Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Final berry only during jester's festival or other opportunities?

Cruxanero
Cruxanero
✭✭✭✭
If I understood everything correctly, the final berry for the Dawnwood Indrik will only be available until the 2nd of april, starting tomorrow. That's a bit of a problem for me, since I will be travelling abroad and have no access to any PC I could play ESO on. My problem here is not lack of tickets. I have a nascent indrik already unlocked, all 3 previous berries and 12 event tickets ready from the TG/DB event. It' solely that I won't be able to even login during the period of the jester's festival. I suppose I could give my password to a friend and ask them to login and only buy the last berry for me, but... I'd rather not do this. Even with friends I trust that's a bit too risky for me. If anything goes wrong, I'm pretty sure I'm really screwed and customer support likely wouldn't help me (which is absolutely fine, as it would be my own fault).

Is there any other way to get the final berry, apart from asking costumer service to add the last berry to my inventory and substract 10 tickets (which they may or may not be able to do, considering they were able to refund tickets for accidentially purchased duplicate berries in the past, but didn't add the correct berry at that oppotunity)? If not, will the berries for the Dawnwood Indrik at least return next year, so I can hold on to the 3 berries I already got? And if not, would the 30 tickets for the other berries at least be refundable, since 3 berries will be absolute useless without the last one?

I guess I should have calculated it before hand, then I would have known to not get the other berries in the first place, but with the event schedule only being released on such a short notice each time (and not in the initial post at the start of the quarter) I just didn't realize the problem sooner.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt they would just add the berry and subtract the tickets. I would suggest asking a trusted friend to log in for you, or family member to do it for you.

Although I'm sure ZOS would not recommend you allow someone else to log in for you. But as I say, if that person is 100% trusted I would not see a problem.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if i cant get enough berries...what if i only get 1 or 2 or 3? Can i use them in the future and only the last berry defines the evolutuon?
  • Liferefugee
    Liferefugee
    ✭✭
    They will likely keep the 4 berries moving forward and just keep adding to the merchant for now. That way new players will have a chance at them as well when they make their big push for the new chapter.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They will likely keep the 4 berries moving forward and just keep adding to the merchant for now. That way new players will have a chance at them as well when they make their big push for the new chapter.

That's not what the press article stated.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

That's not what the press article stated.
    I say its decent chance the Indriks will return next year. Probably with some additional stuff you can buy if you have them.
    Fits with the regular event rewards there new stuff get added.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event will be the ONLY chance to get the 4th berry for the Dawnwood Indrik evolution, it's been clearly stated in a couple of press articles now.

OP, I'd suggest messaging ZoS support, it's likely (if you connect to the correct person) that they would be able to accommodate you for this, and do what you're asking, since you already have the tickets. I've had friends who've been able to "buy" previous crown store items after they've left the market because they had been unable to do so due to real life situations.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    66,110 achievement points
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if i cant get enough berries...what if i only get 1 or 2 or 3? Can i use them in the future and only the last berry defines the evolutuon?

If you can't get all the berries, you will not be able to evolve the Indrik, it requires all 4 of them, and they are unique to each type. Once the Jester's event goes live, you'll be able to purchase tickets (with crowns) so you can get all the berries, if that is your wish, and you are willing to spend crowns for it.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was you I'd contact Support, explain the situation and ask them to remove the tickets and add the berry to your account. It seems like something they should be able to do, they've certainly done the reverse before - removing feathers/berries and adding tickets when someone bought the wrong one.

The only alternative is, as you said, to ask someone else to log into your account. The ideal candidate in that situation is probably someone you live with who doesn't play ESO - so they can access your account through your PC but have absolutely no incentive to steal from your account or otherwise mess it up. But I don't know if that's an option for you as not everyone is in that situation.

If I was you I'd contact Support today to ask for their help, but start thinking about people you trust enough to ask them as a back-up just in case they can't help you.

You need 4 matching berries to evolve the indrik and each set of berries will only be available in one quarter. The current ones are the Dawnwood berries which give the Dawnwood Indrik (the blue and green one which can be seen next to the Impressario's tent).

So if you can't get all 4 berries by the end of the Jester's festival you will not be able to get the Dawnwood Indrik and any Dawnwood berries you do have will be useless (unless ZOS keep this system going in future years so the berries are available again next Spring - but they haven't said anything about that yet).

But from the start of the next event a new set of 4 berries will be available, which will create the gold indrik.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind, this whole process is dumb.

Eh.
    Edited by Hoolielulu on March 20, 2019 1:11PM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If I was you I'd contact Support, explain the situation and ask them to remove the tickets and add the berry to your account. It seems like something they should be able to do, they've certainly done the reverse before - removing feathers/berries and adding tickets when someone bought the wrong one.

The only alternative is, as you said, to ask someone else to log into your account. The ideal candidate in that situation is probably someone you live with who doesn't play ESO - so they can access your account through your PC but have absolutely no incentive to steal from your account or otherwise mess it up. But I don't know if that's an option for you as not everyone is in that situation.

