The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade minor berserk

• KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    Listen to these guys. It's not even a real nerf! You can still do the same amount of damage, just get minor berserk from somewhere else.

I'd bet real money if your main was a NB instead of a sorc, you wouldn't have that opinion.

I wish you said that to me.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just relentless focus (stam)
    I am a poo poo head.
    Totally agreed
    Options
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I am a poo poo head.
    Totally agreed

I agree too
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Listen to these guys. It's not even a real nerf! You can still do the same amount of damage, just get minor berserk from somewhere else.

How are you going to do that in pvp? Combat prayer?

Sure. Slimecraw is even easier.

So magblade which is already the worse class in PvP should have to make more sacrifices to compensate for nerfs when the the class is already borderline unplayable?

LOL, WHAT? Magblade is very far from the worst class in PvP. Some of the strongest players I meet are Magblades. They put out insane pressure while having access to some of the best defensive tools in the game.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    Minalan wrote: »

Oh look, the sorc class head cheerleader is here to tell us that we're fine because we can choose a monster set to do the same damage while losing whatever damage our current monster set used to give us ..

Umm thanks? I'd rather stick with balorgh and keep the minor berserk.

Since when have sorcs been able to enjoy juicy monster sets like Balorgh? You guys are so spoiled. We can't afford sets like that because we are so desperate for basic stats. Most sorcs now are running Mighty Chudan. MIGHTY CHUDAN. How's that for excitement?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh look, the sorc class head cheerleader is here to tell us that we're fine because we can choose a monster set to do the same damage while losing whatever damage our current monster set used to give us ..

Since when have sorcs been able to enjoy juicy monster sets like Balorgh? You guys are so spoiled. We can't afford sets like that because we are so desperate for basic stats. Most sorcs now are running Mighty Chudan. MIGHTY CHUDAN. How's that for excitement?

You have a source of Major Ward/Resolve. Slot that.

I do believe the cost was reduced recently too...
    Options
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither
    Options
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    Honestly it is more of a PVE thing, where it is needed. IMO it shouldn't be viewed as a primarily PvP based change,
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just merciless resolve (mag)

Good point. We should just remove Amplitude from sorcs since you'll do the same amount of damage without it.
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny that Nb loses minor berserc and meanwhile sorcs got Amplitude...

They traded out a passive that randomly and constantly KILLS people low on health, the execute in a passive, with a passive that gives on average 5 percent damage.

Yeah, let's revert that change. Brilliant!

Just trying to bait the usual sorc zealots :trollface:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭

As someone who mains magsorc, ur a biased magsorc. You havent even played magblade have you? But you fought a few people good at it so it must be op right?
    Options
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who/what was the source of this rumour?

I found one thing and they talked about "Minor Frenzy"... so I take that with a grain of salt...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just merciless resolve (mag)
    I think stamblade could use a tiny nerf and lose it. Even without it, it won’t be hard to hit huge bow procs. MagNB doesn’t need to lose a lot more.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    Neither leave it alone. I'm getting so pissed off they keep changing everything. I'd like to know when they finish changing up the game so I can make a choice of if I want to play this game or not. They nerfed my tanks so bad I made a stamblade pseudo-tank. I don't know what to expect from these devs anymore. Really dont like the direction this game is going.

well said.
    but i think they are responding to nerf request threads people keep spaming thinking that its what we ALL want, when it is NOT what we want.
    people die and come forums and claim what killed them is need nerf instead of working to learn their class better and change build? no, instead they spam nerf threads untill what killed them is nerfed, and thats what is happen here in eso.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about replacing the buff ? So one morph would get minor berserk and the other morph something else ?
    For example Minor Prophecy on magicka morph ? (just an example, might be something different that would fit better)
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least we won't need to activate the skill anymore meaning it should cost less overall and won't require extra time for buffing.

It should just be 5 light attacks (change to 4 please) and then it changes the icon to the bow.
    Edited by brandonv516 on April 1, 2019 2:39AM
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    bagon wrote: »

As someone who mains magsorc, ur a biased magsorc. You havent even played magblade have you? But you fought a few people good at it so it must be op right?

The question is....
    Did he/she fight MagNB's that were good? Or is he/she a lesser sorc.

I hear many complaints about magblade. Mainly of course is the cloak issue. But I bet, none of these people even tried a light armored magblade. And certainly not a light armored melee magblade. And really certainly not a light armored vampire melee Magblade.

I don't care about minor berserk yet. I'll wait for the full changes. But look at them gloating when it was announced. Until a wing nerf was announced, now nerfes are not so funny anymore. I'm curious about patch notes if there are perhaps #nerfsorc there too.

I don't even care if they nerf cloak. As long as they balance stuff out so even magblades don't die with any light attack.

We all just have to wait and see. I really hope @zos doesn't overdo it just to promote necro. Nerfs are never fun.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    Neither, unless magblade gets some significant fixes, then we'll see.

This obviously needs to happen, but NB single target damage is overtuned. The minor berserk buff is also one of the reason ganking is so OP.
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any just stamblade, but TBH neither that's not the solution. Let's see, stamblade is considered as best PvP class while magblade one of the worst (if not the worst), wonder where did that difference comes from? For sure not cloak since magblade can use it much more often than stamblade. Magblade is in a very bad shape, when outnumbered almost without chance to survive since almost everyone have some counters to cloak and even more people uses snares and roots so you can't escape because of them, you can't also hide because of spin2win spam and all oter AoE spam - not to mention twilight and storm attronach zap breaking cloak, heavy lightning attacks breaking cloak, shade not working in keeps, even Undo fails to work 50% of a time - in conclusion magblades are f***ed.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

This obviously needs to happen, but NB single target damage is overtuned. The minor berserk buff is also one of the reason ganking is so OP.

