. It was about housing feedback and the continued lack of communication... so since I can't find it anymore, I'll add my thoughts to this older thread instead.

The lack of community interaction in the housing aspect of the game is simply unacceptable. Feedback is regularly ignored and the devs don't approach us with any statements, news, reactions, plans, other than complete silence or being asked to not complain about the housing devs, or threats of being shut down if we continue to speak up. It's a pretty disappointing experience, and really bad PR.

We have been complaining for years, adding our feedback on the PTS, submitting bug reports, about recurring housing issues like houses being too large and too dark and having bugged windows that don't work. Not only did nobody go back to fix these things then, but they also keep doing the same thing in newer houses. Seeing the new Eslweyr houses with the same issues and many bugged windows that never light up makes one really wonder if anybody actually reads housing feedback at all. They keep making houses that have no doors on them, and houses that have invisible walls that block off access to a large part of the interior, so really, does anybody actually play the game at ZOS, does anybody listen to player concerns at all?

Cyro has been getting update after update, new system after new system, from destroyable structures, to artifact weapons, to a campaign rework. How many crowns do people spend in Cyrodiil, oh wait I know, none. But if people who spend literal hundreds of dollars on the housing system request (after many years of constructive feedback and unheard complaints) that they be taken seriously and be afforded the same attention that other aspects of the game get, that's unacceptable?

Housing is the most highly priced part of ESO, and many people in the housing community are wonderful people who in good faith and filled with hope poured hours and days of their time and hundreds and thousands of their money into it. We care about housing, we care about the game, we want it to be as good as it can possibly get, and we aren't even asking for much, simply to be acknowledged and not ignored, not necessarily have all our wishes implemented but at least to be heard, to be treated as valued customers that the devs care about, just as we treat housing as a valued pastime that we care about.

I trust that my complaint was worded in a civil enough fashion for me to avoid removal or censorhip crackdown. And I hope that we will finally see some changes that allow for a ZOS rep to pay attention to housing. Or was all of their budget and housing income spent on hiring Molina and getting streamers hyped about dragons, so they can't even afford one single rep to occasionally read and respond to the housing community? Come on, you need to do better.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I was about to comment on a new thread I saw on these forums, but it seems it was removed. It was about housing feedback and the continued lack of communication... so since I can't find it anymore, I'll add my thoughts to this older thread instead.

The lack of community interaction in the housing aspect of the game is simply unacceptable. Feedback is regularly ignored and the devs don't approach us with any statements, news, reactions, plans, other than complete silence or being asked to not complain about the housing devs, or threats of being shut down if we continue to speak up. It's a pretty disappointing experience, and really bad PR.

We have been complaining for years, adding our feedback on the PTS, submitting bug reports, about recurring housing issues like houses being too large and too dark and having bugged windows that don't work. Not only did nobody go back to fix these things then, but they also keep doing the same thing in newer houses. Seeing the new Eslweyr houses with the same issues and many bugged windows that never light up makes one really wonder if anybody actually reads housing feedback at all. They keep making houses that have no doors on them, and houses that have invisible walls that block off access to a large part of the interior, so really, does anybody actually play the game at ZOS, does anybody listen to player concerns at all?

Cyro has been getting update after update, new system after new system, from destroyable structures, to artifact weapons, to a campaign rework. How many crowns do people spend in Cyrodiil, oh wait I know, none. But if people who spend literal hundreds of dollars on the housing system request (after many years of constructive feedback and unheard complaints) that they be taken seriously and be afforded the same attention that other aspects of the game get, that's unacceptable?

Housing is the most highly priced part of ESO, and many people in the housing community are wonderful people who in good faith and filled with hope poured hours and days of their time and hundreds and thousands of their money into it. We care about housing, we care about the game, we want it to be as good as it can possibly get, and we aren't even asking for much, simply to be acknowledged and not ignored, not necessarily have all our wishes implemented but at least to be heard, to be treated as valued customers that the devs care about, just as we treat housing as a valued pastime that we care about.

