The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ELSWEYR NEWS!All Necromancer Skills! Cyrodiil Changes/Volendrung info - Guild Finder Review!

Shimmer
Shimmer
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys!! I recently attended the ZOS playtest at ZOS, and tested a newer version of the necro then the class reps did! Unfortunately I cannot show you any screenshots, but I can tell you what the skills are! Also cover the Cyrodiil changes, Volendrung info, Guild Finder Info and more! Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/5GaJ2XZF3SY

https://youtu.be/oQZ7pOqxAnI

https://youtu.be/Z7DThvnIuGM

https://youtu.be/rDmzVAxb-0k
Edited by Shimmer on March 28, 2019 1:19PM
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looked at 10 minutes of the skills video and just noped out. It just sounded disgustingly OP that I just couldn't keep going; my heart couldn't bare it.

I HAVE to see it in action. It's the only way I can tell myself it's not all that now.
    Argonian forever
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on racial changes?
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looked at 10 minutes of the skills video and just noped out. It just sounded disgustingly OP that I just couldn't keep going; my heart couldn't bare it.

I HAVE to see it in action. It's the only way I can tell myself it's not all that now.

I had the same feeling. So necromancers will be the best healers, have the best AOE potential, will be able to do delayed burst combo's like Warden, have stamina morphs for pretty much every ability (which admittedly isn't a bad thing, but not something the other classes have) and if there are corpses nearby many of their already really good skills will become even better...
    I mean its too early to judge, but the feeling I got wasn't that of a balanced addition to ESO
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the video but im falling asleep.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question @Shimmer . Can you use a fallen ally's corpse to cast a spell requiring a corpse and still resurrect them after?
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    I have a question @Shimmer . Can you use a fallen ally's corpse to cast a spell requiring a corpse and still resurrect them after?

I don't think fallen alley bodies count as corpses
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going to assume that next patch will consist of a large amount of nerfs to all classes in order to make necro look more appeasing to purchase. Just like in morrowind
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Going to assume that next patch will consist of a large amount of nerfs to all classes in order to make necro look more appeasing to purchase. Just like in morrowind

I hope not... I'm so sick of nerfs, it's all we've been getting for the last few patches feels like.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

Nope and you can only use your created corpses i believe.it wont work like repentance
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay to win - will eventually get nerfed like the Warden did
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

have you played and tested it or are you two just speculating?
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome news about the campaign alliance lock and the Volendrung Artifact! :)
    One time emperor per account per campaign is a good change too!
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Thanks for listening to the request of adding a campaign alliance lock B)
    Edited by Universe on March 28, 2019 3:54PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anything new and exciting for housing?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Nope and you can only use your created corpses i believe.it wont work like repentance
    As I understand it works on dead bodies and the corpses you creates.
    Unknown if it work on dead ally's but if so it does not have an effect on res.

You can not use the corpse another necromancer create.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

It was ANY body.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It worries me that there’s so far no mention of snare balancing. Should be one of the biggest PvP changes. Maybe it’s still too early...
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

have you played and tested it or are you two just speculating?

People are just reverting to exactly what they said about Wardens pre-Morrowind. Everybody cried that they'd be P2W, but from what I remember, Wardens were actually quite underwhelming at launch aside from people crying about cliff racers. I suspect the same is going to happen with necromancers.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think... I think I am just gonna quit PvP for month or two when Necromancer will be out... :disappointed:

Oh and btw. I just realized that there are are no justice NPCs in Cyro... passive "buff" for a necro...

I watched it all... and now I am regretting it. Necro setup is so OP / broken that my head hurts when I even think of it :weary:
    Even if ZOS nerfs necro "mathematically" by a lot it will still be BiS for DPS role, Tank role and Healer role... and most likely in PvP too.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 28, 2019 4:45PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    Oh... More videos... Moving on then.

Yeah I too was hoping for something to read.

Same, I was hoping for a list of skills I could skim through to look at the bits which interest me, not a video where I have to wait until I'm not at work and then sit through the entire thing hoping to catch the relevant bits.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Zacuel wrote: »
    Oh... More videos... Moving on then.

Yeah I too was hoping for something to read.

Same, I was hoping for a list of skills I could skim through to look at the bits which interest me, not a video where I have to wait until I'm not at work and then sit through the entire thing hoping to catch the relevant bits.

You can mute. :) as a youtuber, I’ll always present information in video format but it is text on there so you can easily watch muted.

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think... I think I am just gonna quit PvP for month or two when Necromancer will be out... :disappointed:

Oh and btw. I just realized that there are are no justice NPCs in Cyro... passive "buff" for a necro...

"The Necromancer might become the most powerful PVP healer with the upcoming 3 player instant resurrection ultimate! "
    The Necromancer will be great in PVP and may make Templar and other types of healers a bit obsolete.
    Though it is too early to judge this class since it didn't go through the PTS cycle yet.
    In PTS they may nerf it a bit to make it more balanced.
    Maybe instead of 3 players instant resurrection, it will be 1/2 players and with ultimate reduced to 170/180.
    ZOS may also decide that such ultimate has no place in Cyrodiil and remove it entirely.
    Edited by Universe on March 28, 2019 4:38PM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »

"The Necromancer might become the most powerful PVP healer with the upcoming 3 player instant resurrection ultimate! "
    The Necromancer will be great in PVP and may make Templar and other types of healers a bit obsolete.
    Though it is too early to judge this class since it didn't go through the PTS cycle yet.
    Maybe instead of 3 players instant resurrection, it will be 1/2 players and with ultimate reduced to 170/180.
    ZOS may also decide that such ultimate has no place in Cyrodiil and remove it entirely.

That ultimate was insanely powerful, I feel the coat should have been higher.

• GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players can only get Emperor once per campaign? *** finally!!!!!!
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

Its a a conspiracy
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »
    Universe wrote: »

That ultimate was insanely powerful, I feel the coat should have been higher.

At the very least they could raise the ultimate needed to 300/350.
    It is such a strong ultimate that I'm not sure that it has a place in the game.
    1/2 players maybe, but 3 might be too much, both in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds.
    Edited by Universe on March 28, 2019 5:39PM
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they should do is make even allied guards aggro in response to "criminal" necro skills.

"Alessia Farm is under attack!"

*goes to investigate*

*allied Necromancer is taking a beating from allied guards for casting a skill on an enemy player's corpse*
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The era people considered Nightblades and Wardens as the greatest classes may soon be over.
    The era of the Necromancers(or Necromongers :trollface: ) is about to begin.

Edited by Universe on March 28, 2019 6:19PM
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some non-constructive comments from this thread. Please keep your posts civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank ! ( So no more info about volendrung skills or Imperial city change ? )
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have an AOE rez, that's just going to make Zergballs super op