The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elsweyr Preorder - Do I get the Necromancer AND Warden class?

Keras
Keras
✭✭
Different bundles, showcases and contradicting statements got me a little confused about what exactly I get when I (pre)order Elsweyr. Most interesting to me are the Warden and Necromancer class:

I understand that I get the base game (which I already have + Orsinium and IC), Morrowind and Summerset on top of Elsweyr when I order what's called the 'Standard Edition'. Now it's explicitly called the "Morrowind chapter" in the description here, and not something like "zone-dlc", which I believe it's called in some content description of ESO+.

My question now is: If I (pre)order this 'Standard Edition' with the Morrowind chapter included, will I get permanent access to the Warden class as well? It seems to be excluded nowadays when you buy Morrowind for 3.500 crowns in the Crown Store.
Also, I assume that I get permanent access to the Necromancer class when I buy the Elsweyr chapter, right?

Thanks for your help! :smile:
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have to buy the warden separately now.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden is no longer included in The Morrowind pack, the class is now a seperate purchase in the Crown Store, and yes purchasing Elsweyr gives you permanent access to the Necromancer class.
    Edited by supaskrub on March 14, 2019 12:50AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »
    Warden is no longer included in The Morrowind pack, the class is now seperate purchase in the Crown Store.

^This.^
  • Keras
    Keras
    ✭✭
    Warden is no longer included in The Morrowind pack, the class is now a seperate purchase in the Crown Store, and yes purchasing Elsweyr gives you permanent access to the Necromancer class.

If I remember correctly (haven't played for 2 years), whoever bought Morrowind when it came out got the Warden class as well. But they completely changed that? There's no way to get the Warden class and Morrowind in one pack now?

Do we know if Necromancer is also a limited-time bonus for Elsweyr?
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Older "Chapters", which we are told don't count as DLC (for ESO+), magically become "DLC" and are included in ESO+ once a new chapter comes out. The difference is that they removed the selling feature of the "chapter" and put it on the Crown store.

When Elsweyr comes out, I assume the Summerset "Chapter" will become DLC, and the Jewelry crafting feature will be a Crown store purchase.
    PC-NA
  • Keras
    Keras
    ✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Older "Chapters", which we are told don't count as DLC (for ESO+), magically become "DLC" and are included in ESO+ once a new chapter comes out. The difference is that they removed the selling feature of the "chapter" and put it on the Crown store.

When Elsweyr comes out, I assume the Summerset "Chapter" will become DLC, and the Jewelry crafting feature will be a Crown store purchase.

Well, it's a huge problem if all the player community gets are assumptions.

The 'Standard Edition' of Elsweyr gets promoted as including the Morrowind and Summerset chapters. When I go on the official ESO site and look at the content of the Morrowind and Summerset chapters, I get told about features like "Craft your own jewelry" and "Become the warden". The natural conclusion would be that I get full access to everything Morrowind and Summerset have to offer, including the Warden class and jewelry crafting.

I wish ZOS would give unmistakable information about the content I get if they want me to pay them money.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread around a couple weeks back where it was laid out pretty well. I didn't pay much attention - I preordered already, and already own MW and Warden, as well as being an ESO+ subscriber. AFAIK, ZOS didn't post in that thread though so.... *shrug*
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Morrowind chapter includes the Morrowind DLC (Vvardenfell zone) and the Warden class.

That is why it is still called "chapter".
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    The Morrowind chapter includes the Morrowind DLC (Vvardenfell zone) and the Warden class.

Morrowind which you get via preordering Elsweyr doesn't contain the Warden class.

Morrowind and the Warden class have been separated, Morrowind is considered a DLC now and not counted as a Chapter anymore. The only Chapter at the moment is Summerset up until the moment Elsweyr gets released, then it will become a DLC as well (doesn't mean you get Morrowind and Summerset content by subscribing to ESO+).

