The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 22 - Bug Reports for Elsweyr (Zone, Quests, etc)

• jdbassjr
    jdbassjr
    ✭✭
    Reposted on PTS Update 22 - Feedback Thread for Elsweyr Main Quest [SPOILERS/NDA CONTENT] Bookmark
    Edited by jdbassjr on April 20, 2019 6:10AM
  • jdbassjr
    jdbassjr
    ✭✭
    Reposted on PTS Update 22 - Feedback Thread for Elsweyr Main Quest [SPOILERS/NDA CONTENT] Bookmark

Edited by jdbassjr on April 20, 2019 6:11AM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jdbassjr Wrong thread.

• Iterw42
    Iterw42
    The quest markers for Mizzik Thunderboots and Iraya both show the arrow regardless of if you are inside a building or outside one.

Has anyone found a way to find Iraya? Her quest marker shows "below" in a building near Mizzik; but there is no entrance that leads down in that building or surrounding it.
    "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

Steam - K'Iterw
    Uplay - Kiterw
    ESO - @Iterw42
    (K'Iterw[AD], Foghorn L'ghorn [AD] - Erza Vici[DC] - Naitowoka[EP], Skrillene[EP]))
    ESO/PTC - @Iterw42
  • raegun
    raegun
    ✭✭
    I have been having issues with target dummys not respawning in the hall of the lunar champion Its happened in the main chamber and the chamber that you get with the cap template ive been parsing on my mag necro template it has happened with my voidplasm dummy and the dromathra dummy leaving the house and re entering sometimes fixes it but the last time i did that the voidplasm reapeared with what looks like 0 health. retrieving the dummy does not seem to work.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reward boxes from the Ri'hirr and Nisuzi dailies sometimes contain Culanda Lacquer instead of Shimmering Sand.
    2W0Mfuf.png

Both use the same icon. That may have something to do with it.
    fPeiFXj.png
  • akelaMC
    akelaMC
    Soul Shriven
    l42nxfyvsmba.jpg

Cannot loot this 1st boss in this Delve, I think his name is "quillumane" or smth. Also part of a quest - name is in the top right

Boss glows yellow - should be lootable - unable to loot
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Iterw42 wrote: »
    The quest markers for Mizzik Thunderboots and Iraya both show the arrow regardless of if you are inside a building or outside one.

Has anyone found a way to find Iraya? Her quest marker shows "below" in a building near Mizzik; but there is no entrance that leads down in that building or surrounding it.

On the East side of the room when you walk into the House of Histories there will be a door leading downstairs to The Kingdom Exhibit where she is.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    No free character slot as mentioned in ESO live.

It's PTS you have 5500 crowns and a new character slot costs 1 crown.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Part of the main quest Jode's Core is totally bugged. Can't fight the dragon to complete it. The mobs stop spawning and the dragon doesn't do anything except hover over the other dragon. Tried a couple times, then gave up.

Likewise and ditto. 'Tis bugged for me as well.

I tried dropping the quest and restarting it, and found that if my character died, the quest bugged as described. On an attempt where my character did not die, the fight did not bug out.
    Edited by theskymoves on April 21, 2019 7:20PM
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭
    Iterw42 wrote: »

Eventually you get a quest to talk to her. Then a previously locked door in the House of History is usable and you can go downstairs to talk to her. Still a bug that the marker is there too early and from outside the building.
  • Ezio_Bugmaker
    Ezio_Bugmaker
    Soul Shriven
    Zamarak's face emotions are not always working. Most of phrases got no lip animations, only some of them working properly. Videos attached.
    May your road leads you to warm sands...
  • Ezio_Bugmaker
    Ezio_Bugmaker
    Soul Shriven
    I am not sure if that a bug, but some of NPCs of Khajiiti race are incredibly giant, even though the player has a minimal height. All another NPCs on the first location are normal height, some little bigger, some a bit taller, but this one is the biggest of all. And the player can easily come through this character.
    lu7dp771l9zl.jpg
    yjkccaau1zow.jpg
    May your road leads you to warm sands...
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The following books probably need post-quest locations, in case anything goes wrong during the interaction with them as part of their associated quests (All of these are unconnected to the main quest, and thus ostensibly free of the NDA restrictions):

Reward for Stolen Wine
    Starts the quest "The Connoisseur" and disappears from the world after grabbing the first bottle of wine. Possible post-quest locations could be the spot where it's found at Elsweyr 16.62x69.45, or somewhere near Hofgrad Kjisorssen, to whom you hand the bottles.
    Hadaz's Final Letter
    Interacted with as part of "Iron in the Blood," the quest for Darkpool Mine. It and Hadaz's body disappear after the quest. A possible post-quest location exists in the area outside or just inside the Darkpool Mine entrance, where you start and finish the quest respectively.
    The Thief's Riddle
    Interacted with as part of "The Song of Kingdoms" and disappears after interaction. It could be placed either somewhere within the Kingdom Exhibit, or on the floor above as a post-quest location
    Riddles of the Rithada-di-Renada
    This is obtained in the quest inventory during the quest "The Song of Kingdoms," and then added to the player's inventory thereafter. While it remains there until deleted, it may also be wise to have a static copy of it in the world in case something goes wrong. Perhaps not entirely necessary, but worth considering.

On a different note, while doing the quest "Preserving the Prowl," I came across a book entitled Beast Acquisitions Log. However, it is not listed in the Eidetic Memory collection, and it remained gold/was not added to the collection when I interacted with it.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on April 22, 2019 8:18PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new tutorial Bright Moons, Warm Sands doesn't reward a Skill Point like the other tutorials. You also don't get a tutorial goody-box (like the Sealed Urn, Waterlogged Strong Box, or Forgotten Adventurer's Strong Box) on completing the tutorial.

However, you do get all of these things (Skill Point and Forgotten Adventurer's Strong Box) if you skip the Elsweyr tutorial - therefore the tutorial not giving these as a reward is likely a bug.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    After yesterdays patch there seem to be problems with character deletion as well as character creation.

The first thing I tried to do today was delete the template character I created last week. After confirming the deletion nothing happened. Then I tried to delete one of my actual characters. Same phenomenon, I confirmed the deletion but nothing happened.

I went ahead and tried to create a new character. After entering a character name ( I chose the same one as my template, which I tried to delete before) and selecting to play the tutorial, nothing happened. No notice that the name was already taken but also no loading into the game. I renamed the character and clicked the create button again. This time nothing happened at all, not even the question whether I want to play the tutorial or not.

So I tried to go back to character selection - just to see, if my previous character deletions had finally registered. But the back button didn't work either. I had to force close the game and restart it just to get out of the character creation.
    Edited by feyii on April 23, 2019 9:42AM
  • vierne
    vierne
    ✭✭
    Quest - In Defense of Elsweyr

Looked like this quest requires Murkmire (which would be terrible for players who buy Elsweyr but then don't have Murkmire). But when I had bought the Murkmire DLC on the Crown Store and got to Lilmoth, my objective, Jo'isi, isn't there. Though according to the journal entry, Jo'isi is supposed to be in Rimmen. It's probably that but his quest marker for some reason points to some random spot in Lilmoth.

8jq9ha32vt77.png

Also, don't know where to put this but the Champion of Anequina title appears to be bugged, at least on the self - replacing the character name with <1>. The other titles work fine.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Controller mode - Jump has been set to on-release instead of on-press. On live it is on-press and works much better.

If you skip the Elsweyr tutorial you get a loot box, abyssal necklace and 3 skill points. If you actually do the tutorial you do NOT get the loot box or necklace and only get 2 skill points.
  • LotteSnowEater
    r20bxl57dkb3.png

In the Side Quest "The Riverhold Abduction" Mizzik is no where to be found after trespassing into Tajirri's home to find a note. The quest marker is there where he is supposed to be, but no Mizzik. Mizzik is missing.

Edit: I logged out last night and then logged back in today. Mizzik has now appeared and I can finish the quest.
    Edited by LotteSnowEater on April 28, 2019 1:04AM
    Stay fragrant, five claw.
  • vierne
    vierne
    ✭✭
    Decided to have a poke at some of the new furniture, which is all good except the legs on one side of this particular table (Elsweyr Cabinet, Wall) are not as long as the legs on the other side.
    qcvp2at75jxc.png

Then I exited the Sugar Bowl inn into Rimmen and got this.
    6c6hfna0cgc9.png
    7ptrwkyw3lq7.png

I also did a bit of fishing. Not sure if catching 4/12 rare fish in the space of about half an hour + time spent gathering bait means an obnoxiously high drop rate, or if it's just that all 12 rare fish are in the same water type. Also, some of the torchbugs especially in the lake west of Riverhold were too high up to catch.
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭
    r20bxl57dkb3.png

In the Side Quest "The Riverhold Abduction" Mizzik is no where to be found after trespassing into Tajirri's home to find a note. The quest marker is there where he is supposed to be, but no Mizzik. Mizzik is missing.

