The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Noob vma question. Please advise . Thanks

firedrgn
firedrgn
✭✭✭✭✭
So i completed vma and i have no score. No laughing please yes i died alot. My question is. If i leave and come back do i get a score or not.? Am i dieing too much? I am guessing its because i left and came back

Thanks.

Ps i just want to see if im getting better . Figured score would be a good indicator.
  • Bealindra
    Bealindra
    ✭✭
    well as i know its maleström vet arena u have a few min i belive u have prox 7 min(away from shrine ingame) but i might be wrong to leave and come back do correct me if im wrong. if u stay away longer then that u have to redo.not sure tho if its entire that level or entire all level.

either way if u dont have the score my best guess is u stayed away to far..
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No idea, 3.5 years I've been playing the game and I've never done it B)
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you DC, either accidentally or on purpose to cut the lag, you can log back in fairly quickly (maybe 5 minutes, maybe 7 as stated above) and still get a score. If you are logged out long enough that your character loads in the open world, rather than in the arena instance area, you will not get a score. Similarly, if you port out of the vMA instance area and come back later, you will not get a score.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All instances in this game reset 5 minutes after the last player leaves the instance. This applies to dungeons, trials, arenas, sacraments, heists, anything.

If you leave vMA for any reason--crash, disconnect, log out, zone out--you must return within 5 minutes. If not, the instance will reset and you will be disqualified from getting a score.

Dying a lot and taking a long time will reduce your score. But there is a limit to the penalty and you will still receive a non-zero score, as long as the instance was not broken by being vacated for 5 minutes.
    Options
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    All instances in this game reset 5 minutes after the last player leaves the instance. This applies to dungeons, trials, arenas, sacraments, heists, anything.

If you leave vMA for any reason--crash, disconnect, log out, zone out--you must return within 5 minutes. If not, the instance will reset and you will be disqualified from getting a score.

Dying a lot and taking a long time will reduce your score. But there is a limit to the penalty and you will still receive a non-zero score, as long as the instance was not broken by being vacated for 5 minutes.

This is the correct answer, but I just want to add....

Not getting a score only counts for leaderboards. You still get the same rewards, achievements, etc even if it's not a scored run.

Tbh, if you died as much as you say and look a long time to complete than your score wouldn't matter anyway.

Many people take days or even months to complete their first run. You can leave at any time and pick back up at the beginning of each level as long as you dont delete the quest.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »

This is the correct answer, but I just want to add....

Not getting a score only counts for leaderboards. You still get the same rewards, achievements, etc even if it's not a scored run.

Tbh, if you died as much as you say and look a long time to complete than your score wouldn't matter anyway.

Many people take days or even months to complete their first run. You can leave at any time and pick back up at the beginning of each level as long as you dont delete the quest.

Depending on what class they play, the weekly leaderboard for their class might be one of the boards that doesn't fill up, and thus any completion with a score would qualify them for a weekly reward.
    Options
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    No idea, 3.5 years I've been playing the game and I've never done it B)

Achievement unlocked: Coward
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
    Options