If I was you I'd contact Support today to ask for their help, but start thinking about people you trust enough to ask them as a back-up just in case they can't help you.

You need 4 matching berries to evolve the indrik and each set of berries will only be available in one quarter. The current ones are the Dawnwood berries which give the Dawnwood Indrik (the blue and green one which can be seen next to the Impressario's tent).

So if you can't get all 4 berries by the end of the Jester's festival you will not be able to get the Dawnwood Indrik and any Dawnwood berries you do have will be useless (unless ZOS keep this system going in future years so the berries are available again next Spring - but they haven't said anything about that yet).

But from the start of the next event a new set of 4 berries will be available, which will create the gold indrik.

Next spring? Im more unter the impression that it would be next winter since it was durring winter this year(exept the jester one that is in first week of the spring)
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have one Berry and 4 tickets that would be total bs if i can't evolve my mount.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    I have one Berry and 4 tickets that would be total bs if i can't evolve my mount.
    As event goes for 12 days and I assume you get 3 berries each day doing the 3 quests you can get 36 who would be enough.
    even if you skip some days as you only need 26 tickets having 4.

Tickets will also be sold in crown store who might be an option if you miss a couple.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't miss any days at all from March 21 - April 2 (counting getting last 2 tickets on April 2 before 10 AM EST, you should have exactly enough berries (assuming you bought the other 3 berries before 10 AM EST on April 2). I know the article says 24 tickets, but if you actually count the possible days from March 21 - April 2 it is actually 26 tickets (again, you must do at least one quest event everyday and get all 3 berries before 10 AM EST on April 2 (reset for the event quest is now 2 AM EST, plan accordingly).

Also, I just wanted to make sure you understand you will be evolving your mount to get the green indrik mount. I just mention this because there has been so much confusion about the way the indrik mounts evolve. If you get dawnwood berries, you will get a green mount..

Ypskciy.jpg
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on March 20, 2019 3:42PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can’t wait for that delightful Orc.

Whoever voiced that is amazing!
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't miss any days at all from March 21 - April 2 (counting getting last 2 tickets on April 2 before 10 AM EST, you should have exactly enough berries (assuming you bought the other 3 berries before 10 AM EST on April 2). I know the article says 24 tickets, but if you actually count the possible days from March 21 - April 2 it is actually 26 tickets (again, you must do event and get berries before 10 AM EST on April 2 (reset is now 2 AM EST plan accordingly).
    Do we know its two tickets and not 3? its three quests.

We will get 3 special boxes, one for each of the quests on first time you do the quest the day so giving 2 ticket on first of the quests looks a bit convoluted, not saying that the system with feathers and berries is not.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

If you don't miss any days at all from March 21 - April 2 (counting getting last 2 tickets on April 2 before 10 AM EST, you should have exactly enough berries (assuming you bought the other 3 berries before 10 AM EST on April 2). I know the article says 24 tickets, but if you actually count the possible days from March 21 - April 2 it is actually 26 tickets (again, you must do event and get berries before 10 AM EST on April 2 (reset is now 2 AM EST plan accordingly).

We will get 3 special boxes, one for each of the quests on first time you do the quest the day so giving 2 ticket on first of the quests looks a bit convoluted, not saying that the system with feathers and berries is not.

The article literally states it's 2 tickets per day:

"As you take part in the Jester’s Festival, you’ll earn two Event Tickets the first time you complete a Jester’s daily quest each day..."

https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55911
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the point is they want you to log in and take part.

If you aren't logging in, why should you be able to get it? Kinda defeats the entire point.

Like, you're going on holiday. Just enjoy your holiday
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 20, 2019 3:55PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As event goes for 12 days and I assume you get 3 berries each day doing the 3 quests you can get 36 who would be enough.
    even if you skip some days as you only need 26 tickets having 4.

Tickets will also be sold in crown store who might be an option if you miss a couple.

this is NOT how it works for the event. You only get 2 tickets on your FIRST jester's festival quest of the day.
    Edited by tmbrinks on March 20, 2019 4:00PM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We do know it's 2 tickets, according to the article here

D0F5htO.jpg

Also, don't forget about this (if it matters to you):
    rBTmCGN.jpg

The springtime indrik pet looks like this:
    n11deLk.jpg

To be honest, I didn't really care at all for the green mount until I saw the cute little pet on the PTS.. then I had to have the green mount as well... gotta catch them all! ;)
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The entire thing is a needless convoluted mess. When a fairly sizeable portion of the player base still can't grasp the intricates of how all this has been implemented and the requirements, it tells you it could have been handled better.

I'm just back after 6 months away and the DB event was my first. After reading some articles on it, I'm not really further forward with how all the tickets, feathers and berries really tie in with one another. After 2 days doing the DB event, I gave up trying to understand it and what tickets i got, I got. Stopped busting a gut for them.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on March 20, 2019 4:04PM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire thing is a needless convoluted mess. When a fairly sizeable portion of the player base still can't grasp the intricates of how all this has been implemented and the requirements, it tells you it could have been handled better.