That one worked fine for me. Only problem I had with the quest was that the interior stealth missions have no real hiding spots and are in small homes with a lot of narrow spaces impossible to use stealth in.
  • Iterw42
    Iterw42
    The Main Story Quest "The Battle for Riverhold" has some issues:
    - I reported this for a couple bugs thru the /bug in-game. Let me link them and show a screenshot.
    - Gameplay normal until 2nd pillar to activate. AS in my bug report. It didn't work after dying defending Zamarak at the 2nd pillar. After reviving, Zamarak helped me kill a zombie, then disappeared. Was directed to 3rd pillar. Zamarak not there. Could not continue quest.
    - Logged out and back in. Zamarack there and following me, not activating pillar. Killed a zombie together, then he activated 3rd pillar.
    - All normal again until having to kill dragon. Townspeople basically did not help much, and I died really quickly. Dragon was at same strength as dragon in the wild; but there was ONLY MY CHARACTER to fight it. When I revived - The dragon was stationary and did not fight me at all. It was motionless; but breathing. Did not follow my movements at all, and let me attack it unimpeded. Nor did any other NPC do anything but stand around.
    - I submitted my 2nd /bug rteport at that point, standing in front of the motionless dragon.
    - I then killed dragon, and so far quest is continuing normally, though I am not finished with it yet.
    - Here is a screenshot of me in front of the dragon:6yn3p0qbuvrm.jpg

Steam - K'Iterw
    Uplay - Kiterw
    ESO - @Iterw42
    (K'Iterw[AD], Foghorn L'ghorn [AD] - Erza Vici[DC] - Naitowoka[EP], Skrillene[EP]))
    ESO/PTC - @Iterw42
  • Iterw42
    Iterw42
    Followup to my last. Quest finished normally. No further issues.

Steam - K'Iterw
    Uplay - Kiterw
    ESO - @Iterw42
    ESO/PTC - @Iterw42
  • whodaa
    whodaa
    Soul Shriven
    Found a bunch of naked people outside the tutorial area

sr10cehctc62.png
    9cy9cfguaqgf.png
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if that a bug, but some of NPCs of Khajiiti race are incredibly giant, even though the player has a minimal height. All another NPCs on the first location are normal height, some little bigger, some a bit taller, but this one is the biggest of all. And the player can easily come through this character.
    lu7dp771l9zl.jpg
    yjkccaau1zow.jpg

Say hello to the Pahmar-raht... one of many breeds. :)
    Zamarak's face emotions are not always working. Most of phrases got no lip animations, only some of them working properly. Videos attached.

This is still happening. Almost done with the main stories and I rarely, if ever see Zamarak mouthing his words during dialog.
  • Lemon_Curd
    Lemon_Curd
    Soul Shriven
    My favourite Pothead tried to shovel without a shovel. It was consistent and from every possible angle and distance.

bur3tkgyh4r2.jpg
    4acybdgd5kmt.jpg
    knxisyu53oh6.jpg

• lightgoddess333
    lightgoddess333
    Soul Shriven
    The game keeps crashing back to the character selection screen since the update
  • AScaryDinosaur
    I get kicked to character screen after just a few minutes of play. This occurs in the tutorial (as I do not have EU characters). Also, any progress or setting changes I have made is lost every time I log back onto the PTS. This has happened three times back to back.
    "Courage is not a lack of fear. Rather, it is the recognition there are things more important than fear." -Sai Sahan
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting kicked to character select screen also. Happens to me in housing and while trying to do a delve quest.
  • taiyoukei
    taiyoukei
    ✭✭✭
    Housing and apparently trial, delve, and dungeon instances continuously keep crashing since the 5.0.2 patch.
    "Taffer!"