The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is why we need Faction Locks!

josh.lackey_ESO
josh.lackey_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
zduvw3D.png

Every faction is within 50 points of each other, on the last day of the campaign!

What the heck?! I want my faction to roll over the whole map in uncompetitive gameplay.

I want to gate both factions so badly that they log off and cyrodiil is dead. These faction hoppers are actually working to make sure the campaign stays competitive, and I HATE IT!

Balanced PvP where either faction could pull ahead even on the last day is the world all the faction cheeters and spias want. It's digusting. I want to dominate the 30 day campaing in the first week, so that it is DEAD for the other 3 weeks.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to dominate the 30 day campaign in the first week, so that it is DEAD for the other 3 weeks.

FYI this is exactly what AP boosters do now on the quiet campaigns because of no lock, and that's in the opening days, they blitz the map one way, then the other, top out two leaderboards crazy high and kill the action for the duration.

Neither way is perfect, at least there will be choice going forward. Regardless players should stick together against the crappy behaviour of a few rather than fighting / sarcastic posts.

Pro-lock players didn't bring about this change, the cheaters did. So rather than directing your angst about change and making out the 'cheet' and 'spai' jokes to belittle the situation that's very real, direct it against those that were up to no good. Or some other solutions to cut that behaviour rather than denial.

The problem is people don't seem to want to call out AP boosters....makes me feel more were doing it than we realised. Nor have i seen other suggestions to stop cheating via switching....thus ZOS have taken the only step they could - choice. Some locked, some not.
    Edited by Beardimus on April 11, 2019 5:28AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz on whatever you are so happy about in regards to your campaign but why does the title state “this is why we need faction locks.”

(Sarcasm doesn’t always translate without context to the broader community)

Most requesting a faction locked campaign do not play on Vivec, and did not ask for Vivec to be locked... we just want our own faction locked campaign to call home.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i dont get your post.

Are we suppose to be thankful for the other players who make anytime spent in cyrodil for a month feel meaningless because they jump from fraction to fraction to try and keep the score artificially close?
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A close campaign is an exciting campaign! :smiley:
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This month the score is a fluke. Normally at this point the leader is 3-5K ahead. You can't use a one time situation as an example.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Gratz on whatever you are so happy about in regards to your campaign but why does the title state “this is why we need faction locks.”

(Sarcasm doesn’t always translate without context to the broader community)

Most requesting a faction locked campaign do not play on Vivec, and did not ask for Vivec to be locked... we just want our own faction locked campaign to call home.

Because OP does not have a clue what they are talking about.

They seem to think their faction is significantly stronger than the rest the only reason the score is close is because people swap side. That is absurd.

If they are being sarcastic it does not show up well.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The score is that close because there are people who actually care about the campaign score. These are generally the faction loyalists and the players/guilds who swap to the underdog.

The average faction hopper who just wants to play with friends, just wants to find good fights, wants to make good AP, or wants to troll usually doesnt care that much about the competitiveness or lack thereof with the campaign score. Which is why those folks will hopefully find a good home on Shor, where they can play how they like and the campaign score resets every 7 days whether they care about it or not.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 11, 2019 2:32PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so absurd.

There are posters in this forum who talk about how little they care about campaign scores and faction loyalty and then go on to claim they're the heroes who keep campaigns close -- from their strategic location of some irrelevant resource tower.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to all three alliances for making this campaign absolutely something to remember. The fights have been truly epic throughout the entire cycle right up to the end. No matter who wins, all three factions deserve credit for their respective efforts.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 11, 2019 4:48PM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    This is so absurd.

There are posters in this forum who talk about how little they care about campaign scores and faction loyalty and then go on to claim they're the heroes who keep campaigns close -- from their strategic location of some irrelevant resource tower.

lol XD
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually love your sarcasm
    NA-PC
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Fraction
    PC EU
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gave an Awesome for the sarcasm!
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    This month the score is a fluke. Normally at this point the leader is 3-5K ahead. You can't use a one time situation as an example.

This is the second vivec campaign for pc na in a row where it has been a fight to the finish. Flukes don't happen for a close 30 day twice. The factions are just perfectly balanced right now is all.

perfectly-balanced-as-all-things-should-be.jpg

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is so absurd.

The OP isn't saying faction swappers made the scores this close, the OP is saying that IN SPITE of faction swapping the campaign is extremely competitive, and that they have little impact on the score. It seemed a very simple and subtle message to me.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is so absurd.

Went right over your head, didn't it
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zduvw3D.png

Every faction is within 50 points of each other, on the last day of the campaign!

What the heck?! I want my faction to roll over the whole map in uncompetitive gameplay.

I want to gate both factions so badly that they log off and cyrodiil is dead. These faction hoppers are actually working to make sure the campaign stays competitive, and I HATE IT!

Balanced PvP where either faction could pull ahead even on the last day is the world all the faction cheeters and spias want. It's digusting. I want to dominate the 30 day campaing in the first week, so that it is DEAD for the other 3 weeks.

All I see in your screen shot is a massive yellow zerg group pvdooring all the map. Lock it or not, pvdooring is not going anywhere unless you add strong zerg counters into the game.
  • forumsmurf
    forumsmurf
    ✭✭✭
    This is so absurd.

Legit had me for a couple minutes because forum posters are usually single digit IQ and people who want faction lock are genuinely this autistic.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so, but whatever gives you a lul, I guess.
    Elong wrote: »
    The OP isn't saying faction swappers made the scores this close, the OP is saying that IN SPITE of faction swapping the campaign is extremely competitive, and that they have little impact on the score. It seemed a very simple and subtle message to me.
    I think it's pretty clear he's against a faction lock and suggests that multi-faction players keep the scores close. It's not actually very dry.

But regardless of the particular point the OP may have wanted to make, what I posted highlights a theme that I think has been common from players who genuinely don't care about factions.

I happen to think the way ZOS seems to be planning to implement locks will be an outrageous failure and therefore a bad idea, but many of the 'against' arguments are absurd.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think so, but whatever gives you a lul, I guess.
    I think it's pretty clear he's against a faction lock and suggests that multi-faction players keep the scores close. It's not actually very dry.

But regardless of the particular point the OP may have wanted to make, what I posted highlights a theme that I think has been common from players who genuinely don't care about factions.

I happen to think the way ZOS seems to be planning to implement locks will be an outrageous failure and therefore a bad idea, but many of the 'against' arguments are absurd.

As I know the OP, I'm 100% positive you are wrong, again.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /facepalm
    Whatever their intent was, it doesn't change what they actually posted or my point.

If the OP's point was intended to be what you've posted, a close scoreboard is not necessarily reflective of a competitive campaign; each faction may have taken turns completely dominating. In the case of this particular campaign, I would say most hourly intervals did not feature competitive gameplay. At least not when I played, and certainly not after midnight eastern time.
    Edited by zyk on April 12, 2019 5:30AM
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    A close campaign is an exciting campaign! :smiley:

The campaign score in vivec gives me anxiety.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /facepalm
    Whatever their intent was, it doesn't change what they actually posted or my point.

If the OP's point was intended to be what you've posted, a close scoreboard is not necessarily reflective of a competitive campaign; each faction may have taken turns completely dominating. In the case of this particular campaign, I would say most hourly intervals did not feature competitive gameplay. At least not when I played, and certainly not after midnight eastern time.

You hardly play, this campaign has been competitive as it comes, through all time zones (I know because I moved to a time zone 12 hours different half way through the campaign), and your point wasn't missed it's just totally inaccurate.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance lock would not be needed if you would somehow got rid of:
    - Zone "spies".
    - Scroll recovery "trolls", saboteurs.
    - Night / morning cap PvDoor that has a diciding factor when it comes to campaign scoring.
    - 2v1 -ing losing faction & gate camping it.
    - Playing for AP only.

I dont think you can achive that without faction lock.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You hardly play, this campaign has been competitive as it comes, through all time zones (I know because I moved to a time zone 12 hours different half way through the campaign)
    A common complaint the past two months has been AD pvdooring the map overnight eastern time. You don't have to be in Cyrodiil to see that when it happens.

It's true I'm not able to play as often as I like to, but when I am there's usually no point because the gameplay is pure crap for a variety of reasons -- which is also frequently discussed in the forums. But I'm glad you like it.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zduvw3D.png

Mhm... That's why on PC EU without faction lock AD has won around 22/24 campaigns.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance lock would not be needed if you would somehow got rid of:
    - Zone "spies".
    - Scroll recovery "trolls", saboteurs.
    - Night / morning cap PvDoor that has a diciding factor when it comes to campaign scoring.
    - 2v1 -ing losing faction & gate camping it.
    - Playing for AP only.

I dont think you can achive that without faction lock.

We had all of those things when there was a lock last time so no. Faction lock won't stop any of that.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's not close now after being pumped by 3 bars of DC during the OCE prime time. But it is what it is after 5 years factions rise and fall gratz to DC on the win.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lostcloud wrote: »
    Well, it's not close now after being pumped by 3 bars of DC during the OCE prime time. But it is what it is after 5 years factions rise and fall gratz to DC on the win.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the help we've got on DC had been faction swappers, and they have been here all month. First month I have ever had to wait in queue to get in DC outside of weekends and events. I think the bulk comes at the start of campaign when some groups actually chose which faction they are going to run and faction lock wont stop that. Then when some see that they're outnumbered, they follow to that faction. You just dont see as lopsided when its DC probably because theres plenty of AD and EP. Last month it was AD. When its EP, it gets very lopsided

I also had heard rumors of EU players that switch to NA and went DC giving us a big presence off peak.
    Edited by technohic on April 12, 2019 10:51AM
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    same for pc eu sotha ep especially in 2017
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...