Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Almalexia's Oufit

Soulpuppet
Soulpuppet
✭✭✭
Can we haz yet? I mean we have the Dark Shaman outfit and bath towel...So a little bikini plate would be fine IMO.

2cisl5.jpg
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos seems to be avoiding bikinis, which is just fine with me.
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulpuppet wrote: »
    Can we haz yet? I mean we have the Dark Shaman outfit and bath towel...So a little bikini plate would be fine IMO.

2cisl5.jpg

so want this. you can dress male chars in a skimpy way in this game too so who cares. gimme
    PC EU
  • Soulpuppet
    Soulpuppet
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos seems to be avoiding bikinis, which is just fine with me.

Sadly you can't say this with the 2 costumes I listed. Her outfit actually shows less skin than the towel....so....yeah this shouldn't be out of the question.

Dark shaman
    Dark-Shaman-Female-Close-Front.jpg

Bath Towel
    Nordic%20Bathers%20Towel.png
    Edited by Soulpuppet on March 16, 2019 5:07PM
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to have it^^
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been wanting this ever since I saw it. No one ever complains when my guys are half naked running around showing off skin. No one. Can't stand double standards and the folks who employ them when it suits them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Been wanting this ever since I saw it. No one ever complains when my guys are half naked running around showing off skin. No one. Can't stand double standards and the folks who employ them when it suits them.

It isn't a double standard as far as I'm concerned. It has to do with whether or not outfits sexualize or objectify a character.
    There are several, though not too many, outfits clearly designed for female characters that are more sexual.
    There are Zero outfits for males that are even remotely sexualizing. They are skimpy or reveal a lot of skin, but they are designed for female bodies. So when male characters wear them, it doesn't have the same impact.
    As far as almalexias outfit goes, as long as they release Vivecs and Sotha Sils costumes at the same time, I'd be down with it. Always dug the Tribunals style.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    Sevn wrote: »

It isn't a double standard as far as I'm concerned. It has to do with whether or not outfits sexualize or objectify a character.
    There are several, though not too many, outfits clearly designed for female characters that are more sexual.
    There are Zero outfits for males that are even remotely sexualizing. They are skimpy or reveal a lot of skin, but they are designed for female bodies. So when male characters wear them, it doesn't have the same impact.
    As far as almalexias outfit goes, as long as they release Vivecs and Sotha Sils costumes at the same time, I'd be down with it. Always dug the Tribunals style.

So what you're saying is we need more codpieces, I would agree,
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and Vivec's outfit too while we are at it. I mean, everyone will run around with elder scrolls weapons from the crown store so it is not a big deal
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Duduck_III
    Duduck_III
    ✭✭
    I just want her chest ... but can wear it with pants, for my characters (but also the version without pants for those who want anyway, of course)
    PS4 EU
    * Sorry for my English not pefect *
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer are a very sexual race, makes sense to release armor related to them that is skimpy.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trendy
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several comments that were off topic and derailing the thread. Please keep in mind, posts should adhere to our forum rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • lishybach
    lishybach
    ✭✭
    I’d pay money for this
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please this, put it on crown store.

Also, there is no almalexia statue, make one now, put it on crown store now.
  • spekdah
    spekdah
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing that has slightly annoyed me is the sheer amount of full body tattoos available vs armour or costumes to actually show them off.

My warden khajiit is now just wearing those Nord trunks to showoff those glowing psyjic tattoos.

Also have dark shamen costume and fang lair outfits but yeah, skin options severely lacking!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason they deleted my comment even though I didn’t use inflammatory speech... anyway my answer is still:

No, I don’t want any players to have Almalexia’s unique outfit. The Tribunal should look unique, they are major protagonists. Something similar is fine, but not the exact same one.

If they want to give her an updated look so she’s as high Rez and stylish as Vivec and then release this “lower quality” one to the public that would be okay. She’s using the base game Dunmer textures, shoes and shoulders it looks like.
    Edited by max_only on March 18, 2019 4:01AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Soulpuppet
    Soulpuppet
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    For some reason they deleted my comment even though I didn’t use inflammatory speech... anyway my answer is still:

No, I don’t want any players to have Almalexia’s unique outfit. The Tribunal should look unique, they are major protagonists. Something similar is fine, but not the exact same one.

If they want to give her an updated look so she’s as high Rez and stylish as Vivec and then release this “lower quality” one to the public that would be okay. She’s using the base game Dunmer textures, shoes and shoulders it looks like.

I will disagree with you. Nothing "low quality" should ever come out on the store. I want players to have her unique outfit just like Naryu's unique outfit. As you say it's base Dunmer stuff just a little skin showing...so this shouldn't be an issue to you since other players can already wear this minus the good bits cut out =D.
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will disagree with you. Nothing "low quality" should ever come out on the store. I want players to have her unique outfit just like Naryu's unique outfit. As you say it's base Dunmer stuff just a little skin showing...so this shouldn't be an issue to you since other players can already wear this minus the good bits cut out =D.

