The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Losing the entire map overnight.

• Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If an alliamce have so few people online compared to others, give npcs buff. Maybe spawn extra guards to chase and atack like players.

That way, pvdoor'ers dont cap all by cheese but they will put in the effort.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Google "timezones" and be prepared to be educated ...
    shades.gif

PS: You can't seriously suggest that ZOS shut down the servers when *you* go to sleep?
    unsure.gif
    When did I say to shut them down when *I* go to sleep? I guess i wasnt clear enough because some people can't seriously understand that what I meant was them being open during a certain time and being closed during a certain time. I know time zones are tricky being on a mega server (forgive me I played an est wow server for about 10 years), but say closing at 3 am est and opening 9 am est

that sounds like a good idea.
    i hope they do that.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    shades.gif

PS: You can't seriously suggest that ZOS shut down the servers when *you* go to sleep?
    unsure.gif
    When did I say to shut them down when *I* go to sleep? I guess i wasnt clear enough because some people can't seriously understand that what I meant was them being open during a certain time and being closed during a certain time. I know time zones are tricky being on a mega server (forgive me I played an est wow server for about 10 years), but say closing at 3 am est and opening 9 am est

i hope they do that.

You want to close the campaign at 8pm for me? Do you understand the concept of a time zone?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    shades.gif

unsure.gif

i hope they do that.

You want to close the campaign at 8pm for me?
    yes

• StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shades.gif

unsure.gif

i hope they do that.

yes
    Sounds like a plan, just in return, provide us that do evening, late night and early morning campaigns at minimum 500k AP each time they close at night. You know, for sake of balance and fair treatment, since you wish to segregate a large portion of the players for your personal ideals.
    Edited by StormeReigns on April 18, 2019 10:57PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All factions have taken turns “night” capping different campaigns at one point or another. You just don’t notice it as much when it’s your faction. But as others have said, it’s ridiculous to suggest that they turn off pvp when you’re done playing. And while “night” capping does happen in a PvDoor sense, there are also a fair amount of time when Vivek at least has a very fun two bar across pop on off hours and there are good fights. One faction just ends up winning. But I agree that if your faction has 2 bars and the other factions have one, you should earn little to no AP. There should hve to be at least one other faction matching your estimated population.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shades.gif

unsure.gif

i hope they do that.

yes

Can't tell if trolling or really that selfish.

Darn, there's another broken sarcasm detector. Time to order a new one.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shades.gif

unsure.gif

i hope they do that.

yes

I don't need to say anything more.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO NIGHT CAP OR GO CRY !
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    So 1, no, they can't shut the servers down because prime time is over, that would be stupid for those that have to play in off hours due to time zone and other factors.

BUT: The players in question are doing this not as a bi-product of playing at differing times, but because they want to win the campaign, and are willing to do it by any means necessary, even if their method of "Winning" isn't really a victory against other players..

In this particular situation, the campaign is DEAD at any time but prime time. This started because EP would take the map over night. Fine. But THEN. They do everything in their power to hold every keep on the map. During the first month of these activities by these people, they would respond to flagged resources with 10+ people.

Would you want to play a campaign where not only is everything that you fought to take is taken back without you being able to defend it, but where those same people who "stole" the map respond to you doing anything with overwhelming numbers? Id venture no.

This is why people don't log in until they are sure they will have a group that can fight the 10+ people.

Is this behavior against the rules? no. Is this behavior something ZOS can stop? not without massive changes. Does this behavior lead to a "win"? Yes. and this would be why these players do it.

Is this behavior scummy? yes. Is this behavior toxic? yes.

The problem is, the only way to stop this behavior is to disinsentivise it. Change the scoring system so that if one faction has a 3-4-5:1 population ratio, NO ONE EARNS POINTS. This way, people who want to play at this time, can still play, but those who simply want the cheap win can't get it.

That wouldnt work, so if i want to win a campain i just have to lead once and than make sure to be the weakest faction all the time ? sounds still like an easy win to me
    If i needed to fix the problem i would either reset the scrolls every day or lock them so none can take it during the night times (that wouldnt affect ppl who want to play in the late hours since scrolls dont give much ap but it would prevent a big point leap over night because scrolls give the biggest point gain)
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll in the faction locked... people glory hunting to the colours that most people on at nights. One of the reasons why this happening...

..also theu should reduce the amount points scored when population gets low on lob sided even more... the scrolls should protected by very strong npc's thus they can't just simply pick them up when other alliances are sleeping etc etc.

There are ways to fix this issue and faction lock is a good start...
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Older generations speak of tales, in light that current surviving generations dont have to suffer it. But this current gaming generation is dead set on reviving Jim Crow laws for selfish reasons and needs.

And this thread, and the thread's supporters are solid evidence of its return into society.
    Edited by StormeReigns on April 19, 2019 3:44PM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can’t we just compromise by ONLY opening the campaign when Gilvoth isn’t looking.