If you buy the retail version of Morrowind you still get the Warden class, that's how I did it two months ago when I changed to Xbox. Otherwise the Warden class must be purchased in the Crown Store.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 14, 2019 11:29AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keras wrote: »

If I remember correctly (haven't played for 2 years), whoever bought Morrowind when it came out got the Warden class as well. But they completely changed that? There's no way to get the Warden class and Morrowind in one pack now?

Then Morrowind was an chapter you got warden with it. However as it now is an dlc and included in ESO+ they made warden an separate purchase. I assume this is so they have to check for ESO+ status in character creation.
    BG was also included in base game.

Good chance jewlery crafting will be part of base game in Elsweyr but this is not an guarantee
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Morrowind which you get via preordering Elsweyr doesn't contain the Warden class.

Morrowind and the Warden class have been separated, Morrowind is considered a DLC now and not counted as a Chapter anymore. The only Chapter at the moment is Summerset up until the moment Elsweyr gets released, then it will become a DLC as well (doesn't mean you get Morrowind and Summerset content by subscribing to ESO+).

If you buy the retail version of Morrowind you still get the Warden class, that's how I did it two months ago when I changed to Xbox. Otherwise the Warden class must be purchased in the Crown Store.

Why is Morrowind still called chapter, then?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxDuTqWXgAAF6OQ.jpg:large

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_elsweyr_edition
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's still called a chapter because ZoS have always been *** poor with their descriptions. There are other items that are ambiguous at best in the CS and they have been there for years. No idea why they get away with that. Can only assume it's because the CS is a contained marketplace and you aren't technically paying cash at the point of sale.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When summerset came out they separatet the warden(crown store), the battleground (main game)and morowind to make morrowind a dlc obtanable by eso+
    I suspect they will do the same for summerset by separating jewlery crafting from it but not the psijic quest line because you kind of need summerset/arteum access for it
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you go into the game and check under "Collectibles" Morrowind is considered a zone DLC and not a Chapter. This is confusing, I agree.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 14, 2019 1:45PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you go into the game and check under "Collectibles" Morrowind is considered a zone DLC and not a Chapter. This is confusing, I agree.

No, I am certain you are wrong.

Standard edition of ESO contains ESO base game and Morrowind chapter, which includes the Warden class.

I bought that very package and I got the Warden class.

Morrowind chapter means Morrowind DLC and Warden class combined. It is only offered in packages sold for real money, not for Crowns.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the description under Morrowind on that second link I would think you would get the Warden class included. BUT we need a Zos employee to verify it.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • mknepfler
    mknepfler
    ✭✭
    When I preorderd Elsweyr back in January, I got access to Morrowind/Summerset and access to the Warden, So I don't think it is a separate purchase. If a pack includes Morrowind, it should also include the Warden.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Standard edition of ESO contains ESO base game and Morrowind chapter, which includes the Warden class.

Morrowind chapter means Morrowind DLC and Warden class combined. It is only offered in packages sold for real money, not for Crowns.

I am not wrong on what I said in that quote. Go into the game and look it up. Morrowind isn't considered a Chapter anymore under "Collectibles".

The other things... I don't know for sure but it's very confusing and the reason why I bought the Morrowind retail edition because there you have the Warden class for sure.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not wrong on what I said in that quote. Go into the game and look it up. Morrowind isn't considered a Chapter anymore under "Collectibles".

The other things... I don't know for sure but it's very confusing and the reason why I bought the Morrowind retail edition because there you have the Warden class for sure.

No, I am still certain you are wrong.

The Morrowind DLC indeed is in collectibles, nevertheless, the Morrowind chapter is not.

As I said, I bought a package containing Morrowind chapter and I did get the Warden class. The Morrowind chapter is NOT the same thing as the Morrowind DLC. Wherever the chapter is offered for sale for real money, it contains both the Vvardenfell zone and the Warden class.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My question now is: If I (pre)order this 'Standard Edition' with the Morrowind chapter included, will I get permanent access to the Warden class as well? It seems to be excluded nowadays when you buy Morrowind for 3.500 crowns in the Crown Store.
    Also, I assume that I get permanent access to the Necromancer class when I buy the Elsweyr chapter, right?

