The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shield Breaker Set

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    The set still doesnt (break shields) and never has. Why cant it just be like, "Hitting a target with a fully charged heavy attack negate and drops all shields, and increases the cost of their next shield by 33%. Can occur every 8 seconds"
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler I dont want free damage, like oblivion damage and I dont want a damage bonus. I want to break 20k+ shields and do damage to their actual health and not have to spend 20 minutes in 1 fight.

Because that would be overpowered, dumb and would completely kill magicka sorc for open world, not to mention any other light armor build. You should try using your abilities to breaking someone's shields, I heard it's pretty effective.

I have:) but guess what they can push 2 buttons and get another effective 20k health. Oh I get them back down to 2k shields, 1 button later back to 14k effective health. I heard its pretty effective to think critically:) a 1 second window to deal damage every 8 seconds is not overpowered not to mention you would have to get over to them anyway.

well said
    all truth
    they allways claim its our skills damage that break shields but that is simply a lie, because as soon as they get low on shields and health they within seconds return to full health and 3x shields again. we widdle and widdle and damage and damge yet they continue to spam those shields and health WHILE AT THE SAME TIME spamming us with damage that we cannot equally sustain and equally defend against.

zenimax, please give us an alternative to the shield stacking sorc now that you have removed shield breaker we need an alternative.

Edited by Gilvoth on April 26, 2019 4:25PM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    The set still doesnt (break shields) and never has. Why cant it just be like, "Hitting a target with a fully charged heavy attack negate and drops all shields, and increases the cost of their next shield by 33%. Can occur every 8 seconds"
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler I dont want free damage, like oblivion damage and I dont want a damage bonus. I want to break 20k+ shields and do damage to their actual health and not have to spend 20 minutes in 1 fight.

Because that would be overpowered, dumb and would completely kill magicka sorc for open world, not to mention any other light armor build. You should try using your abilities to breaking someone's shields, I heard it's pretty effective.

I have:) but guess what they can push 2 buttons and get another effective 20k health. Oh I get them back down to 2k shields, 1 button later back to 14k effective health. I heard its pretty effective to think critically:) a 1 second window to deal damage every 8 seconds is not overpowered not to mention you would have to get over to them anyway.

well said
    all truth
    they allways claim its our skills damage that break shields but that is simply a lie, because as soon as they get low on shields and health they within seconds return to full health and 3x shields again. we widdle and widdle and damage and damge yet they continue to spam those shields and health WHILE AT THE SAME TIME spamming us with damage that we cannot equally sustain and equally defend against.

So.

I will teach you something. When someone use a skill, he cannot use an other at the same time.

When a sorc shield, he cannot "spamming you with damage". Only dot like matriarch can.

When a sorc use a shield, he remove the pressure on you, so you can either heal or damage the sorc.

If you have a good build, a shield can be removed in 2s seconds (3s for the bigger one associated with high magicka pool and high investisment in CP).

Hardened ward took a 20% shield size nerf ("fix") from what is it too live.

Also, you can put points in CP to deal more damage to shield.

You clearly don't understand how this game work. I'm sorry, but try to improve your gameplay and UNDERSTAND what sorcs are doing.
    Edited by Aedaryl on April 26, 2019 4:33PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and they are also using pets coupled in with the shields stacked 3X while spaming damage.
    should be mentioned, because its not only the damage coming at you its the fact that with the shields, the removal of our stealth from their very big area of effect whirlwind hurricane it also inlcudes high damage from their class skills and pets and shields makes them basicly a walking Boss and unstopable because they keep up massive defenses.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said
    all truth

zenimax, please give us an alternative to the shield stacking sorc now that you have removed shield breaker we need an alternative.

So the sorc of your fantasy runs around with 3 shields and also apparently has burst heal? Why use healing ward when you got a twilight (or any other burst heal for that matter)? No good sorc continuously keeps 3 shields up. What's the point? Especially if, as you guys claim, it takes forever to through even 1 of them? Also cast in shields means 3 global cooldowns, which means by the time you have applied all 3 shields you can get in like 2 other skills before you have to start recasting your shields - you want to recast them before they run out after all.

The reality looks more like this:
    - Sorcs use Hardened Ward as needed - much like templars use Breath of Life / Honor the Dead or NBs use cloak.
    - They got Harness Magicka on their back bar for fights against magicka builds b/c sorc sustain is weak and harness magicka, while a lot weaker than Hardened Ward, provides sustain against mag builds
    - Healing Ward was only ever slotted b/c sorc lack(ed) a good healing alternative to get them out of execute range. Ever since Healing Ward lost it's initial heal (which is critial for getting out of execute range) sorcs resorted to using pets.
    - Some try to get by with using Dark Deal as an emergency heal, but that is very risky and a bandaid solution
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you add in
    Pets
    Shields
    Damage and Healing Bursts
    you create an overpowered build.
    that is what the shield breaker set was being used for when fighting sorcerers, the only thing that has changed is that the shield breaker set now does not do what it was doing.
    we still need an alternative to those problems and the shield stacking.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- we still need an alternative to shield stacking sorcerers. plain and simple.
    this pvp set, in cryodiil that 6% is HALVED it only does 3%` it is not enough to work in the situations i just described in the last 3 comments.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this pvp set, in cryodiil that 6% is HALVED it only does 3%` it is not enough to work in the situations i just described in the last 3 comments.
    Shields are halved in PvP too so that's a moot point.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

the shields were halved "Before"the shield breaker set was made.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

the shields were halved "Before"the shield breaker set was made.
    Yikes why do I even bother lol
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% more damage x shield. So 3 x shield is 60% more damage in cyrodiil.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said
    all truth

Maybe it's hard to sustain using your snipe gank builds. Maybe try picking up an actual build and then try to fight sorcs. While they are certainly top tier in open world they aren't OP.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you push hard enough sorc starts to shieldstack instead of pushing you. This is the moment when sorc loses. I switched from mag sorc to magblade and can say that I've met literally few sorcs that could stand against me and be actually dangerous. Shield Breaker was one of the most broken sets ever, this is a good thing it's going to be changed.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

People already told you that damage get's halfed, just like shields and healing. Modifiers don't get halfed. Why is it so hard for you to understand?

