The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How would you improve Anniversary event next year?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Reduce the overall length. 1 or 2 weeks is enough.
    2. If the length is reduced, run more than one event in a week. Although consideration is needed on the Dungeon event so that the population is not diluted.
    3. With an eye to a healthy motif economy, the drop rate on those needs to go down. However, food and furniture recipes need to increase in drop rate.
    4. Maybe have a token system, removing the fizzbin aspect of the indryk treadmill and give us a selection of mounts to choose from at the end of the event.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was going to make a special anniversary event, I wouldn't tack it onto a series of events that seems to have been never-ending since goodness knows when.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the PvP event actually involve PvP, not repetitive gather/kill quests for boxes. Get rid of the “gather 5 mushroom” type quests and add boxes for things like “join a group and knock down a door with a ram” or “heal X health points of players in combat with other players” etc. You know, actual PvP activities.
    Edited by Marcus684 on April 23, 2019 8:59PM
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have separate campaigns for non PvP players. The could not attack or be attacked and would not get points but would be able to do the quests. There would be a major decline in forum *** threads.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it a two week event, but just turn on every event simultaneously. Every holiday event including midyear mayhem, halloween and all the rest.
    Edited by redspecter23 on April 23, 2019 9:01PM
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, I don't know, make it to where you can do anything for anniversary boxes. Like, so people aren't forced to play something they don't want to or else they miss out on exclusive items. Some people aren't into PvP, while others aren't into PvE.

I know the final week you'll be able to earn boxes using any method, but still. You get my point.
    Edited by Snipress on April 23, 2019 9:09PM
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Weeks is a recipe for burnout. Shorter event, dont limit options for acquiring boxes during that time.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everything was good but the motif drop rate. I am happy they included PvP in this event and I hope they will continue to do that with more events down the line.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skip it altogether until the 10th anniversary. TOO MANY EVENTS!

c477aa5eb60329a3e25fa8d5784b8bc1.jpeg

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask me in 2 weeks.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock the forums for the entire time the event goes out so I dont see the forums flooded with pve and pvp whiners
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    Lock the forums for the entire time the event goes out so I dont see the forums flooded with pve and pvp whiners

No one’s forcing you to read the forums, skippy.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    SoLooney wrote: »

No one’s forcing you to read the forums, skippy.

I like to browse the forums, not fun when more than half the first page is whining about the events

But I can tell you like the toxicity skippy
    Edited by SoLooney on April 23, 2019 9:46PM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait until it’s actually dead and gone before performing a post mortum?

There are still more than 2 weeks to go. They might be fantastic, or they might make the tedious gankfest look like the absolute high point. Point is, we won’t know until early May.

So far the best/most intelligent element has been the separation of the event tickets from the reward boxes. That was a great idea. Everyone gets all their tickets no matter what else they do.

So far the worst has been not making PvP week about encouraging people into the PvP environment. The only successful element there being it seems to have massively pissed off both PvP and PvE players in equal numbers. So at least it was even handed.

Personally, I managed to score the only motif I was bothered about, so for me it’s all good. Let’s hope everyone ends up as happy.
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it so forums locked to all complaining about any of the events
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest thing I would like to see different for future events is that for things that take more time to do, the drop rates should be better than for things that take 32 seconds and you can run though a million of them in an hour.

I have entire sets of extra pages from week 1. And both my accounts have the full set learned. For the other weeks so far I'll be lucky if I end up with 1 full set of each for my main account only.

Yeah, I can buy them, and I probably will, but the point is its a little silly to have 85 sets from event activities that take very little time and then for event activities that take actual time to complete you get nothing good all day sometimes. I want activities that take longer to feel more rewarding than they do right now, and the shorter ones to tone it down a notch.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the entire anniversary to be like Week 5 so we don't get a repeat of this week.

This.

Maybe make it so that there's a limit to how many boxes someone can get per day though because otherwise the 'unique' drops will be totally worthless.

It won't last 5 weeks either, so maybe makeing it shorter instead of limiting daily boxes would be enough.

Oh yeah. And the Worm cult drop needs to change. Last year it took me about 450 boxes to get my first page. This year I'm on 650+ and STILL not a SINGLE page. I didn't even log it yesterday and completely forgot about the tickets. It's so disheartening to see other people pull all the best rewards and we get doughnut holes after spending hundreds of hours trying to get a bone.
  • CipherNine
    CipherNine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take all the PVE crap out of the PVP week and actually make it a PVP week.
    This weeks objectives should have been actual PVP and not PVPers farming PVEer's. That's not PVP.

Then if the PVEer's whine about it being all PVP objectives well they can go to hell. and all I do is PVE. This game is 98% PVE anyway. We have plenty of event's. Make this week actual PVP.
    PC-NA
    Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Argonian Necromancer - Healer
    Breton Warden - Healer
    Nord Necromancer - Tank
    Argonian Templar - Tank
    Nord Warden - Tank
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd want it shortened to 2-3 weeks, with the next chapter's PTS cycle delayed until it's over.

I feel burned out after the anniversaries, and cut back to the bare minimum for months afterwards.
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoilers

The person you sacrifice to the amulet of kings contacts you. You have been linked with them thanks to the ritual, and they are hoping you can bring them back from their fragmented state to corporeal form, but it requires some aedric essence or whatever that can be acquired from boxes obtained by doing any dailies. Getting enough will unlock a quest allowing you to then restore them to physical form.

If you unlock them, then you have the option to add that character to your home, and whenever you port there they will be randomly interacting with your furniture (sitting in a chair, lying on the bed, using crafting station, etc.) and can be spoken with like the talking skull.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exploding tbaggers.

5t38.gif
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get rid of event tickets. Make an event just be a celebration without the extra overhead of grind. Create some festival-only quests that can only be done during the event. Something with more story than Jester's or New Life. In short, make the festival an actual festival.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    better pvp event management, ie make boxes drop from rewards of the worthy rather than just dailies that can be trolled. this encourages actual pvp, because people will have to learn how to pvp and learn how the cyrodil system works, or do battlegrounds for a while.

also i pretty much only did the writ dailies. the others were so time inefficient. Since the writ week you could get 64 boxes a day without having additional character slots, and the other weeks were like 4 or 5 unless you went full sweaty tryhard in the same amount of time, maybe just straight up increase the amount of boxes you get from dailies, so like 4-5 per quest rather than 1 so that people actually feel like doing them is worth their time.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 years anniversary.

+600% xp for a week please.

Just saying.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would have made it 3 weeks for all dailies to count rather than 5 weeks and different dailies for 4 weeks and all for 1 week
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, its perfect.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    Get rid of event tickets. Make an event just be a celebration without the extra overhead of grind. Create some festival-only quests that can only be done during the event. Something with more story than Jester's or New Life. In short, make the festival an actual festival.

So more story?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »

Huh? Eating cake every day is a problem how?
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shut down the forums during it so there aren't 1000 whiny threads (Not this one). :)
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God, all they wanted to do was give 5 weeks of free stuff to everyone and all you guys have done is complain for the first 3 weeks. I hope the next event is only like a day or something so you all can complain more about that too.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.