The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Necromancer Combat Bugs PTS v5.0.2

TeIvanni
TeIvanni
✭✭✭✭
Stamina Necromancer is basically unplayable right now.

I ran into 3 glaring issues:
  1. Caltrops would not register.
  2. Endless hail would not register.
  3. Blastbones becomes uncastable.

I'm not sure what happened between v5.0.1 and v5.0.2
But ground dots are simply not firing off as they should be.
This has always been an issue, but is significantly worse with necromancer.
Specifically caltrops is not registering at all.

I did several parses without any issues on Stamina Nightblade/Sorcerer both of which use Caltrops/Endless Hail.
Which leads me to believe this is a necromancer issue.

I think this is mainly because of the long necromancer animations.
These necromancer abilities are causing you to flail your arms around wildly.
And I think that the game is trying to "catch up" so to speak with your charcter's skill animations.
This leads to issues where your character is significantly twitchier, or just casts abilities without animations.
It causes skill weaving to be quite painful and the abilities (specifically ground dots) are likely to fail to cast.

Here is a video showing the issues:
https://youtu.be/mj3Gxhw3O6w
-Telvanni
The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
[Immortal Redeemer]
[Gryphonheart]
[Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, I actually posted a thread similar to this, and had I seen this first, I wouldn’t have.

It’s really bad right now. My raid group tried running Sunspire tonight and we had 3 stam and 1 tank necro, and the vast majority of our skills weren’t registering at all.

Even summon skeleton wasn’t working half the time. Completely unplayable.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having the same issue with Boneyard on PTS since Necro went live. I don't know if it's the animation or something else, but I'm definitely having a problem where instead of the ground aoe being casted (with quick cast on), I just fire off a light attack. Doesn't seem to be related to lag because it happens during parses and in Sunspire.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think at least some of this is related to the GCD issue I mentioned in the thread for reporting Necromancer bugs. Whenever a Necromancer pet expires "naturally" (which includes the Blastbones exploding on its target), it triggers a global cooldown, interrupting any other ability that's being cast. I thought this might have something to do with a corpse being generated, but I tested Bone Armor and didn't experience the same problem; it appears limited to the pets expiring (recasting before the duration runs out, which isn't possible for the Blastbones, doesn't trigger a GCD, whether or not a corpse is generated).
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has something to do with pets dying. Some skills become uncastable and I keep getting dismounted when my arcanist or ghost dies
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.