Thanks for your help! :smile:

Second question first, yes, you'll have necromancer forever, or until everything changes completely.

First question second, I have no idea and it looks like there is a lot of confusion in this regard, so let us know what happens if you do pull the trigger.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Morrowind DLC indeed is in collectibles, nevertheless, the Morrowind chapter is not.

As I said, I bought a package containing Morrowind chapter and I did get the Warden class. The Morrowind chapter is NOT the same thing as the Morrowind DLC. Wherever the chapter is offered for sale for real money, it contains both the Vvardenfell zone and the Warden class.

I own the retail version of Morrowind. Morrowind is listed under DLCs when I open Collectibles. Summerset is under Chapter, Morrowind is under DLCs. That's a fact because I see it live in front of me on my TV right now.

The Morrowind DLC is the thing you buy in the Crown Store I think yet with my retail edition of Morrowind it's still listed under DLC. That's the only thing I say.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly have no idea if it'd still include the warden class. I bought Morrowind before it to crown store only. I thought the warden class in crown store was just for people who wanted the class without buying Morrowind although the class may have been in crown store before morrowind went to crown store. Though I honestly don't remember.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I own the retail version of Morrowind. Morrowind is listed under DLCs when I open Collectibles. Summerset is under Chapter, Morrowind is under DLCs. That's a fact because I see it live in front of me on my TV right now.

The Morrowind DLC is the thing you buy in the Crown Store I think yet with my retail edition of Morrowind it's still listed under DLC. That's the only thing I say.

I pre-ordered the physical collectors edition and it's now listed under DLC for me as well. I'm on console though, so...
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »

I pre-ordered the physical collectors edition and it's now listed under DLC for me as well. I'm on console though, so...

I'm on Xbox, too.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind is not separated from the warden, If you buy Eso copy of Morrowind you will get the warden as well.
    The option to buy the warden via crowns is for those of you who dont wanna spend much on the whole chapter. Buying the Else chapter will get you the Morrowind Chapter as well + Warden
  • Xillean
    Xillean
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the preorder and as a few others said it gave me the Warden Class as well. Mine was collectors though if it makes any difference.
    Elar'kir-do, 584cp, Khajit Templar/Werewolf | PC NA player | GM/Founder of <Dominion of Unity>

Galacia Oridden, High Elf Sorcerer | Xillean Tormeng, High Elf Warden | Malduras Kelstrus, Dark Elf Necromancer | Estria Arkwright, Imperial Arcanist | Whispers Nightly, Argonian Nightblade | Janteer Raveria, Nord Dragonknight
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    I preordered and got Summerset, Morrowind and Elsweyr (without owning this game at all prior) and got access to the Warden class with the grey bear skin.
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same question came up with the Summerset release. Looks like that one came down to, if you buy Morrowind from the Crown Store or just have access because you're an ESO+ sub, no warden. If you buy outside the Crown Store or it comes as part of a package deal, you get the warden.

Keep in mind, that was for Summerset release. Things change cuz reasons 'round here.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I purchased the Elder Scrolls Online: Standard Edition for PC from the website store back in February for an alternate account, and it came with the Warden class.

Note, this is not the version that included Elsweyr and Summerset; it was just the base game and Morrowind chapter.
  • Keras
    Keras
    ✭✭
    Thanks a lot for the many insights, especially to those who claim they got the Warden by preordering Elsweyr! Sounds like the distinction between chapter and (zone) dlc still matters and that the Morrowind and Summerset versions included in the Elsweyr preorder are indeed chapters in regards to their content.

I would still like to have a ZoS official confirm this to dispel any possible misunderstanding now and in the future!

However, if I preorder any of the two non-upgraded Elsweyr editions with Morrowind and Summerset (might take a few weeks - Elsweyr's far away ^^'), I'll be sure to leave another reply here whether or not I got the Warden with it.