Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SHARE IT WHEREVER YOU CAN!

ChefZero
ChefZero
✭✭✭✭
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Truth is, you all are the ones who are losing sight, not the corporate greed behind Zenimax.

Why? Because MMORPG's are a dying genre. You all know there is no alternative to this game(and there probably won't be any, PvP MMOs are destined to fail because massive grindy natures of MMORPGs and PvP is a bad mix. You don't want grind in a PvP focused game you want action.). The closest one is guild wars 2. And guess what? If there are no alternatives to your game that gets you the freedom to prioritize doing reskinned horses over performance improvements.

For example, look at the battle royale market, hate the genre as much as you want but I remember how fast h1z1 died with the release of PUBG, and after that fortnite and Apex and so on. Point is, competition is good for online games, and ESO has no competition in the western MMO market. For battle royale market, each new game that killed the older one, offered superior gameplay with less lag or better designed gameplay. I used to hate battle royale games, I tried h1z1 and absolutely hated it. Then I recently played Apex and absolutely fallen in love with it. You see my point yet? IF ESO PvP wasn't such a lackluster and incomplete experience people wouldn't avoid it like the plague. So no amount of asking will get you performance increase because in the end of the day you still pay for the shiny reskinned horse, and thats why they keep making reskinned horses. If the performance issues affected their money they would be working on it.

If there was competition, you wouldn't be reading this video or feeling bad about ESO performance, you would be playing the next best thing, without worrying your mind about why your skills take 5 seconds to activate, because its their job to worry about the server performance, not yours.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 14, 2019 12:31AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truth is, you all are the ones who are losing sight, not the corporate greed behind Zenimax.

Why? Because MMORPG's are a dying genre. You all know there is no alternative to this game. The closest one is guild wars 2. And guess what? If there are no alternatives to your game that gets you the freedom to prioritize reskinned horses over performance improvements.

For example, look at the battle royale market, hate the genre as much as you want but I remember how fast h1z1 died with the release of PUBG, and after that fortnite and Apex and so on. Point is, competition is good for online games, and ESO has no competition in the western MMO market.

If there was competition, you wouldn't be reading this video or feeling bad about ESO performance, you would be playing the next best thing, without worrying your mind about why your skills take 5 seconds to activate, because its their job to worry about the server performance, not yours.

Lol
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Why? Because MMORPG's are a dying genre. You all know there is no alternative to this game. The closest one is guild wars 2. And guess what? If there are no alternatives to your game that gets you the freedom to prioritize reskinned horses over performance improvements.

For example, look at the battle royale market, hate the genre as much as you want but I remember how fast h1z1 died with the release of PUBG, and after that fortnite and Apex and so on. Point is, competition is good for online games, and ESO has no competition in the western MMO market.

Lol

You might ''lol'' me as much as you want, but at least I have realistic expectations, and I know nothing gets you a better game than solid competition.

Though if you want we can wait another 5 years and you can tell me ''see, performance is fixed'', when there are like 10 people left playing eso pvp.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 14, 2019 12:36AM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

This thread has been closed as duplicate thread to another one found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.