Ganking is a shadow of its former self.
    The only ones getting “ganked” now a days are afk players.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Knootewoot , @Emma_Overload
    I main melee magblade & like to think I’m decent. I fought Emma a few patches ago before the shield changes, 1v1 in imperial city using an open world build. Neither of us could finish the other off & it was a really good fight.
    That said, I would argue player skill is greater than armor & so will I be able to be competitive after the change, maybe, but it’s getting less & less so after each patch.
    The healing ward change really messed things up for magblade & the slow on assassin’s Will was icing on the nerf cake.
    Normally, there are ways to adapt to changes but I think what myself & other nb’s are saying is that regarding pvp, our back is already against the wall, there’s literally nothing else to change that we haven’t thought about or tried & the nerfs just keep coming.
    Edited by kaithuzar on April 1, 2019 7:29AM
    Member of:

Former member of:
    Options
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Honestly it is more of a PVE thing, where it is needed. IMO it shouldn't be viewed as a primarily PvP based change,

is it ? last time i checked both magblade and stamblade are among the best dds in the game, now you have to stay in combat prayer like every other class have to.

pvp whise... you get a snare/root imunety, and the archnemesis to the magblade looses his counter (sort of), do you realy thought you get those changes for free ? xD

funny how every class complains about the changes, and attacks each other on the forum and discord(until now i saw dk vs nbs and nbs vs sorcs xD).

Here i add my wild conspiracy theory.

All those changes to the classes happend, so more player would buy the necro.
    So go now and PREORDER elsweyer, otherwhise we will see more buffs to the necro and more "changes" to the other classes :D:D
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    kaithuzar wrote: »

Ganking is a shadow of its former self.
    The only ones getting “ganked” now a days are afk players.

That’s bexause ganking used to rely on Selenes and Viper and now you have to push more than one button, but it’s still stupid easy.
    Edited by Vapirko on April 1, 2019 7:59AM
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    Mayrael wrote: »
    If any just stamblade, but TBH neither that's not the solution. Let's see, stamblade is considered as best PvP class while magblade one of the worst (if not the worst), wonder where did that difference comes from? For sure not cloak since magblade can use it much more often than stamblade. Magblade is in a very bad shape, when outnumbered almost without chance to survive since almost everyone have some counters to cloak and even more people uses snares and roots so you can't escape because of them, you can't also hide because of spin2win spam and all oter AoE spam - not to mention twilight and storm attronach zap breaking cloak, heavy lightning attacks breaking cloak, shade not working in keeps, even Undo fails to work 50% of a time - in conclusion magblades are f***ed.

The difference comes primarily from access to healing. Stamblade has rally and vigor. The nerf to shields and healing ward didn’t really affect mag sorc much, but it rekt magblades.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes both morphs
    @Knootewoot , @Emma_Overload
    I main melee magblade & like to think I’m decent. I fought Emma a few patches ago before the shield changes, 1v1 in imperial city using an open world build. Neither of us could finish the other off & it was a really good fight.
    That said, I would argue player skill is greater than armor & so will I be able to be competitive after the change, maybe, but it’s getting less & less so after each patch.
    The healing ward change really messed things up for magblade & the slow on assassin’s Will was icing on the nerf cake.
    Normally, there are ways to adapt to changes but I think what myself & other nb’s are saying is that regarding pvp, our back is already against the wall, there’s literally nothing else to change that we haven’t thought about or tried & the nerfs just keep coming.

I am not a good pvp'er, but do enjoy playing PvP. I struggle a lot and I just don't have the hand eye coordination and I constantly press the wrong buttons.

But if you, a decent player, already has it's back to the wall. Then I, as worst Magblade EU, I have my a$s through the wall 😝
    Edited by Knootewoot on April 1, 2019 8:17AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niether, there is a reason for all of this hyped up complainers. This will be the road for easier rotation and less buff management. There will be new balance that does not involve minor beserk anymore. This will be a good thing.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
    Options
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither. I would rather see some of the other classes get buffs than have another round of nerfs, but so it goes.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    darkblue5 wrote: »

is it ? last time i checked both magblade and stamblade are among the best dds in the game, now you have to stay in combat prayer like every other class have to.

pvp whise... you get a snare/root imunety, and the archnemesis to the magblade looses his counter (sort of), do you realy thought you get those changes for free ? xD

funny how every class complains about the changes, and attacks each other on the forum and discord(until now i saw dk vs nbs and nbs vs sorcs xD).

Here i add my wild conspiracy theory.

All those changes to the classes happend, so more player would buy the necro.
    So go now and PREORDER elsweyer, otherwhise we will see more buffs to the necro and more "changes" to the other classes :D:D

Did I miss something?
    Where did you hear/read we are getting root/snare immunity????
    Member of:

Former member of:
    Options
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said..

1v1 I think magblade is still competitive, but against multiple players it gets tough, because of how the burst has to be set up. At least how I learned to play it and the current AOE spam meta is not helping things. Cloak is def not the "I WIN" button claim it to be.

Never mind that for me half the time the procced bow won't fire over and over or the burst window is missed because my toon decides to do the rebuff animation instead (even though there is time left)
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Really? Have you actually played a magnb lately? I have. Yesterday. Just a guess here, but I'm betting that you haven't.

I refuse to vote in this farce of a poll, and I won't be buying this expansion until I see exactly what they're doing on PTS.
    Options