The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 22 - Bug Reports for Necromancer

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer pets appear to trigger a global cooldown when they expire "naturally" (including when the Blastbones explodes on its target). If I stand in one location, spamming the Spirit Mender over and over without letting the full duration expire, everything works just fine. But if I try to cast any ability right as the timer runs out, my character just does a quick arm twitch and fails to actually do anything. Since this also affects the Blastbones, it frequently makes things feel sluggish and pretty unresponsive in combat.
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three bugs:
    1) Caltrops not firing (on necromancer)
    2) Endless hail not firing (on necromancer)
    3) Blastbones becomes uncastable

video in my other post:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/471780/necromancer-combat-bugs-pts-v5-0-2

I think it has something to do with the long animations.

And like wheem said:
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Necromancer pets appear to trigger a global cooldown when they expire "naturally" (including when the Blastbones explodes on its target). If I stand in one location, spamming the Spirit Mender over and over without letting the full duration expire, everything works just fine. But if I try to cast any ability right as the timer runs out, my character just does a quick arm twitch and fails to actually do anything. Since this also affects the Blastbones, it frequently makes things feel sluggish and pretty unresponsive in combat.

Could potentially be a GCD issue?

Wasn't having these problems as much in 5.0.1
    -Telvanni
    The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
    Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• osakano
    osakano
    ✭✭✭
    when a blighted blasbone is summoned and running you cant fire any ground aoe skill off
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TeIvanni wrote: »
    Three bugs:

video in my other post:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/471780/necromancer-combat-bugs-pts-v5-0-2

And like wheem said:

Experiencing the same things on a stamnecro.

Caltrops in particular but also failing to cast: Blastbones, Detonating Syphon, Skeletal Archer, and basically every other skill failed to cast at some point. Necro is basically unplayable right now. Necro tanks were having the same issues.

Edited by LiquidPony on May 1, 2019 1:06AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three bugs:

video in my other post:

And like wheem said:

This is interesting, I wonder if this is what was causing my issue with Boneyard. For some reason once in awhile when I go to cast it, I'll just fire off a light attack instead. I don't think I have any other issues with any of the other abilities, but this happens frequently enough both during parses and in Sunspire that it's really started to annoy me. I do have quick cast on for ground target abilities too so there shouldn't be anything getting in the way of it casting properly. I would say this happens possibly 1 in every 5 times I go to refresh the aoe.

Has anyone else had this issue with Boneyard? Maybe something here is happening with the animation being delayed like Nightblade's Strife/Funnel Health/Swallow Soul used to be, but the animation doesn't "feel" like Strife did before it was changed/fixed, so it's hard to really pin down what's going on.
    Edited by ecru on May 1, 2019 1:36AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • osakano
    osakano
    ✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    Three bugs:

video in my other post:

And like wheem said:

This is interesting, I wonder if this is what was causing my issue with Boneyard. For some reason once in awhile when I go to cast it, I'll just fire off a light attack instead. I don't think I have any other issues with any of the other abilities, but this happens frequently enough both during parses and in Sunspire that it's really started to annoy me. I do have quick cast on for ground target abilities too so there shouldn't be anything getting in the way of it casting properly. I would say this happens possibly 1 in every 5 times I go to refresh the aoe.

Has anyone else had this issue with Boneyard? Maybe something here is happening with the animation being delayed like Nightblade's Strife/Funnel Health/Swallow Soul used to be, but the animation doesn't "feel" like Strife did before it was changed/fixed, so it's hard to really pin down what's going on.

ITs any ground aoe that wont fire off while a blastone is running from you to the target ie once it is summoned and starts chasing the target.
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    osakano wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    Three bugs:

video in my other post:

And like wheem said:

ITs any ground aoe that wont fire off while a blastone is running from you to the target ie once it is summoned and starts chasing the target.

I really don’t feel like thats the sole cause. The run time from our stack in sunspire to the dragon is really short so Blastbones goes off almost immediately. In that time of Blastbones being down, I literally couldn’t cast caltrops, venom skull, or summon skeleton. There’s something else funky going on.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes for me there is a big delay when I try to cast boneyard on top of a blastbone corps.
    It will fail 90% of the time with my hand in the air and the aoe not going off.

Whatever change was made to blastbone made the class really clunky to play.

Also the blastbone seems to now only jump if casted from max range which makes the skill a lot less fun to play than before. Now when you cast it mid range or in melee range it just runs slower than before and explode without jumping.
    Edited by Revokus on May 1, 2019 4:00AM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • osakano
    osakano
    ✭✭✭

yes after further testing this is the case when the pet creates a corps or the blastone explodes you cant get any other skill off
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three bugs:

video in my other post:

I'm having the same issues on the PTS right now: in particular, caltrops, endless hail, and pestilent colossus are refusing to be cast. It takes 2-3 tries sometimes for these skills to go off, and it's messing up the rotations. Is this a problem with the PTS, or has something gone wrong with the way these skills are fired/animation cancelled? They are behaving a bit as if the 'quick cast ground aoes' is turned off.
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Torael_Valdis
    Thanks for this video and doing the research to discover the root of the problem.
    https://youtu.be/m7mF5fviAN4

Looks like its the reusable parts passive that they changed in this most recent PTS iteration.
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Torael_Valdis
    Torael_Valdis
    Soul Shriven
    @Torael_Valdis
    Thanks for this video and doing the research to discover the root of the problem.

Looks like its the reusable parts passive that they changed in this most recent PTS iteration.

No problem. I have also heard from Lindelt that rank 1/2 is working correctly, and it is only rank 2/2 that is bugged.
    PC-NA
    Mundus
    CP 810 Stamina Nightblade | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    CP 810 Magicka Nightblade | Immortal Redeemer
  • LexrayEmberrr
    LexrayEmberrr
    ✭✭✭
    @Torael_Valdis

Magicka Necro suffers from the same problem.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Torael_Valdis

No problem. I have also heard from Lindelt that rank 1/2 is working correctly, and it is only rank 2/2 that is bugged.
    Tested that myself on a Magicka Necromancer, and it is indeed the case. Having Reusable Parts at 0/2 or 1/2 doesn't cause the global cooldown to trigger when a "pet" expires, but with 2/2 points it does.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blastbone is interrupting any abilities with a cast time ( Ex: Soul Assault).
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities that consume corps often won't fire while the icon says it's available. I suspect it's because we can see other corpses from ennemy players and the system get's confused.
    Edited by Revokus on May 4, 2019 4:27AM
  • heribertus
    heribertus
    ✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »

Blastbone interrupts any ability
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interrupting your own ability or enemy soul assaults?

I haven’t tested this week, but I believe almost all of the necro DOTs besides graveyard and morphs are not scaling as DOTs with CP or the necro passive.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Interrupting your own ability or enemy soul assaults?

I haven’t tested this week, but I believe almost all of the necro DOTs besides graveyard and morphs are not scaling as DOTs with CP or the necro passive.

Your own abilities gets interrupted if your blastbone gets in your line of sight.
    Edited by Revokus on May 4, 2019 5:39PM
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heribertus wrote: »
    Revokus wrote: »

Blastbone interrupts any ability

I know but I put 1 point in the reusable parts passive suggested above so that you can cast aoe's after a blastbone explodes. It works but the Blastbone cuts cast time abilities now.
  • Siaetto
    Siaetto
    Soul Shriven
    [Necromancer] - Ability Pathfinding Bugs
    • Physical objects / environment elevation changes prevents movement of Blastbones to move towards target. (Similar to streak bug in previous patches)
    • Blastbones loses it's pathfinding, and never reaches target occasionally.
  • Dark_Shady
    Dark_Shady
    ✭✭
    My issue is also with Blastbones, its with blastbones and snipe, as the blastbones detonates it cancels my snipe and interrupts it and i can't recast for 3 seconds.

No sound and appologies if laggy, Also my bow is bugged, its actually appears as my axe on my feet. This bug has no effect on the blastbones bug.

https://youtu.be/X0Zk2L_w810
  • Vexarius
    Vexarius
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying a heavy attack build with a lightning staff with my necromancer and notice a strange bug while channeling that makes my character move towards the target at walk speed during the channel without me moving the character myself.

A possible thing affecting this is the blast bones but I'm unsure and don't have another theory, if I cast it once it makes this happen, then i cast it again and it stops but not always. I am using an undaunted infiltrator staff. It doesn't occur while heavy attacking with a fire staff.

Additionally I am also having this issue with abilities not firing off, and blastbones getting in my LOS and cancelling channels. This is annoying because the lightning staff channel is important here, and it is stuffing up the rotations.
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    No fix for reusable parts this update?
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a bug with the stamina heal in the healing tree for the Necromancer. The heal is not scaling correctly to stamina but is still scaling off magicka.

Wait...

There still isn't a Necromancer class stamina heal is there?

Sorry, my bad...NVM.
    Edited by DeathStalker on May 7, 2019 9:05PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a bug with the stamina heal in the healing tree for the Necromancer. The heal is not scaling correctly to stamina but is still scaling off magicka.

Wait...

There still isn't a Necromancer class stamina heal is there?

Sorry, my bad...NVM.
    Stamina builds don't need more silence-immune healing on top of what they already get, especially if it means taking away Magicka Necromancer's Stamina sustain in PvP.
    I'll be testing that once the patch finally finishes downloading and updating; I suspect that not every "small" fix makes the patchnotes.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystic Siphon still isn't hitting any of the bosses in Sunspire. The ability in general is already unreliable, but ~7% of a necro's DPS, not being able to use it on any of the bosses in the newest trial isn't a good look. I'd imagine it's just as unreliable in a lot of other encounters too, which will probably leave necro (mag necro at least) behind other dps in a lot of trials/dungeons.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else experienced a dismounting bug when your summons expires?

I've noticed if I have my healing spirit summoned and I mount up- when the summons dies- it automatically dismounts me.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested this a little bit ago and it's still broken. Having 2 points in Reusable Parts will still trigger a global cooldown/self-interrupt anytime one of the Necromancer "pets" explodes or expires.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my Blastbones explode, I can't use any ability at that moment in the intended way. It's difficult to time, but when doing my rotation it happens all the time accidently.

In some cases it seems, although the animation is not played and the skill is not applied, the SOUND of the animation is still played. This happened to me with Endless Hail, which is how I found out about the problem in the first place. It required some testing to find Blastbones as source of this bug.

This is a serious bug which needs to be fixed. It seems that the exploding Blastbones is triggering a GCD for abilities or something?
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!