Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Zoo meta is getting old...

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I came back after a short hiatus, I played 3 DM games (PC EU) where the sorcs were at least 5 from 12 players. Almost every sorc had at least one pet and some of them were with the whole gang. Combine streak with the *** targeting and the whole game i spent more time to pin point my targets (it doesnt work) than actually hit my enemies.

Another funny thing is that the ZOO build is not strong at all in BGs if you fix the targeting.

ZOS it is a sad state of the BGs.
    Because I can!
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG's are a complete mess now. Played last night both teams had 3 pets sources and ours had 2. It's like an army of toons everywhere. It's not fighting or PVP in any sense of the word. Not remotely fun.
    Edited by bardx86 on March 23, 2019 9:03PM
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    I recently reinstalled the game after deciding that since I'm getting visually angry with it, I should uninstall it. I had a few good matches when I returned and made a friend in one of the matches. We started to duo and had a blast; however, when night reared it's ugly head around, all we fought were premades and the same *** it has been for the last year or two. I am really contemplating on keeping the game installed, but not actively playing until the next expansion comes out in the summer.

I have a lot of gripes with the game, like the game punishing you with lowest points for being a dedicated healer, the state of BGs and Zenimax's lack of obvious attention to their community, executes being a thing and not every class having one, etc. I'm really looking forward to something new and refreshing, and having a new class to play might be nice.
    PC-NA
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sick of the heavy armor tank meta. These builds can tank and spank with no issues. Braindead builds who barely take dmg , but deal tons of it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    I came back after a short hiatus, I played 3 DM games (PC EU) where the sorcs were at least 5 from 12 players. Almost every sorc had at least one pet and some of them were with the whole gang. Combine streak with the *** targeting and the whole game i spent more time to pin point my targets (it doesnt work) than actually hit my enemies.

Another funny thing is that the ZOO build is not strong at all in BGs if you fix the targeting.

ZOS it is a sad state of the BGs.

Well, if they are playing only one pet then it's the twilight matriach for the heals. It's the best way to counter oblivion damage/sloads. I don't think such builds need a nerf, but I agree that having more than one pet (say pet monster mask+ both sorc pets) is an overkill and needs to be looked at. Having Atro as ult is fine, people can simply run away from it.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    olsborg wrote: »
    Sick of the heavy armor tank meta. These builds can tank and spank with no issues. Braindead builds who barely take dmg , but deal tons of it.

Yep, you literally half to wear heavy armor now days and it's extremely cookie cutter. I was actually having a conversation with a friend I pvp with and we were talking about how you're entirely shoehorned into it. There are so many sets I want to try out as a healer, but can't because you have to run Transmutation and Heavy armor.
    PC-NA
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total dark is really good counter to pet sorcs
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    My last BG match was against a premade made of 4 pet sorcs running 2 pets, atro ulti and deadroth set. Felt like playing TES:Oblivion.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s ridiculous. Not to mention they’ll have one running thurvoken for defile. So aids lol.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s ridiculous. Not to mention they’ll have one running thurvoken for defile. So aids lol.

Yeah, I’ve seen that a lot lately. The packleader groups usually run at least one thurvoken, with the rest wearing Zaan.

What’s especially sad about the pet sorc premades (speaking from my perspective as a mag sorc main) is that they feel they HAVE to run pets to be effective, which isn’t true at all. You don’t even have to run Matriarch or shield stack. If you back bar the resto ultimate and use Temporal Guard on your damage bar, you have MORE than enough defence. Freeing up four skill slots also gives you more room for things like Inner Light and Frags, which will help you proc Power Surge constantly so you don’t have to heavy attack and spam wrath/fury behind your zoo. Your burst potential is so much higher on non-pet builds. The only reason why people run pet builds is to grief, and because it’s a really easy way to be somewhat effective. Emphasis on somewhat.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    los is better than 8% of reduction. pets give health, magicka, additional damage and healing, free slot for a ult. zos forced people to use them by nerfing the class. yes its a stupid cheesy setup but why sorcs shouldnt use it if other classes run in full chees whith bleeds, poisons, oblivion damage, spintowin, permafrost ect. as for me sorc is obsolete and should be completly reworked.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    los is better than 8% of reduction. pets give health, magicka, additional damage and healing, free slot for a ult. zos forced people to use them by nerfing the class. yes its a stupid cheesy setup but why sorcs shouldnt use it if other classes run in full chees whith bleeds, poisons, oblivion damage, spintowin, permafrost ect. as for me sorc is obsolete and should be completly reworked.

See, I might be able to empathize with what you’re saying here if it weren’t for the fact that I generally net more kills and fewer deaths than the average pet sorc on my pet-less sorc build. Pet builds excel at griefing and little else. I’m usually not getting killed by pet sorcs; I’m usually getting killed by well-built players NOT on the pet sorc premade team that are able to capitalize on my executes hitting a passing pet, or my lack of resources because I keep unintentionally wasting skills on passing pets. Pet sorcs are much less effective as damage dealers because they don’t have the bar space for a proper burst rotation. End of story. I

Pet sorcs who stack as many pets as possible, IMO, are likely people who were far too reliant on shield stacking in the past and never learned how to move well or use a wide variety of defensive measures. Prior to Murkmire, I only used one shield and did not play in full divines gear. The shield nerfs barely affected me, as a result.

If you pet stack in BGs, you aren’t just griefing other people; you’re limiting your offensive potential as well.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get ready for another pet class with necromancer! The new game play video confirms the ZOO problem will only get worse in the next expansion.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get ready for another pet class with necromancer! The new game play video confirms the ZOO problem will only get worse in the next expansion.

More like safari hunting. Short duration pets mixed in with high and heavy aoe bursts.

Tight packed groups are going to melt to necros. Necros are gonna be the Teddy Roosevelts of ESO.
    Edited by StormeReigns on March 31, 2019 5:09PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Total dark is really good counter to pet sorcs

Except when you waste 30k magicka spamming it on their bird and rat pets because you can't hit the sorc

(or do you mean bubble the pets. Does it actually hurt the sorc?)
    Edited by Alucardo on March 31, 2019 5:15PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Yup. It’s utter BS, and saps all fun from BGs. I still think the easiest way to discourage zoo stacking is to make players take a percentage of the damage done when another player deals damage to one of their pets. No more free mitigation for pet stackers, no wasted single target attacks for non-pet stackers. Having a single pet out would still be viable for people who like pets, as they would still offer partial mitigation. It’s the scamp + twilight + storm atro + daedroth combos, or multi packleader WW combos that are utterly ridiculous. These players knowingly abuse pet targeting issues, and it’s getting worse.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , I don’t know if the issues with pet targeting are on the devs’ radar, but it’s clear based on the increasing number of posts on the matter that they should be...

Very well said. This 100%. Its an issue, and it's getting out of control now. This is the perfect solution @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Nerf PvE for the sake of PvP thread. No thanks.

This can be affected by the pvp buff/debuff and not affect pve
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will note that if you keep running into these groups try running a bomber. I've done this as long as I have a healer in the group and the results have been hilariously successful since everyone crowds one spot with these BG zergs. But I dont go to BGs because I want to zerg and bomb, I want to be able to play my solo and small group builds and not fight zergs of pets
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I did a stamina version of this and it worked pretty well with very little investment. :/

Crown Poisons and Tri-pots, 1 piece impen, purple bow for offensive bar, gold VMA bow on back bar without using Hail(I got lazy). Did 3 BG's won 2 of 3 and led my team in score for each. Here's a video of the build followed by some short clips of the action. Turns out its hard for people to kill you if they cannot reliably target you, even if you are squishy AF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_0HaPlIuQQ&feature=youtu.be

To be fair this is an alt and doesn't play in a good BG bracket. But at the same time the build is stupid easy to put together and took no effort to have more than reasonable success versus other players. Just stack as many pet effects as possible and try and stay around/behind them. They do to the work for you and cause havoc for other players trying to target you.

There are a ton of things that could have been done better to try and make this a more legitimate setup even for a troll setup. I just wanted to point out how easy it is to survive and have moderate success with pets even with little investment. The damage dealt by the pets themselves is very low but its a fairly constant effect akin to a low damage unpurgeable infinite duration dot, the time taken to kill the pets far outweighs the time to re-cast them.

I may try and do another video where I put more effort into setup and making sure I have good traits, upgraded bow, good back bar set bow, and good consumables. Maybe change a set or two, as it stands though I think pets are far to effective for virtually no investment.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    -Matriarch should be more elevated (no lower than Sorcerer's head)
    -Change to a passive role as in no damage
    (the other morph can be damage)

This helps Sorcs be more dependable healers while removing a major part of the "zoo" problem for others.
    Edited by brandonv516 on April 4, 2019 5:49PM
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is easily some of the stinkiest cheese in the game, and it is about to become much worse with the addition of necros! ZoS please put an end to this completely bogus form of "mitigation" and allow an option under combat setting to not allow the targeting of pets if they were within a certain radius of the targeting reticule! Please and thank you!
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO PET OR GO CRY !
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    They attached the best burst heal sorcs have to the twilight, of course people are going to rock it. Sorcs only real stun is also attached to the stupid scamp, so I can understand why people rock that as well.

I love stamsorc, but having neither of these options is incredibly frustrating because they decided to slap them on our useless ass pets.
    Edited by bantad87 on May 2, 2019 12:58AM