The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Let's talk Stam Sorc

Lyar09
Lyar09
✭✭✭✭✭
So this is strictly regarding PVP....

Stam Sorc needs some love ZOS. The class doesn't have an identity what so ever. It is the only class without access to fracture or savagery, doesn't have a spammable, the only healing it receives is from very costly magicka skills, and most of the passives in dark magic and daedric summoning are useless. I don't even main stam sorc and I realize this. I would love to play my stam sorc but being pigeon holed in running nothing but weapon skills is not how I want to play the game. Not to mention, the weapon skill spammables are being nerfed next patch (dizzying and steel tornado). So when is enough going to be enough and stam sorc getting some love?
PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    My fantasy is that bound armor gives me back implosion for the next 6s. I miss it and want a good reason to use that skill.
    Edited by Demra on May 5, 2019 11:39PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bound armour needs to count as having a pet summoned regarding sorc passives.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Bound armour needs to count as having a pet summoned regarding sorc passives.

Necro armor leaves a corpse after expiration...
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have a dunmer magsorc i'm not using. I'm planning on making it a stamsorc for next patch because I want to try something new. Would be nice if it had more tools by then.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PVP...

Firstly, the passives need looking at. There's like 4 passives that are 100% useful (power stone, unholy knowledge, energised, expert mage)

Then there's 3 or 4 which are very very situational. Amplitude isn't great in PvP as bursting people is the problem, not getting people to half health. Capacitor is 10% mag regen which is kinda useless unless you build for mag recovery. Daedric protection needs a skill slotted. Sometimes you can't find bound armour in, and the psijic ult us a nice back bar ult instead of atro. Negate for group builds.

So it's clear the passives need help.

Active skills... We use 3? Sometimes 4? Streak, dark deal, hurricane and sometimes crit surge.

Cleave getting buffed may help a little bit next patch (assuming you have the master 2h) so that could be ok. But still - why wouldn't I just use the same build on a sramwarden or stam DK and just be a better version?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In b4 "stamsorcs are fine"

Really, I'm too exhausted to add anything beneficial. Just look at the other dozend stam sorc threads if you want good ideas. Some dudes already start to count the gap closer changes as a stam sorc buff. This should give everyone a general concept of the state of the class. However, ZOS won't listen anyway.
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXM5TjJ-mcM
    Stamsorc are fine and are the best class
    jk

Critical Surge > useless outside vma and useless for tanks
    Hurricane > meh damage, annoying visual effect, minor expedition could be tied to streak and resistances to armaments.
    Bound Armaments > great passives, awful active
    Dark Deal > Cast time meh, and when you are using 2h build, casting WB + this is just terrible aside 2h have great sustain. Maybe if the duration was 30 second i wouldn't mind the cast time.

PVE, the class feels boring for stamina because all you can do, other classes can do it better. Cmon 3 ultimates and none of them synergize with stamina? it feels wrong.

For pvp, stamsorc are fine :D

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6yag34xm50hq.gif

This my friends, is the sad truth, ZOS doesnt care
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    :'(
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing happens for us
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, Stamsorc has an identity...
    Oh wait no... It’s a generic weapon class with an interesting but comically short lasting armor buff in hurricane, dual resource sustain in dark deal, and extra mobility in streak

Honestly though... stam sorc should get an actual stam ult or two and some way to use the daedric summoning line... stam scaling clanfear, charged atro reworked into air atro, bound armaments as a melee spammable instead of a impractical short term block buff... lots of potential here
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound Armaments should be reworked to synergize better with the way the class plays... blitzkrieg style, get in, get aggressive, get healing from offense, get out when it's too hot and reset.

But I kinda love building this class out of Legos from all the hand-me-down Lego sets, so to speak. Crushing Weapon is great, Flurry is better now, Carve and Masters 2-hand, the old uppercut/dawny combo, negate, ballista, onslaught... I miss the third bar for open world but honestly sometimes I feel like this class has too many options because the class skills only cover utility. They're just not exclusive options to the class. Way better off than classes that don't have access to the utility...
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    Thera are some abilities that use stamina as mentioned above but i think the main problem is trying to play a class that is obviously magica based as stamina class and saying you basicaly only have weapon abilities.
    My 5 cents here...
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CynicK wrote: »
    Thera are some abilities that use stamina as mentioned above but i think the main problem is trying to play a class that is obviously magica based as stamina class and saying you basicaly only have weapon abilities.
    My 5 cents here...

I´ve been conjuring daedric armor, and hitting things with conjured bows and greatswords for 20 years now in Elder Scrolls games. The "speed" effect of the class in previous Elder Scrolls games comes from the fact that conjuring equipment doesn´t encumber you.

This playstyle you seem to find so weird is much better established than "classes" like templar or warden.

This isn´t WoW or any other standard fantasy world.

Ignorance is the problem here, not semantics.
    Edited by Thraben on June 16, 2019 9:52PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    Let's talk Stam Sorc

Let's not.
    -ZOS
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 21, 2019 11:13AM
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    "Communication"

Lmao
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    Let's talk Stam Sorc

Let's not.
    -ZOS

LMAO
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their is a lot of potential here for stamsorc if zos would just give it some TLC... Air Overload, Air Atro, Bound Armaments as a Bound Sword type spammable or temporary summon that functions like the Morkuldin set so stamsorc can actually use the daedric summoning passives... How about a stam morph of mages fury or some sort of crystallized punch as a burst skill? Stam Sorc feels like it should get more out its class lines offensively imho
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meta chasers deserve no sympathy.
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    Meta chasers deserve no sympathy.

Neither do trolls
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love stamsorc. Great PVP toon. My best by leaps and bounds.

Please do not change Bound armor. Run it on both bars and it is great for max stam. I like that I dont have to cast it to get the max stam boost. I do not use the active abilty of bound armor. The active skill is a PVE ability IMO.

I like my stam sorc build and my 99 ult cost Dawn breaker is always ready to burst.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make bound armaments give the 8% max stam and 11% light attack damage for having it slotted and give something interesting for actually using it instead of this weird 36% block damage reduction thing for for 3s (which is both morphs for some reason)
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch after patch. Nothing. Stamsorc on PC EU is meme now in PvP. I don't believe ZoS will ever fix it.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs can be really strong it just requires much more effort to put together a solid build. There is a lot more emphasis on which weapons they choose since they rely on these skills so heavily. It’s a trade off on what you want. The class really just needs more flexibility and viable choices coming from the sorc skill lines to be top tier.

For example, NB can run dual-wield and bow and still have a gap closer. They can run an AOE on sword and board. They can run an instant cast spammable with 2-hand. Since they have a solid set of fundamental abilities already built in to the class they can run whatever they want and still perform. This is a good example of how a class should play and the other classes need this kind of flexibility.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak is a gap closer IMO. Also functions for escaping and moving around the battle field. Fantastic skill!
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya streak is like the third best skill in the entire game
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity why does one even make a stamsorc in the first place if there's no identity?
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity why does one even make a stamsorc in the first place if there's no identity?

Well, you make a character, you select sorc, then you ignore all your class skills and use only weapon, world, racial and guild skills.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I made one when there was an identity, specifically crit surge without a cooldown on heals and stacking with rally, I could use streak more than 2 times, and hurricane hurt, also bound armor used to conjure daedric armor on you

Edit: most of this is gone due to needed nerfs and indirect nerds because of mag sorc overperforming
    Edited by TBois on July 2, 2019 11:58PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, you make a character, you select sorc, then you ignore all your class skills and use only weapon, world, racial and guild skills.

That's more of a how, rather than a why
    TBois wrote: »

Because I made one when there was an identity, specifically crit surge without a cooldown on heals and stacking with rally, I could use streak more than 2 times, and hurricane hurt, also bound armor used to conjure daedric armor on you

Edit: most of this is gone due to needed nerfs and indirect nerds because of mag sorc overperforming

Ah I see, well that clarifies it I didn't know that. I have only been playing for about 7-8 months so it was confusing for me, I just assumed the class was meant to be a mag class even though we can technically put our attribute points wherever we want.