Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mages Guild Ultimate : Meteor Is Ignored Again and Again

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With recent buff to Dawnbreaker, there are many more reasons to use this Ultimate but is ZOS closing eyes on Meteor?

It has no use in PVE or PVP except gaining 2% Magicka Increase and 2% Magicka Recovery, i even stop raising my characters mages Guild Level to 10.

Fighters Guild Ultimate Recent Buff
Dawnbreaker: Increased the delay on the Damage over Time effect to 2 seconds from 1 second. Total duration is now 6 seconds, rather than 5 seconds.

Dawnbreaker of Smiting (morph): The stun from this ability no longer ranks up from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds; instead, it is a flat 2 seconds at all ranks. This morph now progressively gets stronger in damage as it ranks up instead. This will result in a 5.7% initial hit damage increase, and a 9% Damage over Time portion increase.
Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 19, 2019 9:15AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one reason to use Dawnbreaker - because nothing else compares to it for stamina builds. They don't have as many options as magicka does.
    Using that as your argument to buff meteor is completely unjustified.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    There is only one reason to use Dawnbreaker - because nothing else compares to it for stamina builds. They don't have as many options as magicka does.

Stamina have many other excellent Ulitmates i.e. Ballista, Dual Wield Ultimate, 2H Ult (1v1) and class ultimate are not bad either!

Meteor need attention, its about balance,

Destro Ultimate cost is very higher, either Magicka rely on Class Ultimates or use DBS in PVP!

Due to lack of cheap good offensive ultimate not just stamina using DBS but also Magicka!

I am also trying to put point that ZOS buff something which is already in excellent place but ignoring what need to be improved!

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 19, 2019 9:52AM
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I know more magicka players running DBoS than meteor lol. I don't get why DB is still so overloaded with effects and damage tied to such a cheap cost. It's increadible that you can burst a whole group of players while stunning them at just 125 ultimate PLUS granting you 3% more weapon damage.

I'm more for a DB nerf than a meteor buff since I just think the power spike on DB is way too high. Another way would be to buff meteor's effect range to 8 meters similar to other aoe ultimates (tether, sweep, ...).
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually a very good point, something I never really considered. As a point of comparison in PvP: DBoS does about the same direct damage, far more DoT damage (bc it applies to target), has a cost that's only 63% the cost of Meteor, and is delayed with wildly obvious audio indicator.

The only thing Meteor has over DBoS is range, which is definitely significant. But is that big range difference worth the skill being worse in pretty much every other way?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spizzie wrote: »
    This is actually a very good point, something I never really considered. As a point of comparison in PvP: DBoS does about the same direct damage, far more DoT damage (bc it applies to target), has a cost that's only 63% the cost of Meteor, and is delayed with wildly obvious audio indicator.

The only thing Meteor has over DBoS is range, which is definitely significant. But is that big range difference worth the skill being worse in pretty much every other way?

Meteor is also blockable, dodgeable then do no damage and ending up wasting whole ultimate.

Look at Ballista how beautifully its implemented comparing meteor.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 19, 2019 9:53AM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Meteor is also blockable, dodgeable and than do no damage, ending up wasting whole ultimate.

Look at Balista how beautifully its implemented comparing meteor.

Meteor is not dodgeable.
    If you are able to dodge it, it is only because of the current bug(dodge very shortly before it lands).
    I already reported it.
    Hopefully ZOS will fix it soon.
    Edited by Universe on April 19, 2019 9:43AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make ultimate damage depend on your highest stats -> give us a mag dawnbreaker
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Universe wrote: »

Meteor is also blockable, dodgeable and than do no damage, ending up wasting whole ultimate.

Look at Balista how beautifully its implemented comparing meteor.

Meteor is not dodgeable.
    If you are able to dodge it, it is only because of the current bug(dodge very shortly before it lands).
    I already reported it.
    Hopefully ZOS will fix it soon.

Anyway, I see my targets dodging and blocking most of time.

Hardly seeing this ultimate landing on target and that AOE post hitting target is almost useless in PVP!

Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 19, 2019 9:55AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

It already is, problem is in source of damage as magicka uses spell penetration and in general have buffs to elemental and magic damage while DBoS is physical thus DBoS is far less potent on magicka than on stamina.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS can reduce the base Ultimate cost of this Ultimate ability from 200 to 170.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it so the dot sticks if you get hit/walk into the ground AOE.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With recent buff to Dawnbreaker, there are many more reasons to use this Ultimate but is ZOS closing eyes on Meteor?

It has no use in PVE or PVP except gaining 2% Magicka Increase and 2% Magicka Recovery, i even stop raising my characters mages Guild Level to 10.

Fighters Guild Ultimate Recent Buff
    Dawnbreaker: Increased the delay on the Damage over Time effect to 2 seconds from 1 second. Total duration is now 6 seconds, rather than 5 seconds.

Dawnbreaker of Smiting (morph): The stun from this ability no longer ranks up from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds; instead, it is a flat 2 seconds at all ranks. This morph now progressively gets stronger in damage as it ranks up instead. This will result in a 5.7% initial hit damage increase, and a 9% Damage over Time portion increase.

Ignoring the fact that the first DoT tick gets a noticeable delay to suit your agend?
    Alucardo wrote: »

Stamina have many other excellent Ulitmates i.e. [...] class ultimate are not bad either!

Which one?
    Sincerely, your neighborhood stamsorc
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Zer0oo wrote: »

It already is, problem is in source of damage as magicka uses spell penetration and in general have buffs to elemental and magic damage while DBoS is physical thus DBoS is far less potent on magicka than on stamina.

no it is not, it always deals physical damage. I want that the damage type scales with on what stat is higher.

mag char uses dawnbreak it should deal mag damage
    stam char using meteor it should deal physical damage
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23