I trust that my complaint was worded in a civil enough fashion for me to avoid removal or censorhip crackdown. And I hope that we will finally see some changes that allow for a ZOS rep to pay attention to housing. Or was all of their budget and housing income spent on hiring Molina and getting streamers hyped about dragons, so they can't even afford one single rep to occasionally read and respond to the housing community? Come on, you need to do better.

It has indeed been removed. ZoS can’t handle being called out for how they handle customer relations. [snip]

Kind of you to word your response in a civil way, however unfortunately they’ll still ignore it. We can’t win no matter what, we ask nicely, silence. We get loud, unjust moderator abuse of powers. Don’t see how simple replies are too much to ask ZoS

[Edit for discussing disciplinary action.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 14, 2019 12:02AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

It has indeed been removed. ZoS can’t handle being called out for how they handle customer relations. [snip]

Kind of you to word your response in a civil way, however unfortunately they’ll still ignore it. We can’t win no matter what, we ask nicely, silence. We get loud, unjust moderator abuse of powers. Don’t see how simple replies are too much to ask ZoS

[Edit for discussing disciplinary action.]
    Yes, it's a travesty. My restraint of words was less of a stylistic choice, and more of a necessity due to the apparently very real possibility of censorship and forum bans that have been going around lately for posts with critical feedback.

Because let us be clear: when we are discussing ZOS devs, we are well within our rights to do so. We're not talking about people, we're not making personal comments about anybody by name specifically, we're discussing their work. Housing devs are responsible for housing, the housing system and its flaws are the product of their work. We are the customers of that product that pay for that work. No company in their right mind could suggest that customers should be banned from expressing dissatisfaction with the product they are paying for. Or that they should be forced to only praise the work of people who developed a product that customers are not satisfied with.

If players feel like devs did a good job, they express their satisfaction. I do too, when I think the product is praiseworthy. But to be denied the right to discuss dissatisfaction when the product is unsatisfactory is ridiculous. ZOS has been gradually losing my respect, first by neglecting housing content, then by not listening to feedback, but far more with their response to player discussions. :disappointed:
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 14, 2019 12:03AM
  • VioletCyrodiil
    I love this game, I love the game series... but unfortunately, this entire matter has left me uneasy and especially apprehensive of the devs and the moderators.

Is there any one we can nominate as some kind of ambassador between the community and the devs? Someone trustworthy?
    PC [NA]
    ---
    Raami-ko - Khajiit - Templar - AD
    J'Ranjii - Khajiit - Sorcerer - AD
    Taleel-Aryn - Argonian - Warden - EP
    Varys Aryn - Dunmer - Nightblade - EP
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this game, I love the game series... but unfortunately, this entire matter has left me uneasy and especially apprehensive of the devs and the moderators.

Is there any one we can nominate as some kind of ambassador between the community and the devs? Someone trustworthy?

If we could nominate people, R_K would probably be best for the job
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone saw this.
    ESO Live April 26, 2019
    Systems Designer Cullen Lee talked about the new house with Elsweyr and at 17:00 apprx he answers questions like more slots, etc.
    And yes, it is not the answers we hoped for. Here's the link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiL5MzzniD4
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why you all feel ignored, its not as if our devs are not creating any housing content.

I see so many awesome developments and improvements to our housing aswell as gorgeous new furnishings and furniture recipes coming up in the new Elsweyr chapter and yet you all don't seem to appreciate it.All I read about is complaints and not many compliments at all. Did you guys not view the stunning Elsweyr homes? And the fine quality detail and love that went into all those stunning furnishings brings tears to my eyes.

Also zos devs do not comment on all issues, they choose areas that need their urgent atteantion and tend to focus on that.