Naryu is not an important character, she's just an assassin, not a leader or a goddess. And her outfit can be seen as just a random assassin armor, so it's not a problem to see people wear it.
    But i think it's logical that important characters have a unique outfit, not available for player.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Naryu is not a living god.

Do you want us all to look like Vivec as well?

By low quality I don’t mean trash art, I mean she is a god-queen, her look needs to be higher in quality in the fantasy universe than the rest of us.

Galadriel doesn’t wear what a farming Hobbit wears.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Soulpuppet
    Soulpuppet
    ✭✭✭
    Ashfen wrote: »

Naryu is not an important character, she's just an assassin, not a leader or a goddess. And her outfit can be seen as just a random assassin armor, so it's not a problem to see people wear it.
    But i think it's logical that important characters have a unique outfit, not available for player.

So....from what he said...It's normal dunmer armor just some pieces missing...Now if she had a actual unique look than ok but it's armor in the game, just styled to her. Also...Naryu was/is a important character.

By low quality I don’t mean trash art, I mean she is a god-queen, her look needs to be higher in quality in the fantasy universe than the rest of us.

So...what is it? You say it's just regular dunmer armor she has...but now it's unique? Any blacksmith/leather worker could remove leg plates and mid section. Vivec has a loin cloth. I'm fine with that. What should be unique are their tattoo's. Like Vivec's blue gold split and Almalexia's tattoo's, glow and light skin tone Dark elf.

I don't believe that a Loin cloth or Regular Dunmer armor missing some parts should be to held to only living gods....they're easy for the simple folk to be able to make/wear.
    Edited by Soulpuppet on March 18, 2019 2:12PM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to have this as well. Come on ZOS!
  • Grentek
    Grentek
    ✭✭✭
    Also...Naryu was/is a important character.
    But she's still just an assassin, her outfit is probably a common one of the Morag Tong. So, just like the armor of any Imperial soldier, there's no problem in having it according to the fact it's (or could be) fairly common.
    I don't believe that a Loin cloth or Regular Dunmer armor missing some parts should be to held to only living gods....they're easy for the simple folk to be able to make/wear.
    Do you really think it's normal for people to wear a god's outfit? And, considering how the Dunmer are with the religion they will probably stick you on a pike for such a sacrilege.

The dominion will not flee,
    We fight for Eternity!
    Hear the singing of our blades,
    Death has come, foes be afraid!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashfen wrote: »

So....from what he said...It's normal dunmer armor just some pieces missing...Now if she had a actual unique look than ok but it's armor in the game, just styled to her. Also...Naryu was/is a important character.

So...what is it? You say it's just regular dunmer armor she has...but now it's unique? Any blacksmith/leather worker could remove leg plates and mid section. Vivec has a loin cloth. I'm fine with that. What should be unique are their tattoo's. Like Vivec's blue gold split and Almalexia's tattoo's, glow and light skin tone Dark elf.

I said already, if they give her a better look then yes her current outfit is fine to be shared to players because it’s just regular Dunmer shoes and shoulders. No citizen should look like a god in a fantasy universe. It’s not hard to understand.

No player character can look like Vivec because he is unique. Unique skin, unique armor, unique weapon. Same with Sotha Sil. Therefore Almalexia must remain unique.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about one costume that appears as Almalexia's on females, and Vivec's for males?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    How about one costume that appears as Almalexia's on females, and Vivec's for males?

Vivec is both though.
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Not Sotha Sil ? (:
  • Soulpuppet
    Soulpuppet
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite argument about not having this costume is that it's a living god costume.....There is nothing special about this costume or Vivec's. It's a loin cloth and Dunmer mail with some pieces missing....This isn't an argument. These are all things none gods can wear.

We can have Soth Sil's gear from clock work it's what the npc's also wear. Why can't we have a loin cloth and sexy plate? The thing that makes them look like gods are their glowing aura/Tats. Their gear doesn't make them anything special. I'm not sure what the issue is besides people not wanting people to have it because they don't like the way it looks to fill their own personal agenda of not liking revealing armor.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've had to remove a few comments that were not appropriate for the ESO forums. This is a friendly reminder to make sure your posts adhere to our forum rules. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone worried about having a living god's outfit, we all know that if ZOS makes it, it won't look like their outfit. Remember what they did to the Elven Hero armor. It's similar, but not the same as what's in the artwork/trailer. I'm sure some of it had to do with making sure it worked with actual character models in-game.

Thus, they'd probably do the same with Almalexia's outfit - they'll have to provide more coverage so that the outfit doesn't look awkward on a player character who is doing more than just floating stationary in mid-air.

It's fine to have the opinion that no player character should have a living god's outfit, but I'm not really sure why, other than that's the way they want it. As posted above, it's more than their outfit that makes them look the way they do. Just wearing Almalexia's outfit isn't suddenly going to make any of my characters look like her. If it were a polymorph, then yes, I could see the argument, but just a costume?

And, as others have requested, I'd love to see a statue of her, to go with Vivec and Sotha Sil.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 18, 2019 7:28PM
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Options for Customisation = Better.
    Saying no for the sake of it = Bitter.