The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PUT YOUR PETS AWAY IN CRAFTING AREAS

• yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    But it's not really hard, to move yourself away 2 inches and OMG it makes you access everything normally :o:o
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see all combat pets auto-hide when you are in certain areas. Crafting areas, cities etc would be a good start (so long as you aren't actually in combat)
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corpier wrote: »
    Title.

No more Matriarchs blocking craft stations.

No more bears blocking craft writ turn ins.

Please. Thank you. That is all.

agreed --- or let us kill them.

they should automatically despawn around crafting and guild trader areas

The problem with the pets, namely the bear and the matriarch, is that they block the ability to select things behind them. This is a larger problem than crafting stations. It also makes it more difficult to loot bodies, open chests, and take resource nodes.

In my mind, the solution is not to despawn them at crafting stations and guild traders. This does not address the whole problem. The problem is that they block access to stuff behind them. That is what needs to be addressed. They can stand in front of that stuff all day, as long as I can still interact with the more important stuff that is behind them.

Agree. I have had issues targeting hostiles at WBs because of so many of these critters everywhere. We need to be able to target through them. I have also not been able to loot objects with pets standing on or partially on them, even MY own pet! Yes I dismissed my pet but I can't dismiss someone else's pet.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • BlizzySnowolf
    I actually don't have any problems with this whatsoever, it's more the people that have to be face planting themselves into the workbench but i guess it can still happen with the pets XD
    [PC-EU] Werewolf by heart~<3
    My Characters:
    Sa'Siir - Khajiit Nightblade, Female, Werewolf Beserker LV 50 CP 221
    Ma'sha Zimi - Khajiit Sorcerer, Female, Werewolf Leader LV50 CP 221 [MAIN]
    Kahmuzi - Khajiit Warden, Female, Werewolf Leader LV32
    Kaida WillowshadeBosmer Dragonknight, Female LV9
    Ko'ashni SikarKhajiit Necromancer, Female LV8
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly would rather have the ability to kill pets in towns. Or make it where towns auto-unsummons your pet unless you're in a duel. Just because you can 'move two inches', I've been in the situation (almost every day now) where I've had to literally port to a different place because of inconsiderate Wardens not moving and their bear is LITERALLY covering the writ quartermaster's box where I can't access it at all. No matter how much fiddling I did, I still couldn't access it.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Countdownical
    Countdownical
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree! I always go in near-area chat and ask them to move aside or something like it. It happened several times during the writ dailies. Ugh.
    @Countdownical Experienced High-End Raider - PC EU - Here since Feb 27, 2014.

Lead of Flipping Coins - Rawl'kha, Reaper's March.
    Lead of Rolling Coins - Belkarth, Craglorn.
    Lead of Shining Coins - Elden Root, Grahtwood.

All are TRADE Guilds. Contact me for invites!
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never had problems acessing anything because of pets.. I mean I usually dont run around with sorc or wardenpet, since my main isnt one of those classes. but I dont really mind them, except that the sorc pets are ugly deadra
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see them auto-dismiss pets within a certain radius of utility stations (including banks) along with disabling dueling within that radius. People just cannot be considerate, so the game needs to take charge of that.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corpier wrote: »
    Title.

No more Matriarchs blocking craft stations.

No more bears blocking craft writ turn ins.

Please. Thank you. That is all.

agreed --- or let us kill them.

they should automatically despawn around crafting and guild trader areas

The problem with the pets, namely the bear and the matriarch, is that they block the ability to select things behind them. This is a larger problem than crafting stations. It also makes it more difficult to loot bodies, open chests, and take resource nodes.

In my mind, the solution is not to despawn them at crafting stations and guild traders. This does not address the whole problem. The problem is that they block access to stuff behind them. That is what needs to be addressed. They can stand in front of that stuff all day, as long as I can still interact with the more important stuff that is behind them.

The best way I've found to avoid being completely blocked is to switch to first-person PoV and walk "through" the pets since there's no collision. Once you've done that, the writ turn in crates/crafting stations/etc are typically fully accessible.

This isn't practical for open world situations that others have mentioned like resource nodes, targeting world bosses, etc, but serves as a reprieve in limited instances.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really have a problem with this.

It's rarely a problem. It has been a problem during this event, however, with increased traffic at turn-in locations.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP.

Pets should be auto invisible around Banks and Crafting stations etc.

Make it so Please!

That said, I have left my pets up at times forgetting they are a major pain in the behind to others. But as soon as I remember I poof them.

So not all players do it deliberately.

But many are just too lazy to bother unpeg their pets that is for sure.

• Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    And stop putting Jubilee Cake in doorways!!
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amadis001 wrote: »

Can't we walk right through the cake?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let them eat cake.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amadis001 wrote: »

Can't we walk right through the cake?

I think they mean the doors that require you to activate them to enter - like banks, mages/fighters' guild halls/etc.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solution is simple. Let us get crafting quests directly inside our homes.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a PC problem? I never ran it pet blocking anything one xbox. Can't u just tab a different target?
    Edited by ThanatosXR on April 20, 2019 4:40AM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThanatosXR wrote: »
    Is this a PC problem? I never ran it pet blocking anything one xbox. Can't u just tab a different target?

I play with gamepad mode on PC, and am a former Xbox player.

It was a problem on Xbox and is still a problem on PC, even with gamepad mode.

Gamepad mode = console HUD and, well, basically it's the same as console.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    I entirely agree.

However, you must understand that in a virtual world that is over run and crowded with losers and general 'stereotypes & trolls' . .. .

They are probably just going to do it more now since you asked and they know it bugs you. And for some reason, that makes these clowns get satisfaction.

HA!
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no reason why combat pets need to be active when a player is accessing a Bank, Merchant, Craft Station or a Writ Turn-In. Insisting that combat pets needs to be active while using these is nothing but wanting to Troll players.

Dev's just need to make accessing the above locations auto store combat pets. Once this is done, anyone that summons a combat pet and still positions to block access can be reportable as it would be a deliberate game disruption.
    Edited by Grimm13 on April 25, 2019 2:03PM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    But it's not really hard, to move yourself away 2 inches and OMG it makes you access everything normally :o:o

Does not always work.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    I usually turn off my pets in towns or crafting areas. I know how annoying they can be, but I have to admit I do sometimes forget if I am in a hurry. I don't mind people in these areas asking me to put my pets away. As others have said it only takes a few moments and makes life a little easier for everyone.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    yRaven wrote: »

Does not always work.

Thats for sure... how many times some ones stupid pet is blocking bank or crafting , click click move, click click, move click click still stupid pet in the way by Ignorant player.

ig·no·rant
    /ˈiɡnərənt/
    adjective
    lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
    "he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"
    synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, unscholarly, unqualified, benighted, backward; More
    lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.
    "they were ignorant of astronomy"
    synonyms: without knowledge, unaware, unconscious, insensible; More
    INFORMAL
    discourteous or rude.
    "this ignorant, pin-brained receptionist"
    synonyms: rude, impolite, ill-mannered, bad-mannered, unmannerly, ungracious, discourteous, insensitive, uncivil, ill-humored, surly, sullen;
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=8587783

Hypothetically, let's say you were at a crafting station and a Pet sorc came along and went afk with his matriarch blocking the station. Then a Templar and NB decided to duel right in front of you.

What do you do? What do you do?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev's just need to make accessing the above locations auto store combat pets. Once this is done, anyone that summons a combat pet and still positions to block access can be reportable as it would be a deliberate game disruption.

I do not like auto-store unless it also auto-enables.

It is just as bad when rogue add-on authors secretly unsummon pets, with no warning, notification, or option to turn it off. They don't turn it back on when done, either.

The best solution that I can see are to make the pets "click through" so that objects behind them are not blocked. The problem is that any part of a pet will block something behind them. This is not only at crafting stations, but anywhere that the pet, or part of a pet, blocks interaction. This can be crafting stations, resource nodes, NPCs, doors, etc. The pets cannot be interacted with. As far as interaction with the world is concerned, they should be invisible.

I should be able to leave my permanently summoned pets active at all times. That this causes problems is a game design issue, not a player behavior issue. If the players fix this one instance, at crafting stations, I see this as a reason for ZOS to lower the priority for a solution on their end. This needs a game-wide solution on their end, not rogue add-on writers or players berating other players in chat or on the forum.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 27, 2019 1:17PM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is just as bad when rogue add-on authors secretly unsummon pets, with no warning, notification, or option to turn it off. They don't turn it back on when done, either.

The best solution that I can see are to make the pets "click through" so that objects behind them are not blocked. The problem is that any part of a pet will block something behind them. This is not only at crafting stations, but anywhere that the pet, or part of a pet, blocks interaction. This can be crafting stations, resource nodes, NPCs, doors, etc. The pets cannot be interacted with. As far as interaction with the world is concerned, they should be invisible.

I should be able to leave my permanently summoned pets active at all times. That this causes problems is a game design issue, not a player behavior issue. If the players fix this one instance, at crafting stations, I see this as a reason for ZOS to lower the priority for a solution on their end. This needs a game-wide solution on their end, not rogue add-on writers or players berating other players in chat or on the forum.

"That this causes problems is a game design issue, not a player behavior issue"

Its is a behavior issue "because" all players know its a problem, except for maybe a few newbies but even they learn quick thats its an issue.

So while we "should be able" to leave pets up , anyone who played even a few hours / mins even, that Pets are causing a problem.

Its ignorant / laziness and worst some do it on purpose because they are A-holes.

Edited by Reevster on April 27, 2019 2:15PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    "That this causes problems is a game design issue, not a player behavior issue"

Its is a behavior issue "because" all players know its a problem, except for maybe a few newbies but even they learn quick thats its an issue.

So while we "should be able" to leave pets up , anyone who played even a few hours / mins even, that Pets are causing a problem.

Its ignorant / laziness and worst some do it on purpose because they are A-holes.

No, people are turning it into a player behavior problem because the game is not working properly. People are just playing. There are a number of things that ZOS could be doing differently, any one of them could help reduce this. They have not done any of it. Don't blame players that are just going up to crafting stations and doing what they need to do because they don't put a pet away that ZOS has allowed to disrupt the game.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Agree with OP.

Pets should be auto invisible around Banks and Crafting stations etc.

Make it so Please!

That said, I have left my pets up at times forgetting they are a major pain in the behind to others. But as soon as I remember I poof them.

So not all players do it deliberately.

But many are just too lazy to bother unpeg their pets that is for sure.

The best pets are the ones where they have them spinning in place...real interesting in a bank for sure. Not like your pet is sort of PITA anyway...important to have it spinning needlessly....so people can enjoy it even more....
    I know nutting....
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is saying it needs to be done as an addon? No, the dev's need yo fix the issue already instead on ignoring it.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is saying it needs to be done as an addon? No, the dev's need yo fix the issue already instead on ignoring it.

It definitely should not be done in an addon, but that has not stopped one rogue addon author from quietly doing just that. I disabled the sneaky little feature and it is one of a handful of addons where I disable features like that before I use them.