Smart Looter at ESOUI.com
Ever wish you could turn auto loot on when gathering mats, and then flip it off afterwards? Smart Looter is a better alternative to the game's Auto Loot feature
that will auto-loot anything that does not consume additional inventory space
If it can be placed in your craft bag or tacked onto an existing stack of that item in your backpack, it will be auto-looted. If not, you can still loot it normally as usual. If every item was auto-looted by Smart Looter, then you won't even see the loot dialog, similar to the game's auto loot feature.
So how does Smart Looter work, exactly?
How does Smart Looter handle gold and other currencies?
- If you have the craft bag, then all crafting materials will be auto-looted. Very useful when harvesting nodes or farming provisioning containers.
- If you don't have the craft bag, or if the crafting material is stolen, or if the item is not a crafting material at all, then it will check if there is an existing stack in your inventory that this item can be added to. If there is, the item will be auto-looted.
- For example, let's say you currently have 100 lockpicks in your inventory. If you open a backpack containing a lockpick, it will be auto-looted since it can be added to the existing stack of 100.
- As another example, let's say you don't have the craft bag and you have 198 Rubedite Ore in your inventory. You mine a node and get 3 more ores. These ores will not be auto-looted because the existing stack in your inventory is too full to accommodate them.
- Items that are not auto-looted can still be looted normally. If there are items that were not auto-looted, the loot window will be shown with the unlooted items and you can choose to either loot them normally or ignore them. You will not see a loot window if all items were auto-looted.
- For example, let's say you don't have any basic Essence of Magicka potions. You kill an enemy and they drop a potion. If you manually loot this potion, then the next time you kill an enemy that drops an Essence of Magicka, it will be auto-looted because it can be stacked with the potion that you had just manually looted.
What about stealing?
- Gold, if it's not stolen, will always be auto-looted.
- Tel Var stones will also be auto-looted, unless they are in a coffer (e.g., the Light Tel Var Satchel rewards from Imperial City quests) and you are currently in Imperial City/Sewers (since players typically want to keep stones safe inside containers if possible).
- Capped currencies--transmute crystals and event tickets--will be auto-looted only if looting them will not overflow your currency cap.
- For example, if you currently have 64 crystals and you just completed vMA, the 4 crystals in the final chest will be auto-looted since it will not exceed your crystal limit.
- As another example, if you currently have 199 transmute crystals and you just completed vDSA, you will not auto-loot the 5 crystals from the final chest. You can either manually loot them and lose 4 crystals, or you could quickly port out, use up some crystals, and then port back to loot the chest.
- Capped currencies found inside coffers and other inventory containers will never be auto-looted. Storing crystals inside geodes and reward containers is a common way of saving them for future use.
How do I use it?
- Stolen items and stolen gold that normally appear in a loot window will be auto-looted only if the player is currently in stealth.
- Remember that stolen items can only be stacked with other stolen items.
- For example, if you currently have 100 "clean" lockpicks and you open a backpack containing a stolen lockpick, you will not auto-loot that lockpick. Once you've manually stolen that lockpick, thus starting a new stolen lockpick stack in your inventory, future stolen lockpicks that you encounter will be auto-looted.
Just install it
and go! There are no options to configure. If you currently have the in-game Auto Loot feature enabled, you will need to disable that as it obviously will conflict with Smart Looter.
PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters
― Officer and former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
– Breton Nightblade – DD – Snow Oryx ☙
– Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx ☙
– Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
– Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
– Bosmer Nightblade – DD – Higgs Bosmer
– Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
– Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
– Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd
– Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx ☙
– Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
– Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm
The Flawless Conqueror • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor • Voice of Reason • Bringer of Light • Blackrose Executioner
Add-Ons: Itemization Browser
― Loot Log
― Deconstruction Junk Marker
― Purge Tracker
― vHoF Status Panel
― Asylum Status Panel
― Dungeon Timer
― Combat Alerts
― Smart Looter