Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Final berry only during jester's festival or other opportunities?

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    As far as I understood it, yes, the berry will only be available during this quarter (only Jester's festival, and maybe Jan 2020 but most likely March 2020). I believe the berries are trade-able, but anyone willing to trade one will probably charge you an arm and a leg for one unless they are a very, very close friend willing to make that trade.

None of that is accurate information

The official articles state very clearly the berries are not returning next year. The berries themselves are tooltip’d “Bound”

This is the absolute last chance for Dawnwood berries through the Impressario
    Edited by Jhalin on March 20, 2019 7:40PM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    As far as I understood it, yes, the berry will only be available during this quarter (only Jester's festival, and maybe Jan 2020 but most likely March 2020). I believe the berries are trade-able, but anyone willing to trade one will probably charge you an arm and a leg for one unless they are a very, very close friend willing to make that trade.

The official articles state very clearly the berries are not returning next year. The berries themselves are tooltip’d “Bound”

That's the way I understood their wording. It would make sense to have those particular berries return in q1 of 2020 to keep player activity. Has there been any confirmation otherwise?
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the events and think the mounts/pet are cool, it's just that the way they do it/explain/put up the information/designed everything is really quite convoluted if you don't really pay attention. I JUST got the Nascent Indrik this past DB/TG event and I didn't realize I won't be able to evolve it if I don't do it NOW, and I'm going to wind up having to buy tickets in the Crown Store now lol.
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, just reviewed this announcement and I don't see anywhere stated that Dawnwood berries would not return in Q1 of 2020: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477

Maybe a dev can give us some confirmation?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please also note that this is your last chance to acquire all the berries required to make this specific evolution. Once this event ends, the Impresario will no longer stock these berries – don’t miss out!

From the announcement. That doesn't sound like they'll be back next year.
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing, it shouldnt be a Job to get a mount, let alone a pig ugly mount that cant even run properly. I gave up after the last event.

It would be interesting to see exactly how many try hards are still at this.

I've got all 3 berries and some extra feathers on 2 accounts, one both NA and EU. Same is true for my partner.

I'd love to see the berries return next year though, since I dont know how long I'll be able to maintain enough enthusiasm to take part in the events on several accounts. Also, it would be nice if new players could still get their favourite indrik.

I'm a bit upset that they leave us in the dark about this possibility, but maybe they haven't decided themselves yet?
    Edited by Phoebe on March 20, 2019 8:16PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's the way I understood their wording. It would make sense to have those particular berries return in q1 of 2020 to keep player activity. Has there been any confirmation otherwise?

:/

The official announcement on the official website says so, what more confirmation do you need?
    Please also note that this is your last chance to acquire all the berries required to make this specific evolution. Once this event ends, the Impresario will no longer stock these berries – don’t miss out!
    From the Jester Festival article
    Previous Indrik Berries will not return once the next quarter has begun, meaning this is your only chance to acquire this specific evolution.
    From the first Indrik evolution article

It’s not coming back
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The official announcement on the official website says so, what more confirmation do you need?
    Previous Indrik Berries will not return once the next quarter has begun, meaning this is your only chance to acquire this specific evolution.

It’s not coming back
    Well, they were saying the New Year's white griffon pet was an "exclusive" pet, but it was available in the crown store later. The article for the Bethesda Game Days states you'll get an "exclusive" Clouded Senche-Leopard pet if you watch the stream, but it's also been available in Storm Atronach crates twice. So "last/only chance" probably only means "last chance for this year". Who knows?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phoebe wrote: »

It’s not coming back
    Well, they were saying the New Year's white griffon pet was an "exclusive" pet, but it was available in the crown store later. The article for the Bethesda Game Days states you'll get an "exclusive" Clouded Senche-Leopard pet if you watch the stream, but it's also been available in Storm Atronach crates twice. So "last/only chance" probably only means "last chance for this year". Who knows?

It’s going to be the last chance to get it for free at any rate. Like everything else I’m not ruling out the mounts being in the store for the ones who didn’t bother with events, but this is pretty much undoubtedly the last you’ll get to evolve it without paying money
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They haven't explicitly said these berries will not be available in 2020. But they haven't said, or even implied that they will so it seems unlikely they're planning to bring them back.

Personally I think it would be better if they did, because it would allow more people to get the indriks and give those players who want them (and don't already have them) an incentive to keep doing events, without ZOS having to do anything extra.

I mean, hopefully they'll continue to add new rewards from event tickets for people who don't like the indriks or already have them, but it would be nice if they kept them available too.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

:/

It’s not coming back

The context of that announcement (https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477) was for the year of 2019. It could still be interpreted that the berries COULD POSSIBLY be recurring DURING their respective quarters in 2020. Idk why everyone is taking my interpretation of the article as an intentional lie. I'm not trying to sow misinformation here. This is basic interpretation of text.

"Please note that the Indrik Berries you can collect each quarter will ONLY be available during that quarter." Not specifying ONLY 2019.

The other alternative would be to bring them back as crown store items, but that would undermine the whole point of putting event tickets in the crown store now, wouldn't it?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder if they have a different event ticket-only mount for next year that we'll be able to evolve.
  • _Medusa_
    _Medusa_
    ✭✭✭
    Phoebe wrote: »
    Here's the thing, it shouldnt be a Job to get a mount, let alone a pig ugly mount that cant even run properly. I gave up after the last event.

It would be interesting to see exactly how many try hards are still at this.

I've got all 3 berries and some extra feathers on 2 accounts, one both NA and EU. Same is true for my partner.

I'd love to see the berries return next year though, since I dont know how long I'll be able to maintain enough enthusiasm to take part in the events on several accounts. Also, it would be nice if new players could still get their favourite indrik.

I'm a bit upset that they leave us in the dark about this possibility, but maybe they haven't decided themselves yet?

While some of the other upcoming Indrik variants look nice, I also agree, they should give everyone the opportunity to still obtain the one they like.

Luminous Indrik
    800px-ON-mount-Luminous_Indrik.jpg

Onyx Indrik
    800px-ON-mount-Onyx_Indrik.jpg

Pure-Snow Indrik
    ON-mount-Pure-Snow_Indrik.jpg

Also, as others have mentioned, I hope they will fix the Indrik mount. When it stands on uneven terrain, the entire mount either tilts forward or backward.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine at some point down the road they will add the berries to the crown store, or just outright make the evolved indriks available to buy once they're all available and they move one to whatever the next gimmick mount will be.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire thing is a needless convoluted mess. When a fairly sizeable portion of the player base still can't grasp the intricates of how all this has been implemented and the requirements, it tells you it could have been handled better.

I befriended a new player to the game during the Morrowind anniversary event.

Knowing how convoluted the system is and not explained in game in any way, I tried raising the issue with them one day but they didn't respond. May have been afk or in a dungeon.

Just yesterday they sent me a tell asking if they should buy two berries during this upcoming event. Told them that would be a waste and explained the system.

They're mildly bummed about not ever being able to earn this mount. Though they're not super into its appearance so it might not completely ruin their newfound love of the game. They're waiting to see how event tickets are priced in the crown store.

For their sake I hope they're not ridiculously overpriced.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums is blowing up already with players who had poor ticket strategy ... and the Jester’s Event hasn’t even started yet.

Can’t wait to see the forums the last day of the Event. :p Surely a day marked by stress and remorse.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine at some point down the road they will add the berries to the crown store, or just outright make the evolved indriks available to buy once they're all available and they move one to whatever the next gimmick mount will be.

I suspect you're using gimmick there to refer to their method of acquisition, but that word also has connotations of lower value.

The value of these mounts will be different to different players.

I happen to like their appearance and they really suit a lot of my characters. If I had eg. been away - I've always been an on and off kind of player - and came back to find I'd missed out on them, I'd have been disappointed.

And to newer players who don't have a lot of mounts and probably no fancy'ish ones, these could be even more appealing.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

I suspect you're using gimmick there to refer to their method of acquisition, but that word also has connotations of lower value.

The value of these mounts will be different to different players.

I happen to like their appearance and they really suit a lot of my characters. If I had eg. been away - I've always been an on and off kind of player - and came back to find I'd missed out on them, I'd have been disappointed.

And to newer players who don't have a lot of mounts and probably no fancy'ish ones, these could be even more appealing.

Mostly using it as a reference to how convoluted they are to get. Honestly the constant onslaught of events they've been throwing at us, it's no wonder some people are confused or just plain bamboozled beyond the point of caring about collecting enough tickets for the mounts. Which is part of the reason they added tickets to the crown store to relieve some of that headache. But later on after all the indrik variants are made available I can still see them throwing them in the store, as ZOS has been known to make limited time or "exclusive" items available to purchase separately later on down the road.
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, whether or not the berries return I'm getting my dawnwood barking deerbird and it's the only one I want, so I can peace out of the rat race after this. :blush:

I'm not sure that I found it all that difficult to understand - four different feathers to make the base, four different berries to evolve the base into one of four types, each berry has the same prefix as the type of indrik it evolves. You need a base for each evolution. There are four events in a quarter and each offer one of the four berries. Each group of four berries can be obtained only in that quarter for that evolution. If you only want a specific indrik, you have to wait for the right quarter. I thought the instructions given were very clear.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt I'm evolving my nascent. It's cute the way it is, and perfect for the girl I use it on. I'd rather buy the pets.... Of course, if the tickets aren't too many crowns, I could go ahead and evolve it. *shrug* Time will tell. Nope, I don't have tickets from the last two events - MW, WAY too difficult with my ping, and not many people on when I play; and I don't DO DB and TG period.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on March 21, 2019 1:14AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    They haven't explicitly said these berries will not be available in 2020. But they haven't said, or even implied that they will so it seems unlikely they're planning to bring them back.

Personally I think it would be better if they did, because it would allow more people to get the indriks and give those players who want them (and don't already have them) an incentive to keep doing events, without ZOS having to do anything extra.

I mean, hopefully they'll continue to add new rewards from event tickets for people who don't like the indriks or already have them, but it would be nice if they kept them available too.

I suspect, the ticket system will be back next year, but that the mounts will be something different. Possibly a collection of Senche variations.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Medusa_ wrote: »
    Also, as others have mentioned, I hope they will fix the Indrik mount. When it stands on uneven terrain, the entire mount either tilts forward or backward.
    This ^^^^ It's still broken.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I doubt I'm evolving my nascent. It's cute the way it is, and perfect for the girl I use it on. I'd rather buy the pets.... Of course, if the tickets aren't too many crowns, I could go ahead and evolve it. *shrug* Time will tell. Nope, I don't have tickets from the last two events - MW, WAY too difficult with my ping, and not many people on when I play; and I don't DO DB and TG period.
    You could actually have all the evolved forms and still have an unevolved one as well, assuming you can get that many event tickets. Theoretically, it's possible.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly using it as a reference to how convoluted they are to get. Honestly the constant onslaught of events they've been throwing at us, it's no wonder some people are confused or just plain bamboozled beyond the point of caring about collecting enough tickets for the mounts.

Personally onslaught is totally the right word.
    Which is part of the reason they added tickets to the crown store to relieve some of that headache. But later on after all the indrik variants are made available I can still see them throwing them in the store, as ZOS has been known to make limited time or "exclusive" items available to purchase separately later on down the road.

Personally I hope so for the sake of people who missed out. I get not no pleasure from having things which others don't and I always strongly preferred GW2's earlier business model - reasonably priced shop offerings and limited time, but they come again. Same for events, mostly. At least from memory.

Not so much a fan of their current model of outrageously priced mounts, but I'd already fallen out of love with the game.

I hate cooldowns and GW2 is all that - except for revenant. Hooray! But not quite. 100% of "elite" specs have *** on the promise of the base profession and their legend abilities are crammed full of cooldowns. Morons!
    Edited by Nerouyn on March 21, 2019 3:12AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    _Medusa_ wrote: »
    This ^^^^ It's still broken.

I think that's all mounts.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to be short one berry, maybe two depends. It stinks considering you can only hold 12 tickets on your account. Meaning that if you miss an event its the crown shop or just miss out.
    PC-NA
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos has never done an event that you can't complete before so if i get 3 berries and don't finish i just delete them?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks for all the answers. I read some of them yesterday already but didn't have time to respond earlier.
    Since it's quite unsure if the berries will return for next year and I doubt there would be any form of compensation for unnecessarily purchased berries I'll put in a support ticket and see if they can help me.
    If I really run out of alternatives I guess I could ask my brother to login at my PC and explain to him what he has to do (since he'll has to water my plants anyway :smiley: ), but bothering him with yet another thing while he's working fulltime and has a newborn baby at home is something I'd rather not want to do. ;)

Still, I think the communication on ZOS side was really not optimal in that case. No word what happens if you have some but not all berries for a specific evolution (will they return next year, will there be a way to get the tickets back or will the tickets be completely wasted and the berries just junk) and no predetermined event calendar with specific dates, so you can plan ahead and see if you'll miss any event days and calculate beforehand how many tickets you'll be able to obtain (which is sadly necessary if you really depend on either getting all 4 berries or none at all). Could be avoided in the future with some better communication.
    OP, assuming you're still about enough to have access to the forums, will you have any secure net access while you're away? I'm talking secure PC connection or even smart phone? It doesn't have to be ESO capable necessarily and you won't be actually downloading the game.

If the answer is yes, I may have an alternative for you, since you already have tickets in hand. (Serious here.)

Well, I do have my smartphone and most times WIFI, yes. I'm interested, send me a message if don't want to explain in forum. :)
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, many people didn't bother getting extra feathers during the events last year because no one knew what the plan for the impresario was. So trying to predict anything is mute.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GAH!
    Edited by Hoolielulu on March 21, 2019 2:29PM