That would be funny.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uh-oh... 0139am pst and... Looks like a couple of keeps just flipped. @Gilvoth and @Luckylancer not gonna be too happy about it.

• Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    So 1, no, they can't shut the servers down because prime time is over, that would be stupid for those that have to play in off hours due to time zone and other factors.

BUT: The players in question are doing this not as a bi-product of playing at differing times, but because they want to win the campaign, and are willing to do it by any means necessary, even if their method of "Winning" isn't really a victory against other players..

In this particular situation, the campaign is DEAD at any time but prime time. This started because EP would take the map over night. Fine. But THEN. They do everything in their power to hold every keep on the map. During the first month of these activities by these people, they would respond to flagged resources with 10+ people.

Would you want to play a campaign where not only is everything that you fought to take is taken back without you being able to defend it, but where those same people who "stole" the map respond to you doing anything with overwhelming numbers? Id venture no.

This is why people don't log in until they are sure they will have a group that can fight the 10+ people.

Is this behavior against the rules? no. Is this behavior something ZOS can stop? not without massive changes. Does this behavior lead to a "win"? Yes. and this would be why these players do it.

Is this behavior scummy? yes. Is this behavior toxic? yes.

The problem is, the only way to stop this behavior is to disinsentivise it. Change the scoring system so that if one faction has a 3-4-5:1 population ratio, NO ONE EARNS POINTS. This way, people who want to play at this time, can still play, but those who simply want the cheap win can't get it.

That wouldnt work, so if i want to win a campain i just have to lead once and than make sure to be the weakest faction all the time ? sounds still like an easy win to me
    If i needed to fix the problem i would either reset the scrolls every day or lock them so none can take it during the night times (that wouldnt affect ppl who want to play in the late hours since scrolls dont give much ap but it would prevent a big point leap over night because scrolls give the biggest point gain)

hmm. so your telling me, that you can control every person in your faction in order to keep your population low?
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    Zavijah wrote: »
    Actually, the Reds in question are all late night Americans. And a Romanian.

So the majority are actually from your timezone, but just choose to play later.
    A Romanian Stam Sorc with an affinity for invis pots, Xv1, and Pvdoor? Lmao
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    I love to gate AD or EP then turn in for the day, then get on, they have done the same. Its how it is, unless you play 24/7 with your guild large enough to defend.

How about you adapt and overcome, war is not 9-5pm, its non stop. So go to bed early one day, get up at a different time and defend your keeps. Then play one day aslong as you can, then change up your routine again to grind at a different time to keep the enemy guessing.

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shades.gif

unsure.gif

lolwut
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    shades.gif

unsure.gif

You're kidding, right? All of my friends are from New Zealand....3am EST is 7pm for them...you seriously are out of your mind if you think this is even an acceptable suggestion. It's beyond selfish.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that all the Oceanic players hop into the same faction.
    Then proceed to complain that they can't find fights and have to PVDoor the map.

If they just used their brains and separated somewhat equally into the 3 factions, they would have the same PVP experience that the rest of us have.
    It must be a pretty sad version of ESO Cyrodiil that these people see and I genuinely feel bad about that. But it's something that only they can fix themselves.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Then proceed to complain that they can't find fights and have to PVDoor the map.

If they just used their brains and separated somewhat equally into the 3 factions, they would have the same PVP experience that the rest of us have.
    It must be a pretty sad version of ESO Cyrodiil that these people see and I genuinely feel bad about that. But it's something that only they can fix themselves.

You don't even know. lmao, keep trying
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    So in other words, the enemy is employing real-life tactics used by guerrilla combatants in real-world military engagements going back thousands of years. Cool! Striking at night when everyone is asleep is smart.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t worry, faction lock will solve this issue
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavijah wrote: »
    Actually, the Reds in question are all late night Americans. And a Romanian.

So the majority are actually from your timezone, but just choose to play later.

[quote=This thread is beyond stupid[/quote]

So is your comment
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here we witness my noobness to a forum

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As an oceanic player this isn't true. The AD late night guilds that paint the map yellow are 95% American and Canadian players. I have been in one of the guilds when they played DC so I know this.
    All the players in this timezone stay on their mains for 99% of the time. I am always fighting for and against the same people.
    There is an imbalance in population of 1 bar usually, and in organisation as there doesn't seem to be a competent EP guild on at that time and only 1 DC guild, but not an imbalance in skill. The other two factions are slowly fighting back against the nightcapping behaviour of AD.
    But to blame people for swapping factions at this time of night is inaccurate and unable to be proven.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

It won't because the AD late night population is entirely AD mains.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Uh-oh... 0139am pst and... Looks like a couple of keeps just flipped. @Gilvoth and @Luckylancer not gonna be too happy about it.

lol
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

shut down the servers when you go to sleep?

its a start, and it would be nice.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

It won't because the AD late night population is entirely AD mains.

I was obviously being sarcastic, i will delete all my pvp alts when lock hits..no point in playing them if i can’t have some homed sotha and the rest vivec