The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

favorite personal twist or minority view on an aspect of lore?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
any fun head-cannon or personal speculation you would love to get a nod or wink an a TES game?
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any fun head-cannon or personal speculation you would love

"There are eternal snows on top of some Eton Nir peaks."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413381/environments-of-summerset-and-where-are-the-snows-of-eton-nir
    to get a nod or wink an a TES game?

=> Already checked! :smiley:
    (Last posts of the link above to find out.)

Next? A more tricky one, but really interesting too imo:

"There are some small reclusive kingdoms in Summerset which do not belong to the Aldmeri Dominion (but still recognize Alinor ascendancy somehow)"

As examples, Firsthold seemed quite independent (before being invaded by daedra) with a lore letter dealing about Rillis' neutrality between Ayrenn and Estre.

Cloudrest too (before becoming a raid zone...), because the Welkynar chose by themselves how and when they aid Summerset, and because of the city displaying quite huge remparts and ballistas, facing the rest of Summerset (a bit like the swiss army in Europe).
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on April 4, 2019 4:25PM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Valpro
    Valpro
    ✭✭
    my headcannon is that famia and xukas are totally a thing.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That illusionists disguise necromancer summons as mercenaries to do good as a necromancer.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That the sudden influx of nebarra and n'wah to Summerset and Vvardenfell respectively that unleashed a crime wave the likes of which the islands have never seen plays a direct role in why the 3rd era Dunmer and 4th era Altmer have such an extreme disdain for outlanders and non-Altmer.

Congratulations, ESO Players. Your pick-pick-stabbing for motifs leads directly to the Thalmor of Skyrim.
    :lol:
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made up a story about a Trading Caravan of Khajiit getting lost somewhere in the Jerall Mountains only to set up their own village in a hidden glade. Over time the Khajiit living there would adapt to their environment thus creating the White Tiger and Snow Leopard furstocks.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only a couple on small, inconsequential ones for now from me, but I've enjoyed reading what others have posted so far!

1. I think during the Xanmeer Era, if Argonians and Khajiit were the original races of Tamriel prior to elves and humans, it would make sense that some of those sacrificed in the blood cult that held sway among the Saxhleel would have been catfolk. Imagine the long history these two groups have had, especially prior other races taking there territories. Hoping this might be explored in Elsweyr.

2. Speaking of the beast races, I like that we don't know for sure what caused the Knahaten Flu. Was it an Argonian plot to drive out occupiers (and if so was Namira, Peryite, or even Clavicus Vile involved)? Was it intended as a punishment by the Ayleid for the slave revolt in Black Marsh? Was it something created during the Xanmeer Era and later released intentionally or accidentally?

Another possibility is that is was an intentional or accidental outcome of the Imperial occupation of outer regions of Black Marsh. Either from mystical and alchemical waste from Cyrodiil or the result of bioweapon research being tested on the prisoners and local tribes. This last one can actually include bits of the others, laying blame on many factors and hence many groups.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valpro wrote: »
    my headcannon is that famia and xukas are totally a thing.

Same--I was thinking that throughout the Murkmire main quest :blush:
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the severed head of Lorkhan:

oTlubZY.jpg

This shows that Sheogorath is very closely related to the Missing God of Creation, and that the Sheogorath/Jygalagg duality works as a metaphor for Lorkhan in his current relationship with the anuic parts of the Aurbis. The Shivering Isles is a microcosm of the Aurbis, and is formed from what was formerly Lorkhan's brain. Sheo's agenda and his relationship with mortals is a pastiche of Lorkhan's design. So, there is method in Sheo's madness. Only mortals who transcend the norms of sanity have any real chance of living on the sunny side of life, and the best of the best might get to be Sheogorath himself. People who are mad, bad and dangerous enough to damage the design are removed to a place of safety (Dementia for mortals mirroring Oblivion for immortals).
    PC EU
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe as Bretons are part nord thy should have a choice of having stamina or magic racial passives my Breton a stamblade wields swords just as deadly as a redguard or nord
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe as Bretons are part nord thy should have a choice of having stamina or magic racial passives my Breton a stamblade wields swords just as deadly as a redguard or nord

Bretons aren't part Nord though.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »

Maybe some of the Reachmen are? If they added sub-races/tribes this would be interesting...
    Edited by tinythinker on April 13, 2019 9:00PM

