The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is actual drop rate of Maelstrom Inferno Staff?

• ArcticF0xx
    ArcticF0xx
    ✭✭
    I’ve only gotten bows, 2H, 1H, and resto staves. It’s maddening. All I want is a destruction staff. We should be able to trade with players who’ve finished vMA. Rng has not been kind.
    Edited by ArcticF0xx on December 28, 2019 4:18AM

-ArcticF0xx-
    They told me there'd be free candy on this ride.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One a year. 😁

Just kidding. Clearly it's RNG. I have 2 vma inferno staves from fewer than 20 runs.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love how people are still complaining about vma drops. People even saying go back before transmutes were a thing, what about before the weapons were a 100% drop rate? When it first launched you were lucky to get a single weapon every 5 or so runs.

Runs take less than a hour for most players now, and on ps4 NA a complete gets you on the leaderboard for each class. That's 2 weapons for an hour of your time. Back in the day the average person took a lot longer and got nothing out of it.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be some kind of token system for vMA just like the pledge NPCs. You earn vMA keys by completing vMA, and you use those keys to buy a weapon with X amount of keys.
  • walidd24nrb18_ESO
    walidd24nrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Y’all here crying about token system. What about us that DIDNT only have to farm The correct weapon but also The correct trait?? Pls. Do like everyone Else and just farm it, it Will drop eventually...
  • nejcn001
    nejcn001
    ✭✭✭
    I got inferno staff in 5th run and it was Nirnhoned.

Oh im stamina specced.

I got tons of staffs, but only 6x stamina gear out of 30 runs.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how people are still complaining about vma drops. People even saying go back before transmutes were a thing, what about before the weapons were a 100% drop rate? When it first launched you were lucky to get a single weapon every 5 or so runs.

Runs take less than a hour for most players now, and on ps4 NA a complete gets you on the leaderboard for each class. That's 2 weapons for an hour of your time. Back in the day the average person took a lot longer and got nothing out of it.

It makes me wonder how many people successfully farmed bis gear back then.
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel that in any case of drops, code should be written that allows for a check of your inventory and bank and the drop will correspond to what you don’t have. Rather than complete something for a duplicate.
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    So far I've gotten 3 bow's, a maul and lightning staff. Going in later today to attempt flawless...and hopefully get that inferno lol
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on my personal experiences you will get an inferno staff after 25 s+b sets, 20 2h, 10 dw, 10 ice staves, 5 lightning staves and 1 resto.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drop rate is abysmal, chance to get a good trait on it is close to zero.

By the time I got a fire vMA staff *with wrong trait*, I had 11 bows, 7 swords and countless other useless drops.

I had to run vMA no less than 150 times just to see it drop and even then, it was the wrong trait.

Lucky new players, who can transmute now!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've yet to complete VMA halfway through just haven't taken the time to finish. I could use a bow for my new toon. Are they really that much better considering you'll be losing set perks?
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on February 17, 2020 10:14PM