Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 20, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The Elsweyr Chapter and Update 22 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the full patch notes here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Mages Guild Ultimate : Meteor Is Ignored Again and Again

Lord_Dexter
Lord_Dexter
✭✭✭✭✭
With recent buff to Dawnbreaker, there are many more reasons to use this Ultimate but is ZOS closing eyes on Meteor?

It has no use in PVE or PVP except gaining 2% Magicka Increase and 2% Magicka Recovery, i even stop raising my characters mages Guild Level to 10.

Fighters Guild Ultimate Recent Buff
Dawnbreaker: Increased the delay on the Damage over Time effect to 2 seconds from 1 second. Total duration is now 6 seconds, rather than 5 seconds.

Dawnbreaker of Smiting (morph): The stun from this ability no longer ranks up from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds; instead, it is a flat 2 seconds at all ranks. This morph now progressively gets stronger in damage as it ranks up instead. This will result in a 5.7% initial hit damage increase, and a 9% Damage over Time portion increase.
Edited by Lord_Dexter on April 19, 2019 9:15AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one reason to use Dawnbreaker - because nothing else compares to it for stamina builds. They don't have as many options as magicka does.
    Using that as your argument to buff meteor is completely unjustified.
    (sqweee )>--- ۜ\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ
  • Lord_Dexter
    Lord_Dexter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    There is only one reason to use Dawnbreaker - because nothing else compares to it for stamina builds. They don't have as many options as magicka does.
    Using that as your argument to buff meteor is completely unjustified.

    Stamina have many other excellent Ulitmates i.e. Ballista, Dual Wield Ultimate, 2H Ult (1v1) and class ultimate are not bad either!

    Meteor need attention, its about balance,

    Destro Ultimate cost is very higher, either Magicka rely on Class Ultimates or use DBS in PVP!

    Due to lack of cheap good offensive ultimate not just stamina using DBS but also Magicka!

    I am also trying to put point that ZOS buff something which is already in excellent place but ignoring what need to be improved!

    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Lord_Dexter on April 19, 2019 9:52AM
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually a very good point, something I never really considered. As a point of comparison in PvP: DBoS does about the same direct damage, far more DoT damage (bc it applies to target), has a cost that's only 63% the cost of Meteor, and is delayed with wildly obvious audio indicator.

    The only thing Meteor has over DBoS is range, which is definitely significant. But is that big range difference worth the skill being worse in pretty much every other way?
  • Lord_Dexter
    Lord_Dexter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spizzie wrote: »
    This is actually a very good point, something I never really considered. As a point of comparison in PvP: DBoS does about the same direct damage, far more DoT damage (bc it applies to target), has a cost that's only 63% the cost of Meteor, and is delayed with wildly obvious audio indicator.

    The only thing Meteor has over DBoS is range, which is definitely significant. But is that big range difference worth the skill being worse in pretty much every other way?

    Meteor is also blockable, dodgeable then do no damage and ending up wasting whole ultimate.

    Look at Ballista how beautifully its implemented comparing meteor.
    Edited by Lord_Dexter on April 19, 2019 9:53AM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spizzie wrote: »
    This is actually a very good point, something I never really considered. As a point of comparison in PvP: DBoS does about the same direct damage, far more DoT damage (bc it applies to target), has a cost that's only 63% the cost of Meteor, and is delayed with wildly obvious audio indicator.

    The only thing Meteor has over DBoS is range, which is definitely significant. But is that big range difference worth the skill being worse in pretty much every other way?

    Meteor is also blockable, dodgeable and than do no damage, ending up wasting whole ultimate.

    Look at Balista how beautifully its implemented comparing meteor.

    Meteor is not dodgeable.
    If you are able to dodge it, it is only because of the current bug(dodge very shortly before it lands).
    I already reported it.
    Hopefully ZOS will fix it soon.
    Edited by Universe on April 19, 2019 9:43AM
    I Soloed Saint Llothis the Pious(Trial Boss)
    My Youtube channel
    Main character:
    Universe - AD magicka sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, The Trial Bosses Solo Slayer
    Top alts: Genius(Stamina/Magicka Dragonknight) The Force(Stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    ESO player since beta & early access
    PC EU server
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Guild Master of "The Champions" - AD AvA & Dueling guild
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make ultimate damage depend on your highest stats -> give us a mag dawnbreaker
    EU player that is salty about BAD performance and not working BGs
  • Lord_Dexter
    Lord_Dexter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Spizzie wrote: »
    This is actually a very good point, something I never really considered. As a point of comparison in PvP: DBoS does about the same direct damage, far more DoT damage (bc it applies to target), has a cost that's only 63% the cost of Meteor, and is delayed with wildly obvious audio indicator.

    The only thing Meteor has over DBoS is range, which is definitely significant. But is that big range difference worth the skill being worse in pretty much every other way?

    Meteor is also blockable, dodgeable and than do no damage, ending up wasting whole ultimate.

    Look at Balista how beautifully its implemented comparing meteor.

    Meteor is not dodgeable.
    If you are able to dodge it, it is only because of the current bug(dodge very shortly before it lands).
    I already reported it.
    Hopefully ZOS will fix it soon.

    Anyway, I see my targets dodging and blocking most of time.

    Hardly seeing this ultimate landing on target and that AOE post hitting target is almost useless in PVP!

    Edited by Lord_Dexter on April 19, 2019 9:55AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    make ultimate damage depend on your highest stats -> give us a mag dawnbreaker

    It already is, problem is in source of damage as magicka uses spell penetration and in general have buffs to elemental and magic damage while DBoS is physical thus DBoS is far less potent on magicka than on stamina.
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

    Mael Stormfist - MagSorc - Grand Master Crafter.
    Mael Nightshadow - MagBlade - I'm right behind you.
    Mael Ironfist - MagPlar - BoL abuser.

    Off - sick and tired of ZOS incompetence each patch. I'm on forums just for salt.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS can reduce the base Ultimate cost of this Ultimate ability from 200 to 170.
    I Soloed Saint Llothis the Pious(Trial Boss)
    My Youtube channel
    Main character:
    Universe - AD magicka sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, The Trial Bosses Solo Slayer
    Top alts: Genius(Stamina/Magicka Dragonknight) The Force(Stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    ESO player since beta & early access
    PC EU server
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Guild Master of "The Champions" - AD AvA & Dueling guild
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it so the dot sticks if you get hit/walk into the ground AOE.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With recent buff to Dawnbreaker, there are many more reasons to use this Ultimate but is ZOS closing eyes on Meteor?

    It has no use in PVE or PVP except gaining 2% Magicka Increase and 2% Magicka Recovery, i even stop raising my characters mages Guild Level to 10.

    Fighters Guild Ultimate Recent Buff
    Dawnbreaker: Increased the delay on the Damage over Time effect to 2 seconds from 1 second. Total duration is now 6 seconds, rather than 5 seconds.

    Dawnbreaker of Smiting (morph): The stun from this ability no longer ranks up from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds; instead, it is a flat 2 seconds at all ranks. This morph now progressively gets stronger in damage as it ranks up instead. This will result in a 5.7% initial hit damage increase, and a 9% Damage over Time portion increase.

    Ignoring the fact that the first DoT tick gets a noticeable delay to suit your agend?
    Alucardo wrote: »
    There is only one reason to use Dawnbreaker - because nothing else compares to it for stamina builds. They don't have as many options as magicka does.
    Using that as your argument to buff meteor is completely unjustified.

    Stamina have many other excellent Ulitmates i.e. [...] class ultimate are not bad either!

    Which one?
    Sincerely, your neighborhood stamsorc
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    make ultimate damage depend on your highest stats -> give us a mag dawnbreaker

    It already is, problem is in source of damage as magicka uses spell penetration and in general have buffs to elemental and magic damage while DBoS is physical thus DBoS is far less potent on magicka than on stamina.

    no it is not, it always deals physical damage. I want that the damage type scales with on what stat is higher.

    mag char uses dawnbreak it should deal mag damage
    stam char using meteor it should deal physical damage
    ..
    EU player that is salty about BAD performance and not working BGs
Sign In or Register to comment.