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 27, 2019 7:09PM
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭

People already told you that damage get's halfed, just like shields and healing. Modifiers don't get halfed. Why is it so hard for you to understand?

[Edit to remove bait]

The problem is that it is not a straight 6% increase in damage and works out to be only around a 2% increase in damage, which would scale to about 4% against shields which is less than spriggans against a shielded target. This set is currently under-performing and not the best solution for any situation.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried shield braker and it is utter garbage now. Sure you can lower your dps and pick champion points to just brake shields but you loose so much. Even with shield braker you cannot brake shields because sorch just recast them. Damage increase on shields is really really low also.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and they are also using pets coupled in with the shields stacked 3X while spaming damage.
    should be mentioned, because its not only the damage coming at you its the fact that with the shields, the removal of our stealth from their very big area of effect whirlwind hurricane it also inlcudes high damage from their class skills and pets and shields makes them basicly a walking Boss and unstopable because they keep up massive defenses.

You proove again than you know nothing about sorcs.

Sorcs build in 3 different ways :

- With 3 shields and no pets. Hardened as the main shield, harness if a magplayer is involved or to counter a high burst and healing ward when HP is low. You don't have space for a pet.

-With 2 shields (hardened, harness) and matriarch for healing : the BiS set up since matriarch is a strong and reliable heal and a strong DoT making it worth the 2 slots.

-With 1 shield and high magicka, + 1 or 2 pets : matriarch and scamp + resists. No harness means you need to invest in sustain, with either elemental drain or sustain from gear. 2 pets mean lack of space and a less mobile gameplay.

Sorc don't spam 3 shields. Sorcs don't spam 3 shields + pets.

and finally : MAGICKA SORC DON'T RUN HURRICANE.

You need to understand something : on PTS :

* Shield size of hardened ward is reduced by 20% from live.

* Deadric prey damage boost to pets is nerfed by 15% for matriarch, scamp and pets monster sets like shadowrend and Maw of the infernal.

You should ask to decent Stamblade how to fight sorcs.
    Edited by Aedaryl on April 28, 2019 11:29AM
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set needs to break shields, not bypass them with free damage. Not negate casting them or apply a damage bonus to attacking them. It needs to break them, fully charged heavy attack should deal unmitigatable physical damage, not oblivion to the amount of the shield so it instantly drops every 8 to 10 seconds. A player gets a window to deal damage to their health, the sorc can still recover with a long cooldown to the set. Or something like this, I dont care it needs to break shields. Not give a bonus or deal oblivion damage.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • seventyfive
    seventyfive
    ✭✭✭
    I used my brain and removed this. I'm a bit tired.
    Edited by seventyfive on April 28, 2019 8:05PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The set needs to break shields, not bypass them with free damage. Not negate casting them or apply a damage bonus to attacking them. It needs to break them, fully charged heavy attack should deal unmitigatable physical damage, not oblivion to the amount of the shield so it instantly drops every 8 to 10 seconds. A player gets a window to deal damage to their health, the sorc can still recover with a long cooldown to the set. Or something like this, I dont care it needs to break shields. Not give a bonus or deal oblivion damage.

Seems like you have your own definition of what break means. A set that gives you more dmg against can also be a breaker since it literally helps you break them.

And btw how exactly is this whole idea with a big cooldown will work for you. You do a heavy attack, drop their shields and by the time you do anything else they put them back up again and now you have to wait 10 more seconds to do the same. Doesnt sound like much of a help unless you have 2-3 people abusing it and effectively hard countering sorcs. You want something different than a dmg bonus to shields then at least come up with something better. We have enough Xv1 tools already.
    Edited by pieratsos on April 28, 2019 10:24PM
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word of testing for the new SB, as the damage is underperforming or bugged ... ?
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    guess what they can push 2 buttons and get another effective 20k health.
    This cost a hell lot of magicka. While you just can spam cheap light attacks to kill the shields.
    The shield breaker was class breaking and should never have been introduced.
    Where is a similar set against Cloaking/Ganking?
    This is pure nonsense. Did you EVER play a Sorc?
    Using 2 pets, already 4 slots of the 10 are gone.
    With an additional 3 shields, only 3 slots would be available for everything else.
    Playing with only 3 active slots simply does not work.
    Even only 2 shields do not work with 2 pets.
    With 2 pets, a Sorc can only use 1 shield at best for an effective gameplay.

This thread is full of fiction...
    Edited by BalticBlues on May 23, 2019 10:52AM
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm - Jesus Christ 😂 @BalticBlues hahaha

I just wanna know if the "NEW" Shield Breaker 6% and doubles on shields, is scaling correctly in PvP.

Any answers ? Or should i do a "ask question" post 🤔