I feel that zos have a long term plan and they follow that and now and then they add things here and there that players ask for or suggest.
    Recently one of our devs posted a thread where we could suggest items that we would like to see as rewards for being eso plus members.
    There was also a post about item ideas for our crown store. This is all direct communication with us, the forums community. It not have been directly aimed at the housing but neither was it directly aimed at the werewolf community. They don't even have their own forums section.😢

Yes there is a strong housing community in eso but we embrace the game as a whole so personally I don't feel im being ignored. Im an eso player not just a house dweller. Do you all get my point here?

I've been enjoying housing since day 1 and still going strong .......🌻🐝

Edited by wishlist14 on May 14, 2019 12:23PM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I don't unders6and why you all feel ignored, its not as if our devs are not creating any housing content.

I see so many awesome developments and improvements to our housing aswell as gorgeous new furnishings and furniture recipes coming up in the new Elsweyr chapter and yet you all don't seem to appreciate it.All I read about is complaints and not many compliments at all. Did you guys not view the stunning Elsweyr homes? And the fine quality detail and love that went into all those stunning furnishings brings tears to my eyes 😢

What brings more tears to my eyes are how you guys treat our devs. Who do you think created our housing in the first place ?

I know I'm going to get hate because i don't agree with your approach. There are respectful ways to ask for things and they should always be followed by patience. I had asked for the Dunmer chimenea a couple of times and I let it go. Always loved them as they reminded me of the pot belly stoves. I happened to look in the writ recipes vendors list of items recently and to my great delight there is the recipe. It made my day. I had put the idea out there as im sure many other players did too and no one pushed it. Then one day there it was. Give our devs a break, be patient and respectful, they deserve it.

I know I am very opinionated and that may grate on people but it all comes from a good place. I hope you all do get the things you want. Have a lovely evening 💜

Why do we feel ignored let’s see
    1. We ask for smaller houses and not limited time. They give us big limited time only houses (Chapter houses don’t count given there’s a full year between them!)
    2. We suggest things in here and they give no responses at all
    3. We ask for communication they ignore us, we get loud they threaten us.
    4. Every other sub-forum receives ZoS communication

We tried the respectful way, how do you white knights constantly ignore this fact?!
    Oh wait it’s cause ZoS conveniently locked or deleted all the threads asking nicely. 🤔
    The time for being nice is long over. ZoS brought this attitude on themselves - treat others how you want to be treated, since ZoS treats its customers who make up one of their biggest sources of income like ***, we treat them the same way. Their actions warrant ours, not the other way around.

And I think at this point we’d have preferred not having housing if this is how ZoS treats us

S.A.96
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on May 14, 2019 12:19PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, there seems to be a lot of concern and misconception about the closure of several housing threads. We'd like to clarify that creating threads that simply bash the dev team and are not constructive in any way are not permitted. In addition, threads or posts that are discussing moderation action are also not permitted.

These rules have always been pillars in our community forum guidelines and we uphold them across all topics discussed on the ESO forums.

We hope everyone understands that they are free to discuss their opinion on housing suggestions or changes, as long as the conversation can remain constructive and civil. This means suggestions or critiques are provided without personal insults directed at either the dev team or other community members who may not share your opinion. If you ever have a question related to forum moderation, we encourage you to reach out to a moderator for clarification on an action that was taken. We are more than happy to discuss it with you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, there seems to be a lot of concern and misconception about the closure of several housing threads. We'd like to clarify that creating threads that simply bash the dev team and are not constructive in any way are not permitted. In addition, threads or posts that are discussing moderation action are also not permitted.

These rules have always been pillars in our community forum guidelines and we uphold them across all topics discussed on the ESO forums.

We hope everyone understands that they are free to discuss their opinion on housing suggestions or changes, as long as the conversation can remain constructive and civil. This means suggestions or critiques are provided without personal insults directed at either the dev team or other community members who may not share your opinion. If you ever have a question related to forum moderation, we encourage you to reach out to a moderator for clarification on an action that was taken. We are more than happy to discuss it with you.

There’s no misconception on our side. It’s your side with the misconception. You closed 4-5 threads which asked nicely for better communication. Only the past 2 that I created was fair enough, but I was calling it as we see it.

We of the housing forum would like to clarify YOU and your fellow mods are abusing powers because you don’t want to communicate with us.

S.A.96
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on May 14, 2019 1:29PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to write a long and detailed post explaining my disappointment with housing, and especially the miniscule item slot limit. But you know, F it, I've already made plenty of those posts already, with no results to show for it.

So let me put it as simple as possible, in a language that even ZO$ understands: No increase in item slot limit = no more crown house purchases from me.

If the meager 700 item slot cannot be raised due to "performance reasons", then it is YOUR problem to fix, not mine.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »

After all this time, is this all you can come up with?

As usual it is all about moderation from your point of view. Well, this isn't what we are about. You have done nothing to answer our questions or allay our concerns.

Well done ZOS....the first communication in god knows how long, and it achieves nothing.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not as into housing as you guys but I wanted to say that I've been harping on Cyrodiil performance for years and we've seen how quickly those threads get shut down. There are a lot of people that share your pain about being ignored, threatened and lied to. That's the ZO$ model now and it's sad. Good luck guys.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    I'm not as into housing as you guys but I wanted to say that I've been harping on Cyrodiil performance for years and we've seen how quickly those threads get shut down. There are a lot of people that share your pain about being ignored, threatened and lied to. That's the ZO$ model now and it's sad. Good luck guys.

Thank you for your support, valeriiya :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Live April 26, 2019
    Systems Designer Cullen Lee talked about the new house with Elsweyr and at 17:00 apprx he answers questions like more slots, etc.

Thank you for posting the actual Dev Comments.

I'm starting to question whether some of the players in this thread have actually listened to it.

I mean, its one thing to say "I disagree with the Devs' decisions and priorities and they should listen to me instead!" But its a whole 'nother thing to act like there's no communication.

These won't be an exact transcript, but close enough, starting at 17:00 to about 21:00

The Devs were discussing the FREE House, obtained through running Elsweyr content.

"When we did the Q&A for Combat, we noticed a lot of Housing questions..."

Item Slots - "One of people's biggest concerns. They are there for performance reasons. We really can't go above current limits right now. We've selected current limits to give people a balance between the different objects you might want to place in your home, and its really important to us that - even if maybe your rig would work at a higher count - that anyone who's playing hte game could still go into your house and have a good experience. Its really important to us that the community can share in that way. So that's the reason for the imits being the way they are right now."

Furnishing Bag - "an additional thing that comes up a lot"

*Devs discuss how players see the Crafting bag and think that because they can make it for one thing, "Why can't you just make it?"*
    "The problem with Furnishings, gear or other things like them [video breaks up for me] *begins discussing how 4000 iron ore can just stack up * [video breaks up again for me]

Small, Medium, and Plot Homes - these are the most requested categories
    "We've seen a lot of requests" -> "We've been doing a lot of manors."
    There's upcoming Frost Vault Chasm - No ETA, as of the ESO Live
    New Life Snow Globe was partly in response to this demand, where its a Medium home that they gave the slot limit of a Large home.

"So we are trying to fulfill those desires. We know that they're there and we are paying attention."

Like I said, if you want to disagree with the Devs priorities or the way they've gone about trying to answer some of your concerns, go right ahead. But for me? The Devs just answered my biggest Housing questions right there in that ESO Live video.

I'm satisfied. Maybe not with the answers, because no one likes to here "NO." But I'm satisfied that at leave my questions have an answer.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 14, 2019 3:56PM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Live April 26, 2019

I'm starting to question whether some of the players in this thread have actually listened to it.

I mean, its one thing to say "I disagree with the Devs' decisions and priorities and they should listen to me instead!" But its a whole 'nother thing to act like there's no communication.

These won't be an exact transcript, but close enough, starting at 17:00 to about 21:00

The Devs were discussing the FREE House, obtained through running Elsweyr content.