I'm just back after 6 months away and the DB event was my first. After reading some articles on it, I'm not really further forward with how all the tickets, feathers and berries really tie in with one another. After 2 days doing the DB event, I gave up trying to understand it and what tickets i got, I got. Stopped busting a gut for them.

I agree and disagree. I agree the information could/should have been more clear and handled better. However, no matter how much information you put out about an event, there are always going to be people who don't know or don't understand for any reason you would like to pick, about the information you just gave out. Basically, some people don't read what information is given completely, don't read the forums at all, or rely on others for their game information. Relying on others for your information can lead to a mess of misinformation...

That's why I go the extra mile to show pictures and link articles when I post information. If someone still misunderstands after that.. I can't help them with that.
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on March 20, 2019 4:18PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rex-Umbra,
    the info about evolving the indriks was all up well in advance. Altho it's possible for you to still get the evolved dawnwood indrik, with only 4 tickets going in, I'd strongly recommend just giving up on this particular evolution. Instead, save up your tickets for next quarter's indrik evolution berries (the next three evolved versions are all much better than the dawnwood indrik), or for some of the other cool things that the ticket merchant will have on sale, like the indrik pet (10 tix). You could also just work on getting more feathers for your next indrik, if you get more than enough for the pet.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing, it shouldnt be a Job to get a mount, let alone a pig ugly mount that cant even run properly. I gave up after the last event.

It would be interesting to see exactly how many try hards are still at this.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing, it shouldnt be a Job to get a mount, let alone a pig ugly mount that cant even run properly. I gave up after the last event.

On two accounts on PCNA, at your service. :p
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Some people like the indriks. Some people are happy to be able to work towards something they can get by playing the game. For the most part, getting tickets each day has been a relatively quick process once you progressed enough to unlock the dailies.

Could it be a simpler process? Sure. We're not even out of Q1 yet and there's already event-fatigue so absolutely there could have been a better way to do this. But should you be able to log in for approximately 10 minutes a day, you'd have more than enough tickets for what you want. I currently have 6 feathers, 3 berries, and am 12/12 tickets (and actually gave up on CWC tickets as soon as I got my feather for that event) so you have not needed to do every quest every day unless you wanted to have some wiggle room.

But sure, be rude and condescending towards anyone still interested because you gave up.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4 of 4 PS4/NA and 2 of 3 PS4/EU here. I guess spending between 1 and 20 minutes per day (depending on event requirements), and collecting and putting together two 4-piece puzzles hasn't really been much of a burden on me.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to tell you that on the ESO Facebook page, one of the ZOS employees posted on there that once these berries are gone, they will not be coming back.

I HOPE they'll return next year, but this employee said they wouldn't be returning.

Please send a support ticket in now and see if you can get them to take your tickets and give you that last berry. You'll have to be specific about which one you want, though.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on March 20, 2019 7:21PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every bit of information is laid out in the official website articles.

Yes, this is the last event where the Dawnwood berries will be in the Impressario.

Yes, the Dawnwood Berries will be completely unavailable the moment the Jester Fesival ends.

No, they will not be coming back next year.

It won't hurt to ask support to take tickets from your account and award a Dawnwood Berries of Ripeness, even if they might say no.

If it means that much to you then you might have to bite the bullet and give someone credit to log in for you, then change your password right after they buy the berry which you can do over a mobile connection.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as I understood it, yes, the berry will only be available during this quarter (only Jester's festival, and maybe Jan 2020 but most likely March 2020). I believe the berries are trade-able, but anyone willing to trade one will probably charge you an arm and a leg for one unless they are a very, very close friend willing to make that trade.
    Edited by Finedaible on March 20, 2019 7:38PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

On two accounts on PCNA, at your service. :p
    @starkerealm I'll see your 2NA and raise you 1.5 EU
    (I didn't get TG/DB DLC's on one until the tail end).

Reaper, Considering with each event, they basically give you opportunity to get a full feather + a full berry + some spares, you could effectively do every other event and still qualify.

It's the after-dinner bowl of popcorn while sitting on the couch. It's not because you're hungry. It's not necessarily because it's super cool. It's simply something to do (on autopilot) with an okay reward. Nothing try hard about it.

So, why not? If you choose not to, it doesn't give you the right to berate those that do.

If there's a job out there where I work 4 days every 2 weeks, for a max of 20 minutes a day, and still get paid full time (or a new car every 3 months), sign me up.

OP, assuming you're still about enough to have access to the forums, will you have any secure net access while you're away? I'm talking secure PC connection or even smart phone? It doesn't have to be ESO capable necessarily and you won't be actually downloading the game.

If the answer is yes, I may have an alternative for you, since you already have tickets in hand. (Serious here.)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS