The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is why we need Faction Locks!

• Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If unlocking factions worked like the original OP says, the score would have been like the screenshot posted every month since locks were removed.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance lock would not be needed if you would somehow got rid of:
    - Zone "spies".
    - Scroll recovery "trolls", saboteurs.
    - Night / morning cap PvDoor that has a diciding factor when it comes to campaign scoring.
    - 2v1 -ing losing faction & gate camping it.
    - Playing for AP only.

I dont think you can achive that without faction lock.

I like the faction lock. But it wont keep people from using voice chat to manipulate the game.

The NPC need to scale with the number of players. Just like the anchor or geysier events do. They need to scale up to monsters, so you cant solo-siege a castle at night. This would also stop the resource tower squatters.

A siege has to mean something. It doesnt matter if a campaign ends 100000:100011:100055 or 20:22:26
    Edited by mague on April 12, 2019 11:07AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I got from this post was I'll have transmute stones in 1d 17h
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD STRONG !
    AD POWERFUL !
    AD SHALL WIN FOREVER !
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    lostcloud wrote: »
    Well, it's not close now after being pumped by 3 bars of DC during the OCE prime time. But it is what it is after 5 years factions rise and fall gratz to DC on the win.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the help we've got on DC had been faction swappers, and they have been here all month. First month I have ever had to wait in queue to get in DC outside of weekends and events. I think the bulk comes at the start of campaign when some groups actually chose which faction they are going to run and faction lock wont stop that. Then when some see that they're outnumbered, they follow to that faction. You just dont see as lopsided when its DC probably because theres plenty of AD and EP. Last month it was AD. When its EP, it gets very lopsided

I also had heard rumors of EU players that switch to NA and went DC giving us a big presence off peak.

From what I've seen and heard, it's Wormhole (JP guild) capping the entire map for DC during off hours starting this campaign. That being said, I hope that they continue to play DC as it has been a very close campaign and it's fun to fight them. Ironically, they have been doing a better job than AD at putting points on the board.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 12, 2019 1:36PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, they need to have scoring scale based on population the way AP does. Less points for holding a keep relative to your average population difference for the period. These scores are shifting most on off peak hours. If they do that, stacking one faction would not be as effective
    Edited by technohic on April 12, 2019 1:31PM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    ITT: people who don't realize that campaign scores aren't really affected in any major way by people who want to move faction, and that those who do affect it are the ones generally making the scores closer and more competitive.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • poietin
    poietin
    ✭✭✭
    wait ppl don't get that this is sarcasm?

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Well, it's not close now after being pumped by 3 bars of DC during the OCE prime time. But it is what it is after 5 years factions rise and fall gratz to DC on the win.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the help we've got on DC had been faction swappers, and they have been here all month. First month I have ever had to wait in queue to get in DC outside of weekends and events. I think the bulk comes at the start of campaign when some groups actually chose which faction they are going to run and faction lock wont stop that. Then when some see that they're outnumbered, they follow to that faction. You just dont see as lopsided when its DC probably because theres plenty of AD and EP. Last month it was AD. When its EP, it gets very lopsided

I also had heard rumors of EU players that switch to NA and went DC giving us a big presence off peak.

From what I've seen and heard, it's Wormhole (JP guild) capping the entire map for DC during off hours starting this campaign. That being said, I hope that they continue to play DC as it has been a very close campaign and it's fun to fight them. Ironically, they have been doing a better job than AD at putting points on the board.

Have barely seen Wormhole in a long time; hopefully they are back though and can offset the other guilds. It's been a DC guild called Rats putting in the work for DC in Oceanic though.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have barely seen Wormhole in a long time; hopefully they are back though and can offset the other guilds. It's been a DC guild called Rats putting in the work for DC in Oceanic though.

Also, as they're primarily Australian based, it's not off hours, it's their prime time. And they're terrific.
    Edited by Elong on April 12, 2019 10:32PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »
    You hardly play, this campaign has been competitive as it comes, through all time zones (I know because I moved to a time zone 12 hours different half way through the campaign)
    A common complaint the past two months has been AD pvdooring the map overnight eastern time. You don't have to be in Cyrodiil to see that when it happens.

It's true I'm not able to play as often as I like to, but when I am there's usually no point because the gameplay is pure crap for a variety of reasons -- which is also frequently discussed in the forums. But I'm glad you like it.

Also, as they're primarily Australian based, it's not off hours, it's their prime time. And they're terrific.

Never said they weren't or that they weren't playing their primetime; just said Rats is the one putting work in for DC oceanic.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah okay Rats thanks. I have nametags disabled so I was not sure. They are pretty good!

They are Japanese though yes? I feel like they are when I watch them fight and see how they move.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 12, 2019 10:24PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah okay Rats thanks. I have nametags disabled so I was not sure. They are pretty good!

They are Japanese though yes? I feel like they are when I watch them fight and see how they move.

No, they're just mixed Oceanic pop: mainly Australian, I believe.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah ok np ty.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun you do realize even with faction locks there are still people who will troll their own faction and farm their own scrolls right? Faction locking doesn't prevent this.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These faction hoppers are actually working to make sure the campaign stays competitive,

tenor.gif
    Edited by Davadin on April 17, 2019 5:21PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber