The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How would you improve Anniversary event next year?

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Don't make it last 6 weeks next year ... not even 5 for that matter!
    2) Repair the Group Finder tool
    3) Keep the current system where you have to do various aspects of the game
    4) Have Worm Cult motif pages actually drop. I have gotten an average 60 per day for the last 3 weeks. That'S a total of 1260 anniversary reward boxes, but all I got was a single Worm Cult motif. That is a 0.08% drop chance. Abnur Tharn apparently got a drop chance around 15%. It's the Anniversay Event, not some kind of Hardmode Vet Trial!
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mizael wrote: »
    Week 3 was awful , i hope they don't do that ever again.Pve quests in Pvp is an horrible thing

You do realize, those quests are there exactly for people like you. ZOS also wants PvP players to get something out of the event (the other 3 to 4 weeks all being PvE), while also trying to get PvE'ers to try out PvP (same as they are trying to get PvP'ers to PvE during the other 3 to 4 weeks). Now imagine, some PvE'er has to go to Cyrodiil and to the kill quests in order to get his/her Anniversary Reward. You will be doing a hell of a lot more dying while getting fewer reward boxes and having to spent much more time in PvP. Are you sure that's what you want?

And before you start crying about having to go to PvP, keep in mind for the other 3 weeks PvP'ers have to go to PvE. In fact, for literally all other events besides IC & Mid-Year PvP'ers have to go to PvE and you don't see them crying rivers like you guys are right now. Also, PvP'ers are constantly forced to PvE just to get the gear they need, whereas PvE'ers only have to spent like 2 hours in PvP to unlock Vigor. So just suck it up and either buy the motifs, join Cyrodiil and do your PvE quests, or forego the motifs!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better rewards, anticipate server performance and address accordingly,do away away with event ticket limit.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope I play Pantheon next year through 🤫
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Just let it be like week 5 so everyone can do what they want.

This would be cool.

Personally, I'd rather have 2 weeks of "week 5" rules, rather than 5 weeks of split rules/activities.

Also, slap 2x AP onto the event. And 2x undaunted experience.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it shorter. All kinds of daily quests count for two weeks only. Done.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Improvement better drop rates for style pages flooded with prophet lyris was nonexsistant, bgs didnt seem to offer abnur chances, more consistent sources like maybe just run event for 2 weeks but put all the drop tables together amd just drop boxes from all daily sources. Also add mannimarco costume peices.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As some have already said, the biggest thing we need is a better system of effort vs rewards.

I haven't done a single box since week 1 because there's no point. Every box has the same drop chance, whether it's from crafting writs or PvP dailies. That's the central issue.

So I got my 441 boxes in week 1 and have abstained from doing them for the last 2 weeks, because I could put in 4 times the amount of time and effort and get maybe 100 boxes, probably less. It's more worth my time to just buy the motifs I'm missing with gold I get from doing writs every night.

There needs to be better rewards based on how much time the activity takes. For example, the upcoming undaunted portion of the event, which is based on pledge completion, should provide much better loot from boxes than a 1-2 minute crafting daily. But to the best of my knowledge, they're exactly the same.

Now, I plan on doing a few because I've got toons who are leveling undaunted anyway, but if that weren't the case I would abstain from next week's portion as well.

Using the same box for radically different activities has been ZOS' issue for a while now.
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    If every week was week 5 then there would be less traffic in the options that need to be populated. Cyrodiil would have fewer players and dps would have to queue for 20 minutes to find a dungeon. If an entire week is dedicated to specific activities such as dungeons then dungeon finder wouldn't be a bore, since youll find a group instantly.
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like many others have mentioned i would at least raise the droprate for the event exclusive motifs. I feel real bad for everyone trying to get it this year. I play the event a lot, opened countless boxes and so far i got 2 pages.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve campain for cyrodiil

Please stop with this, it makes no sense. Just say you want all events to be PVE and end it there.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Return to the 2 week
    KappaKid83 wrote: »
    Pve campain for cyrodiil

Please stop with this, it makes no sense. Just say you want all events to be PVE and end it there.
    No leave the cyrodil town quests in they are fast to do, just give people options, perhaps mix it with double AP and double undaunted as some sugested.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MaidenOregon
    MaidenOregon
    ✭✭
    This is just my opinion but Zos has no business having events in pvp while game performance is still an issue. The additional campaigns are nice but too many ppl still still queue into the main campaigns and cause long queues.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Return to the 2 week
    KappaKid83 wrote: »
    Pve campain for cyrodiil

No leave the cyrodil town quests in they are fast to do, just give people options, perhaps mix it with double AP and double undaunted as some sugested.

I know they are fast and easy, I am just sick of people saying they want a PVE version of the ONLY PVP zone in the entire game. PVP players get 18 days a year where events happen strictly within the confines of Cyrodil, IC and BG's. The other 347 days are spent catering to PVE content. People are literally complaining about 4.9% of the total year being PVP related.
    Edited by KappaKid83 on April 24, 2019 3:57PM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Free Penguins!

Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Shorter.

Taller
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make all weeks only reward pvp dailies and don't add any extra campaigns for the pve'ers >:)
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More PvP events so I can enjoy watching pve’ers cry while I farm them and get millions of AP
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of doors in Cyrodil : p
    Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on April 24, 2019 4:56PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No more PVE events in Cyrodiil, or at least different quest areas.

It just brings out the worst in players, which in my opinion goes against the celebratory aspect of the milestone/event.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1. Let us choose which content we want to participate in.
    2. Increase the drop rate on motifs. Last year the drop rate was roughly 1 motif in 5 boxes. this year it seems to be 1 motif in 20 boxes.
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt we'll get another 5-week anniversary, but for any event in the future that has a PvP component...

...untie the rewards from dailies. Tie them to activity completion. Finish a Battleground? Reward. Battleground DAILY random queue completion? Reward. Flip a Cyrodiil keep? Reward. Capture a Keep's resource nodes? Reward. Do ANY non-quest PvP objective ANYWHERE? Reward.

I understand that there need to be rewards from daily quests during PvE events, as that's a large component to PvE and, frankly, pretty much the only solo component. But for PvP events, having rewards tied to very sparse and rarely-actual-pvp daily quests doesn't function well at all.
  • Krec
    Krec
    ✭✭✭
    Remove daily quests in towns during pvp week and make only pvp missions. Or introduce micro-transaction where you can buy special snow flake shield in crown store and not die in Cyro. Conversely just skip it and give everyone an anniversary gift, or like the event tixs just eat cake once a day for a box.

So far, I have had a lot of fun. I don't anticipate doing much during trial/dungeon week, and haven't even tried when it was the focus in years past. Not my cup of tea, but you won't find me griping about it on the forums.
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Make the PVP week only the “real” PVP quests. To earn the boxes, I’d have it only count the major gate quests (Scouting, Conquests, etc) plus I’d have a Jubilee box sent with each Reward for the Worthy. I was fine with Crafting, and with World Bosses and Delves. I am not fine with mixing PVE/PVP in the way the third week has, as it has made a very unpleasant experience for a lot of players.

2. Make the Jubilee style page drop rates more consistent. It seemed like Prophet rained from the sky, Titanborn had to be ripped from the void with sheer RNG determination, and Tharn is somewhere in between. The drop rate should be consistent.

3. Increase the spawn rate of anything involved in quests which can be utilized for the events (e.g. capstone mushrooms, Imperfect plaques, produce).

4. Make the possible loot drops from Jubilee boxes be from any tier material, but weighted towards current level and current usable level (rather than ONLY) those two.
    Edited by FilteredRiddle on April 24, 2019 7:27PM
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal