The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stam sorc question

Kidgangster101
Kidgangster101
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it really hard to have crystal blast morph turned into a crystal sword for stamina classes?

Not one person should choose this morph over crystal frag. So we have a dead skill and a dire want from Stam sorcs for a good move.

Make it have a cast like wrecking blow but when it procs you get an instant cast sword slash and alot of people would be really happy I'm.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been saying this for several years but no devs will friggan touch the skill with a ten foot pole...
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    YES, just make it have the same instant proc condition, but for stamina skills like crystal frags and it would be perfect.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are too busy tinkering with necro
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Afraid Stam sorc's will be left out of patch notes this DLC yet again. FYI just so people know streak scaling off of the highest stat is not a buff to stam sorc the damage type is very very important. with out the correct damage type the skill will not gain the correct penetration nor the cp multipliers.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Sando wrote: »
    I'm Afraid Stam sorc's will be left out of patch notes this DLC yet again. FYI just so people know streak scaling off of the highest stat is not a buff to stam sorc the damage type is very very important. with out the correct damage type the skill will not gain the correct penetration nor the cp multipliers.

THIS.

But even if it did do physical damage, it wouldn't be a huge buff. The tool tip of my streak on live is like 2.5k and on PTS is 5k. So a 5k tool tip that cannot be spammed on a StamSorc because a) it costs mag and b) the cost increases significantly if spammed.

However, there can be some changes to other Sorc abilities that could scale off max stats and then either do the appropriate mag or stam damage based on the max stats. That way CP isn't an issue and you don't have to worry about catering only to a mag or a stam user and it will FINALLY give StamSorc something in their toolkit to use instead of only weapon abilities.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normally I'd be making my own posts about this too, but I've lost hope that ZOS cares about stam sorcs.

After over a year of the class rep notes giving me hope because ZOS openly acknowledged how awful stam identity is primarily for stam sorc and DK, class reps were actively fighting for what stam sorcs wanted. They've done nothing to remedy this.

I urge ZOS to review what has been spoken about throughout those meetings and see where we are today.

Couple that with their comments on stam necro "feeling good to play" because they have so many stam morphs means they know how to design a stam class properly (stam blade is good too), but choose to ignore them continuously. Makes me feel like we need to wait another year for the next chapter for anything notable to happen.

Here are the biggest changes I can think of from the past year or so. You'll notice none of the changes actually do anything to make the class feel more unique, if anything it feels more bland.

Bound Armaments
    • No longer a toggle, active component provides block mitigation.
    • Switched heavy atk dmg to light atk dmg, max stam % stays the same.
    • Lost minor resolve.
    • Still required on both bars because it's a huge dps loss to lose the passives to stam/light atk with nothing really to replace the skill.
    • Active component was changed to be a tank esque effect instead of providing something interesting for stam sorc DD's.. Why a tank would need 8% max sta and 11% light attack dmg is beyond me and just poor design. Missed opportunity.

Dark Deal
    • Reduced magicka cost.
    • 75% upfront stam return, 50% over 20 seconds.
    • Same cast time. Change still great for pvp, but still lackluster for pve.

Overload
    • Lost 3rd bar.
    • Both morphs aren't different enough and feel like a wasted slot that could be used for a new stam sorc morph.
    • 5/6 ultimates still scale with magicka/lightning dmg, waiting on stam atro over this though.

Implosion for Amplitude
    • No more execute proc and kill stealing on low hp targets, I get it for pvp, but the new passive is just boring in comparison.
    • Reverse execute is meh, total dps remains roughly the same, but in fights where execute is key we see no benefit where other classes jump in dps in that bracket (see stam blade)

Hurricane
    • Reduced stam cost (Seems like this was only done because they re-evaluated Boundless Storm after reducing major expedition time to 4s, didn't even mention Hurricane in the patch notes, but will take the cost reduction regardless whether they meant to do it or not)
    • Still pretty weak on dmg in comparison to the original Hurricane nerfed 2+ years ago, without implosion this skill became less of a problem in pvp.

Streak
    • Scales with max sta/wpd
    • This is primarily an escape tool, I don't think I've ever seen a stam sorc request this, I've heard mention of scaling for a pet, curse, frags, atronach and even overload, yet here we are with scaling on a utility skill that is still buggy and clunky to use while also extremely costly when used in succession for stam sorcs.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 22, 2019 11:15PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or even just a fist punch - all they'd have to do is use the unarmed heavy attack animation, color your hands purple, and copy/paste the Crystal Blast VFX at the punch impact.
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I'd be making my own posts about this too, but I've lost hope that ZOS cares about stam sorcs.

After over a year of the class rep notes giving me hope because ZOS openly acknowledged how awful stam identity is primarily for stam sorc and DK, class reps were actively fighting for what stam sorcs wanted. They've done nothing to remedy this.

I urge ZOS to review what has been spoken about throughout those meetings and see where we are today.

Couple that with their comments on stam necro "feeling good to play" because they have so many stam morphs means they know how to design a stam class properly (stam blade is good too), but choose to ignore them continuously. Makes me feel like we need to wait another year for the next chapter for anything notable to happen.

Here are the biggest changes I can think of from the past year or so. You'll notice none of the changes actually do anything to make the class feel more unique, if anything it feels more bland.

Bound Armaments
    • Lost minor resolve.
    • Still required on both bars because it's a huge dps loss to lose the passives to stam/light atk with nothing really to replace the skill.
    • Active component was changed to be a tank esque effect instead of providing something interesting for stam sorc DD's.. Why a tank would need 8% max sta and 11% light attack dmg is beyond me and just poor design. Missed opportunity.

Dark Deal
    • Reduced magicka cost.

Overload
    • Lost 3rd bar.
    • Both morphs aren't different enough and feel like a wasted slot that could be used for a new stam sorc morph.
    • 5/6 ultimates still scale with magicka/lightning dmg, waiting on stam atro over this though.

Implosion for Amplitude
    • No more execute proc and kill stealing on low hp targets, I get it for pvp, but the new passive is just boring in comparison.
    • Reverse execute is meh, total dps remains roughly the same, but in fights where execute is key we see no benefit where other classes jump in dps in that bracket (see stam blade)

Hurricane
    • Reduced stam cost (Seems like this was only done because they re-evaluated Boundless Storm after reducing major expedition time to 4s, didn't even mention Hurricane in the patch notes, but will take the cost reduction regardless whether they meant to do it or not)
    • Still pretty weak on dmg in comparison to the original Hurricane nerfed 2+ years ago, without implosion this skill became less of a problem in pvp.

Streak
    • This is primarily an escape tool, I don't think I've ever seen a stam sorc request this, I've heard mention of scaling for a pet, curse, frags, atronach and even overload, yet here we are with scaling on a utility skill that is still buggy and clunky to use while also extremely costly when used in succession for stam sorcs.

Maybe next year???
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bound Armaments
    • Lost minor resolve.

Dark Deal
    • Reduced magicka cost.

Overload
    • Lost 3rd bar.

Implosion for Amplitude

Hurricane

Streak

Maybe next year???

Maybe next year is what has been said for 3-4 years now? Lolol 😂😂😂😂😂

Please for the love of God make something happen with Stam sorcs next pts cycle it is clearly wanted and much needed.
    Edited by Kidgangster101 on April 23, 2019 2:30AM
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget curse would also be a great skill for stamsorcs, as it would finally unlock all the juicy passives we're beeing stripped of because there's literally no skill besides a (useless) armor buff in deadric summoning.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the stam sorc community is just too small to draw attention to the ludicrous state the class has been for so long. Half the passives are beeing unused, there hardly any class skills to use and every stamsorc is just a weapon line showcase in the shell of a miniscule magsorc.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give a spammable and a stamina ult to stamsorcs.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe next year???

To give a bit context for the reactions you received:

Last year we were promised an Air Atronach (not that it would change the fundamental problems of the class, but at least it would be something) - which is an idea proposed in 2016.

It took them 3 years to fix the StamDK.

Within a timeframe of less than one year after the Rep Notes acknowledged many of our problems, StamSorcs have lost the following roles:

a) PvE tank: Without 3rd bar, we can´t provide the support to justify it.
    b) PvP raid: Stam Support role: destroyed by the rapids nerf, Wardens vastly superior.
    c) PvP raid: DPS role: Destroyed by Steel tornado and Implosion nerf

and retained only 2 roles:

a) mediocre PvE DD
    b) a tough streaking weapon line in solo PvP.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont like crystal sword or other suggestions like crystal spammable or curse or stuff. I like the 'identity' of stamsorc being the weapon class, but it needs to have more class stuff that promote this identity rather than having nothing which is forcing the identity...
    Like Crushing weapon from psijic is what I would imagine stamsorc spammable to be. Just toolkit of either enemy debuffs or buffs that synergise with chosen weapon.

Even the crystal blast thingy could work as you say, proc on weapon abilities to give you buff for next one (like old empower buff).
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS doesn't care about Stamsorcs. We're like the blind spot in the class portfolio.
  • ftballjj20
    They could add conjured weapon morph and make the visual replace the weapon of covered the weapon so it can look like what ever type weapon u already had equip.
    Also add an actual decent visual for bound armor
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ftballjj20 wrote: »
    They could add conjured weapon morph and make the visual replace the weapon of covered the weapon so it can look like what ever type weapon u already had equip.
    Also add an actual decent visual for bound armor

We had this once (at least the armor part) ;) People didn´t like it, but there is an add-on which reaplies the conjured Daedric armor whenever you activate bound armaments. Too bad a StamSorc tank doesn´t even need the new active effect of the skill.

To be fair, a real conjured weapon wouldn´t hurt it we could it use it as a spammable/ gap closer/Dot/ source of a debuff.
    Edited by Thraben on April 24, 2019 10:57AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    RIP dizzy..................that is all
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think if I had to choose one skill to add a stamina morph to, it would be curse.

As someone pointed out, unless you slot bound armaments you aren't getting any of those nice passives from daedric tree, and also it would add a nice burst to pvp builds and it's not a pet so that's a bonus.
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS doesn't care about Stamsorcs. We're like the blind spot in the class portfolio.

It is bizarre how the class reps for sorcs are just ignored

Makes me wonder why we have them
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg a crystal sword sounds so op

hell yeah

class needs more stam morphs anyways
    at a place nobody knows
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ilcavallo wrote: »

It is bizarre how the class reps for sorcs are just ignored

Makes me wonder why we have them

A lot of class reps are ignored sadly.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if they dont give stamsorc anything, can we atleast rework streak so its useable for stamsorc, cause it just isnt. Like really how is a stamina class suppose to get even half decent use of a skill that costs more magicka everytime you cast it. You can build for mag sustain yes, but youll be gimping yourself even further by losing damage/regen to sustain streak? BS.

Id like curse personally but i dont expect a thing after stamsorc was completely ignored yet again, its been the worst class throughout the history of the game, remember when they didnt even have hurricane.. lol.

But anyway, my idea is to change the ball of lightning morph to an actual stam gap closer, costs stam, needs a target to cast to has no cost increase.

Make the animation like a few people suggest, summon somesort of thunderous weapon, and gapclose into the enemy with a similar visual, it deals spalsh damage around the enemy you gapclosed.

Not what im looking for but atleast it would be useable.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet it's a top tier pvp class for both solo and group play.....
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

And yet it's a top tier pvp class for both solo and group play.....

No it isnt, not by a stretch.

Its good yes, all classes can be played to a high standard by players who take the time to get good at it, but top tier in comparison to other classes? Not even going to waste my time elaborating on it, if you think stamsorc is top tier in comparison to DK, Warden or NB then.. well i dont even have words. Ive never seen such a ridiculous statement in all my time of playing.