The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PUT YOUR PETS AWAY IN CRAFTING AREAS

Corpier
Corpier
✭✭✭✭
Title.

No more Matriarchs blocking craft stations.

No more bears blocking craft writ turn ins.

Please. Thank you. That is all.
@Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
AD
A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
DC
Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
EP
A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • caesarvs
    caesarvs
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really have a problem with this.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes all of 2 seconds total before and after you are done crafting to unsummon and resummons pets. Please don't waste a minute, minutes if you go afk, of people's time blocking things.
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭
    IMO if you go afk on a event spot or bank/writ location with your twilight/bear stacked on it, you are a colossal netch fart
    Working as intended
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO if you go afk on a event spot or bank/writ location with your twilight/bear stacked on it, you are a colossal netch fart

You might even say that sort of behavior would fall under the definition of trolling or harassment. Those are reportable offenses.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might even say that sort of behavior would fall under the definition of trolling or harassment. Those are reportable offenses.

No.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 1st world problems ...

... and then there are 1st world problems.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I've run into a pet trying to get to a crafting station or the turn in boxes, I took at most two steps to the side and could access it. And I'm crafting in Alinor and Vivec, which are pretty busy.

Frankly the NPC lounging in the middle of the Vivec turn in boxes has been more annoying than that.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly the NPC lounging in the middle of the Vivec turn in boxes has been more annoying than that.

It is like the devs are trolling us with that guy. :neutral:
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure that lazy writ crafter auto unsummon pets.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I've run into a pet trying to get to a crafting station or the turn in boxes, I took at most two steps to the side and could access it. And I'm crafting in Alinor and Vivec, which are pretty busy.

3 days ago, there were 2 bears on top of the turn in boxes in Vivec.
    you need some extreme acrobatics to get at them then.

instead we taught the owner you can unsummon the bear in your character ui.
    bear went poof, everybody cheered.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, this has always been a "pet" peeve of mine. But I wouldn't have thought to make a post about it.

It would be nice to be able to kill their pets when they get in your way.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    I have to admit, this has always been a "pet" peeve of mine. But I wouldn't have thought to make a post about it.

As cool and as good as that would be, zone chat and the forums would be filled with pet sorcs and pet wardens going “Stop killing my pets! RREEEEE”
    Can’t win either way, someone’s still gonna be annoyed...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    3 days ago, there were 2 bears on top of the turn in boxes in Vivec.
    you need some extreme acrobatics to get at them then.

The game needs to make it so that pets do not take priority over interactive objects that are behind, or past, them. We should be able to select through these things, even if we cannot see them. We should not have to unsummon pets, or have pets unsummoned for us by ZOS, or rogue add-ons.

The problem is larger than crafting stations. Our own pets can cause this problem every day just attempting to loot something that we killed, or even collect a resource node.

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is like the devs are trolling us with that guy. :neutral:

The real trolling they've done is placing all those owned bottles, drinks, and weapons laying about the writ turn in locations just begging for you to steal them accidentally.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since zos buffed pets, I see way too many pet sorcs all over the place, blocking stations and causing more lag
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one intentionally resummon her flappiness right in the teller window area. Tut.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one intentionally resummon her flappiness right in the teller window area. Tut.

This could be because they noticed that they were gone because some rogue add-on author quietly put a forced cancel of the pets into their crafting add-on
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to say this doesn't apply to me I'm usually in and out, and If I need to go afk I step aside, so Teddy's Butt (My bear) isn't in the way I'm considerate, but I won't go out of my way to dispel my guardian.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The day I can single-bar my pets, maybe .... That said, I'd be glad to see changes to pet graphics or animations to make them less intrusive. After all, the person most likely to have their view blocked by a pet is their owner. Maybe when the owner is out of combat and standing still, bears could learn to lie down and Matriarchs could fold their wings. Smaller Matriarchs also seems like a good idea to me.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I wish there was an option to disable the vile things...
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a small FYI. An extremely small percentage of the player base actually comes to the forums. Basically, posting a thread trying to communicate to the masses is an exercise in futility.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a pet sorc who does 90% of the time unsummon mine, but really, I have never had a problem with other people's pets, even bears. You just step around or turn the camera a little and access the locations.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Corpier wrote: »
    Title.

Quoting people in other threads requesting game changes: "They want it that way so live with it and adapt."

They could fix this problem if they wanted to do so, in the game system, but it remains.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I should have been clear: I find the "that is the way they want it" argument to be weak, but lets apply it here if it really is good.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title.

agreed --- or let us kill them.

they should automatically despawn around crafting and guild trader areas
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn it! Now I have to get my Sorc out and maximize Pets at the Crafting tables! hehehe
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title.

agreed --- or let us kill them.

they should automatically despawn around crafting and guild trader areas

The problem with the pets, namely the bear and the matriarch, is that they block the ability to select things behind them. This is a larger problem than crafting stations. It also makes it more difficult to loot bodies, open chests, and take resource nodes.

In my mind, the solution is not to despawn them at crafting stations and guild traders. This does not address the whole problem. The problem is that they block access to stuff behind them. That is what needs to be addressed. They can stand in front of that stuff all day, as long as I can still interact with the more important stuff that is behind them.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »

... or FUS-RO-DAH them a little to the side ... ... :D

edit: after all, even they can take it without serious harm-> https://youtube.com/watch?v=DoMyBnRtNUw

Edited by Elsterchen on April 14, 2019 1:17PM
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    To bomb has been dropped, it's even worse when you're trying getting to the banker
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)