The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Zoo meta is getting old...

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Pet sorcs, Werewolves with Dire wolves, Daedroth... This have been ridiculous for quite some time. Can we play make it so if you tab target an opponent you hit them rather than the pets completely surrounding them?
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    #Lionslivesmatter
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Lionslivesmatter

lol. They forget bear. Do not diss my bear.
    Edited by idk on March 14, 2019 3:49AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Targeting in general just needs to be rewritten. Soft targeting is a joke when multiple people are close together, and tab targeting is straight up broken, doing its own thing regardless of what you actually want it to do. One second it doesn't work, with all your attacks being unleashed on some poor pet down to the side of your screen, the next...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yprAGEEfOPk
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighting a team of 3 pack leaders in BGs. That's a total of 6 NPC wolves running around. Kept wasting my stamina by popping POTL on them rather than my actual target.
    Please, give pack leader something else. Those wolves are a frigging nuisance.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. It’s utter BS, and saps all fun from BGs. I still think the easiest way to discourage zoo stacking is to make players take a percentage of the damage done when another player deals damage to one of their pets. No more free mitigation for pet stackers, no wasted single target attacks for non-pet stackers. Having a single pet out would still be viable for people who like pets, as they would still offer partial mitigation. It’s the scamp + twilight + storm atro + daedroth combos, or multi packleader WW combos that are utterly ridiculous. These players knowingly abuse pet targeting issues, and it’s getting worse.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , I don’t know if the issues with pet targeting are on the devs’ radar, but it’s clear based on the increasing number of posts on the matter that they should be...
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ye I’m not sure why 98% of sorcs are going pet builds in pvp now. You’re losing 2 slots. And the pet is just free ulti for people with the max Fighter’s Guild passive.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Fighting a team of 3 pack leaders in BGs. That's a total of 6 NPC wolves running around. Kept wasting my stamina by popping POTL on them rather than my actual target.

I would honestly fight a group of pack leader´s over a group of petsorcs any day of the week. The sorc pets actually do good damage (can't say the same thing about packleader direwolves sadly) as well as acting like an artificial LoS.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. It's very annoying and fights feel just like a giant mess. Wish something could be done to fix this. Trying to tag werewolves and sorceres just to keep tagging their pets is sooo frustrating.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I would honestly fight a group of pack leader´s over a group of petsorcs any day of the week. The sorc pets actually do good damage (can't say the same thing about packleader direwolves sadly) as well as acting like an artificial LoS.

Oh I'm not saying it's worse, it's just the only experience I've had with so many pets in one setting before. A group of pet sorcs would probably end up making me rage quit and just take the penalty
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I'm not saying it's worse, it's just the only experience I've had with so many pets in one setting before. A group of pet sorcs would probably end up making me rage quit and just take the penalty

Sometimes you get petsorcs AND packleader WWs in the same match! :)

https://youtu.be/x880J15Y6BY

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Lmao welcome to the farm. When the daedroth spawned on top of all that crap I just lost it.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao welcome to the farm. When the daedroth spawned on top of all that crap I just lost it.

Best of all? When you rage at the ringmasters of said circus (because let’s be honest, “zoo” is too tame), they tell you to “L2P” and “counter” it. :) LMAO, nothing short of coordinated AOE ult bombing and synergy bombing from a premade group optimized for AOE damage is going to “counter” that bloody mess.
    Edited by Aurielle on March 14, 2019 12:13PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete
    Edited by Qbiken on March 14, 2019 12:24PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that footage is from murkmire
    The ww that dealt oblivion damage to you was running double infused Torug's Pact and abusing a bug where ww bleeds procced enchants. It's fixed with Wrathstone so not as powerful anymore in terms of damage.

Missing the point. Issue is primarily pet targeting, not the Torug’s bug.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ww that dealt oblivion damage to you was running double infused Torug's Pact and abusing a bug where ww bleeds procced enchants. It's fixed with Wrathstone so not as powerful anymore in terms of damage.

Wrote in the wrong thread :pensive:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So is it ranged who are having problems with them, or also pure ST builds?

Does proximity or inevitable detonation count pets?
    Edited by Iskiab on March 14, 2019 12:29PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrote in the wrong thread :pensive:

No problem. :) If you were meaning to respond to the other thread with my screen caps of full oblivion damage on my death recaps, that was taken yesterday on the Wrathstone patch.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

All builds. Anyone can suffer from trying to wade through the screen of pets to try and find their target. I like the idea of tab targeting someone means ignoring all pets. It'd be nice if tab targeting actually had a use.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

All builds. Anyone can suffer from trying to wade through the screen of pets to try and find their target. I like the idea of tab targeting someone means ignoring all pets. It'd be nice if tab targeting actually had a use.

This. All of my builds suffer against stacked pet builds: melee, ranged, stamina, magicka, etc. You need to be in a coordinated premade with coordinated AOE ult bombs to deal with them — especially with the buffs pets got with Wrathstone. Anyone who thinks it’s okay that one team can have 8-16 pets clogging up the screen at one time is either abusing pet targeting themselves, or playing healers.
    Edited by Aurielle on March 14, 2019 12:38PM
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. All of my builds suffer against stacked pet builds: melee, ranged, stamina, magicka, etc. You need to be in a coordinated premade with coordinated AOE ult bombs to deal with them — especially with the buffs pets got with Wrathstone.

Either that or just sit and wait till the time ends. Not going to feed their ego, rather stay put and wait lol I've seen so many people just leave BGs when there is a group of WW and pet sorcs, it just kills all the fun.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many of us have been asking for them to make a toggle for pet targeting. Or make it so that we need to tab target onto the pet to hit it.

It’s maybe 1 in 50 times that I’d rather hit a pet than a player (resources). Im ok with special pets (bear) being targetable and used as cover, but current zoo meta is ridiculous. Pets soak so much damage and they don’t get tweaked properly to account for that in PvP.
  • aeden_0
    aeden_0
    Soul Shriven
    Has ZOS ever commented on taking into account the shielding effect of pets when balancing? It's not just class pets, the Maw of the Infernal proc can be way overpowered if played right.

If they intend for pets to be such a targeting annoyance they need to reduce their health so players can realistically kill them in combat. This would make it similar to breaking a shield. If they didn't they should make all pet's non-targetable (like shade) and reduce their damage or something.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf PvE for the sake of PvP thread. No thanks.
    PC-NA
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Nerf PvE for the sake of PvP thread. No thanks.

Doesn’t have to be a PVE nerf. With my idea, for instance, the damage dealt to the player controlling the pet would ONLY be the case in a PVP zone. Pets could take damage and be meat sponges in PVE land without affecting the player.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anything else?

You guys are running out of things to cry about. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Anything else?

You guys are running out of things to cry about. :)

We’ve been pointing out the imbalances of pet stacking (sure, call it “crying” if you like) for a long time.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We’ve been pointing out the imbalances of pet stacking (sure, call it “crying” if you like) for a long time.

Is it really imbalanced? Or just something you don't like?

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Gaining free mitigation from 8-16 pets is imbalanced. Making your enemies unintentionally waste their resources on your pets is unbalanced.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Gaining free mitigation from 8-16 pets is imbalanced. Making your enemies unintentionally waste their resources on your pets is unbalanced.

Wow life must be rough for some. I've never seen 16 pets in BG. I bet it is the premades that have been ruining BGs. What do you think?

• IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭

😭