Item Slots - "One of people's biggest concerns. They are there for performance reasons. We really can't go above current limits right now. We've selected current limits to give people a balance between the different objects you might want to place in your home, and its really important to us that - even if maybe your rig would work at a higher count - that anyone who's playing hte game could still go into your house and have a good experience. Its really important to us that the community can share in that way. So that's the reason for the imits being the way they are right now."

*Devs discuss how players see the Crafting bag and think that because they can make it for one thing, "Why can't you just make it?"*
    "The problem with Furnishings, gear or other things like them [video breaks up for me] *begins discussing how 4000 iron ore can just stack up * [video breaks up again for me]

New Life Snow Globe was partly in response to this demand, where its a Medium home that they gave the slot limit of a Large home.

"So we are trying to fulfill those desires. We know that they're there and we are paying attention."

Like I said, if you want to disagree with the Devs priorities or the way they've gone about trying to answer some of your concerns, go right ahead. But for me? The Devs just answered my biggest Housing questions right there in that ESO Live video.

I'm satisfied. Maybe not with the answers, because no one likes to here "NO." But I'm satisfied that at leave my questions have an answer.

[removed baiting comment]

Big whoop they answered 3 questions, what about the other housing questions people asked? What about all the housing threads that ZoS doesn’t even bother looking at other than to search for rule breaking? How bout answers that don’t require forcing people to watch a Twitch or YT vid for 30 mins before getting the answer?

It’s not that we disagree with the prioritising or even the answer (I disagree with the frostvault house for example because pretty sure people want more gold houses not limited time crown only) it’s that they flat out don’t communicate with us in any meaningful way, and that is no act! Just look at this forum yourself, visit each section tell me how far you have to go for a ZoS response that’s not a mod action in each one. (You may need to go through more pages in other sections but other sections are more active so 2 weeks could be page 2 in housing, page 20 in general discussion, look at the dates instead)

Look they wanna say “we have other priorities at this time” then they should come out and say it instead of hiding behind moderator abuse of power. That is all the people here want, we want to know that they have listened to us, we want to stop feeling ignored.

S.A.96
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 14, 2019 7:24PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I don't understand why you all feel ignored, its not as if our devs are not creating any housing content.

I see so many awesome developments and improvements to our housing aswell as gorgeous new furnishings and furniture recipes coming up in the new Elsweyr chapter and yet you all don't seem to appreciate it.All I read about is complaints and not many compliments at all. Did you guys not view the stunning Elsweyr homes? And the fine quality detail and love that went into all those stunning furnishings brings tears to my eyes.

Also zos devs do not comment on all issues, they choose areas that need their urgent atteantion and tend to focus on that.

I feel that zos have a long term plan and they follow that and now and then they add things here and there that players ask for or suggest.
    Recently one of our devs posted a thread where we could suggest items that we would like to see as rewards for being eso plus members.
    There was also a post about item ideas for our crown store. This is all direct communication with us, the forums community. It not have been directly aimed at the housing but neither was it directly aimed at the werewolf community. They don't even have their own forums section.😢

Yes there is a strong housing community in eso but we embrace the game as a whole so personally I don't feel im being ignored. Im an eso player not just a house dweller. Do you all get my point here?

I've been enjoying housing since day 1 and still going strong .......🌻🐝

@wishlist14

It's great that you're completely satisfied with housing, but many of us are not. If you're happy to continue buying oversized gimmick homes, then great. If you're happy to buy all your furnishings from the crown store, great. But not all of us want giant-sized homes that aren't actually homes, but giant caves and ruins, etc.

Many of us want small/medium homes that aren't gimmicks (like the Chasm and the Snow Globe). We want options, such as furnishing document updates, to allow us to craft our own furnishings rather than continue to grind for them in-game or buy from the CS. I'm talking about furnishings that have been in-game for almost a year or several years (Alinor, Clockwork, Dwarven, e.g.). We want more functionality.

But, this thread is really about not getting any communication from ZOS. Not even to say "Hey, we know you're passionate about housing and we read your concerns. But, we don't have anything to announce at this time." The problem is that we have posted a number of threads where the only communication from ZOS was moderation. One thread was even closed that was asking for a response.

Yes, we have a forum, but what about sticky threads at the top like they have in the CS? And, by the way, those are OLD threads, like years old and not recent. How about ZOS give us permanent places where we can make suggestions? Preferably one for houses we'd like to see, furnishings we'd like to see, and improvements/systems we'd like to see. But even just one thread at the top would show us that ZOS is actually interested in our feedback.

Also, just getting new furnishings dumped on us every update, with oversized CS houses most of the time, is getting old. We get new furnishing plans to grind for in-game and some on the luxury vendor. We have gotten housing storage and the new undo and linking features were great additions. But we asked for bards/music for our homes and they're monetizing that with music boxes that play one song, and a "plinky" version at that.

Yes, they've done some good things. But the main issue that caused the uproar was the way they handled the item limit issue. They basically said that increasing the limit was too much work and they wouldn't be doing it. Now, I understand if there are technical limitations and that they have decided not to invest the resources to fix it, but the way it was worded certainly made us feel like we aren't worth any development effort - only new furnishings to buy in the CS or grind for and asset flips of ginormous homes that are buggy/incomplete products.

Many of us were frustrated and asked for some sort of communication from ZOS as to whether there would be more to housing than what we're getting. Silence. Then, we asked for any communication at all, even if to say they hear our concerns but don't have anything to announce. Moderation.

We have ideas on how to alleviate the item limit count - smaller homes and more building blocks/structure items and more clutter items. Hopefully, ZOS will take these suggestions to heart and provide some of these solutions in future.

As for the Elsweyr homes in particular - a free inn room, plus a free expanding ruin/temple/museum type monstrosity. Then, there is a CS-only home that is basically a temple or something with a gimmick area. No, not impressed. Not when Morrowind gave us a nice medium home and a nice large home - they were houses and available for gold. Summerset just gave us a large home, but it was still a home and purchasable for gold. Elsweyr? No real homes there. Of course, I'm not talking about the free inn rooms, we still get one of those.

I think I'm entirely within my rights to express my disappointment and not just drink the Kool-Aid and say everything is fine and dandy. I do like the new furnishings, but won't bother trying to grind for the plans since I will only have a small inn room to decorate. The free monstrous ruin-thing will sit empty.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 14, 2019 4:23PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Live April 26, 2019

[removed baiting comment]

Big whoop they answered 3 questions, what about the other housing questions people asked? What about all the housing threads that ZoS doesn’t even bother looking at other than to search for rule breaking? How bout answers that don’t require forcing people to watch a Twitch or YT vid for 30 mins before getting the answer?

It’s not that we disagree with the prioritising or even the answer (I disagree with the frostvault house for example because pretty sure people want more gold houses not limited time crown only) it’s that they flat out don’t communicate with us in any meaningful way, and that is no act! Just look at this forum yourself, visit each section tell me how far you have to go for a ZoS response that’s not a mod action in each one. (You may need to go through more pages in other sections but other sections are more active so 2 weeks could be page 2 in housing, page 20 in general discussion, look at the dates instead)

Look they wanna say “we have other priorities at this time” then they should come out and say it instead of hiding behind moderator abuse of power. That is all the people here want, we want to know that they have listened to us, we want to stop feeling ignored.

S.A.96

I totally agree with every point you have made, Shadow_Akula, especially the fact that the only way to get that minuscule bit of info was trawling through the entire ‘live’ broadcast.....which very few people will have bothered to do, for obvious reasons.

And the most infuriating thing is that they have ignored every single reasonable suggestion that the community has made to try and solve housing ‘problems’. You would imagine that ZOS would be at least interested in their player base input, and not behave as though we just don’t exist (unless they can think of a way in which we might have violated their forum rules).

Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 14, 2019 7:24PM