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the severed head of Lorkhan:

oTlubZY.jpg

This shows that Sheogorath is very closely related to the Missing God of Creation, and that the Sheogorath/Jygalagg duality works as a metaphor for Lorkhan in his current relationship with the anuic parts of the Aurbis. The Shivering Isles is a microcosm of the Aurbis, and is formed from what was formerly Lorkhan's brain. Sheo's agenda and his relationship with mortals is a pastiche of Lorkhan's design. So, there is method in Sheo's madness. Only mortals who transcend the norms of sanity have any real chance of living on the sunny side of life, and the best of the best might get to be Sheogorath himself. People who are mad, bad and dangerous enough to damage the design are removed to a place of safety (Dementia for mortals mirroring Oblivion for immortals).

Yeah, Lorkhan is definitely one of the most influential gods, viewed negatively by Altmer, Bosmer, Khajiit, Redguard, and Bretons yet positively by Imperials, Dark Elves, and especially Nords.

Supposedly dead or missing yet seemingly ruling as Shor from Sovngarde

A creator and betrayer. Whose power may have caused the disappearance of the Dwemer yet gave the Tribunal their power.

Great choice for personal theories and speculation :)

• Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe some of the Reachmen are? If they added sub-races/tribes this would be interesting...

Fair point. Reachmen also probably have some orc blood as well. But then again, I would argue that Reachmen are not technically Bretons. Also, yes, I'm all for adding in sub-races/tribes.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh then what about the nord invasions on the Bretons 🤔
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what about Lamae Bol hmmm she a nede right she looks very nordish to me
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh then what about the nord invasions on the Bretons 🤔

Uhhh... Good thing I double checked. I thought the occupation was very short, turns out it was 5 generations. In the grand scheme things that's still not enough nord blood to justify stamina passives. (Sorry, I like my Magic Bretons)
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS probably didn't want to create a new model just for her.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS probably didn't want to create a new model just for her.
    You get my point though I been playing Breton assassin since oblivion skyrim which I still play and Breton stamblade in eso just want the option xD
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 14, 2019 1:24AM
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a militant order of warrior priests for the Church of Arkay that goes around using necromancy for good; they never force or coerce spirits and bodies to work for them, but rather convince and persuade them to aid. They are able to truly give the restless dead rest by appeasing them rather than just killing a ghost or breaking apart bone.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I"ve suspected Meridia is a much more powerful Prince than most think she is. Perhaps one of the most powerful.

She is an anuic Prince that has influence on time, as well has demonstrated power to create a domain of her own literally inside Coldharbour that Molag Bal can't touch. She seems to have great power even in her enemy's realm of oblivion, yet easily banishes Molag Bal when his spectre talks to the vestige in her realm, the Colored Rooms.

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheogorath is just a misunderstood man on a quest to find good cheese in a cruel and humorless world.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's feasible that Yokuda isn't completely destroyed.

It could be mostly destroyed with some far western bits still above water. Even that could be cloaked by a surviving remnant of Sinistral Elves who cling to one or a few remaining cities.

Alternatively, there could be a surviving city underwater on what used to be a mountain or high plateau.

Most of what we know about Yokuda is sparse and sometimes contradictory. Those who fled last probably didn't wait to see if every square mile sank (especially if it was larger than Tamriel). Plus we've seen plenty of people lying or exaggerating for the greater good in TES games. Lots of flexibility.

It's also possible some Yokuda who couldn't make it all the way to Tamriel created settlements on small islands. We have evidence of this already, but not much interaction with them.

As an ESO (or more likely a TES 7 or 8 story), the player could be led to or accidentally discover a small Yokudan settlement, hear about the rumors of what really happened, and get drawn into amix of current and past events. Maybe an Ansei of First Rank *did* sink the continent (or most of it), but not as some say out of spite against another Yokudan faction. Members of the Hiradirge, who would have had enemies among the warrior waves that arrived in Hammerfell, might have destroyed the Orichalc Tower to prevent the elves from using it in some way to win the war and enslave the humans.

As for the surviving elves, they may have chosen seclusion and undergone a cultural shift. For ESO, this would mean they would be wary of outsiders but not hostile. The trope of an isolated people facing some doom from within would give a nice excuse for allowing a limited number of visitors (just like how in CWC there weren't really thousands of people running in and out of it). It would also explain why they would extract an oath not to reveal their location.

For a numbered TES game, the options would be broader.